Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Career?

Do you have a favorite career and why?

Here is a list:

• Actor
  • Doctor
  • Interior Decorator
  • Scientist
  • Astronaut
  • Athlete
  • Business
  • Civil Designer
  • Conservationist
  • Criminal
  • Critic
  • Culinary
  • Education
  • Engineer
  • Entertainer
  • Gardener
  • Law
  • Military
  • Politician
  • Salaryperson
  • Secret Agent
  • Social Media
  • Style Influencer
  • Tech Guru
  • Writer
  • Painter
  • Freelance Writer
  • Freelance Digital Artist
  • Freelance Fashion Photographer
  • Freelance Paranormal Investigator
  • Freelance Programmer
  • Freelance Crafter
  • Part-Time Babysitter
  • Part-Time Barista
  • Part-Time Diver
  • Part-Time Fast Food Employee
  • Part-Time Fisherman
  • Part-Time Lifeguard
  • Part-Time Manual Laborer
  • Part-Time Retail Employee

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Actor and scientist are fun. Actor, because I'd enjoy being an actor. I like being able to treat the makeup and costume people well. Scientist, because the tasks are varied, and the chance to clone yourself late in the career opens new story possibilities.

I also very much like painter, because the daily activity is painting, which is both satisfying and lucrative.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Culinary. I love cooking in real life.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really like the freelance careers as it allows sims the freedom to choose when and where they work. Freelance writer is probably my favourite as my sim and I both enjoy writing. I would also love a freelance musician career and an active horseman career.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I quite like both the Freelance Digital Artist and Gardener. I suppose if push comes to shove, I would probably choose Gardener, because it meshes well with exploring the various worlds and collecting wild plants. You can earn loads from both careers, but getting a garden up to a lucrative state takes quite a while.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I haven’t done the other jobs I want to try out like gardener, style fashion, social media, and interior designer, but I usually tend to love playing the culinary, education, freelance writer, and freelance painter jobs. I liked that some jobs, like the education job, have tasks that can be done from home/remotely/online now, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    All I know is every career should have a work from home option. I'd love to play so many of those careers if they were active/semi active. As it is though, my favourite is probably acting or detective.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Culinary. I love cooking in real life.

This ^^^

Every Sim Household always has one person that I take up to 10 in Baking, Cooking and Gourmet Cooking and it's very hard for me to resist not running them through the Culinary career track to get the household access to all of the nice kitchen stuff which that career unlocks. I'm not willing to use cheats to unlock the career unlocks, as I think that feature of the game helps keeps households unique and interesting...but I really like cooking.

After cooking I'm partial to painting and writing. Painting to decorate the home and writing to stock the book shelves.
    And gardening, though it's not really a career....every household always grows at least a little something. Even in San Myshuno I'm likely to have a few planters out on the balcony.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Favorites among the active careers are both scientist and actor. I haven't played the detective one much.

Most of them I like and there are some I haven't even tried yet. Right now, it's the Freelancer career, painting, writing and maker is what I use for my sims.

Probably most of my sims are makers as most of them are fluent in ecology. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    Okay I think I'm going to take a tally and see which ones get the most points and edit the original post. Unfortunately the poll feature doesn't work for lists longer than 10.

The freelance writer is my favourite. I always wanted to self publish a book so I really love this in the game.

@manicobsessive Yes! I agree. I really love this feature. I do like the active career lots just as much though, but for all the other careers it would be nice to have this option for when you have lots of kids or want to work from home or get other stuff done in the day.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Everything where the sims makes their own shedule, so freelancer, odd jobs, crafter/gardener and the work from home careers.

My absolute favorite is the Conservationist, because a high level one becomes quite powerful with their Global policies. They can globally raise food prices... or just threaten that they will do it, for a nice boon from the government if they refrain from doing it. (Okay that threatening part is story flavour only, but the policies and their impact on the whole save are really a nice feature of this career.)
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Culinary and critic(food). I love cooking in the game. So a lot of the times I have my Sims join the culinary career. But I also love living in San Myshuno and going out to eat the new foods. Plus it’s a work from home careers which i enjoy.

