Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    January 8

Once again, the warm sun had turned into cold winter air, and Selena was thinking about how Sofia had bumped into her at lunch, pushing her out of line in the process.

“Oops…” She’d paused, before pivoting and taking spot in the line. “Hey, you’re the new girl, right? Selena…” She looked her up and down. “Hm.”

“And you’re Sofia.” Selena didn’t say anything, but merely looked back, meeting her gaze evenly. Sofia didn’t falter, but the way she looked at her was making Selena uncomfortable.

“You know, you could stand to speak a bit more. You don’t speak to anyone, and that’s pretty off-putting, you know?” Sofia had scoffed. “Seriously.”

Selena had been too tired to stop herself from saying the next words, which had spelled instant death socially. She’d heard the gasps.

“Better than speaking and being off-putting.”

01-08-22_2-21-09_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Well, Selena had a long day at school and came back to the cold, pulling another vending machine on top of her, because of course she did...

01-08-22_2-14-57_PM.png?width=730&height=584

While she was out, we got bills. Luckily, we could pay them, but this lady definitely didn't look too happy to be delivering post in the rain.

01-08-22_2-12-56_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Selena did end up getting a snack too (we were low on money, but frankly she's had a tough time and she deserves some nice stuff) and the same vendor was there again. I think Selena is a regular at this point.

01-08-22_2-15-43_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Finally, in a spooky turn of events, Yamachan came to the house and started making White Cake???

01-08-22_2-18-21_PM.png?width=730&height=584

Honestly, I don't even know what's up with that...

January 9

Social exile would have begun if Selena hadn’t already kept to herself. Sofia and her group had resorted to tearing her down, making comments about how she looked, and treating her still as though she wasn’t there. Her locker had a couple of mean little notes inside, but she’d quietly put them into the recycling.

Honestly, these were children’s games. Selena had grown up surrounded by girls like Sofia who would act like this without provocation, so Selena wasn’t surprised at all. However, Sofia had somehow found out that Selena worked at a fast food place, and when Selena reached into her locker to grab some books, Sofia had loudly asked, “Do you want fries with that?”

Hot shame had flooded her cheeks, but she’d held her chin high, ignoring her while Sofia’s friends laughed behind the smirking blonde.

01-16-22_11-34-56_AM.png?width=730&height=584

So, Selena has been working hard on her project! We got it the other day, and it's a Robotics one. Due to the challenge, it'll be sold, but hey, it's so cool, right? Selena's Programming skill has gone up while working on it.

01-16-22_11-38-22_AM.png?width=730&height=584

She also snagged a Gold Pit Beast Simmi! A win for our finances!

01-16-22_11-57-25_AM.png?width=730&height=584

As a result, we now have more of a house, and I'm super excited. Her house is actually taking shape so quickly!

01-16-22_12-00-59_PM.png?width=730&height=584

So is her cooking, by the way, as she's making Onigiri here. She's now Level 2, and hopefully will only get better!

01-16-22_12-09-29_PM.png?width=730&height=584
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Jan 13 - Yard Sale

planted-the-twp-apples-from-vending-machine.png
    Another school day, and when I came home, Kaori had come over for a visit. I forgot I hadn't mentioned to her that I had joined the Drama Club. Unfortunately, I had to leave in 1/2 hour. She said it was alright, but I knew she was feeling kind of sad. Alright, maybe I was sad because I couldn't spend a lot of time with her.

KAORI-I-HAVE-DRAMA-IN-HALF-AN-HOUR.png

To make it up to her, I asked if she wanted to go on a date tomorrow night. I'd heard about a new restaurant and thought she might want to go there. She smiled at me and said she'd love to. As I changed into my Drama Club clothes and was leaving, she just stood there smiling at me. Perhaps it was a good thing that I had Drama Club...because the thoughts that were going through my head when I looked back at her...well...dang...she was such a hottie!

MAYBE-IT-WAS-GOOD-THAT-HE-WAS-OGG-TO-DRAMA.png

[Note: The Drama Club outfit seems to change daily, just like the school uniform.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I got home, my selling table had been delivered, and I thought I would have a yard sale. I rounded up the duplicate simmis and some items that I had dug up near the river. I marked up the price by 300%. Yes, that sounded steep, but I needed simoleons for that mountain excursion.

