Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Registration Code not working for Sims3.com or Origin

omg_chyannaomg_chyanna Posts: 2
edited January 2022 in The Sims 3 General Discussion
I have tried numerous times to register my game to Sims3.com, and it keeps saying the code is invalid. I've practically studied the code to make sure I'm not getting any of the characters wrong, and I'm not...it's almost like the website doesn't WANT me to register the game so I can get the Collector's Content, and for as much as I paid for this expansion pack,I really want the Katy Perry content :x
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• debw1223debw1223 Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2012
    Do not feel bad I am having the same issues and so far no one has been able to offer me any help. Hope you get some help on this.
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited March 2012
    for Origin enter your code here.

https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

If you already have Origin open you may have to "refresh my games" for it to show up.

the redeem game code thing in Origin hasn't worked for a year or so now.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble registering it here.
  • debw1223debw1223 Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2012
    Where do we enter the codes for the custom content that game with the Katy Perry game version? That is what im having trouble with, keeps saying the link is invalid.
  • airam66airam66 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited March 2012
    For Katy Perry's edition, this is the link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/CollectorsRedeem.html

For the Limited Edition, use this one:
    http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/ShowtimeRedeem

This sites are for getting the extra content on each game. To know which code to enter go to store.origin.com, click on the "user assistance" tab on the top right corner (not sure what it says exactly, my version of the site's in Spanish and reads "atención al usuario"). You'll see an option at the top of this site that says "view purchase history" (or something like that). Click here and enter your order's data. You'll be redirected to a page with a list of your products and any extra content they came with. The code for the extra content doesn't have the option for downloading from Origin, and it's shorter than the code for the games themselves. Enter this code, WITHOUT the dashes (-) on the corresponding link I've provided above. After a while, you'll get to see the items on your purchase history.

I got helped with this by an EA advisor, it's the only way I could've possibly gotten all of that right, seeing as there are no official instructions anywhere! :roll:

Simplicity is not EA's thing, I guess ¬¬
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2012
    There is a difference between registering you game and redeem codes for stuff. Use the codes for the links provided for redeeming but use your game SN number to register your game on TheSims3.com

You can register your game on the Origin site but since they are not fully sync'ed up with your TheSims3.com profile data the game will not show up on your My Page at least right away. Its best to register on TheSims3.com

If your SN will not work to register your game (which it will not if you registered on Origin first) then you need to contact Origin Help to help you fix that. They may have a typo in the code they are expecting or some other problem they have to clear.

I had a problem with pets when trying to register my game and it kept telling me the SN was invalid (that's when I learned about not registering on Origin first if I wanted the game to show up on TheSims3.com site right away). They had to fix something and then the game registered.

Unfortunately, when it comes to SN numbers (product unlock keys) there is no workaround or anything that you can do to fix it if it does not work - you need help from the tech guys who have the only access to fix something like that
  • Drkwlf74Drkwlf74 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks guys for this input!!! Been trying since Day one to get this stuff to work!!! :mrgreen:
  • AntoineJenkinsAntoineJenkins Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I have been trying to get Sims 3 Supernatural to register since I got it. It is registered on Origin but won't show up as registered on MY PAGE here on the Sims 3 community in My Games. I have contacted the tech guys at EA and they have given me new Product Numbers and done it themselves at least four separate times. Then they say I should be good to go but still my game is not registered and it is really ******* me off. I paid for this game and I want it registered, I shouldn't have to go through all of this, Origin/EA and this site should all work together like a well oiled machine and it sickens me that it doesn't.
  • khristeeekhristeee Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    so has anyone found a way for it to work? i've tried everything. i can't seem to get it to work. i bought the, The Sims™ 3 Late Night Expansion Pack. it keeps telling me my Serial number is invalid and i've typed it over and over, it's not wrong. but i also don't know anywhere to contact anyone. all the contact things are just a bunch of forms on the website. i'm getting highly frustrated and i'm starting to think i wasted 14$ for nothing if i can't even play my game.
  • Leah_Marie69Leah_Marie69 Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    ok so im going to Start off by Saying i have Had this Issue Quite a Few Times and the Easiest/Fastest Way to get it to Work is to get Ahold of the EA Customer Support Service
    their Service is Very Good i have never had a Problem With them
    What You are going to tell them is that You Purchased a Game on Origin.com and it Says Your Game Code is invalid
    The Reason this happens is Because Origin.com is a Third Party Seller goes like this
    EA Sells to Origin For a Bit of Profit from them Origin Then sells to us
    Well With the Game Code what happens is It Breaks During the Purchase of the game From Origin couldnt Supply a Code That Up to Date With u Purchase.[EXAMPLE] Someone Purchased it as well so you both were supplied with a code
    So like i said If u would like to Fix this Problem as Quick as Possible i Recommend Calling them and Letting them know
    The Phone Service might take a little bit to get through to them but stay on the line they will help u withing 20mins of them Answering the Phone
    i Hope This Helped Everyone

Leah_Marie
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just bought Showtime from Origin a few days ago and my code didn't work. I used the Live Chat feature and, after more than an hour wait, finally talked with someone who, after checking and taking up another 15 minutes or so, was able to give me a registration code that worked. The codes for the extra content worked fine and I didn't have to do anything with them. The wait isn't usually this crazy but I'm guessing that, with the big sale Origin had this weekend, there were a lot of similar issues.
  • jessiesim12jessiesim12 Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I'm having exactly the same problem only with The Sims 3. I have registered other games but it won't let me register the base game! Help!!!!!
  • TinaSearsTinaSears Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    I had pets loaded into my mac.. and i had to reload all the sims onto my external and this one isn't working now.. wont take the code.. so annoying.. how do i fix this?
  • LynxChampionVIILynxChampionVII Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I'm having exactly the same problem only with The Sims 3. I have registered other games but it won't let me register the base game! Help!!!!!

I have the same problem. I have registered too all expansions except base game.
  • katie_bates13katie_bates13 Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Hi, yesterday I bought both the Sims 3 game and the World Adventures expansion pack, but when I checked online I hadn't been credited any simpoints. Is this normal? Do you not get them if you buy through Origin? I entered their serial codes to try and redeem the points online, but it just told me they were invalid, suggesting they were already registered.
    If anyone has had this happen to them and has been rewarded simpoints (or not) or if anyone knows of a way to do it, please let me know.
  • DasiyDasiy Posts: 27 Member
    I brought Sims 3 University life on Amazon and didn't send me code write to them and could not found code refund £10 but how play Sims 3 University life with no code to register I would like play game Sims 3 University life if there way can get register code please for Sims 3 University?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Dasiy - Not sure which format you purchased from Amazon (Origin codes, disc), but can you not purchase the EP directly from Origin? If EA is the vendor and something doesn't work, then EA customer service can fix that more easily as only they can see into your Origin account.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @Dasiy,

As igazor mentioned, it may be worth checking into this pack on Origin. If you run into issues with that, do feel free to reach out to support so they can take a look.

This thread is quite old so it's being locked here to avoid continued necro-posting, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top