Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kits would you like to see?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
A lot of people complaining about Kits lately. Which is cool...we all have opinions. But what Kits do provide is smaller, bite size packages of content that make it easy for people to buy, or not buy, only what they are interested in. I haven't bought half the kits, and have no plans to....but there ARE a few kits that I'd like to see.

Honestly, I think Maxis hasn't leveraged the potential of kits properly. They provide an opportunity to provide specific content that only specific people might want in an affordable package. I think Maxis is focused too much on the kits being style focused rather than category focused when there are some great opportunities for kits to fill in the "gaps" where categories in the game are just under-represented. Just mho.

Here's some Kits that I absolutely WOULD be interested in:

1. Toddler clothes - A kit that provides only clothes and, perhaps, hairstyles for toddlers. They are so under represented right now and CC options for them aren't all that broad either.
2. Children's Clothes - Same as above, but for Children.
3. Sleepwear - An entire kit of nothing but sleepwear! Seriously, we need more.
4. Accessories - Piercings, rings, bracelets and more. A kit with nothing but nice accessory items. Accessories is the category for which I have the most CC, so clearly the game without CC needs some love here.

What kits, not counting gameplay, would you actually like to see? I focused on categories I'd like to see represented with more content in a kit, but feel free to list your desired styles/themes if you have them.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2022
    Subculture packs: goth, emo, furry, tracksuit, nerd, hippy, and so forth

More surprising and attractive build sets like the courtyard oasis. Maybe one with battlements for real historical European spots.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    - Historical CAS and BB
    - Subculture CAS
    - Portable telescope and table microscope
    Happy simming!
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited January 2022
    Nushka wrote: »

I hope that some day these are part a free update & not locked behind a paywall. I like the giant versions for community lots, but I hate that are no regular sized options, & I don't think that players should have to pay a second time for a portable version.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I want more gameplay kits and better themed build and cas kits, such as bathroom kit, bed kit, sleepwear kit, smaller telescope and microscope, kitchen appliances etc.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited January 2022
    Gameplay kits- small appliances( slow cooker, pizza oven),bird kit, rabbit kit, lawn mower kit, pool table

CAS kits- 20s 50s 60s decades clothing, punk style kit w/a new mohawk, Y2k clothing, heels and accessories, pajamas, eveningwear, African clothing with Ankara prints, fur coats and diamonds

Bb- mod furniture(lucite and round velvet pieces)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    If they don't have a game pack, expansion pack, or stuff pack coming out for it, this is the following of what I would like to see in kits.
    1.) More fantasy stuff. Like Lord of the Rings based stuff, or anything in general. It would be nice to have longer lifespans for elves as well, if that is an option.
    2.) More scifi stuff as well, not more Star Wars stuff, but other series or a one where we can kind of make our own.
    3.) More horror type stuff, because it would be fun for Halloween builds. They could include moving dolls too, so it would add to the creep factor.
    4.) More end of the world type stuff as well. It can be mixed in with the horror stuff.
    5.) More goth clothes, or just any type of clothes in general.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'd love a kitchen appliance kit. Toaster, stand mixer or food processor, waffle maker, and blender. That might be more in line with a Stuff Pack though.

From this thread in Feedback.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995935/kit-ideas-for-2022#latest
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    More sleepwear, underwear, swimwear would be nice. Also ladies shoes and boots and big jewellery. Food and drinks kits would be nice too, more chinese, indian, japanese dishes etc., like they did with the free spanish food.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    80's kit!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Generally speaking, just gameplay kits.

For specifics, I'd like some food and kitchen appliance kits. I would take some pajama and underwear CAS kits as well.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    Nushka wrote: »

I hope that some day these are part a free update & not locked behind a paywall. I like the giant versions for community lots, but I hate that are no regular sized options, & I don't think that players should have to pay a second time for a portable version.

