Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    So I’m going to try post 2 days tops every other day. Every other day works for me because of my daily life, I get home from work and I don’t feel like doing anything. Lol
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    January 18

TDZMHq4.jpg?1
    Coming home from school and squawking like a dolphin is always fun.
    wqdxC5H.png

And then off to build her rock climbing skill.
    dFf5YMS.png

Oh yes, I almost forgot I put her into scouts :)
    ir1Kvm8.jpg

And then more climbing...
    1k1EpZk.jpg

And some challenge sim appearances while she climbed and climbed and climbed :) (At least she's up to a level 5 now - she's getting there!)

Dylan was chatting with Nanami @SoulGal7
    THHYI1n.png

Selena was out for jog. @lilypadmeulin
    wS0oYa8.png

Aaron was...well, just being Aaron :D@afai1261
    Fn6L2qg.png

This update covers a few days, and Love Day was one of them. Robin asked Aimi out on a date, but Jenna and Bob kept trying to crash it...
    p8EkLYK.jpg

And then some fishing. This spot really seems to attract the vampires haha.
    U3Vs8J3.jpg

And Damon was out for a late night walk with his pup, Daisy.
    U1UtAVR.jpg

---
    Honestly, not much of an eventful update as far as commentary/story goes, but I played through a few sim days and did make some progress with Robin's skills and money :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    @afai1261 -
    Your comment to Karababy52 on you thinking you are going too slow in the romance department. Last year, the sim I did this challenge with Sakura Li, had a love triangle going on with Kiyoshi Ito and Wolfgang Munch, and was the last one to woohoo (she didn't even mess around as a teen). Finally, after almost 6 months (it was the end of May), did she finally woohoo with Wolfgang, after she broke it off with Kiyoshi (because he had cheated on her & wanted to be with someone else), and Wolfgang finally, finally (!), after being in love with her since they were teens, finally professed his love to her. Wolfgang was the one she was destined to be with all along. So, yeah, don't think you are going too slow at romance, just do whatever you think works for your story. :) I do love Hunter and Aaron together though :)

@RememberJoy -
    Thanks so much for the answer on the yoga mats. I may try that aspiration in another world. Too much to do in this one! lol
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    January 17th Comments:

@afai1261
    I think Hunter enjoys Aaron's company more during the night. :wink:
    Gotta love those silly gnomes.

@permanentrose
    Dylan does need to be in disguise, so a grocery delivery person fits him good. :lol: Was Robin outside in the rain when Pepper was out there taking a nap? Maybe she just wanted to be near her.
    D.J. became Emotionally Mindful after getting "bugged". Luckily he had that repellent so he didn't get a negative moodlet from it. He did get a positive one for being prepared. I was really happy to finally see a Challenge Sim in the gameplay wandering around. Hopefully that is just the start of many. D.J. used the outhouse right away afterwards. I guess he had to check it out. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Oh, I thought Cale went on a mountain excursion. Guess I need to reread that. Guessing now he was just trying more experienced climbing.
    Love the greenhouse look. Did Cale ever think he would become a green thumb? :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Aww, that was a nice date with Dylan and Kaori. Nice little item to "borrow" to remember their date by.
    Kind of bummed D.J.'s only experienced the Forest Spirits only once. And yeah, can't have D.J. wiping his tooshie with frozen leaves. Gotta have the toilet paper. :grimace:

@RememberJoy
    I was laughing at those sledding shots when Adam and Kaori were just going to take it easy after his injury. Good to see these three are becoming best buds with each other.

@miss_eulenauge
    Aww, I love that daily image. Caption for it is perfect, too. It goes both ways.

@Shadami
    Ha, ha :joy: All the girls scared Dylan off!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7
    Good job Dylan letting the Principal know, bummer about the mood swing. Good idea going for a meditative walk and completing the aspiration! Congratulations Dylan (and you)! :) Very nice restaurant, they look so cute in their kimonos. Congrats too for getting Gold on the date and a successful swipe too!

Yep, Cale's a gorilla. hehe Thanks! I love that one too. :) If I ranked them by fastest to slowest (for Cale anyway) it would go; skill books, climbing real rock walls and the climbing machine last. Oh yeah, he bought the equipment before his first climb. Hey! I wonder if it would make difference wearing that on the climbing machines. Hmmm, have to check that out. :) Cale saved up those funds too until he reached a little over 10K. That's been the goal amount to reach for doing any remodeling/building for him.

Spur of the moment thing with Joel. I wanted Cale to possibly climb with a challenge Sim, but he hasn't met any yet, they never show up. :( Ah well, Joel, his brothers and Essa will all be good role models for him. Still, I hope he meets some of them soon, bums me out he hasn't yet.

@LegacySims2017
    Congrats to DJ for finally getting his little bathroom! Nice that he met Selena on his walk. Very cool too he was blessed with 50 simoleans from the forest spirits!

Polar Bear swim! Poor DJ looks so miserable. hehe Did he turn blue when he got out? Nice of Enele to gift him those skis. Yay! Good job DJ nailing that slope! Ah, helmets for climbing the real walls too. Smart! Great job on the rock walls DJ. Very cool he was invited to dinner afterward.

Nope, Cale hasn't been on the excursion yet, just been climbing a lot to increase his skill. :) Cale had no choice with the green thumb, all my Sims have gardens. hehe And thanks about the greenhouse. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Aww, Laika looks so cute sleeping on her back like that next to Lucy.