GARAGE-SALE-SELLING-THINGS-HE-HAD-FOUND.png

And all of a sudden, all these sims showed up. Wow! Sims in Mt. Komorebi really like yard sales.

A-FEW-SIMS-CAME-TO-HIS-TABLE.png

ROBIN-COMES-TO-THE-GARAGE-SALE.png

A cute teen came to the table, and I recognized her from school. Her name was Robin @permanentrose and she lived in the neighborhood.

CHATTING-WITH-ROBIN.png

DJ-OUT-FOR-A-WALK-IN-THE-NEIGHBORHOOD.png

I saw DJ @LegacySims2017 out for a walk, but he didn't come by the yard sale.

SOMEONE-JUST-WENT-INTO-DYLANS-HOUSE.png

While I was chatting with Robin, a sim just barged into my house. Hello? Do I even know you?

[Note: I forgot to lock the door on Dylan's house and someone just went in.]

There were just too many sims at the yard sale right now to go and see what this sim was doing. I sure hoped that sim inside my house didn't "borrow" anything. But it looks like they wanted to read a book...okay...

ALDO-COMES-TO-YARD-SALE.png

Aldo, @Llandros2012 another teen, also came over to see what I was selling. He actually purchased a Yamachan simmi, because he needed that one for his collection. Alright!

KENZIE-COMES-TO-GARAGE-SALE.png

Kenzie, @KateLynne Robin's roomie, and another teen I knew from school, came by to have a look at what I was selling. There wasn't that much left on the table when she came by, so we chatted a bit. She didn't seem in a very good mood and headed off shortly afterwards.

CHATTING-WITH-ALDO.png

Aldo had practically stayed until the end of the sale, and so I invited him in. We really got along well, and became friends. Aldo was Aaron's roomie in Senbamachi, and he had been buying some supplies at the ski shop in Wakaba.

After Aldo left, I counted up the simoleons I had made from the yard sale, and I had made more than enough to go on the mountain excursion, and purchase the rock climbing gear and the camping equipment. I thought I would even purchase some fitness equipment for the lot to keep in shape between my visits to the rock climbing gym. I would do that tomorrow, since the internet access was kind of sporadic on my lot.

And then I remembered, I had to do a school project. Great, just great!

another-project-working-alone.png
    mood-swing-im-not-okay-moodlet.png

im-not-alright.png

And, I was suddenly hit by a mood swing. It just came out of nowhere. I was getting those a lot lately. I wished Kaori was here to give me one of her famous hugs. I somehow finished my project, and decided to go for a jog to clear my mind.

jogging-at-night.png

While I was out jogging, I saw Kenize, who told me she was out jogging to clear her mind, too. I could relate.

mackensize-walking-at-night.png

We took a photo together and she actually smiled and waved at me, as we went our separate ways.

taking-a-photo-with-kenzie.png

I continued on my way, and then came back home and was so tired, I fell asleep in my clothes. And before I knew it, it was morning again.

dylan-falls-asleep.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Dylan actually got a pop-up to have Kaori come over after school, so that is why she was there.

KAORI-INVITE-OVER.png

This is the camping equipment that Dylan purchased for his mountain excursion. He already has the "rocks of fire" campfire, which he will be bringing also. All of these fit into personal inventory.

dylans-excursion-gear-for-trip.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 16: "Go big, or go home!"

LP5qU8z.png

Notes
    oFNJ58l.png
    Cale tanked down some Energy juice before working out the next morning. He wanted the extra kick to help keep training longer. Afterward, he went to the medium walls in the neighborhood for a climbing session.

alamCHD.png
    He had another set of perfect climbs and was totally pumped about it!

mHXTfui.png
    Climbing the walls increases the rock climbing skill, but it seems slower than I remembered. I've never had any of my Sims try the climbing machine, so I thought I'd have Cale give it a try to see if it was faster. Spoiler - it's not, it's slower. Anyway, I put a basement in the gym I'd placed in Newcrest and sent Cale there in the very early morning hours.

GHtrdqy.png
    He did very well on the vertical in easy mode and didn't fall even once.

UYcmvex.png
    Then he tried the incline mode, a medium challenge. He started out well, but...

C9HhW0T.png
    ...fell every single time. Not enough to hurt anything though, except his pride.

