Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 19th: An actual house to call my own

g1dbuhr.png
    With the sale of that simmi on Plopsy, I now had a nice bit of simoleans saved up; now was the time to build a real house instead of just a glorified shower. I added a bathroom and expanded the main room to add a kitchen. I was able to purchase two counters, a sink, and mini fridge and after adding a table and chair that I'd rescued from the dumpster, my new home was feeling pretty cozy...ish.
    6cnE79z.png
    I set out to cook my first real meal with the ingredients from my garden: a fruit salad! Well, since the only fruit in my inventory was strawberries, I guess it was just chopped up strawberries, but it was mine and it was tasty!
    cLWf4s8.png
    After a nice shower, I went to tend my garden and was given a very warm welcome by my bees.
    NVtCiyn.png
    I set up my yard sale table, but once again the clones showed up and we shared some nasty words (I may have accused them of spying).
    zKHcSj2.png
    I was missing Kaori, so I invited her to join me at the onsen. It may have been the beautiful sunset, but I was feeling a little sappy and kissed her hand in greeting.
    Wcr2uO4.png
    We got into the pool and chatted and flirted until we got a little too warm and got out. I asked her to be my snow buddy as we stood bare footed in the snow and we bumped fists in mutual snow buddy excitement.
    P7B5KK8.png
    uM2Vmg3.png
    I suggested maybe we could warm up by the fire and I got to show off my new muscles which seemed to impress her.
    QL6d6Nh.png
    It was getting late so I said goodnight and told her she should stop by my place tomorrow as I wanted to show off my new living quarters and she said she would. Not quite ready to head home, I returned to the slopes for one snowboarding and skiing run each, which I totally nailed.
    Qkvk92V.png
    T4AOvmw.png
    Back at home I read a little from the rock climbing manual that Kaori had given me, and I'm not sure why (maybe it is the epicness of my tiny house), but I started to really catch on to this skill at a faster rate than before. By now I was exhausted so I headed back to my tent, I'm going to have to add a bedroom with a real bed next.
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you everyone for the comments! :) I agree, I love that screenshot. And I don't remember who said it, but it really does go both ways, these 2 are having each other's back :)
    @SoulGal7 - no, it's actually the bar in Brindleton Bay. There's that couch thing in the entry area. She was hanging out there a lot, and as I hope you'll see soon, one of the bartenders seems to love Laika so I figured he gave her some favors because of that :D
    January, Day 18 - "Out of tune with the world..."
    01-12-22-6-55-23-PM.png
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Barely before midnight... :) Actually, she was cleaning up some trash, but I guess at the same time she has to work through old beliefs and memories to free up her heart and brain, so she'll be able to experience hope, happiness, and find who she really is. <3
    January, Day 19 - "'tis a sad duty, clearing out the Old to make room for the New..."
    01-12-22-6-11-03-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 19th - Blog Post... nonexistent at the moment. I've had a busy day, but I'm going to get to it soon as I can.
    VpHYoOn.png

Blog Post: Is now out!
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Day 9 Money! Money!
    Savannah started her day the same as usual, she took care of her morning needs, went to work and went to school.
    At school, she had a choice between a simple or tough assignment. Since she hasn't been able to complete her homework the last few days she decide to go with the tough assignment and hope she does well on it. After a tough assignment, Savannah ended up getting a passing grade which helped with her school performance.
    After school, she went to the lounge to play piano since she is going through a phase where she enjoys being loud. She actually made alot of money playing the piano, maybe tomorrow she can get rid of the tent and have more of a box on the property. s8eHBsj.png

Table of Contents
    Day 10 Rock Climbing
    Since the beginning of the new week, Savannah decide to do one new or old activity. For example, yesterday Savannah went to the lounge and played some piano. Today, She decide to try something new. After work and school, Savannah first got the simoleons to make a 2x3 home which includes a cot and her cooler. Rm9x3a7.png After getting her concrete box situated she traveled to the Onsen Bathhouse. At the bathhouse she took a quick shower and used the rest room. She went out exploring out by the slopes, She found the rock climbing area. Savannah thought there were 3 levels, easy medium and hard. Apparently it was only medium and hard. Savannah attempted the medium one, she fell quite a few times. After falling, she managed to finally get to the top! WHAT A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!! QEOfNIa.pngGWipYCo.pngC2AWe4K.png00fGrAy.png Savannah was exhausted after all that climbing. While traveling home, she was thinking about more activities she can do that can be fun. Maybe go skiing or snowboarding.

Table of Contents
    Day 11 Time with Kioshi
    Nd25yQv.png
    After a really rough day, between school and a very bad mood swing Savannah was visibly upset. Originally her plan was to go snowboarding, when she arrived at the Onsen Bathhouse Kioshi calls Savannah. Kioshi wanted to know if Savannah would like to come hang out at his home. Savannah said yes, thats when she realize Kioshi lives close by to her!
    Savannah hanged out with Kioshi, improving their relationship. She find out that Kioshi likes modern décor, Which doesnt surprise Savannah because their house was literally all modern furniture and decorations. It was getting late so Savannah headed home so she can go to bed.

Table of Contents
    Once I catch up in days I be doing game play session per day instead of sims day. 9 to 10 more sim days and i be caught up. Sorry for the excessive posting. :D
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    @afai1261
    Aw, what a nice gift for Aaron to make for Hunter! And I'm glad that he's starting not to hate working out haha, I need some of that energy :D I'm glad that he is feeling more confident about his body too! <3 Also you totally shouldn't feel obligated to comment on every single post/day, if it's too stressful. I know personally that once I get a few days behind, I just start commenting on everyone's last post just for my own sanity. Just a suggestion if you feel like it's getting to be a lot.

Love that everyone is using that gym! I think I'm missing too many of those packs for it be a useful gym for me to place though. I've got most of the big packs with worlds, but I'm missing several of the game packs and stuff packs unfortunately. Love the iceskating shots! Such a fun skill to build seasonally. Gotta love those random, usually useless gifts from Father Winter. But at least you can sell them haha. And Robin's really loving the gym in everyone else's game, maybe I should place one for her haha. That rock climbing skill is SO tedious to build. Robin is only at level 5 and I feel like it's all she does lol.

