Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of all these kit packs

13...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I still have so much to do from the other GP's and EP's! But I do like the kits because I play so many different households I need the variety of CAS/BB items.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I love oatmeal cookies! 😋

With or without raisins? I love them too, as long as they don't have raisins...my gramma always made them with raisins. :(

oh ew without.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sometimes with a little icing on top, sometimes boring, oatmeal cookies

I love oatmeal cookies! 😋

Same here, especially the ones with raisins. The only cookies that are better are chocolate chip. Idea for you bakers out there. How about blending the two? Chocolate chip -oatmeal raisin/oatmeal raisin - chocolate chip (depending on balance).

And I am still very weary of the endless kits, and now at least 2 more are on the way... And a wimpy game pack... [sigh] :(

Any takers for a Wild West EP complete with cattle drives, bronco busting, and wild 'cow towns' like Dodge City?
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Don't worry too much about it. As long as people keep throwing money at these kits, they'll keep churning them out. They may be waste of time in some peoples' eyes, but it's easy money for people who will buy anything with the game's name on it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Based on this thread I'm actually surprised how many people don't enjoy the game without a stream of new bigger content.
    I feel like the sims is so expansive with everything we have I never really run out if things to do. So many things I intend but never even get around to. And still so many things I have not tried.
    Of course I want to see this game continue to grow and add live gameplay, animations and interactions. There is so much potential, so many things I want to see and so much more to add! But they can't give us anything that's not ready. People say this game is 7 years old but I assume most people are not playing this game every single day for hours at a time 7 years straight? Like I don't get to play everyday and there have been times I took breaks throughout the years to focus on other things. So I don't see how it can really get old.
    Everything feels new to me even after 7 years.
    Cottage living was a while ago and I still have not figured out how to manage a farm 😅😅 so many things I have yet to do with this pack content.

Plus I think a lot of people forget about console players and non cc users. My sister is a console player so I've been teasing her with cool cc 😎 for a long time now.
    While others are wishing for kits to end she is more than thrilled to be getting more content that makes up for the lack of cc. She would be sad if they stopped making kits. And there are a lot of cc free builders on console that I follow on Twitter too. They want more b/b they can get creative with.
    Console players matter too.

I've also seen a lot of simmers paying patreons up to 20 dollars for a few new dresses or b/b items a month. Kits are a much better value.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 and @Oldeseadogge: Oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips are delicious! I make them all the time for my Kids as they wouldn't eat oatmeal cookies until I started putting the chips in. Now they love them! But as far as kits, I like kits as I like the ablity for simmers to be able to pick and choose from a variety as to what content works for them. I am someone who likes alot of content, but there are actually kits I won't buy because they aren't what I want in my game, but other people do want them. My only complaint is the same as many on the forum have said, there have just been too many kits without any packs or gameplay since summertime. I was very excited and pleased with all the content in Paranormal stuff pack and was hoping for continued stuff packs similar to come our way. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be making them right now but giving us tons of kits instead. I do believe it is possible that the lack of packs/gameplay may be due to covid, as covid as affected so much in our lives. Hopefully things will settle down and we can all have a more normal year this year, a healthier year, and yes more gameplay and packs for our Sims 4!
    Sounds positively yummy! Pity I'm not a baker. My sims know more about how to use a kitchen than I do.

My take on kits comes largely from observation. For months now it has been a kits only world, not the slightest effort at even a small pack. While some are of interest, more have no place in how I play/build/decorate/attire my sims. They also apply to a TS4 installation I rarely play because so much is broken, whether by bugged newer packs or assorted updates. It is difficult to be enthusiastic when gardening is useless - eliminating a major sim income source, sims endlessly whine and get uncomfortable with homes they used to be happy with, restaurants are useless thanks to chefs refusing to report for work, and so on. So, my TS4 action is in an older installation that does not go beyond University, never sees the internet, and runs very well, thank you. The discovery of how to do TS2 style family albums has only sweetened the deal.

I much prefer a limited in content game I can enjoy than a loaded up one with all the latest goodies - whether from kits or packs - that is an exercise in frustration. But for those of you living in the loaded world, it would be better if kits were the special treat to add a bit of variety rather than the main course or only thing on the menu. Part of a balanced mix, not the whole or primary deal.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I also think the run of kits is due to COVID restrictions, though I am getting a bit tired of CAS kits. More gameplay kits already! Or even build/buy! I own everything and will continue to do so, as I don't use CC much until Sims 4 is no longer a live service game. But CAS is probably the least used part of the game for me, though I know others spend hours in it. I wouldn't mind the CAS kits if they actually addressed some of the lacking categories: underwear, toddler, children, sleepwear, swimwear, etc. Instead, it's just a metric load of every day mostly. Bah.