Yeah, I also feel that should come for free in a BG update but I doubt they'll do that. After all, it was part of round 1 voting for the 2nd community stuff pack (the one that ended with Nifty Knitting).

7.png
    Happy simming!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited January 2022
    Clutter kit. Only decor that fits in the one tile space.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    steampunk stuff and many of the things mentioned above.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Well, if they are going to consist of constantly making back-to-back Kits, here's what I would like:
    Sexy Sleepwears
    Spiral Stairs
    Time Machines
    Potters Wheel & Inventor's Bench
    Futuristic SiFi objects that's almost like a parody of Star Trek
    Cars
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Time Machines
    If it's just a kit, I fear these will be clocks
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Futuristic SiFi objects that's almost like a parody of Star Trek
    Finally, the Star Trek: Generations pack everyone always wants!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Period (Regency, Victorian, Georgian, etc.) clothing, hairstyles, accessories. One period per kit.
    Fully agree with both the added kitchen appliances and small telescope and microscope
    Pottery wheel
    Sewing machine table
    model train layout - large for teens and older, small for children
    remote control vehicles and aircraft
    chemistry set - last one I remember was in TS1, and sims seemed to like experimenting with it
    multi-sim activities - pool table, badminton, tennis, soccer goals, kid games
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Let's see...
    a dozen and one toddler beds with matching Kid's beds. I'll even take a bunch of toddler beds that match existing kid's beds, even if they could be added to existing packs.
    A kit with nothing but a bunch of new Juvenile wallpaper designs. Suitable for Toddlers, Kids, and Teens. Too many of the current ones are either too cutesy, too mature, or too bold for a bedroom (being better suited to a play room.)
    Bathroom clutter (more toilet paper options)
    A "Fantasy Gamer's Office" kit, where all the items are modern, but with dragons or wizards or dice or something as part of the design. (Seriously, "Geek" is not limited to Sci-Fi and video games)
    Semi-related to that, would be a "New Romantic" fit kit. Pirate/poet shirts, tall boots, slacks/jeans with sash belts, contemporary jackets with a Georgian flair... stuff like that.
    Tea. A handful of new Tea kettles and tea accessories.
    Curtains kit, with a dozen new curtain styles in multiple lengths and window widths (or just left, right and a separate cross bar.)
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    How about a Secret Lair Kit? A new Hidden Bookcase Entrance, or maybe something entirely new for a Secret Entrance into. Equipment might have in one, Wall pattern, Floor tile. Signs might find in such a place. New Containment Doors. A Security pad for Entry. A Spiral staircase for underground lairs. Maybe something with burn marks to show several attempts at some experiment that's exploded before.
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Also a Halloween Kit.

More Costumes, certainly for the younger age group Sims. Fog!! I really miss having the ability to place Fog like what we got in Ts3 with the Century Home Content, that was awesome for atmosphere. You could even use that old content for ideas for other items in that kit because they'd be great in creating a haunted house.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    Curtains/rug/pool item kit/toys kit/toddler beds/new teapot for tea party kit
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I want another story like the one in Strangerville. I think that was well thought out, so more quests please.
    Turn this game into an collection of small adventures. See that homeless man on the corner? You can help him get back on his feet!
    5 adventures per kit.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Pretty sure the only CAS/BB kit I would buy would need to be period clothing and hair or architectural styles. I'd go for medieval, ancient civilizations, or Renaissance.
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    I would love to see a kit with fashion bags! Nappy sacks, crossbody bags, diaper bags, brief cases, etc. I think it would be a nice added category to the Create a Sim. It would be good for all ages too! I loved how they added the little outfit with the backpack for toddlers! I also loved the 90's shirt with the crossbody. So an actual kit with stuff to pick from would be cool.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sleepwear kit

Swimwear kit

Pool Kit with gameplay

Bathroom kit with new shower tub combos and bathtubs.I want some expensive large walkin showers with 2 showerheads.

I
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I don't like anymore kits.