Thanks for your explanation about Aaron knowing Hunter's a vampire too. I hadn't really thought about if Aimi knows that Robin is a mermaid or not - I'm assuming she does, since Robin doesn't have anything to hide by being a mermaid. I don't have all these details fleshed out yet though haha

@SoulGal7
    Yes, that was Lydia fishing with Robin, and I didn't even think of Nanami being a klepto haha. Maybe she's teaching Dylan some tricks of the trade ;)

Lovely screenies for your latest update! That sky is gorgeous! You got some great skiiing shots too. And nice, finishing the body builder aspiration!!! Dylan's so ripped haha. He does look very proud of himself :) And it's fun that he's bonding with Kiyoshi in your game. I wonder if Kaori and Kiyoshi will eventually get together in your game since Dylan will be moving through romantic conquests haha

@LegacySims2017
    Fun idea to make it a tradition to swim in the river in the winter! He sure is hanging out with a lot of elders haha - nice that you incorporated that into the story too. The hot springs is the perfect place to go after that. He's doing great with his skiing and rock climbing too! Oof, those bills hit hard. Hopefully things will keep looking up for DJ though. I love seeing all your guys' rock wall photos too. I never bought the pack with that wall, so Robin only has the option of braving the elements and doing it outside. DJ is making good progress!

Robin was actually at school I think when Pepper was sleeping outside haha - I kind of forget, I blasted through a lot of sim days and lost track about when exactly some of my screenshots took place :D And the dancing shot - idk what that animation really even is. Robin autonomously does that with Pepper every so often haha

@Shadami Fun to see so many challenge sims show up in your game!!

@karababy52
    Nice renovations! Love how you are utilizing the SE pack stuff. A green house is always such a great idea - if I weren't doing a tiny home, I'd definitely be doing that. It reminds me a bit of Essa's house from last year too, if I'm recalling correctly :) Love that you use TOOL to your advantage for building too - to be honest, I still really don't use it much for builds, but I use it a lot for repositioning/teleporting sims in live mode haha. Gotta love it when those townies come in uninvited...ugh haha. Did you keep most of the pre-mades in your game this year?

What a fun update with Cale at the gym! Too funny that it was teeming with mermaids and vampires. I really love Jules' vampire look. She looks amazing! Robin and Cale's flirting was very cute - but I kept thinking of Jules lurking in the background LOL, what would she think of her little girl kissing a boy she just met :joy::joy: Love that you are doing the serial romantic aspiration and laying the foundation for your 100 baby challenge though! I wonder if Robin will start showing up in your game more now that they've connected. So since Mt. Komorebi has so many rentals, I changed two of them to residential lots and put the boy challenge sims in one house and the girls in another. I feel like I see a lot of Mt. Komorebi residents around the community lots, so maybe having the teens all living in that world is helping?

So Damon's eyes had been glitchy ever since I downloaded him - they were brown and the game wouldn't let me change the color, so last night I took out my CC eyes, went into game and changed his eyes to their proper color, then put the CC eyes back in and now he's looking much more like himself. Just thought I'd share since I was excited he looks like himself now :)
    2l00LQs.png?2

@Carebear92
    My sims lose their homework all the time haha - you have to get a bookshelf and purchase a new one unfortunately, school won't automatically replace them. The homework books are only 1 simoleon though! Good progress with Savannah!

@miss_eulenauge
    Great screenshot of Lucy with the violin, fun that she is building a new skill. Gotta make sure you turn your volume off in the beginning though :D Tough day in her next one, but she'll have good days soon :)
    @everyone - I'm totally forgetting from last year, but what's the ideal skill level for rock climbing to do the mountain excursion?
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    @everyone - I'm totally forgetting from last year, but what's the ideal skill level for rock climbing to do the mountain excursion?

From the wiki:
    Rock Climbing Skill level 9 and above is recommended otherwise your Sim has a high risk of falling and injuring themselves and even death.

Edit: Was looking at this ( https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Mountain_Climb_Excursion )

Edit again: Level 8 of rock climbing is a milestone task, so I recommend at least hitting that, first.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 19: "I don't need a Superhero, I have a big brother..."

by7QCBx.png

Notes
    Okay, so this update is quite a bit longer than I intended, lots of text and very similar screenshots. But, once I started, I couldn't stop. Just know that I don't plan to write this much very often. I just felt it was needed this time, to give some more insight into Cale's story. I wasn't going to write a story at all this year, but looks like I'm committed now. I'll try not to get so long-winded and keep it shorter from here on out though. Hope it all makes sense! :)

Also, a bit of a disclaimer. This update contains references to abusive violence that may be hard for some to read.
    P2rU9kF.png
    Later that afternoon, Cale went to meet Joel at his house on the mountain he shared with his brothers, Jon and Josh along with Josh's wife Essa. Joel had invited him there to talk about their plans to climb the mountain together.

"Woooo I am SO pumped for this, I can't wait to go!"
    "Glad to hear it, so am I. Let's have a seat."

cRa6qNm.png
    "Okay, so, I know we're going to need supplies, probably a tent since it might take more than one day. Food, maybe a lantern, extra clothes and stuff like that. But here's the thing. I spent all my savings on the greenhouse and stuff. If you could spot me some cash. I promise to pay you back. I can't go fishing now, but I have my garden."

"That's been a great money maker and it'll just get better now that the Orchids I grafted are finally growing. Those go for BIG money at the florist shop. Is that okay with you? I mean, I could get it all myself and pay for it, but it'll take awhile. The bills and taxes will be due soon. I think I have just enough to pay those, but that's it. We could wait though, but--"

d8Tq6iP.png
    "Don't worry about any of that, I'll take care of it."