@permanentrose
    Oh yeah, he's turning into a beast! hehe Yep, he's planted more and has four Orchids now. Cale's doing quite well financially now. The garden is very profitable, but a lot of that income was from all the sturgeon he catches. It's Winter now, so probably won't be fishing much. It was yet another spur of the moment idea when I saw Joel walking around near the lifts. Love how pretty the sky is in SE, even during a snowstorm. :) Ah, the No Random mod. I should get that. Ohhh, a gift, okay. I thought it was the actual spirit. Makes me feel better reading that. :)

Aww, cute daily post pic with Pepper and Robin dancing. I love that animation. Speaking of fun animations, the mermaid imitating dolphins animations always crack me up. hehe Climbing and Scouts, busy lady! She's getting there! Hi Dylan, Selena and Aaron! Pfft, sheesh, classic townies barging in on our Sims private moments. SO glad I got a mod to stop that! hehe Yep, almost everyone that goes fishing there with Cale are vampires too! Aww, love Damon and Essa's cute pup Daisy. Adorable! I thought it was a great update, no worries! :)

@afai1261
    Aww, Aaron, you should know by now Hunter feels the same way you do. Don't worry, he's not going to judge you or anything, of course. He's a teen though, so I know they worry about everything, so I get it. And yes, you're going too slow, just kiss the boy already! hehe Just teasing, I know you have plans. ;)

Love the image of Aaron running and smiling in the snow. Great job on that drawing, Wow! So sweet Hunter comes over now every day. Those gnomes look so cute in front of his shack. hehe Great roofing job, such a cute little shack! Love how they managed to have a great Winterfest without a Grand meal or anything.

Yep, just the first of many, many girlfriends for Cale. hehe Hot head trait is so interesting eh? Frustrating, but interesting. :) Cale speaks before thinking a lot. He was trying to be inappropriately funny, hoping she'd laugh, but she immediately put him in his place. Eh, no, you're not, it's cool. Cale just works fast. hehe Plus Morrigan was flirting just as fast and furious as he was, so he just went for it! I love the seduce animation, it's so ridiculous it makes me laugh!

Thank you about my Daily post pic, I absolutely LOVE it myself! My new favorite for this month so far. He was VERY confident and happy with himself on the walls that day. Made me smile seeing him smile. He's smiling a lot more these days. :) HAHA! I couldn't resist throwing that in after reading what I'd wrote beforehand. Teen guys are so hormonal, I figured he might take that the wrong way. hehe

@Shadami
    Aww, sweet of Velma to sing for the children. Nice she made simoleans in the bargain too. That ice cream looks so good! Nice she tried to get to know Dylan. hehe Typical teen guy running off when faced with a bunch of girls. Hi Lucy and Savannah! Oh, then she meets Kenzie as well. So nice she's making some new friends with similar lifestyles.
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan16.jpg
    January 16: It's the Hard-Knock Life!
    Back to school and back to work for D.J. Because he was having so much fun over the weekend, he neglected his homework, so he decided to do it before classes.

dj-01-103.jpg

After school, D.J. saw he had mail waiting for him. Now that he has an outhouse that requires power to control the toilet and lights, he has to pay for that. He also has to pay for the Lot he is living on now. D.J only had 266 simoleons and his taxes cost him 118. He was able to sell a box of school stuff for an extra 100 simoleons. He was left with 148 simoleons after all his taxes. Now he felt even more broke. Enele told him climbing gear is going to cost him a little under 500 simoleons, so he really needs to save up for that.

D.J. was ashamed, but he went to the Lounge and asked for the free chips they offered. The Mixologist behind the bar was one of the elders he went ice swimming with yesterday. They were sympathetic with D.J. and wasn't upset with the handouts. He knew D.J. had an after school job. Plus, he was excited D.J. was going to attempt to climb Mt. Komorebi.

dj-01-104.jpg
    dj-01-105.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan17.jpg
    January 17: All Work and No Play!
    D.J. woke up to having to use the facilities in his outhouse. Leaving his tent, he found everything that was green now to be white. It had snowed overnight. Seeing green grass and other colors besides white was nice, but D.J. felt Mt. Komorebi looked more beautiful covered in fluffy snow. Perhaps it was because of the mountain to the north where it was always covered in white.

dj-01-106.jpg

Before going to school, D.J. made his way to the Lounge for his breakfast chips that were free. He knew this couldn't be healthy but was also thankful that the school provided free lunch that was more than just chips. D.J. needed to do what he needed to do to save up simoleons now. Enele expressed that he had to have some type of climbing gear if he was to join Enele and his family on the mountain excursion on Sunday. D.J. was hoping by the end of the week, he'd have enough simoleons from his retail job.

dj-01-107.jpg

When D.J arrived back to his tent from school, the snow was coming down much harder. Now it was a blizzard. Instead of hanging out at the mountain top or socializing at the Lounge, D.J. made his way to the Mt. Komorebi Gym. There was indoor heating there.

D.J. thought he was prepared enough to do the mountain climb with Enele and family, but it was good to keep practicing. It's better to be safe than sorry. One can never have enough practice.

dj-01-108.jpg

D.J. arrived home from work tense. Not his best day. But he made enough simoleons to pay for the climbing gear. Now he can start earning money for food again.

dj-01-109.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2022
    Day 4 Typical day
    Its 11pm, Savannah woke up went to the lounge grabbed some food and practice some piano for extra simoleons. For food, she splurged a little and got some fish and chips. She was too tense to even try to practice piano, she saw people chatting on the other side of the lounge. She decided to join them, of course NOBODY her age!gMXqaOE.png It was getting late so people were starting to leave, Savannah still had extra time left before going to work so she went outside in the cold and stargazed. aXkaEP1.png After stargazing for some time. Savannah got inspired! Perfect time to go play the piano and gain some tips before work. gLRCWKC.png
    Savannah had a good day at work, she earned 82 simoleons! School, no so much of it being a good day. While Savannnah was at school, she went to the restroom and found money. Instead of turning the money in, Savannah decided to keep it. Evidently someone reported the missing money, so the principal decide to do a locker check. During the locker check, the money was found in Savannah's locker. After school, dramatic teenage Savannah, becomes very tense due to school and her mood swing. CyEsjdc.png Savannah makes her to the Onsen Bathhouse to take a shower. After her shower, she really wasn't in the mood to deal with the vending machine. So Savannah went down to the lounge and she ordered some food. While she was eating she also talked to Mr. Nishidake who was tending the bar. After eating some fries and a nice chat with Mr. Nishidake, Savannah went to her tent to get some rest tomorrow. Poor savannah still didn't get her fun up.