5qmOudz.png
    Cale decided the climbing machine just wasn't for him. He'd rather climb outside in the fresh air on real rocks.

WrqwVlx.png
    Since he was there anyway, he went upstairs and did some more boxing on the punching bag. The only other Sims there were vampires. That's Damon over there on the treadmill. Molly was there too wandering around in a towel, and just a couple of my own NPC vampires.

pqyP0ZR.png
    Back home, I extended Cale's shack by one tile length on the left side to make his bedroom bigger and give him a chess set to get focused before climbing.

h2XjDDW.png
    Soon it was time to harvest his garden and he got a fabulous surprise! The Orchid he'd grafted to get had finally grown! He planted it in the bedroom for now. Today is the last day of Fall in his world and he has over 10K again. I'll be building him a greenhouse tomorrow and a few other updates to his home.

mGULhHr.png
    Cale bought some rock climbing skill books to see if those increased the skill faster. They do, much, much faster than climbing the walls or using that machine. He's now reached Level 6 and is very close to Level 7. Let's go to the mountain Cale!

FMDCbSk.png
    When he got there, a blizzard was going on at the bottom of the ski lift. Maybe we should go home and try again tomorrow Cale.

8gYECBL.png
    It was even worse at the top, but Cale was determined to do this, slowly making his way toward the climbing walls. Cale? I can barely see you, are you sure about this Buddy?

(Yes! I need to practice in this kind of weather too.)
    Well, I guess you're right. There's no way to tell what the weather will be on the mountain when you go.

1G8p3TD.png
    He kept slipping though and I was afraid he'd fall and kill himself.
    (I'm fine Watcher, stop being such a worrywart! Just let me do this!)
    Okay, okay. Go for it Dude. *bites fingernails*

feYgaNx.png
    Once he got to the top though, Cale hesitated after getting a peek at the icy snow covering the surface of the rocks.
    (Okay, you win. No way am I going up there. There's a crust of ice on that snow.)
    Good, be careful, go slow on your way back down.
    (Yes Mother.)

t5k6bsi.png
    *GASP* Hold on Cale! He slipped multiple times on the way down and again I thought he was a goner.
    (I got this Watcher, chill Babe!)
    Babe?
    (ehehe Sorry.)

x29EwQt.png
    Slipping and sliding Cale finally made it safely down the walls and headed back down to the bottom of the lifts.

tpX8h22.png
    While he was walking back to the Onsen, to check out the cold food vending machine for harvestables (he got a grape), Cale ran into Joel and told him about his plans.
    "You're going to climb to the top? Seriously?"
    "You got it! That's the plan!"

B43F1l4.png
    "Now listen here, you're just a kid. Jon told me you've been training hard, but it takes a lot of strength, determination, skill and focused maturity to climb that mountain. I should know, I've done it a few times myself. It's dangerous up there. You'll face walls MUCH taller than anything you've ever climbed before, nasty blizzard conditions, deep snow and if you don't know what you're doing, you might die, no, you WILL die!. Don't try to go alone either. What makes you think you're ready?"

MKxwlbj.png
    "I know all that, I'm not naïve, trust me, why do you think I've been training so hard, I'm serious about this. I won't be careless. And I won't be going alone. I don't know who I'll take with me, but...HEY!"

L2KkHQt.png
    "Would you go with me? You've got the experience I need. You'd be perfect. I know we don't know each other very well, but we've spent time fishing together and I've seen how you are with your brothers. They look up to you and....so do I. So what do you think? Will you do it? Please?"

Uv9Yel2.png
    "I'd love to Cale."
    "Really? Wow, that's so cool!"
    "But there's one condition."
    "Anything, just tell me what it is and I'll do it."
    "You have to listen to me and do what I say. No arguments, no temper tantrums. You don't go wandering off on your own, we stay together. I'll let you lead since you need the experience. But if I tell you we should do something, you'll do it, no questions asked. Is it a deal?"

68feCy9.png
    "It's a deal! Oh man, thank you Joel. I'm so excited!"