P8aoiIy.png
    "You'll pay for it all? But, I asked you to go with me. You shouldn't have to provide everything. That's not right. I appreciate the offer, but why would you do that? I can pay my own way."

wpWlpt5.png
    "What's the catch? I know there has to be one. Nobody just pays for stuff without wanting something for it. Wait...do you want me to fight you for it?"

oMBmrJH.png
    "Fight me for it? What!? Why would you think that? No, I told you I've climbed the mountain before, so has Josh and Essa a couple times. We have all the supplies we need already. As for food, we can make some energy bars from the produce in your garden. You have cherries and apples, right?"
    "Yeah."
    "Well there you go, that's all you need to supply, okay?"

iFYr982.png
    "Yeah, okay, I can do that. No problem. The reason I...thought I had to fight you for it is because, well...my Step-Dad used to make me fight him for stuff I needed all the time."
    "Why would he do that? It makes no sense. Dad's provide for their family because they love them."
    "He said that he made the money in the house and if I wanted anything, I had to pay for it by fighting him. If I could beat him, he'd give me what I wanted. Even if it was something like new underwear, socks, stuff for school. I learned real quick I needed to get strong or find another way to get what I needed if I didn't want to get beat up all the time."
    "Incredible."
    "What about your Mom? Couldn't she help you out? Did she have to fight him too?"
    "No, Dad said she could have whatever she wanted since she took care of the house, cooked our meals, took care of his needs, etc. You know, all the stuff women are supposed to do for their men. That's what he always said anyway."

M1gXNGw.png
    "I found a packet of seeds once, and got an idea I could grow stuff to sell and get what I needed that way. I tried to keep it hidden from him though. Somehow I knew he'd think 'that's woman's work boy,' he said that a lot. I really enjoyed watching what I planted grow. And I didn't have to fight him so much for awhile."

"He must've got suspicious though when I stopped asking for stuff because one day I went to tend my garden and it was all ripped up, all the plants had been uprooted, it was totally destroyed. He admitted it he'd done it and started laughing at me, called me a sissy boy and a wimp. I was so ashamed."

cIOj8nG.png
    "He was nothing but a bully, but I didn't realize it until later. I loved him, he was the only Dad I'd ever known. I looked up to him if you can believe it. My real Dad died when I was really young. I didn't know any better, that was what I was taught. If you wanted anything, you had to fight for it or go without."

"I got into a lot of fights at school, probably spent more time in detention than in class. I skipped a lot too, hung out with the wrong crowd. They were my buddies though, all tough guys. We had I guess what you would call a fight club and would fight for the rights to any of the girls that hung around us. Dad knew, he'd join us fighting sometimes, just for fun. Everybody thought he was such a cool Dad. So did I, then...not anymore."

lra8yQ3.png
    "I came home from school one day and I heard yelling and screaming inside the house. Mostly yelling from my Dad and my Mom crying and pleading with him. I ran inside and saw my Mom on her knees with her head down and my Dad towering over her with his hands fisted, yelling at her so loud and hard, the veins were standing up in his neck and on his giant arms. I figured she must've done something he didn't like and I was right. There was a burnt roast on top of the stove, still flaming. My Mom must've heard me and turned around to look up at me."

"I couldn't believe what I saw. He'd beaten her Joel. She had a black eye, and her lip was bleeding."

uda4e4T.png
    "Why didn't I know Joel? How could I not know? All those years, he must've been beating her all that time. I'd saw the signs, but she always had an excuse."

"'Oh I ran into a door Cale.'
    'I tripped over a shoe I didn't see.'
    'I fell out of bed Cale, don't worry I'm fine. Just go do your homework so you don't get in trouble again.'
    "

FjCES3k.png
    "Gawd! It just makes me so angry thinking about it! I lost it. I ran at him and tackled him. We fought like wild animals, wrecking the house. I wanted to kill him for what he'd done to her. He laughed and just kept hitting me, calling me a little boy defending his worthless Mommy that couldn't even cook a decent meal. Mom ran out of the room and hid in their bedroom. She did that a lot when we would fight. She liked to go in her walk-in closet and stay there until she thought it was safe to come out again or my Dad went in there and demanded she come out."

7wRtBnj.png
    "Somehow we ended up on the front lawn, still brawling. I tried my best, but he was bigger and stronger than me. He had this ring he always wore he'd won arm wrestling. It was huge with some kind of green jewel in it. Looked like one of those Superbowl rings. Usually he took it off when we would fight. Not this time."

"That's how I got this scar. He hit me really hard and knocked me out. I woke up with blood in my eye and couldn't see anything out of it. He was no where to be seen. And then...I heard my Mom screaming and smelled smoke. The house was on fire, I'm guessing maybe from that roast, I don't know."

WzPzdpx.png
    "I ran for the house to try to save her, but I couldn't get close enough. It was too hot! I couldn't save her, I tried, I tried, but I couldn't, I couldn't save her Joel."

UnyGXdu.png
    "She stopped screaming and I just fell to the ground. I knew she had to be dead."

nBoh4lY.png
    "I heard sirens in the distance getting closer and I panicked and ran for the woods. No way was I going to let them put me in a foster home or probably Juvie. I just ran and ran and ran until I just couldn't run anymore. I hid in someone's abandoned cabin for awhile, but didn't stay long. I knew they'd be looking for me. So I just kept running, stealing food when I got hungry and stuff. I lived off that and whatever else I could find, berries, mushrooms, anything that seemed edible."

"A couple days later, or maybe longer, I don't know, I lost all sense of time, anyway, I was somewhere in this thick forest, with just a bunch of trails going though it and one dirt road. I heard something big coming down that dirt road I was walking down and hid. I watched to see what it was and it was this big truck hauling something with a tarp over it. I took a chance and ran for it, leaping in the back."

9uRHQx2.png
    "I didn't know that truck would keep going for what seemed like hours. I fell asleep. I woke up when it stopped at some store here and I jumped out. That's how I got here. I don't know why I'm telling you all this. You probably don't think much of me now. I should...I should probably go. Just forget about everything I said. I won't bother you anymore. I can...take care of myself."