Table of Contents
    Day 5 TGIF!
    Good morning! it's 3 A.M. and Savannah is ready to start her day! She doesn't care it's Friday, she needs to get her fun up still. It been a terrible week, she's just ready for the weekend!
    After Savannah woke up she decided to change her morning up a little bit. She finally realize there's a food stand within walking distance from her tent. She walked over only to find out they not open at 3 A.M, No surprise there! Instead of finding food to eat, she decided to use the remainder of her time before work to stargaze.
    After stargazing, it was finally time for work. She had a good morning at work earning another 82 simoleons, which brought her funds up to $172. Savannah got a brilliant idea of what to do with those simoleons! She decided to buy a cooler so she has food her on property and doesn't need to continuously seek it. After buying the cooler, Savannah had a bowl of cereal before going to school.
    When Savannah was done with her bowl of cereal she went to school, since it was Friday and she needs to get her fun up, she chose to slack off for the day. Which actually helped her with always being tense. She still thought school was boring.
    After school, Savannah went to the lounge and started to play the piano for some tips and to work on her piano skills. 16 simoleons later, Savannah started to get hungry. Savannah switched up her food options tonight, she went to the food stand and ordered herself a Tri Color Dango. MMM! Those were so delicious and it felt great to not have to deal with the vending machine for once! That Tri Color Dango definitely hit the spot! hDqkKUo.png
    Before heading back to the tent Savannah went to the Onsen Bathhouse to take a nice hot shower and to use the restroom. On her way back to her tent she was thinking about what to do tomorrow since its the weekend, no school and no work. Savannah possibly might go exploring the hiking trails and practice some piano.kQAb3TE.png

Table of Contents
    @Karababy52 - Meeting the Challenge Sims - Have you placed them in a house? I find that when they are in the same world in a house, they tend to show up more. And when Dylan goes to school, I choose make friends, and they normally pop up that way, too. Anyway, just a thought. :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 18th: A day at the gym

i3xzDN6.png
    I started the day by tending to my little garden and harvesting the honey from my beehive.
    bb1mdoD.png
    When I arrived at the gym I set up my table to try and sell some of my gatherings. I was fairly successful but I feel that I keep seeing multiples of this same sim everywhere I go and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm being watched.
    UwUf05A.png
    Creeped out and a little melancholy from the gloomy weather, I packed up and headed inside. I wasn't up to an outdoor class today so I figured I just set up in the middle of the gym and see who showed up.
    i3xzDN6.png
    I only ended up with two students but the session cheered me up and got me into an energized mood, so I returned to the climbing wall for another work out.
    svFW2JG.png
    Afterwards I saw Kaori working out and went and chatted with her for a few minutes, she handed me a rock climbing manual and told me it would come in handy.
    FoHI5RK.png
    She also told me that if I wanted to climb Mt Komorebi that I would want to purchase some climbing equipment, so I found a computer in the lobby and spent a good chunk of my savings doing so. (I also had the strangest feeling I was being watched even though nobody was around that I could see).
    CvOkVOv.png
    I was feeling fairly hungry so I decided to see if there was anything interesting in the dumpsters out back and luck! I found a pineapple and a slice of taco casserole! It was in questionable condition, but hey, food is food. By now I was fatigued from my workout, exhausted, and my stomach was making some interesting noises so I figured I'd call it a night. Oh, and I tried picking up another simmi from the vending machine and that went about as well as can be expected.
    aH7t7YG.png
    Ouch! But for some good news, I was able to sell one of my golden simmis on Plopsy for over 1000 simoleans!
    More comments:

@Karababy52 -
    Really nice house that you built. I love the outside siding of it. The greenhouse portion is HUGE! Didn't realize that Cale had that many plants! That's fantastic! It really looks nice. Love the walk in shower...nice idea, and his bedroom is very nice. Just a lovely nice house overall. Oh gosh...don't you just love those townies walking right into the house? And she complained about his tv? hehehe

@Shadami -
    That shower shot of Dylan...he looks like he got hit a freeze ray and is trying to shower the ice off. lol Nice that Velma sang at the Festival of Youth, and then headed to the Onsen...with Dylan! Look at that poor guy in the shower! His Watcher probably had him working on skills...poor guy. And then he goes into the onsen with a bunch of girls...and decides he's had enough "girl" talk for one night and leaves. Oh Dylan...lol But Velma also meets Lucy and Savannah. Nice! And Kenzie in the lounge playing piano. So happy for Velma that she is making friends. :)

@miss_eulenauge -
    Nice show of Lucy and Laika sleeping, and she's indoors, so that is a good thing :)

@RememberJoy -
    haha comments on being watched. Yep, all the sims are being watched and controlled! hehehe I just love that Adam is doing some different things to get some simoleons. I haven't tried selling a simmi on plopsy...is the markup better than on the selling table at 300%? I want to complete the simmi collection, but hate losing simoleons in the vending machine. Grr...

@afai1261 -
    Jan 18 - Aaron is doing so well in painting, and love the gift he gave to Hunter. And Hunter is coming over every night! Geez! Forget about moving in the neighborhood...just move in together! :) Did Father Winter show up for Winterfest? Because he can give some great gifts! lol With those new like/dislike things, I never choose anything in CAS for them, but when a pop-up comes up, I normally choose Yes and they get likes/dislikes that way. Although I have no idea how this happened, but for some reason Dylan does not like the color yellow. I never had a pop-up about that either. Kind of interesting.

