The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carl's difficulty mod

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Unfortunately, I have no luck with this mod. Tried it yesterday mostly for calories/fitness since there are no other mods for this part of game which are currently working. But after catching several LEs with McCmd from it I had to delete. Also was catching LE's from his gardening tuning for "fertilize all".

I really wish things were modular in this mod. Like I'm not interesting in harder jobs part. I'm using Kuttoe mod for this. And Carl never answered if these mods are compatible. So without ability to select features and with overall complexity of this mod I decided so far to avoid it. Though many tunings/fixes in it sounds very interesting.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Carl is doing a great job!! I've been playing with his mod and it really solves most of my issues! Looking forward for late tonight to try the burglars!!!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have no luck with this mod. Tried it yesterday mostly for calories/fitness since there are no other mods for this part of game which are currently working. But after catching several LEs with McCmd from it I had to delete. Also was catching LE's from his gardening tuning for "fertilize all".

I really wish things were modular in this mod. Like I'm not interesting in harder jobs part. I'm using Kuttoe mod for this. And Carl never answered if these mods are compatible. So without ability to select features and with overall complexity of this mod I decided so far to avoid it. Though many tunings/fixes in it sounds very interesting.

I'm about the same. I had it installed for all of 5 minutes before I was forced to remove it. So, unfortunately I have no idea how well the features work. The mod also apparently comes with a massive 75% fps drop. Knocked my FPS down from 60+ to 14. Removed it and I'm back to over 60.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'd like to ask this very important question but Carl has no Discord and I'm not on his Patreon.

How is this for short, normal, long, and ageing-off lifespan kind of game styles?
    I worry that this might not be tailored or suited enough for normal lifespan gameplay, which is how I play, since most players prefer to play long or with aging off.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love this mod, I have been using it in my game for a few weeks now. I like that I can set it so my sims won’t gain simoleons as easily and also building relationships can be more difficult. It fixes a lot of issues with the game as well. Dine out has never worked so well in my game.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I see CG has the same annoying habit of deliberately hiding his content behind that patreon crap and not releasing it in a timely manner for the public. Not at all surprising.

Anyway, i've been watching it and frankly it doesn't offer enough options in ways that matter and yes, i'd like to see the mod more modular. if the dine out part of the mod actually creates a far better experience than the bugged mess that currently exists that the developers have no inclination to fix or notice, then i'm open to trying it out. there are one or two other things that i've noticed and want to try out separately as well in that mod.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I have been a member of his forum/guides since 2009 and this guy is very smart. I downloaded his mods, as many as I could. I have never used Patreon, mostly just donated to my favorite sites, but with his mods I figured I could spring for $5/month. I know I won't be sorry. I took my sim out to eat and everything went like it was supposed to! I'm now in the process of planting gardens for my sims that the stupid devs ruined in Seasons release...even the mod Twisted Mex didn't work. Now my sims can have the huge gardens again thanks to Carl. I don't think $5 is too much to fix some of the worst bugs in the game. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Ok, here's a question : the mod looks really interesting, but does anyone know where you can actually download it? I've found Carl's Patreon, and it says patrons get the early access version with the newest features, but I don't mind waiting a little longer and, quite frankly, spending over 80$ a year (I'm not American) for a mod seems excessive. I get that it's a lot of work for the creator, but I just can't justify it in my own gaming budget.

tldr ; I've failed to find the non-early access version. Where is it?
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Ok, here's a question : the mod looks really interesting, but does anyone know where you can actually download it? I've found Carl's Patreon, and it says patrons get the early access version with the newest features, but I don't mind waiting a little longer and, quite frankly, spending over 80$ a year (I'm not American) for a mod seems excessive. I get that it's a lot of work for the creator, but I just can't justify it in my own gaming budget.

tldr ; I've failed to find the non-early access version. Where is it?

Waaaaaaaaay down at the bottom before the comment section, you'll find the package and script files. You need both. https://www.patreon.com/posts/carls-sims-4-mod-58183239

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I was initially excited about the harder income changes (the original idea he started with) because I couldn't find a mod that did that with ALL incomes including crafting sales etc., which is what I understand his is suppose to be. But is all this other stuff, dining, garden, social etc. all still one big mod rather than separate ones? I don't care about that other stuff at all. Although I do miss the burglar..

Does anyone know of a mod that just lowers income, and money earned on craft sales (painting, fishing, gardening, collectables etc etc..)? Preferably one mod that covers all forms of earning money in game. Sigh, my dream mod...
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Chaotic_Moira, no...I don't know of another mod that makes the income changes and ONLY the income changes. I wish I did, as I do use Carl's overhaul mod but I don't much like all-in-one mods.

I actually appreciate some of the other things which the overhaul mod does, but even so would prefer if it was modular. That said, I can still highly recommend it. You can turn off 'most' of the other features that you might not want except for those which are more like 'fixes' than 'features' (i.e. the Dine out stuff).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Chaotic_Moira, no...I don't know of another mod that makes the income changes and ONLY the income changes. I wish I did, as I do use Carl's overhaul mod but I don't much like all-in-one mods.

I actually appreciate some of the other things which the overhaul mod does, but even so would prefer if it was modular. That said, I can still highly recommend it. You can turn off 'most' of the other features that you might not want except for those which are more like 'fixes' than 'features' (i.e. the Dine out stuff).

Thanks. I probably will give it a try. I do want the less money thing A LOT, and I actually would add the burglar if it was another mod anyway. Dine out I will have to sort out. I have another mod for that, so I may have to take that out and try his fixes.. It is the social thing I know I don't want at all.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Chaotic_Moira, the social thing can be turned off from a mailbox. As can the career difficulty and mood difficulty stuff, if you don't want those.

I'm the same as you, I started using it specifically for the income/expenses stuff.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Shame it's not modular. Had given it a test run to check out burglars and yep there's burglars.

Though had went ahead and took it out, since there's various mods that do a majority of what his does, but I can pick and choose what I want. Really what kills it for me since he seems to want to tailor it to 'his' liking. Opposed to others being able to do so as well. Can appreciate the time it takes doing mods, but this leaves me pretty disappointed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Shame it's not modular. Had given it a test run to check out burglars and yep there's burglars.

Though had went ahead and took it out, since there's various mods that do a majority of what his does, but I can pick and choose what I want. Really what kills it for me since he seems to want to tailor it to 'his' liking. Opposed to others being able to do so as well. Can appreciate the time it takes doing mods, but this leaves me pretty disappointed.
    @LadyKyn I couldn't agree more. It's rather baffling to me that he can make all these mods and yet not make them modular, which leaves only the assumption that he doesn't WANT to make them modular, which is even more baffling.

I've always been grateful to Carl and his very helpful guides, but I'm not interested in trying any of his mods yet. Not gonna load my game down with humongous mods that might have 1 or 2 things I'm interested in to get 10 more that not only am I not interested in, but actively DO NOT WANT. And apparently there's no way to turn them off.

Just, puzzling.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.