Cale got up and started to walk fast toward the door. He was scared. Scared that Joel would make him go back, turn him in, have him arrested or something for being a runaway. All he knew is that he'd said too much and he had to get away. Joel was a good guy and would probably do what he thought was the right thing. Cale had decided though that he would never, ever live under anyone else's rule again. He started walking even faster...

5PGozUG.png
    "Wait! Cale, where are you going, come back here. You can't go like this."
    "I can't go!? Who says? You? I don't want to, but I'll fight you if you try to make me stay or, or...turn me in. I won't go back and you can't make me. He might find me that way too, did you ever think of that? Maybe he'll even try to kill me. I'm the only one that knows what happened, what he did. Don't try me Joel, I've been working out, you'll lose. Just let me go, and you won't get hurt..."

gDjHInZ.png
    "Cale, just listen to me for minute okay? I think you owe me that, owe all of us that at least. I don't know why you'd think I'd do something like that to you. I won't. None of what happened was your fault. You're a victim Cale, a victim of years of abuse. What happened, was tragic. I'm so sorry about your Mom. I can't imagine having to go through that alone."

jOg11qm.png
    "Let me ask you something Cale, how old are you?"
    "I'll be 16 next month, why? What's that got to do with anything?"

6oNXgkj.png
    "16, perfect. You'll be considered an adult at that age here. An independent adult without the need of a legal guardian. You won't have to go to school, they won't try to put you in Juvie or any of that. You can just continue to live your life the way you have since you got here. Now, in the future though, if you want to go to college or anything, you'll probably have to take a high school equivalency test or something, but that's something to think about for another day."
    "How do you know all that?"
    "When I was 16, Josh 12 and Jon just 8, our parents disappeared in the jungles of Selvadorada while on an expedition. They were explorers. Anyway, the authorities wanted to take all of us away and put us in a foster home. But I found out, that I could declare myself an adult and take care of them myself, so that's what we did. No way were we going to let anyone separate us. We knew how to take care of ourselves. We'd learned from our parents how to survive in the jungle, been taught how to live off the land, etc. I had a job anyway by then and would graduate later that year."
    "Wow, so, you took care of your brothers?"
    "Yes, well, actually, no, we took care of each other. But I was responsible for them until they were old enough to get jobs and live their own lives too. You can do it too Cale, you have been doing it! I mean look at you! You have a house now, a garden, you're making your own money, learning new things and making friends. Just try to keep your nose clean until you're 16 and you're good."

KvRQZBd.png
    "Oh man, thanks Joel. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any of that. You're the best friend I've ever had next to my Mom. I'll never forget this and I don't know how I'll ever repay you, but I will."

zY3EF1J.png
    "Just try to stay out of trouble Cale. Work on your anger and keep working on improving yourself. We'll try to help however we can. It's not easy, but I know you can do it. I believe in you Cale. Okay? Now, what do you say we put all this aside for now and figure out when we're going to climb that mountain?"
    "Sounds good to me!"
    "Cool, are you hungry? I think Josh made some of his famous Super Salad, it's really good. Would you like to try a bowl?"
    "I'm starving! Yeah, thanks again. You're my Hero Joel."
    "Nah, I'm no Hero, I'm just a big brother looking out for his little bro. Just like I've always done. And if your step-Dad or anyone else tries to give you any trouble they'll have to answer to me!"
    *sniff*
    "I'm not *sniff* crying, just so you know."
    "It's not bad or unmanly, whatever, to cry Cale, go ahead. Watcher knows you sure have a reason for it. just let it out if you want."
    *sniff* "Okay, but I'm not crying....Bro." *sniff*

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh good, glad he wasn't in long enough to turn blue! *whew* I want Cale to reach Level 10 too in rock climbing and fitness before he makes the climb. I might have to compromise and try at a little lower level. Time is fast running out for the month! o.O

Wow, Winter until March? Poor DJ! Spoiler alert, it's just as bad in Windenburg in Winter. But I bet DJ can handle it, he has so far! Can always give him a Greenhouse too. ;) HAHA! Uh, I think his garden is safe. I don't think there's an animation for Sims to take out their anger on plants.

@SoulGal7
    Thanks for that tip too. I put the Teen Hangout lot trait on the park already though. Right after that Morrigan showed up, so maybe it's working? He hasn't been back though to test it again. hehe Yeah, Cale is NOT shy when it comes to girls. He's uh, a bit experienced with them. ;) Nope, 'Make Friends' at school isn't an option for Cale. No school for him, he's a runaway technically and doesn't want to get caught and sent to foster care. Ohhh, okay, I bet that's why it said he got injured. Thanks for the clarification.

@afai1261
    Yay! Hunter's moving closer to Aaron. No biggie his Uncle had to come too, at least he's there! Very nice gift Father Winter gave him, a fridge! Wow! Look at you Aaron, nice guns Dude! ;) So funny how he kept running off to do other stuff, and Hunter too. Loved the in sync yoga routine with Robin too. hehe Great update!

@permanentrose
    Such lovely screenshots of Robin climbing! Love the one especially of Pepper watching her at the top! Very nice she has a garden going now. Summer! Gah! Wish it was Summer or at least Spring for Cale. He has another week to get through until Spring yet though. Yep, grinding can be tedious, but it's a necessary evil. Speed 3 is your friend! hehe

Thanks! I figured it was time to make his shack at least look like it belongs there. hehe It's kinda/sorta like Essa's but not really. I have not tried T.O.O.L. for anything other than on objects so far. I keep forgetting we can move our Sims with it too. No, I have very, very minimal premades in this save, only; the mermaids, the Pub owners, Crumplebottom ladies, the Mayor and her son and Michael Bell in HoB, Vatore twins, Vlad, the Sages and...I think that's it.