@LegacySims2017 -
    Jan 17 - What a cold looking pic that is of DJ having to use the facilities. Jan 16 - I would suggest that DJ live off-the-grid until he has some more simoleons. The toilet he has in his outhouse is off-the-grid. and if he has an overhead light, just change that for some candles. It will work better for the power. Water can be collected from snow and the river. Glad he made some simoleons for the rock climbing equipment. Jan 15 - Nice shot of DJ skiing. And that was rather unique, the Polar Bear Plunge...brrr.... thank goodness for the onsen! Nice of Enele to come and help DJ with skiing and rock climbing. DJ is getting really good in both. So nice that DJ has a family that he can go and visit and have dinner with. That's always a nice touch.

@permanentrose -
    Jan 18 - Robin looks so great in her Scout uniform and is working so hard on her rock climbing. And she meets Dylan...gee that sim gets around! lol He looks really great in that kimono color. And of course he was chatting with Nanami, they are both kleptos! lol And Selena and Aaron are out and about, too. Oh gee...sorry Robin and Aimi's date didn't go as planned with Bob and Jenna trying to crash it. I was so lucky with Dylan and Kaori that they were seated at a private table for their date. Oh and to answer a question you had in another post, yes, I am doing the Serial Romantic Aspiration with Dylan, and he is starting early. lol Poor Robin having to fish again. lol And cute daily shot dancing with Pepper.

@Carebear92 -
    Great work on getting some simoleons and also practicing the piano in the lounge. I find that very rarely that there are any teens in the lounge. Just a note on the cooler...Savannah can carry that in personal inventory and that will save simoleons on food as well. She can just take it out wherever she is and have some food, and then put it back when she is done.
    edited January 2022
    Jan 15 - Ski Bros

SUNSET-IN-THE-MOUNTAINS.png
    I came home after Drama Club and was not happy. The school day had been stressful and I just didn't feel like listening to anyone. I was glad that I was meeting Kiyoshi and Aaron at the mountain for some skiing.

still-moody-oh-gosh.png

DYLAN-REBELLIOUS-SAGE.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HE-AND-AARON-AND-KIYOSHI-WERE-GOING-TO-DO-SOME-SKIING-TOGETHER.png

We got there and decided to take the gondola up to the top. The sun was just setting and the whole mountain was painted in shades or red and orange. Just the sight of that made me feel better.

I was the first to go down.

SKIING-FROM-THE-TOP-DYLAN.png

COMING-DOWN-THE-MOUNTAIN.png

And the first lift...

ON-THE-CUSP.png

LIFT-OFF.png

...and I stayed up and landed on both skis...

AND-HE-KEEPS-STANDING.png

I was nearing the bottom and did the second jump, and was a bit wobbly on the landing, but held it.

OH-WOW-I-DID-IT.png

STOP-STOP.png

I made it down in one piece and did a nice stop with my skis. I had aced that run!

certified-rpper-from-having-perfect-ski-run-dylan.png

AARON-COMES-DOWN-GRAT-TOO.png

Next down was Aaron @afai1261 and he was looking good, too!

YEAH-aaron-YOU-DID-IT.png

And Aaron did a terrific stop. Way to go Aaron!

KIYOSHI-WIPEOUT.png

And then it was Kiyoshi's turn, and he does a wipe-out! We did a few more runs after that, and then Kiyoshi and Aaron headed home.

[I actually laughed when I saw this happen. Here Aaron and Dylan barely have any ski skill and make it down fine, and then Kiyoshi fails! hehehe I guess Kiyoshi is better on a snowboard, and really doesn't have any skiing skill either.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

DYLAN-HAD-SPIED-ANOTHER-ROCK-WALL.png

After Aaron and Kiyoshi had left, I headed up to the top of the mountain again. I had spied another, taller, rock climbing wall. This must be the medium rock climbing wall that Kado had mentioned. This wall was the start of the mountain excursion. Even though I hadn't purchased rock climbing equipment as yet, I wanted to see if I could climb the wall. I was feeling pretty confident after my great ski run, so I thought I would give it a go.

ATTEMPTING-THE-MEDIUM-WALL.png

climb-without-climbing-equip.png

this-time-he-makes-it-to-the-top.png

COMING-UP.png

Nearly there...

i-made-it-i-can-do-this.png

...and I made it! That felt good.

so-this-is-where-it-started.png

I went to the little trail marker and looked at it.

Dylan thinking, "Soon...soon I'll be able to do the mountain excursion..."

The weather had changed while I was rock climbing, and my needs were pretty much in the red. On the way down, I slipped and nearly fell, but caught myself in time, but now I might have a muscle sprain.

finally-got-injured-rock-climbing.png

dylan-peed-himself.png

[Oops! Poor Dylan had to go pee and he didn't make it down the gondola in time. He just hates me right now, but, hey, he got that check mark on his aspiration! Woot!]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once I got home, I showered, ate and changed. I drank some energy juice and thought I would try out my new basketball net and do a few dunks.

DYLAN-BOUGHT-A-BASKETBALL-NET.png

did-some-dunks.png

I was feeling pretty good and in fact I was "on fire:" and made three baskets in a row! Yes!

on-fire-making-3-in-a-row.png

dylan-completes-the-bodybuilder-asp.png

dylan-completes-aspiration.png

he-felt-pretty-good-about-himself-after-that.png

And Dylan maxes the Fitness Skill and completes the Bodybuilder Aspiration! Congrats Dylan! Look at how proud Dylan looks...and oh my plumbobs...those muscles!

[Note: TIP: The best way to max the fitness skill, and I mean gain it in a few hours, is to buy a basketball net and choose "Dream Big" over and over again. This is the fastest way to gain fitness skill in all the fitness equipment. Dylan was already fitness level 7 when he started, and it just went up so fast.]
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 18: "There are many benefits to having good friends, but friends with benefits is much more fun..."