Thanks for the options, but can you move on now?

There's still a lot I haven't explored in Sims 4, but I also want new gameplay - there are still so many holes that need to be filled. Occults for one! Romance and weddings do need more, but they aren't the only place that needs filling in - so hopefully, we see more packs soon that fill in more gaps. Sims 5 is already in development, no idea how far they are into it, but enough that it's now being talked about. I think there's a link to an interview in the Sims 5 MMO thread. I'm sure there's more too.

But I'm sure everything is slowed down due to COVID and having to work from home at least part of the time. California goes into lockdown on a whim it seems, and I have no idea what the status is over there - they may be able to go into the office, or limited in office, or completely at home right now. And that may change tomorrow for them, so they have to be flexible.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I wouldn't mind the CAS kits if they actually addressed some of the lacking categories: underwear, toddler, children, sleepwear, swimwear, etc. Instead, it's just a metric load of every day mostly. Bah.

Totally agree, I'd be much more excited about CAS kits if we got kits for toddler and children's clothes, swimsuits and pajamas for all life stages, and everyday clothes for guys. I just have little use for these niche fashion choices they've gone with so far.

I'd also love the same for BB kits: curtains, rugs, clutter objects, lights, where we just get a wide variety of one thing per kit. I really liked what they did with the plant kit and I hope we get more like that.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Totally agree, I'd be much more excited about CAS kits if we got kits for toddler and children's clothes, swimsuits and pajamas for all life stages, and everyday clothes for guys. I just have little use for these niche fashion choices they've gone with so far.

I'd also love the same for BB kits: curtains, rugs, clutter objects, lights, where we just get a wide variety of one thing per kit. I really liked what they did with the plant kit and I hope we get more like that.

Literally everything you and @WildIrishBanshee wrote summarize my thoughts as well. I don't mind the "concept" of CAS and BB kits. I honestly think they would be incredible if they used them to fill in what I view as 'gaps' in what the game currently offers. I just think they've really dropped the ball and squandered that potential with most of the kits that they have delivered so far.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > The discovery of how to do TS2 style family albums has only sweetened the deal.

This sounds great - how do you do TS2 style family albums?
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2022
    The good thing about kits, you don’t have to buy them if they are not for you. I completely agree with what the Captain said, but I also think that is why we are feeling a little let down. We are stuck at home and are looking for new things to distract us from our problems. We just have to remember so are all the staff working on Sims 4.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
    Phobostime wrote: »
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > The discovery of how to do TS2 style family albums has only sweetened the deal.

This sounds great - how do you do TS2 style family albums?

Apologies for being late, the current term is in full swing and takes priority. As to how to do the album, it is a multi-step process.
    1. establish a folder per household - I do sub-folders under 'pictures' but whatever works for you, and name appropriately
    2. take in game screenshots as normal but don't bother with captions. do have your story in mind
    3. when done gaming move shots into their relevant folder(s)
    4. rename from current date-time to how you want to see them. I start with 001 and go from there. The reason for this is that the standard date-time name format does not take AM/PM into account, nor does it handle change of years well.
    5. double click shot to go into it and use graphics program to provide space for captions and the captions themselves. I use the Windows suppled 'paint' for simplicity - it gets the job done. close paint and save the shot
    6. repeat with next shot

The result is an album per household that can be viewed independently of the game and your shots are much larger. You can even make one your desktop wallpaper. If they are under pictures, and you have the slideshow screen saver active, they will be included (discovered this when the saver kicked in one evening).

As a writer, the ability to make stories I can read is a key part of simming and the loss of that ability in TS4 really dampened my enthusiasm for that version, especially after many years of doing it in TS2. The TS4 screenshot feature is simply not designed for album making and trying to make it do what it cannot do is pure frustration. Been there, done that, found a better way.
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks @Oldeseadogge, I'll have to try that.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I sure hope they lower the number of Kits this year. Last year it felt like we were drowning in Kits :(
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I started to say not another kit again...