I should rename that gym the Occult Gym. hehe Thanks, I love Jules' look too, glad you like it. :) Yep, laying the foundation for those two things with any lady he can befriend or romance. :) Can't wait to get started on it officially! Have to wait until April though! Dangit! Oh, yeah, I ended up putting challenge Sims in houses too in Mt. Komorebi! Cross your fingers they all start showing up more now. Robin will hopefully show up too and Gloria. They still live in Windenburg with Jules though. Jules actually had left the gym by then, so she didn't see her little girl kissing Cale. hehe

Oh Hi there Damon, looking good with your blue eyes! Cool! :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    (Well, I am on the right track. I installed The Sims 4 and all the packs on my new computer. Got the game loaded to create the default folders and then moved everything over. I was able to open up all my saved games from now to ones I've saved 5 years ago. Amazing! I loaded up a family in my "one month, one world, one year" save and everything looks good. I think my main problem is going to be image resizing and such when it comes to new screenshots, but I think I can manage. I'm just really happy that all my saves made the move over smoothly. I'll need to play catch-up with my daily images again, but having the game run on this new, much faster, computer is worth it. Oh, and here is some trivia that is jaw dropping....my installations showed 51 new game installs. That includes all the packs, kits, and a few other freebies.)

January 19th Comments:

@Shadami
    Yay for Velma completing an Aspiration. I hope her music career kicks off. I was thinking of what D.J. could do for something long term and think I came up with something fun...
    He's going to become an author and write about each of his experiences in each world based off aspirations.
    ...that was fun to see Aaron in your gameplay.
    Oh, more Challenge Sims. And did I see D.J.? You did good picking out content to replace his custom content. I could still tell it was him. :wink:

@afai1261
    I don't even know what a Crisponix is. Next time I load my game, I'll have to check. :lol: Yes, that is the same gym I use for D.J. I like it a lot. I don't think it's meant for a specific lot, just lot size. It'll look good in any neighborhood. If you like Aaron's new arms, wait til you see his new chest and abs, too. :joy: I was almost the same way when I saw D.J. shirtless, to be honest. I was like, "woah, where did that six pack come from?"

@permanentrose
    I really like those climbing shots of Robin. Poor Pepper wanted to go to the top with her it looks like.
    D.J. has a lot of elderly acquaintances. A lot! I hope that changes when he heads to Windenburg. It's fun to see all the rock climbing photos of Robin. The rock wall helps a lot, at least for me. Less chance of an actual injury that can incur when climbing rocks and mountains. That is cool and fun to hear that Robin and Pepper autonomously interact with each other. Shows that they are definitely bonded.

@Carebear92
    Poor Savannah and the wildlife beasties. Isn't that how it always works? Pick the wrong deterrent. I wonder what would happen if her wish came true. Would she become a believer? :expressionless:
    Savannah got a welcome wagon, that's nice. D.J. didn't, but that is probably cause it was really cold out. :lol:
    I love the mystery of the disappearing homework. Do you have @SoulGal7 's Dylan in your game? He's a klepto. Maybe he "borrowed" it. :joy:
    Savannah the pianist...I like it!
    Very nice rock climbing screenshots. Savannah was doing great it looks like!
    I can see Savannah and Kioshi being a couple! :blush:

@RememberJoy
    Does this mean Adam won't be a dumpster chef anymore? His place looks cozy for a starter home. And those "clones"...spying on Adam. I hope he shamed them good.

@miss_eulenauge
    That was me who mentioned that. :blush: Lucy not like the sound of her violin playing? lol ... I'm sure she'll get better.
    Looking for the days when all of Lucy's frowns will turn upside down. :smile:

@Karababy52
    That was a great backstory of Cale. Was clever seeing how you'd tie his traits into it. Good for Joel being a "big brother" to Cale for now. Also allows you to bring his bully father into the picture later down the road...kind of like @SoulGal7 will do with her backstory Sims with Dylan.

I do have plans on bringing D.J.'s past to the present in regards to his parents, but that will come later on.
    I had considered using your idea of a greenhouse for next month. Fishing might be out of it until Spring time. We'll see how the fishing spots are first. Good to know winter is just as bad in Windenburg. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 20
    B0wTyXdf_o.jpg
    Aaron continued to go to the gym every afternoon, slowly but surely ridding himself of his aversion to fitness, and the results so far were incredible. As well as his aversion to fitness, he was also shedding off the remnants of his old identity, and started growing some (very) light facial hair. He brought Hunter along to the gym most days, and was extremely excited to hear that Hunter and his uncle would be moving into the vacant house soon, and was even more excited to hear that Hunter was thinking of adopting a dog - Hunter had always loved the companionable animals but had never had one since he lived in San Myshuno in a penthouse that was not pet-friendly. Aaron loved dogs too, although he had only ever lived with cats previously. Maybe when he had enough to support himself and a dog he'd get one himself, but for now he could be content hanging out with whatever dog Hunter chose to adopt. And perhaps if he and Hunter ever moved in together... He felt giddy just thinking about it.

As well as working on his rock climbing, he took to the slopes on his snowboard most days after working out. He continued to work on his painting, invigorated by Hunter's very positive response to his Winterfest gift, and was able to paint his first ever masterpiece, an achievement he could be proud of. He replaced his old fridge with the one Father Winter had given him, and the one day he decided to try out skiing he fell and injured himself, so decided wholeheartedly that he'd stick to snowboarding.

