Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to turn off or avoid the sparkling animation in the Bust the Dust kit?

I just find it really distracting.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    No😑 not without mods. It is distracting....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    You can not change and/or nerf anything in the game without a mod. The sparking is by design; I personally like it. Happy this is one thing that didn't get removed or nerfed.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited June 2021
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/645106279180877824/bust-the-dust-overhaul-download-google-drive
    No Clean Floor Sparkles is the mod that disables them. It is a fairly simple mod as it overrides the texture for the sparkles. Once put into your download folder, you can basically just forget about it. It is highly unlikely that it will ever need to be updated.
    This is a very save mod even for those who aren't fond of mods.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I thought I would hate the sparkles but I don't notice them that much. But they are kind of reassuring when I do notice them cos I know the floor is clean lol.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I thought I would hate the sparkles but I don't notice them that much. But they are kind of reassuring when I do notice them cos I know the floor is clean lol.

That is the other reason why I also like seeing them. It is an indicator that the floors are super clean.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/645106279180877824/bust-the-dust-overhaul-download-google-drive
    No Clean Floor Sparkles is the mod that disables them. It is a fairly simple mod as it overrides the texture for the sparkles. Once put into your download folder, you can basically just forget about it. It is highly unlikely that it will ever need to be updated.
    This is a very save mod even for those who aren't fond of mods.

Bless you! I just don’t want sparkles in my sims homes unless someone is casting magical spells.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I definitely don't want anything nerfed because I don't believe in nerfing as it always leads to taking away someone else's enjoyment for selfish reasons. But I do wish they gave us an "option" on this one. I don't mind it for the average home but I make a lot of haunted houses and abandoned asylums so the sparkle floor seems a bit... odd lol😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited June 2021
    I definitely don't want anything nerfed because I don't believe in nerfing as it always leads to taking away someone else's enjoyment for selfish reasons. But I do wish they gave us an "option" on this one. I don't mind it for the average home but I make a lot of haunted houses and abandoned asylums so the sparkle floor seems a bit... odd lol😄

I hate the sparkles. It is quite distracting. I really wish for an option to turn off those sparkles in my Sim's house even without a mod. Even other lots like gyms and libraries are sparkling, and I find it really...distracting. I don't need literal sparkles to know that the house is clean.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The sparkles from this kit will prevent me from buying the kit for console. There is no possible way I could play the game with those sparkles and I can only disable them with a mod unfortunately.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The sparkling effect was one of the reasons why I disabled the pack even though I knew a mod creator would fix the problem. I just found the fact I needed mods in order to play a five dollar pack annoying. Even more annoying than the sparkles themselves. And since the teams already added those sparkles to plants and the meals our Sims make, as well as some other things, I said enough is enough. It was simply too many sparkles pulling my attention away from my Sims that made it fairly easy to walk away from the kit. A small buff indicating our Sims love having a sparkling clean house would have been sufficient.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I think there is an option to turn them off.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I see no sparkles in my game, but it could just be my graphics card/settings.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I think there is an option to turn them off.

Only if you turn off the entire dust system.
    hmmmm
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member

My thoughts exactly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The sparkling effect was one of the reasons why I disabled the pack even though I knew a mod creator would fix the problem. I just found the fact I needed mods in order to play a five dollar pack annoying. Even more annoying than the sparkles themselves. And since the teams already added those sparkles to plants and the meals our Sims make, as well as some other things, I said enough is enough. It was simply too many sparkles pulling my attention away from my Sims that made it fairly easy to walk away from the kit. A small buff indicating our Sims love having a sparkling clean house would have been sufficient.

still sad that I have to disable the pack for a bit haha
  • NotLisNotLis Posts: 1 New Member
    You can disable the dust system entirely and still be able to use the vacuums although I know it’s annoying that you can’t enjoy the packs entirety with it off I personally still think the use of vacuums is cool :) it’s what I’ve done as the sparkles are so annoying and distracting
    NotLis wrote: »
    You can disable the dust system entirely and still be able to use the vacuums although I know it’s annoying that you can’t enjoy the packs entirety with it off I personally still think the use of vacuums is cool :) it’s what I’ve done as the sparkles are so annoying and distracting

indeed.