61iZoOy.png

Notes
    L1bOQd5.png
    The next morning Cale took care of his garden and some other needs and then fixed himself some dinner. He read the third rock climbing skill book until he reached Level 7, finally. After that, he headed back to the gym in Newcrest. Tonight he wanted to try wearing his climbing equipment to see if it would help increase his skill on the climbing machine. Plus, who knows, maybe he'd meet another cutie there too!

lttlKSe.png
    By the time Cale arrived it was around 9:45 p.m. I should've known the gym would be filled with vampires again. But he was mostly just here to climb anyway. Hi Malcom!

AnOBkgi.png
    Jules was there too. Last time she was the Yoga Instructor. I thought maybe she was just taking a break, but then I saw...

4RXC8Pp.png
    My version of Vlad doing the honors tonight. He's not too happy about it either.

fZASiEh.png
    Cale wasn't having any better luck wearing the climbing equipment. He was also inspired, but as soon as he started climbing, it changed to focused. So, couldn't test that theory. He climbed six times on the overhang medium challenge. When he was finished, his skill had only increased by 2 percent! Only TWO! Sheesh! Anyway, I figured, again, as long as he's here, might as well workout on the punching bag. While he was making his way up the stairs, I took a look around to see who else might be there.

Is this an occult gym or something? Every single one of the Sims you see are either a vampire or a mermaid. I recognized everyone except for one Sim. Who is that over there talking to Kalamainu’u Iona? Well I'm sure you already know from the daily post pic.

Fx4ieqW.png
    It's Robin Keyes, @permanentrose's teen! Hi Robin! Quick Cale, run up there and go meet her before she gets away! She's the first challenge Sim I've seen in my save. Yay!

u3K0JVr.png
    I added Robin in a group with Cale and had them walk over there so I could take better screenshots. It's tough over by the windows. Well, it's not much better here. For one thing, I didn't realize it was so bright in this spot. I tried fixing it, but because Kalama has such a light skintone, it didn't work very good. Ah well. I guess she tagged along since Robin was already chatting with her. Go away dear, leave these two kids alone! hehe

7M7r03F.png
    Cale ignored her and she wasn't very happy about that. Oh well, Robin and Cale were getting along great though, chatting, telling jokes and laughing, getting to know each other, etc.

2RfKVj3.png
    Cale gave Robin props too. I don't know why, but I just love this animation. :)

o9ZMBhg.png
    Ohhh Cale, getting a little flirty eh? Look at that smile, she's so cute. I think she likes him.

3TJg02s.png
    "You really think I'm cute?"
    "Yes, you're adorable. I love your smile."

NpQAJwm.png
    Meanwhile Kalama was trying to get some attention for herself. However, Cale and Robin only had eyes for each other.

CwzI7ZB.png
    hehe Poor lady is getting a bit P.O'ed, maybe she'll leave. Cale and Robin just kept staring at each other, now and then looking at Kalama briefly. Finally the mermaid got the hint and left.

7fax2TQ.png
    Robin immediately started to flirt with Cale.

HoHBTsY.png
    Cale wastes no time letting Robin know exactly what he wants to do and blows her a kiss. They're both very flirty by this point.

9FZX4z0.png
    But, they also just keep chatting and getting to know each other too.

2b7yBv2.png
    "Oh this is the best night! I'm so glad I came here with my Mom."
    "Me too!"

1AkCO3N.png
    "Why do you like a skinny thing like me anyway. Lots of girls have pretty smiles."
    "You're more than just a very cute smile, you're smart, funny, sweet, love to workout, obviously, among other things I like, talking with you makes me so happy, I just, want, I want to...

1MWgFR6.png
    "Kiss you..."

r2kUDNn.png
    "Was that okay? I couldn't help myself. I won't say I'm sorry, because I'm not."
    "Oh yeah, more than okay, don't be sorry. I'm not. Wow Cale..."
    "Oh good, then maybe you won't mind if I do..."

tBX7CeI.png
    "...this!"
    "hehe Your mustache tickles!"
    "Want me to stop?"
    "Nope, I love it, just sayin'..."

uURfQwY.png
    "There's more where that came from, if you're up for it...I am."
    "Is that right? Ooo, nice moves!"

Notice the thumbs up!? hehe This animation is so silly, how can anyone keep from laughing in their face when they do that? I always do!

TwAcql7.png
    "I'm so glad I met you, I hope we can see each other again. Call me?"
    "You have to go, aww man."
    "Yeah, I probably should, school tomorrow and stuff."
    "Sneak out, come home with me, I'll make it worth your while. Please?" Cale whispered, kissing her neck again.
    "I don't know if I should, we just met."
    "Come on, live a little."
    "Bye for now Cale."
    "See ya soon..."

biEdl3J.png
    The next morning since Cale never did get to workout, he got up early, took care of his garden, had some breakfast and then had a go at the punching bag. He was feeling very good after meeting Robin last night.

TYiFDb3.png
    Let's see if you can get to Level 9 Cale before you go to meet up with Joel later.
    (I'll try, still a bit tired though. I didn't get much sleep.)
    Oh, I know, it's cool. Just do the best you can.
    (I always do!)

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day/night! <3
    edited January 2022
    Made it halfway through comments but I'm about to fall asleep at my keyboard so I'll finish up tomorrow. So exciting to see Robin (and Jules!!) in your update, @Karababy52 :)
    @LegacySims2017
    Aww man, when the bills hit, it's tough for R2R Sims. Bills are so steep anyway! Who pays 118 a week just for a lot and a toilet? Sheesh! Nice that everyone at the lounge is so understanding. They know he's a good kid just trying to get by on his own. Keep at it DJ, you'll get there soon! :)

Agree with you DJ, snow makes everything look beautiful. Too bad it has to be so cold though! hehe
    Such a smart and resourceful guy! He killed two birds with one stone by going to the gym, could warm up that way and practice. Win-win! Bummer about being tense from work, but at least he made enough for the climbing equipment. Go DJ!