Then came the day that Hunter and his uncle moved in. Aaron went over to visit him, and Hunter welcomed him into his new house. It was a beautiful place, but as they stood chatting in the lounge about their ambitions involving climbing to the peak of Mt Komorebi, Hunter had looked past Aaron's shoulder in obvious irritation. "Hey, Uncle Morgan," he said with a sigh. The other man, Hunter's uncle, had entered the room almost silently. As Aaron turned to look at him, he realised with a start that he was familiar... The lounge. Weeks ago. His mind raced. "My mother doesn't trust me enough to live on my own..." Hunter was saying, but Aaron was busy searching for any sign of recognition in Morgan's eyes. "You think you can afford to pay bills for a place this nice on a part time job salary?" Morgan retorted, and Aaron suddenly wished he wasn't there. Morgan extended a hand towards him. "I'm Morgan. And I believe we've met before."
    Hunter's face was one of shock and Aaron wished the floor would open up and the earth would swallow him whole.

q3WfD5O.png
    wNZAw2e.png
    ~~~
    how's that for drama lol

Anyways...
    Hunter was enthusing about dogs (he is a dog lover) in this screenshot which made me remember I wanted to give him a dog. I think he'll have it in the next update? I'm not entirely sure, I've played pretty far ahead haha
    szYdMwo.png

Aaron FINALLY got level 3 in rock climbing (ugh took so long) so could finish the next milestone of the extreme sports aspiration
    BY2IHFI.png
    GSkD06z.png

More snowboarding!
    WQ3DjqM.png

I had him at the gym and he discovered the soccer ball and started playing with it... autonomously... for like 4 hours... and didn't freaking stop. My dude, you hate fitness, stop it! (Yeah I still haven't removed the dislike but I'll do it next time I play). Also I was laughing at him still wearing his snowboard boots, that can't have been easy :joy:
    stm3T5b.png
    3t50tij.png
    k7n5UE2.png
    Then he straight up stole it from the gym. Just put it in his inventory without me noticing. I later tried to return it to the gym but the game put it straight back in his inventory when he got back home :bawling::joy:

Woot!
    pAUiIg4.png

New fridge from Father Winter! I mean I could have sold it, it was worth a lot and his old fridge was doing fine but whatever haha
    cAUxVc0.png

He needed to get injured for his aspiration (when he got injured the first time ages ago, he wasn't tracking the extreme sports aspiration so it didn't count)
    His skiing skill is nonexistent so I sent him off on the easy slope at high intensity. Boom, instant injury
    YeEvj2J.png
    x83ttVK.png
    I mean you'd definitely be injured if your ski went through your ankle like that.

Yes, we know you have biceps now Aaron, not that anyone can see them under all those layers
    ytFR0jD.png

First masterpiece naturally has to go on the wall :)
    BVVdjlv.png

Poor dude was angry at some point and painted this...
    LiaNODP.png
    i feel that

Hunter's house is great! Too bad Hunter isn't too happy about sharing it with his uncle... (which is entirely something I invented for story, he is friends with Morgan really. The face that Hunter was making was entirely coincidental but tied in nicely)
    cxTHGkG.png
    ~~~
    More specifically, Morgan is Hunter's maternal uncle - he is Elle DeVampiro's brother :smiley: I keep hoping that Elle will show up at some point so Aaron can get her autograph (she's a celebrity in my game) but of course she doesn't...

Post edited by afai1261 on
    On the advice of @permanentrose , (thank you, it made me feel better about falling behind on commenting) I'm going to comment on everyone's most recent post (or just posts from this page and last) and see where it goes from there :)
    because woo this thread is hard to keep up with but I want everyone to know that I am reading and enjoying everything :smiley:

@permanentrose
    Day 18: Adore that daily pic of Robin and Pepper dancing. I love that interaction so much, it's really cute.
    I love the dolphin squeaks that mermaids do!
    Bahaha love Aaron just being himself, his constantly-tense-hating-everyone-and-everything-self... He's so happy in SoulGal7's game (and mine now that he has Hunter), and then in yours he's the exact opposite! The duality of sims lol

Day 19: Awesome pic of Robin on the wall (daily pic).
    Pepper is ready and prepared if anything happens to Robin ;)

@LegacySims2017
    Day 16/17: Aaron barely does his own homework anymore but I don't blame DJ for keeping on top of his. Poor DJ feeling low on cash. You can do it, DJ!
    Great pictures of DJ shirtless on the climbing wall ;)
    And in response to what you said about Aaron's new chest and abs...
    @afai1261
    I don't even know what a Crisponix is. Next time I load my game, I'll have to check. :lol: Yes, that is the same gym I use for D.J. I like it a lot. I don't think it's meant for a specific lot, just lot size. It'll look good in any neighborhood. If you like Aaron's new arms, wait til you see his new chest and abs, too. :joy: I was almost the same way when I saw D.J. shirtless, to be honest. I was like, "woah, where did that six pack come from?"
    I was shook when I removed his shirt in CAS :joy: I never knew he'd get that beefy just from using a climbing wall, but it does make a lot of sense.

@Carebear92
    Awesome set of updates with Savannah :)

@RememberJoy
    Day 18: Omg all those clones :joy:
    Love that pic of him breaking the fourth wall!
    Wow his golden simmi sold for $1000?! :open_mouth: Now that is impressive!

Day 19: Yay, well done on getting Adam a house! His place looks great so far :)
    Cute pics with Kaori.

@SoulGal7
    Day 15: Woo there's my boy! I'm surprised Aaron did so well in skiing, he's awful at it in my game :D Glad that Dylan could work through his stress hanging out with his buds :) Aha someone had to wipe out, and this time Kiyoshi took the fall ;)
    Go Dylan, climbing that wall! Poor guy peeing himself though!

@Karababy52
    Day 18: Awesome that Cale finally met another contestant!
    Vlad looks VERY excited to lead the yoga class ;):joy:
    Gosh the rock climbing skill seems so slow to build up!
    Hehe Cale and Robin are pretty cute actually!
    I need to have Aaron attempt to seduce Hunter like that :joy:

Day 19: Ooh, Cale coming in with that backstory... I really feel for the guy!
    Oh man his stepfather sounds like a real piece of work, and freaking toxic too. Ugh.
    I actually shuddered while reading that. Which is testament to you as a great writer, not that the story was bad!
    Woo boy. I'm glad Cale has someone like Joel to look up to! He's been through so much.

@Shadami
    Day 18: Oh wow, Velma met Aaron! :smiley:
    And congrats for completing that first aspiration.

