Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite spin-off ?

Hi,

What is your favorite spin-off ?

What is your favorite spin-off ? 111 votes

The Sims Online
1%
SavorySageWispye 2 votes
The Sims Bustin' Out
5%
pisceschick75gc6164FroilSorak4BrandontaylorTempest329 6 votes
The Urbz: Sims in the City
19%
lisamwittmystang1972GracieO312LatinaBunnyAngelEb95SnaveXsBreazonaStrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlayMMXphunktasticjoe89Chicklet453681EthropturDianesimsNikkihSimmingalSiggDiggitLogicallyironicLulu29IrishMyCase 22 votes
The Sims Stories (Life Stories, Pet Stories, Castaway Stories)
24%
crocobauraBluegayleLeGardePourpreWrenryxoJessiIsb917SimburianDarkLady2788ashcrash19duhboy2u2Serendipity38GemSixxpandie00ScobreBlueOvalecaliposscomicsforlifeMortimerGothWildIrishBansheeGordy 27 votes
MySims
4%
TeeSeaSunflowergal227OnverserHorrorgirl6MantleJackal 5 votes
The Sims Medieval
41%
Jaline33petalotusStormkeepCrazyMotherCoolmaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83loubyloulouCinebarmueller_litebestfrienemies14taydevClassicalSimFinvolaHarukotyanbixtersviola-illyriaannaliese39pandabear1836jazzunicornsKarababy52 46 votes
The Sims Social
2%
pammiechickAstroThunderbolt_4983 3 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2021
    Castaway Stories is my favorite game because the sims can discover new life away from modern society.
    It's a very different experience from the usual urban life in The Sims.

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Castaway for the Playstation. It is different from Castway stories in that you do not have to follow a storyline, but instead get a list of objectives that unlock more objects and places. They also have to build (and later on repair) the walls, roofs and windows of their huts themselves (I don't remember if that was a feature in Castaway stories, too).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I loved Castaway Stories. Played it on PC and DS. I was always curious about the Urbz.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Less stories, more Castaway. Basically the era of Sims 2 spin offs. Love the Urbz and Medieval, too. Wish they would come back.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    I love historical play.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    not on the poll i would say none
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I actually had a hard time picking between Bustin' Out and Urbz. I loved them both and if they were to port them over to PC I'd be in heaven.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I actually had a hard time picking between Bustin' Out and Urbz. I loved them both and if they were to port them over to PC I'd be in heaven.

Same here! Picked urbz because it's just so unique to me but now i feel bad since bustin out only got one vote ):
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2021
    I haven’t played with any of the ones mentioned - bar Medieval, which I enjoyed well enough, both on pc and mobile.
    Aren’t the other mobile games spin offs as well? Free Play, The Sims Mobile? I did explore both but I’m not really into mobile time management/ quest games on small-ish screens (or in general).

I never owned console (except Atari/ Sega) although I would love to check out Urbz and Castaways at some point. They seem to be popular classics.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    The Urbz. It's too bad that EA and Maxis had apparently forgotten about it to the point where there's nary a reference or Easter egg of it in either TS3 or TS4.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    Medieval. I didn't discover it until I was looking for a new time-killer during the spring of 2020...and ended up putting 400 hours into it before I felt like I'd played it to death.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Castaway on PlayStation.

You had to craft your clothes, your hut and gather your own meals. As you explored your clothes got torn and you would need to craft new ones. It was a fun survival game. It would be great if they remaster Castaway for the newer consoles.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Couldn’t decide between Urbz and Castaway. I loved the city vibes of Urbz and Castaway had an interesting premise and some survival gameplay.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IrishMyCaseIrishMyCase Posts: 1 New Member
    The Urbz was my favourite Sims game growing up, wish they would remaster it or even just adapt it for the new gen consoles or PC, it's so hard to find these days 😭
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2022
    there is few not on the poll too
    like ts1/2 for ps2 are different to pc version
    or that cool strangetown psp thing+others that i never got to play

but medieval and urbz (ps2)
    are 2 big vibes for me

urbz won this round though because as much as i like medieval i do still feel slightly sad it was made in ts3 style instead of ts2/ts4 style

and theres always the slight feeling of " but it could be better"

where with urbz its like " well dang they surely don't make em games like this anymore even if they tried the vibes would simply not be the same" :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited January 2022
    This was a difficult decision between The Urbz for Nintendo GameBoy Advance, DS and GameCube; and The Sims Bustin Out for GBA/GameCube, but I chose The Urbz because I am still able to play this game on my 3 different DS systems. I no longer have a GBA to play Bustin Out or the Urbz for GBA. I enjoyed all 4 games though. I also briefly played The Urbz on my GameCube but didn't enjoy it as much as the handheld versions.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    Sims Medieval. I would love a remake!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I still have my original Xbox so could play The Urbz and the other early games if my TV still had the proper connections but really enjoyed Castaway on PC better which was probably more suitable for my intelligence level! See something, pick it up, use it!

I would have loved Sims Medieval to be like the Sims iterations. We could then have gone through the centuries with expansions, one by one, bringing us eventually to the 21st century and then beyond. Plenty of Expansions there for EA before giving up! Something we in the UK are used to as we have buildings from all those centuries still being lived in, conserved on the outside but brought into the modern age inside.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    Sim Medieval was so fun. I'm still hoping they have some kind of medieval pack for Sims 4 inspired from this. I also really liked Castaway.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    The Urbz was definitely a favourite. I had a lot of fun on that game over the years and was probably one of my favourite Playstation games. I also loved Bustin' Out and wanted to play Sims Online but never got the chance to.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    Never played any spin-offs, but I enjoyed watching the gameplay in Sims Medieval and Castaway Stories when James Turner did Let's Plays for those two.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    The Sims Medieval
    I never got to try Sims Online, but Medieval was my jam. I'd love it if EA let them make more games like this, Journey to Batuu would've no doubt been a success had Maxis been able to make a Sims 4 Spinoff set in the Star Wars Galaxy in the same vein as Medieval. A shame that they just let that idea die with Medieval.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    The Urbz. Loved it. Every neighborhood was so unique.
    I did like Castaway too.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I enjoyed the stories in their time. I do still have Medieval and enjoy it at times but havent played in quite awhile. I would have liked more control in that game. I did want to get the Pirates & nobles but can no longer get it separately and I don't want to have to buy the original again.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Specifically Castaway Stories. I loved the island setting, theme, and the animals. And once all the items were available it was a good place to challenge yourself with playing challenges usually done with the Main Sims games.