@Carebear92
    Looks like Savannah is having a hard time meeting kids her own age too. Smart star gazing to get inspired so she can increase her skill faster. Very nice tips she got! Cool! Good wages too. Oh bummer, man, should've have stolen that money dear. o.O Ugh, hope she gets her fun up soon. Oh, hey, did you know they can read a Wilderness Digest book in the tent? That might help to increase her fun. Just an idea. :)

Good idea getting the cooler, but I'm glad she figured out there's a food stall very close by for the Tri-colored Dango! Those things are so cheap and they fill them up! So glad she has all weekend to do whatever she wants. Lots of time to have some fun. :)

@SoulGal7
    No, they're not. I have them in two households though, one for guys, one for girls. But they're not-in-world. That's a good tip though, I'll do that, hope it works! Thankfully though he has met one now. But I'd like him to meet everybody if he can. Cale doesn't go to school, so can't make friends that way, but thanks again for that tip too anyway. :)

Thanks about Cale's remodeled house and greenhouse. He has quite a few plants now, yes, but not that many more. I think it just looks like a lot because they're in planter boxes now. :) The greenhouse is the biggest part of the house now. hehe I love it! Love that shower too. Ugh, why did the Devs think that was a good idea? I don't get it! But anyway, yeah, she complained about his TV. Silly mermaid!

WOW! You have some absolutely gorgeous screenshots in this update! I can't pick a favorite, they're all beautiful! Congrats to Dylan completing that milestone goal and for completing the Body Builder aspiration! Go Dylan! He caught himself from falling, didn't actually fall? And still got the battered and bruised moodlet? That's weird. Oh man, poor Dylan. It happens. Sometimes you just get so caught up in the moment, who has time to stop and pee? hehe Great tip about the basketball hoop! Cale's almost maxed now or I'd take advantage of that! Thanks for letting us all know. :)

@permanentrose
    Oh man, I was extremely excited to see her too! I was tearing my hair out wondering why oh why does nobody show up? I looked at that No Randoms mod you suggested, but it looks too complicated and buggy to me. It conflicts with a mod I have concerning the Sages too and I need/want that mod more than no randoms. Anyway, Cale was *cough* a bit excited after meeting Robin too! ;) Sweet dreams! <3
    (Set up my new computer today. No Sims software yet, so I'll continue to play catch up. Hopefully I'll have everything set tomorrow or Thu night. Will continue to do my daily comments as I love reading and looking at the daily images, still. Loving my new computer already. Bigger screen and much faster.)

January 18th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Robin looks like she enjoys scouts. Yay for Challenge Sims appearances! Boo for date crashers! :lol: Daily image has to be my favorite with Robin and Pepper...dancing together?

@Karababy52
    D.J. did not turn blue in the cold river, but half the elders did. I just needed D.J. in there for an hour for that Milestone and he did it without turning blue. I was so proud of him. :lol:

D.J. is level 7 now in rock climbing. One more to go for a Milestone achievement, but I'd like him to go all the way to get skill level 10 in that. He's 5 in skiing and 0 in snowboarding. The way Cale is going, he should reach level 8 in no time as well and maybe even max it out himself.

This month is really hard on D.J. for finances. Winter in Mt. Komorebi is very wintery. Frozen grounds and lakes. I am hoping Windenburg isn't so bad for their winters. I'm staying with real life seasons for this, so Spring won't be until late March. But I'm hoping he can do some decent planting and fishing next month in Windenburg in the winter time. We'll have to wait and see, I guess. I just hope Cale doesn't throw an anger fit at his plants in the greenhouse when he gets angry. :grimace:
    Aww, Cale and Robin getting all flirtatious with each other. I wonder if they'll have merfolk babies when they both get a little bit older. :grin: I was laughing out loud literally with the screenshots of Kalama wanting in on some of that attention...with failure.
    @SoulGal7 helped suggest things to lower the bills by removing the lights and adding candles in the outhouse. Plus, that would also make it smell better whenever he needs to go. :joy:

@Carebear92
    D.J. knows how Savannah feels. Most of his acquaintances right now are elders. He's starting to make friends and more acquaintances with Sims closer to his lifestage now. Hopefully, she will too.
    Savannah should definitely look at hiking. She might want to take up a hobby as well, maybe? Fishing? Planting? That should help her finances.

@RememberJoy
    That look on Adam's face is priceless when he's feeling he's being watched at the computer. I love it. :joy: Especially where he's looking, too. I totally forgot Adam was a dumpster chef.

@SoulGal7
    Candles might be good for the outhouse....make it smell better as well as save on electricity. :joy:
    I was excited when D.J. got the "Certified Ripper" moodlet. Good to see Dylan achieved it. But poor Kiyoshi. Hopefully he didn't hurt himself too bad. Muscle boy Dylan can take the bad guys now going after him. "Beat 'em up, Dylan!" :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Karababy52 - Another idea for getting teens is to use the Teen Neighborhood lot trait. That might help :)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 19
    1IpD2K2B_o.jpg
    Winterfest continued outside of Aaron's house, with the boys going out for some snowboarding. After Hunter had injured himself and Aaron had wiped out too many times, they decided to head back to Aaron's and took a walk through his neighbourhood. Aaron took the opportunity to show Hunter the house that was now available for sale. Hunter told him that he would be allowed to move there but only with a relative: he had sighed then and said that he had an uncle living in Newcrest who had also wanted to move to Mt Komorebi because he was the adventurous sort. Aaron was a bit annoyed at first, but then shrugged and said he didn't care, as long as Hunter moving to the neighbourhood meant they could be together more often.