Day 19: Ayy, there's my boy again :D
    Cute that she's crushing on Hugo!
    And cool to see all of the other challenge sims too :smiley:

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 18/19: Ooh, learning the violin? Don't worry Lucy, you'll get better with practice!
    And using taking out the trash as a metaphor for her working on herself and her beliefs, etc. was absolutely perfect!
    Sorry for triple post :D

@SoulGal7
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @afai1261 -
    Cool place that Hunter will be moving with his uncle. Is that the larger rental in Wakaba? Vampires in the neighborhood! Better start growing some garlic now. Cool that a Rock Climbing Gym was built in Mt. Komorebi, and Aaron sure looks great on the wall. Nice shot of Hunter and Robin in perfect harmony yoga poses. And yep, Aaron most definitely has sprouted some muscles! You are going to make it Aaron. And nice gift from Father Winter! Cool!
    I used the lot that the rental was on (the 30x20) for the group of male challenge contestants (so they are all Aaron's neighbours too - the girls live in Senbamachi), with a house I downloaded from the gallery. Hunter and his uncle's place is the other 20x15 in Wakaba (Aaron's being a 20x15), also a house I downloaded from the gallery :)
    Aaron's muscles surprised me so much. He's even bigger now and it's kinda scary :joy:
    January 20

0fetdF2.png
    Robin needed another grocery delivery, but Dylan didn't look thrilled about it this time. @SoulGal7
    Z1AhsMB.png

Pepper, I don't think there's anything in there for you...
    ZplcVma.png

Decided to let her research rock climbing on the computer at the Onsen today, just to shake things up a bit.
    Xs5tLE6.png

It was a good chance to look around for some challenge sims. Aldo and Kenzie were enjoying the hot tub together (@Llandros2012 and @KateLynne - hope you guys are doing okay <3)
    R4kC80r.png

Not too many sightings, but I decided to pop into BB mode and place a gym too. It won't be quite as useful as all your gyms, since I don't have the pack with the rock wall, but at least it will given Robin something different to do around here. And then I found a lot of your sims :)

Kenzie seems to have followed her to the gym. She was trying to focus on her workout, but DJ was feeling chatty. Lucy is in the background there too! @miss_eulenauge @LegacySims2017
    R7lTMuX.png

Aldo popped over here too and took a liking to boxing.
    uaCfOZg.png

Dylan decided he wanted to be ripped in my game too.
    sdTHYAO.png

Aimi was there too, and Robin shared some photos of some rock climbing gear she wanted to purchase. Aimi promised her she'd take her on a mountain excursion once she practiced climbing more, and Robin was very much looking forward to it.
    BTmnCCb.png

Robin ran on the treadmill for a bit after that (daily pic), before chatting with Aimi again, who clearly had an idea ;)
    8ggODOT.png

WXXU0BS.png
    rEBEXPg.png
    XgzowEK.png

And that's where I'll leave this update, didn’t take any more screenshots but Robin went home after that :)
    @afai1261
    So nice to see Aaron smiling more these days. He looks so happy in your daily post pic. :) Amazing how buffed up our Sims get from all the wintersports eh? And of course working out. Very cool about Hunter getting a dog. Curious to find out what kind it is too Aaron. Cale will be sticking to skiing after the mountain excursion. He hasn't even tried snowboarding yet and probably won't. Congrats for the first masterpiece! That particular painting is one of my favorites. Did you know it's modeled after Lyndsay Pearson, the Sims Executive Producer?

Hilarious about the soccer ball and the boots! :D Weird the game thinks it's Aaron's ball now. I've tried having my Sims take those laptops townies leave on picnic tables and elsewhere, but the game never would let them keep it. Always said, "Your Sim does not own this." Love that fridge he got, it's one of my favorites. I can see how it would be tempting to sell it, very expensive. But money will be no object for Aaron now since he's painting. ;)

Ouch! Uh, yeah, looks like in reality his foot would've been severed by that ski. o.O Whoa! And there's the handsome Morgyn, Hunter's uncle. Very awkward for everyone involved. And yes that was a very dramatic description of his reaction to Morgyn blurting out they'd already met when meeting him at the house. He looks more P.O'ed than wanting to hide though. :D Gotta love hot head Sims!

Yes! I'm so glad! Hopefully more will show up too now that I've put them in houses in Mt. Komerebi instead of just wandering around not-in-world. *snicker* Oh yeah, Vlad was thrilled! I loved Robin's big smile when Cale first flirted with her, she's so cute! Oh man, I can't imagine Aaron really doing that, but if you do make him do that, please post a screenshot! I'd love to see it! :D

Cale hasn't been able to talk to anyone about what happened and I imagine it's been festering inside him. Despite freaking out and getting scared about telling Joel, he had to have trusted him deep inside to spill everything to him to begin with. It was needed to help Cale start to deal with it in a more constructive way instead of always getting so angry and toxic himself all the time. It'll be slow going though. He won't suddenly be all sunshine and rainbows now. That wouldn't be realistic.

Thank you, I'm sorry it made you cringe, but glad to hear not in a bad way. So sweet of you to say it was from good writing. I tried. Sometimes I feel I go too far, and I tried to rein it in a bit, could've been a lot more descriptive. I love descriptive writing, but then this update would've been even longer and it was too long in my opinion as it is. :# Oh well, sometimes you just need to go with the flow. :) I'm glad I picked Joel to be his mentor, best friend, someone to look up to. Josh and Jon have always looked up to Joel, so it just made sense. And honestly, this way I get to see more of some of my most beloved Sims too. <3

I apologize for writing so much to you in this comment. As I've said before, please don't feel obligated to do the same in kind. I just can't seem to stop myself when things pop in my head from the comments of others. :)

@permanentrose
    hehe Uh yeah, Dylan looks anything but thrilled with the idea of being a lowly delivery boy. :D Pepper is such a curious dog eh? So cute! Wish I could've figured out how to get him in my game without just being all black. *sigh* Oh good idea about researching rock climbing. I forgot about that! Another good way to increase their skill. Gah! So many challenge Sims showing up for you! I have to send Cale back to the Gym now and the Park to see if any show up. And of course Aimi was there. Shower woo hoo! One of Josh and Essa's favorite's. ;) Enjoy you two! ;)