Lately I’ve also been giving my sims the part-time careers. Have my sims struggle with money a little more. Or if I want them to enjoy more time at home.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Scientist is probably my favourite cos it's fun.

I also like freelance, working from home jobs and painting.

I agree that most jobs should have a work from home option, or a follow them to work option.
  • Options
    j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    I always tend to go back to actor a lot not sure why - I love being a gardener and love the freelance jobs. Those that I can WFH I really like - wish we had more to choose from!
  • Options
    pompomPoropompomPoro Posts: 6 New Member
    Law and Secret Agent are my go-to for sure. I really liked the cover for SA although I'll never get to see my sim in action like that hahaha, both careers sounded cool for me and would put it often on cool sims. I haven't really tried out the other careers so it's those two for now ^^
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited January 2022
    tbh I don't know it depends so much on sim I'm playing

it would be easier to say what i don't like which is style influencer like dang i have them cause some premades are but i always feel so meh about it
    same with social media

also not big on the part times and freelance stuff is just too much fiddling most of the time and interior one is just too bugged to enjoy

I do often end up having sims on business and entertainer careers tho cause its like the neutral " ah yes he business around in his fancy office and she play instruments all the dang time" combo i keep having stuck on loop

but i wouldn't say its particularily more fun than other jobs in game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't really know since I haven't tried all of them yet but I do like the Style Influencer career just because you can give makeovers to townies on the fly. Sure, you can just use cheats or MCC for that as well but this career is a great immersive alternative to them. It was quite convenient how my first sim ended up in this career without my input (because it was the tutorial). Was quite handy to be able to do this for I played a while without any mods etc. (Plus I like those fingerless gloves that were unlocked with it.)
    Actor was enjoyable. Quite possibly the best of the active careers (though I still have to try Doctor). I had high hopes for Detective but it has kind of been a glitchy mess.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Culinary!! One person from every other generation completes the culinary aspiration for the food never expires trait. I usually cook massive amounts of food and store it in the household inventory until I need it. Easy way to feed multiple toddlers (I leave food in their inventory or on the counter) or I can have lavish holiday and Sunday dinner spreads whenever I want.

My other careers of choice are writer, business, social media influencer, lawyer or judge and self employed crafter.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I use the astronaut career quite often, because different aspects of it can be suitable for athletic Sims or for cerebral Sims. And it's fun playing with rockets. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Wow, I don’t really have a favorite, I try to avoid repeating careers. The one I enjoyed playing was journalist, I liked pretending my sim was seeking the truth.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Scientist is definitely my favourite.
    Although I am prefer my sims to not have a job at all and make money by crafting, farming or adventuring.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2022
    For the active careers, scientist wins hands down for me, followed closely by detective (though I do wish they could arrest/give citation when off duty). Only just started doing actor and am liking that as well.

Next up are the freelance careers for the flexibility they offer.

Next are the careers that offer both a rabbithole and a work from home option.

At the bottom are the rabbithole only careers which I have no particular favourite as I assign them depending on the sim
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I really love the gardener career, it’s the one I probably use the most. Gardening is one of my favourite aspects of the game, I’ve got a lot of gardeners in my legacy!

I also really like the culinary, actor and Island Living conservation careers, although I’ve never actually played that career in full. I also like to make a ‘career’ out of anything that involves selling items, like selling juice or collectibles at a vendors stall.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited January 2022
    I love them all, but especially Get to Work careers. I don't play them more often than other careers though. It's completely up to Sims which career suits them best. My all time favorite career is probably the scientist.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I prefer the Freelance careers because usually my Sims are playing out a story that doesn’t involve daily work/career goals. I like the variety we have with Freelance careers these days.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think I don't really have a favourite career. I just try to pick the one/ones that my sim would like. Yet if I had to say one I'd probably say the author branch of the writer career, because I like to come up with book titles and little descriptions for my sims' books. Not all my writer sims are on the writer career though, and the most successful one of them is a self-employed poet.