Aaron had discovered a rollerskating rink nearby and headed over to try it out, surprising himself and only falling over once. Then it was time for Hunter to go and Aaron to return home to see Father Winter. Except he wasn't sure if the jolly blue man would arrive considering he didn't have a fireplace. That didn't prove to be an issue however as Father Winter appeared out of nowhere right next to the mailbox. Aaron received his gift, and was astounded to discover that it was a whole refrigerator: a Crisponix Ultragreat, with a deluxe crisper, to be exact.

Some time passed, and Aaron learned that one of the rentals in Yukimatsu had been demolished and in its place was a brand new gym. Boasting climbing walls, punching bags, treadmills and yoga, he soon realised it would be an excellent place to begin properly training for climbing Mt Komorebi and began heading there regularly. He invited Hunter to join him most days, knowing that Hunter liked fitness. Even though Aaron still disliked it, he couldn't deny how good it felt after a workout and noticed the changes those climbing walls were having on his physique immediately. It was exhilarating in a way he had never known before. Climbing to the peak of Mt Komorebi had once seemed impossible but conquering it was coming ever closer, and he was looking forward to making the climb with Hunter.

~~~
    This is the place that Hunter will be moving into, along with his uncle. Aaron will visit him and meet that uncle next update ;)
    WB3dU0f.png

He was in a conversation with Hunter then took off... I had no idea where he was going but he found this skating rink. He ditched the cute boy just for this lol
    QOOEtXl.png
    TqllRuE.png
    lAs31mP.png

Aaron didn't ask Hunter to be his boyfriend, but he did ask him to be his snow bro :joy:
    7ylaCFE.png
    E2i60Bw.png

Let's do homework while waiting for Father Winter
    MGiWxGo.png

ybW69kL.png
    TPfTWnc.png

I believe this is the same gym for Mt Komorebi that RememberJoy and LegacySims2017 are using. I just decided to put it in Yukimatsu but I think it was made for a lot in Senbamachi, not entirely sure though. It fits here anyway and doesn't disturb anything :smiley:
    nBAElDs.png

I decided to use it because the climbing skill is so tedious to learn using just the walls in the Mt Komorebi neighbourhoods, so I'm hoping this'll get Aaron learning how to rock climb faster because he is nowhere near the level needed to succeed in the mountain excursion
    WiYa280.png

After his first climb, I noticed something...
    bsCkr3Z.png

...which was only confirmed when his arms were exposed
    4nOKBbW.png

Do you think Hunter noticed Aaron's, um, new arms?
    eZC3Rat.png
    Because I know I did.

Hey Robin!
    usrlbzp.png

I'd intended for Aaron and Hunter to use the climbing walls together, but Hunter decided he'd rather punch something
    10iUS9F.png

I couldn't find him later, but then discovered him doing yoga, perfectly in sync with Robin :joy:
    hwvxgeK.png
    jryif4K.png
    rPA4GZW.png
    oMqRAPR.png
    5kPcxp8.png
    t907BBA.png

I don't remember how long Aaron was climbing for but he only had level 2 climbing skill at this point
    A5MFPk0.png
    KEZ7cYX.png

Oh look who I found! Mr Morgan, finally making his appearance again...
    XdDFJKr.png

Aaron's new muscles eventually gave out on him and he crashed to the floor
    erLH3Gk.png
    3OFtfk3.png

I just thought he looked great in this screenshot :joy:
    FhCkPdq.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited January 2022
    January 19

tFEMEko.jpg
    PvkVqQV.jpg

I love how Pepper is looking out for her <3
    EdKzNoE.jpg

And then the next day, more of the same.
    AevZRIQ.jpg

Also she expanded her garden a bit. Robin used to love helping Jules with the garden when she was a kid, so it I think it's quite fitting that she loves caring for her own garden.
    58U8Wur.jpg

I've been playing several sim days at a time these days, just trying to make some progress, and it's already summer! Robin and I just straight up blasted through spring, haha. Just a short little update for today. I feel like Robin is just in limbo, waiting to get her rock climbing skill pretty high so she can do this mountain excursion and knock off some more aspiration milestones. So really just a lot of rock climbing and need filling for now :)

I'll finish up comments later today!
    Day 6 Eventful Saturday
    It's Saturday morning at 4A.M. sweet Savannah is up and ready to start her day! Her plan for today is being as adventurous as possible.
    Savannah started her day by going to the bulletin board to check out the Daily Wildlife Report.GDrNBmH.png The Daily Wildlife Report warned Savannah about the bats and to obtain Mr. Wayne's Bat Bane and Soothing Injury Balm from the Bits and bobbles vending machine.
    So Savannah went on a hunt for the vending machine. She already knew there wasn't one by the lounge so she went straight to the park. She didn't see one there either.FP0tRim.png She ended up going to the Onsen Bathhouse, she found the vending machine down by the slopes.
    At the vending machine, she saw both items but she can only afford one or the other. She decide to go with Mr. Wayne's Bat Bane to keep the bats away. Just like that she completed the first milestone of her aspiration!
    Savannah travels back to the park so she can start her hike. The lack of knowledge Savannah has of the trails she chose to hike to the Mountain Shrine.
    While Savannah was hiking, she encountered centipedes which one end up biting her. Ouch!fqKNs5g.png At the moment she realized she made the wrong decision on which item to buy at the vending machine. She should have gotten the soothing injury balm. Anyway she finally got to the Mountain Shrine. Savannah was quite confused what she was so interesting there.1W0UFZI.png After She was finish with the Mountain Shrine she hiked over to the temple. She came across this interesting setup, she had zero idea what it was.qkqhCM5.png She saw that some people wrote their wishes on it, so Savannah did the same thing. Savannah is a non believer of wishes becoming true, so if hers don't it wont really bother her. 6SvO3b4.png
    She headed back towards town to finish off her hike, on her way back she had to use the bathroom she ended up having an accident and then shortly after got bit by another centipede. When she got back to town she went to Onsen Bathhouse to take a shower, after her shower she went back to her tent to have some food.
