Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military covert career not an option?

My sim has the History degree and started the Military Officer career, but want to switch to Military Covert instead. I know he has the wrong degree (should have been Psychology), but I'll help him with a few promotions just to make it fair.

But - I can't find any way to join the Covert career. In the list I only find Officer career. Shouldn't there also be an option to start the regular Military career, without any start jump due to uni degree?

For the Law career I see both the symbol with the green "degree jump" mark on, and another option with no green mark, being the start+from+levl+one version.

Is the Military career glitched?

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited January 2022
    If your sim has joined the officer's career as a graduate (starting at a high level) you will have to quit, then rejoin the military career without the degree level entry, then get promoted until you can take the operative branch.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    If your sim has joined the officer's career as a graduate (starting at a high level) you will have to quit, then rejoin the military career without the degree level entry, then get promoted until you can take the operative branch.

Yes, but after quitting the Officer career, there is still only the Officer career available, not the plain military career.

Might be a bug with my game then, or that particular sim perhaps. I'll check if other History degree sims have access to the plain military career, eventually.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I think you may have to use cheats or mods (I know you can do it with UC cheats) to swap branches.

You could always switch to the Secret Agent career. It's not a Work From Home, though.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited January 2022
    It should be on the career list, but its not highlighted in green, that's only the graduate entry level. Also, the career may not show up while the Sim is still employed in the military as an officer because it's technically the same career, but different branches. I had the same problem with the legal career a while back. If its not there then maybe it is a glitch.
    Kironide wrote: »
    It should be on the career list, but its not highlighted in green, that's only the graduate entry level. Also, the career may not show up while the Sim is still employed in the military as an officer because it's the technically the same career, but different branches. I had the same problem with the legal career a while back. If its not there then maybe it is a glitch.

I did quit job before looking, but maybe the game needs some cool down time before reapplying. I could apply for the Military Officer track, though. Only Covert and the plan version was not in the list. I noticed Law had two versions (one high lighted and one not), Politician had two versions, but Military had just one (highlighted).
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think you may have to use cheats or mods (I know you can do it with UC cheats) to swap branches.

You could always switch to the Secret Agent career. It's not a Work From Home, though.

I use UI Cheat, so I will explore the chance to switch tomorrow (just closed my game). Thanks.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited January 2022
    (disregard, I overlooked the original post's first sentence)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Once you have picked a branch with a sim there's no way to pick the other branch without mods. I assume that joining the specific branch via degree has this same limitation.

MCCC has a "Reset career branches" option in the Careers or Cheats module.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Once you have picked a branch with a sim there's no way to pick the other branch without mods. I assume that joining the specific branch via degree has this same limitation.

MCCC has a "Reset career branches" option in the Careers or Cheats module.

Thanks! That pretty much explains it. I'll try switching with UI Cheat next time I play this house.