@SoulGal7
    I've been meaning to ask you this ever since I saw them, but where did you find those leather fingerless gloves for Dylan? I've wanted those forever! I didn't think we had them in the game. I know they're not CC since you play a vanilla game. Maybe they came with a pack I don't own. I have several Sims that would definitely wear them. Are they in gloves? I've looked in there and can't find them. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
    edited January 2022
    @LegacySims2017 - Gah! How did I miss you? Sorry about that!
    So glad you got everything up and running and didn't lose anything in the process! Enjoy your new computer! I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I got my current gaming desktop a couple years ago. I've never played the Sims on one with the proper specs, so it was a big moment for me. I sat here with my jaw perched on my keyboard just in awe of how the game looked. It's a great feeling! <3

Thank you and yes, perhaps Cale's step-Dad will show up in a future post, we'll see... There will be days he still could fish if it's not bitter cold. But yes, a greenhouse is a great alternative for income in the Winter. :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Karababy52 - re the gloves. I believe they are basegame. Perhaps they are unlocked due to a career. Not sure. Under accessories, gloves, and I added the leather bracelets on each arm. Anyway, here they are:

i-believe-they-are-basegame-gloves-and-I-added-the-bracelets-on-both-arms.png
    Day 12 Snowboarding
    Today after work and school, Savannah traveled to the Onsen Bathhouse to attempt to go snowboarding since yesterday Kioshi interrupted her. She took the Gondola up the mountain, when she got to the top of the mountain she had to make a decision which slope would be better for her to try. Savannah chose the easy slope since she has no experience on snowboarding. Since Savannah didn't have a snowboard of her own, she had to rent a janky snowboard. The thought of having a janky wore out snowboard made Savannah a little concern, but that didn't stop her from going down the slope and attempt to do a jump.
    2s8g8HI.pngSavannah set herself up at the top of the slope. Once she was ready to go she started to snowboard down the slope, just to try it out she did one jump and surprisingly she was capable of landing it. oQEXdRB.pngSavannah enjoyed snowboarding more than she thought was going to, definitely doing that again once she get her own board.
    Before heading home, Savannah made a snowpal since she has no snow back at home since its Spring. THzXE1N.png Lastly she stopped for food at the food stand, since it was night on the town the food was free. Savannah decide to order Beef Yakisoba, she really enjoyed it! vLyBtUX.png Savannah headed home for the night to get ready for a new day tomorrow.

Table of Contents

I was going to post this last night. After I finished typing I realized that i didn't put the spoiler code in, so I selected the entire thing and click the wrong button and then accidently delete the entire update. I was annoyed so I just got off lol
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 20th: What a day!

Rnf1IN3.png
    After tending to my bees and garden, I sat down with the rock climbing manual and studied it until I reached a whole new level of understanding in this skill. Eager to put my knowledge to the test I headed to the cliffs outside of town ready to conquer them once more... and immediately I fell flat on my back, oof.
    r2zqMVX.png
    But I got back up and made it to the top and back down a couple times. Unfortunately I feel this is the least efficient way to learn this skill for some reason, so I returned to the park and lead a class to fill up my nearly empty pockets. Feeling a bit stinky, I took a shower at the gym and practiced a little more on the climbing wall. I still needed something to make my home feel more welcoming so I headed out back to try my luck with the dumpsters.
    upw4oOo.png
    After a little scrounging I came up with a painting, a tiny old TV, an electronic part, and 9 simoleans. Well at least the painting will look good in my house, but I don't really have room for the television at the moment. On my way back through the gym I ran into Kaori and remembered I had invited her over to see my place! Whoops, I totally forgot, so I asked if she still wanted to come over and she said she'd love to. We walked over chatting and enjoying the night. I apologized that she couldn't really see the house to well in the dark, but I invited her inside to see that anyways. She was very supportive and even told me she was a little jealous of my freedom and wished she had her own little place.
    3VcXhLs.png
    I invited her to spend the night as it was getting fairly late. I gave her a goodnight kiss but as we were walking to the tent she leaned over with a glint in her eye and told me she had other plans for us.
    1QF836e.png
    KlhHse9.png
    And oh boy did she ever!
    1ytbYp9.png
    Day 13 Saturday already?
    Savannah woke up as if she had work and school, apparently its Saturday! First she tended her garden, ate some cereal, and ran to the restroom before starting her unplanned day. After finishing her morning routine, she went to the lounge and practice some piano. 1wSQ2ga.png She made enough simoleons to do an addon to her little home, add some lighting, a table and a rack of books that sit on it. QNUaT0t.png
    After buying the rack of books she was able to get a replacement for her homework. As she was starting to get some homework done Kioshi knocks on the door.
    oZXcAKX.png
    Kioshi and Savannah hanged out for a bit. They had some flirting going on and talking about the possibility becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. The idea is still up in the air, Savannah would like to finish that conversation but Kioshi had planned to go for a jog. Bvr1a8W.png
    After Kioshi left, Savannah went up the mountain to practice some rock climbing. Savannah really enjoys rock climbing, she climbs carefully and falls a few times but she always gets to the top. 6mpeQp3.png
    Before heading home for the night she stopped at the Onsen Bathhouse to take a shower and to use the restroom, since her house still lacks that but she feels like she's getting somewhere in life now.. slowly.

Table of Contents
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm running late with my post again.been trying to get work done all day xD
    I'm glad so many are getting to show up in game. Now to get to know them all xD
    Day 14 A day of randomness
    Savannah literally had nothing plan for today. She just took the day as it went. Savannah and Kioshi met at the park for some alone time, they were really cute together. They sat on the bench together, Savannah hinted that she has a huge crush on him.bMHqe3I.png She's hoping she will eventually be his girlfriend, she just making sure she doesn't move to fast and mess it all up. WaazSoI.png After a couple hours, they went and did their separate things; he went jogging and Savannah went fishing. She caught a minnow and a salmon which she end up selling for simoleons.gMeoklE.png After sometime fishing, Savannah went home to do some more construction bYzV02R.png then off to bed.

Table of Contents

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top