    Before Savannah decide to call it a night she went to the lounge to socialize possibly play some piano. When she got to the lounge there was a new bartender, her name was Saya Yamamoto. EW6IhFw.png They had a short conversation about how Savannah should try to rock climb and skiing, she just needs the correct equipment. Savannah thinks its more important to try to make and save some simoleons so she can have a actual house built for her. Before leaving the lounge Savannah did play some piano and made small amount of simoleons. 0OZe6Rr.png She left the lounge went back to her tent and went to sleep for the evening.

Table of Contents
    Day 7 Chill Sunday
    Savannah woke up, went to the food stand and got a onigiri. She had plans to do her homework until she realize her homework was nowhere to be found. She searched every place she been to all weekend, she was not able to locate it so she just continue on with her day. Its Sunday so she didn't want to do too much the day. Savannah's new week goal is to save money so she can be able to slowly build up her house. She came back to her property after wondering around, she notice another teenager close by. Savannah went up and respectfully introduce herself. His name is Kioshi Ito, Kioshi Ito is romantic and dislikes painting. They talked for a little bit and then he decide he wanted to go for a jog. 8NUIa81.pngShortly after he left, the Welcome Wagon swung by. Savannah was surprised the only people who showed up were Kioshi's mom and dad. Since Kioshi's parents are celebrities, they made her feel like she was being judged based on her living conditions. She kindly sent them home. Vu0kcTQ.png
    After they left, Savannah thought it be great to try to plant some in season seeds. She did the starter pack, first time she got unlucky and didn't receive any spring seeds. She bought another one which came with Sage and Parsley, she decided to plant those since they can grow in the spring time. Savannah was probably better off buying starter flower seeds instead, but you live and you learn. Lastly, Savannah found a public restroom walking distance from her property. Savannah was so happy knowing that she doesn't have to travel far away just to use the restroom. After she used the restroom she turned herself in for the evening so she can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the new week! FUuTxcS.png

Table of Contents
    edited January 2022
    Day 8 Still no homework??
    Today Savannah woke up ate some cereal, went to the bathhouse and took a shower before going to work. After work she had time to have some yogurt before going to school. She was concerned about going to school without any type of homework done or even being on her. She went to school decided to slack off half the day. After school, Kioshi asked Savannah if he can come over hang out and get to know each other a bit.
    Kioshi came over and hanged out with Savannah. They got to know each other a little bit more, she found out that Kioshi is adventurous and hates the color brown. Kioshi and Savannah did some cloud gazing which was nice and relaxing for the both of them. Savannah really likes Kioshi so far, she thinks they hit it off pretty well. She can't wait to see where the future will take their relationship.8wCCLpK.png
    Kioshi went to go jog before heading. So he left, Savannah realized again that her homework is still nowhere to be found and she didn't recieve a new one from school. Its a mystery as to where her homework went to.

Table of Contents

Post edited by Carebear92 on
    Hi All - comment time. Have a great day/night!

@Skeilah
    Sorry I didn't comment on this one sooner. Nice that Bryon met the Hermit, and even brought Naoki a gift. Ahhh...hehehe Poor Bryon almost lit himself on fire thinking of that romantic time he was going to have with Naoki. Oh! I'm a bear phase, so cute :)

@Karababy52 -
    Finally Cale meets one of the challenge sims! Yeah! And it's Robin! hehehe Oh gosh and Kalama wouldn't leave them alone. Cale certainly is forward with the girls...quote-"Sneak out, come home with me, I'll make it worth your while. Please?" Cale's hormones are on overload, I think! hehehe Well, it was nice that he met someone his own age, too. I didn't realize that Cale wasn't attending school, so I guess "make friends" at school doesn't work. Nice that Cale has almost maxed fitness, too.

Your comment on Dylan not falling while rock climbing...I think he got that bruised and battered tick, because his needs were seriously in the red. I was actually trying to have him get injured...lol...what we do to our poor sims for them to complete stuff.

@Shadami -
    Nice that Velma is sprucing up the lounge, and working on getting more tips. Crush on the bartender? lol Probably. And so nice that she met Aaron, and congrats that Velma has completed the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration. Woot!

@afai1261 -
    Cool place that Hunter will be moving with his uncle. Is that the larger rental in Wakaba? Vampires in the neighborhood! Better start growing some garlic now. Cool that a Rock Climbing Gym was built in Mt. Komorebi, and Aaron sure looks great on the wall. Nice shot of Hunter and Robin in perfect harmony yoga poses. And yep, Aaron most definitely has sprouted some muscles! You are going to make it Aaron. And nice gift from Father Winter! Cool!

@permanentrose -
    Whoa! That photo of Robin hanging on with one hand...geez...that was kind of scary. Love that Pepper is such a dedicated dog waiting on Robin. Her house is looking nice. I opted for 28 days for the weather, but might change that later on, not sure. Yes, skilling the rock climbing takes forever.

@Carebear92 -
    Those bugs on the trails are awful. Luckily Dylan had the same type and was able to kind of shimmy away from them. Those centipedes are so scary looking. Oh, too bad she bought the wrong deterrent, but it might come in handy later on. Don't feel bad about the Welcome Wagon...most everyone has negative sentiments with Kiyoshi's parents. lol But at least she met Kiyoshi. In the neighborhood, there is a parsley bush that she can harvest, and down by the river is a dig spot. Check those daily. Also, if you haven't already done so, set your lot to "Off-the-Grid" lot traits to save simoleons on the bills.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top