5nzckJb.png
    "You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you for being my friend."
    "You're welcome Cale, you're a good kid. I think you're going places in life and I'm happy to help you get there."

htDyEQV.png
    "Let's do this!"
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"
    "So that's where Josh got that huh?"
    "Yeah, he likes to mimic his big brother."
    "Wish I had a big brother."
    "You do now Cale...not just me, Josh and Jon too. We'll all look out for you. Okay?"
    "Aww, man, don't make me cry, my face will freeze!"
    "hehe Nah, you won't cry. Anyway, call me soon little Bro, we'll get together and make some plans. I need to go now though. Catchya later."
    "See ya! And joel? Thanks! I'll never forget this."

I'll have to post comments/replies tomorrow morning. It's getting late for me and I have to go get some rest soon. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    (Will be playing daily image make up day tomorrow and possibly Tuesday. Will be getting my new computer put together Wednesday which means doing this all over again and may fall behind once more. But hopefully not too much as I have already.)

January 16th Comments:

@afai1261
    With all that drama of the uninvited visitor, it looked like Aaron needed time with Hunter. Hate to put it bluntly, but he soon was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for Hunter at the end. :joy:
    For some reason, I get a kick out of D.J. falling on his tooshie when walking. Not so funny when I do it, though.

@Shadami
    Velma is a great photographer, I bet....for tourism.
    Very cool skiing image. Looks like Velma is in the Olympics with that shot.

@SoulGal7
    Wow, Dylan is going to have a bookshelf of books he's swiping. :lol: Surprised he doesn't eat the food he steals...err...borrows.
    Oh, nice little side story to continue Dylan's history and bringing it up to date with the Sims who are after him.
    Wow. It was a Challenge Sims party over at the yard sale. Too bad my D.J. didn't stick around. I want him to have a Simmi collection in my gameplay. Too bad he didn't start one in yours. Was fun to see them all, though.

@permanentrose
    I'm glad I am having D.J. do some wall climbing before the actual rock climbing. I think his skill is at 4 or 5 right now. Can't wait to watch Robin do the mountain excursion for which I assume, she'll have Aimi go with her.
    I'm having a blast reading everyone's stories this time around...along with the daily images. I read them at work and then reply at the end of the evening at home. :grin: Will probably catch up on my daily images the next two days before falling behind again as I get my new computer set up. Looking forward to ditching this computer behind as it's been giving me problems last several months.

@Carebear92
    Poor Savannah and her depleting Needs. Hopefully she can set a routine to keep them in check.

@miss_eulenauge
    Yay. Was good to see Lucy smiling. Perhaps occupying herself with her homework helps?!

@RememberJoy
    "Let me kiss that booboo I accidently did!" as he plants her one on the lips. I like how Adam thinks. :blush: I like that he continues his yoga. He's max skilled in my game for that. I purposely cheated it cause I like how he's making it a thing in your gameplay. I'm going to have Adam play a big part in my second month in Windenburg. Just thought I'd let you know.

@lilypadmeulin
    Selena had every right to splurge and enjoy something. Especially after the evil vending machine encounter. And... roflmao :joy: at Yamachan raiding the fridge to bake (or cook). That is hilarious.
    Three cheers to Selena for getting a golden Simmi. And looking forward to seeing Chef Selena. Pretty sure Sofia and friends are just jealous of her cause of all the fun stuff she is accomplishing.

@Karababy52
    Weird. Wall climbing wasn't slow for D.J. It could have been his state-of-mind as well. I think most of the time, he's been inspired while doing it. I'm glad the skills books made it faster for Cale, though. Looking forward to his next excursion with a friend this time.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    It has been a very long road to get me to the point where I more commonly go hey I did this, and not be all I still need to do that. So I get what you're going through. :] I'm glad I could help! And thank you. I really hope this storm I'm in goes smoothly and passes quickly.

@permanentrose
    Thank you so much :D I'm really glad I have the energy to join this year. Last year I was at an incredibly low point, then I met my boyfriend on the 10th and my life has been filled with healing and happiness since, despite all the tears I've dealt with through it. I'm hoping to continue right through and join again next year as well. This is a really fun community challenge, and we have so many creative storytellers and Sim Creators, and builders. It's just beautiful.

@LegacySims2017
    That's why I chose that screenshot! xD I was really happy with how it turned out, and once in awhile I actually enjoy watching the olympics.
    Oh oops, I forgot to post a link to my blog post yesterday. New Cast Blog Post
    I meant to, cause I'm really excited that I went through and added everyone's sims to my game :D
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    January 17
    i1Ja8OhD_o.jpg
    Initially, he didn't want to call it a date. But looking back at it, that's exactly what it was. Aaron wanted to make up for all those days they'd missed out on being together, either due to Aaron's negligence or Hunter's slight flammability (now solved with that sunlight reversal cocktail), and so invited Hunter out to the park after school on Monday to work on yet another school project. It evolved into snuggling together on the bench and Aaron eventually feeling bold enough to tenderly kiss Hunter on the forehead. And although he certainly wanted to actually kiss Hunter, he wasn't sure what was holding him back. Maybe the Watcher was planning something. Something for a place more special than the park...
    ~~~
    yuuuup, this update is just more Aaron/Hunter content, sue me :D And super short story bit, I know :joy:
    DDkjwi5.png
    u2aqOIA.png
    u7VnBuF.png
    R8k8ndg.png
    Y74M687.png
    unZI6Cm.png

Oh also I finally gave Aaron an easel so now he can use painting for income :smiley: Only progress he's really going to make this update though lol
    Painting is actually one of the liked activities I gave him to begin with so good for his fun need.
    ol78Dyn.png

that's it, that's the update
    Next update will hopefully be a lot more interesting! :D This felt like a logical part to break it up though because although I could tack on tomorrow's update as part of today's, to me it just made more sense to cut it here :)and also I just couldn't be bothered writing any more story

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 17

kCQQ3Qu.jpg
    It was a rainy morning. Robin did some fishing and was in decent spirits about it.
    l282fQM.jpg

Pepper decided to sleep on the sidewalk in the middle of a thunderstorm, despite the fact that I have provided them with more than adequate shelter...
    TnQhQfN.jpg

The rain finally cleared up later in the afternoon. Robin called for a small grocery delivery, and it looks like Dylan has found himself a part time job :)@SoulGal7
    CYzrGWK.png

He was very kind and even carried it into the house for her.
    GqWR2wp.png

Robin's parents had raised her to always make sure to give generous tips, so she gladly tipped Dylan.
    3sdXDAS.png

He looks very flattered.
    N0e2a94.png

She made some chips and salsa with her fresh ingredients.
    dKVj8HC.jpg

Oh look, it appears that Cale and DJ are buddies in my game :)@LegacySims2017 @Karababy52
    FBjKRtX.jpg

Her social need was low again. Good thing she has a cute girlfriend she can invite over any time to fix that ;)
    iBnOf79.png

Also here's a view of her cute little bedside nook area.
    JwQryRT.jpg

And that night, some more fishing, since she's getting pretty good at it and it's becoming more lucrative. She had some company this time too.
    1wO9g1V.jpg
    @Shadami
    You're very welcome! :) Very cool you've put all our challenge Sims in your save now too! Hopefully some of them will show up while you play. I'm still waiting for any to show themselves in mine. Hopefully soon! :)

@Carebear92
    Bummer the sledding didn't increase her fun very much. Glad she had a nice chat with the new bartender. Did she help lift Savannah's mood? Hope so. I'm betting being able to buy a tent certainly did though. Great feeling when we can finally get to the point our R2R Sims can afford some kind of shelter for themselves eh? :)

@SoulGal7
    Gorgeous Daily post pic! Love StrangerVille for the gameplay, but the beautiful red rock world is what sold me on the pack right from the beginning.

Great idea doing a 'meanwhile' update to let us know what's going on with the Mob boss and his henchmen after Dylan. Clever using the Alto family lore weaved into Dylan's story. 'Buttheads'? HAHA! I love how you portray the way he talks to them, so funny, yet sinister. o.O Gah! Watch out Dylan, they're coming for you! Hopefully he evades them there until he moves again, or maybe this is the reason he does leave. Would be a clever segue. Love his office you found and updated too. Great update!

Aww, nice that Kaori came over for a short visit, too bad Dylan had to leave, but at least they have a date! :) Good idea using the yard sale table to make some simoleans. Very cool you had so many challenge Sims show up as a result. Hi Robin, DJ, Aldo and Kenzie! Cool Aldo stayed after the sale and they're friends now. Oh cool, then he sees Kenzie while jogging. Setting up for his next Bae perhaps? ;)

@miss_eulenauge
    Hang in there, hopefully things we'll work out soon for you and you can move on with your life the best you can, just like Lucy. :)

@permanentrose
    Thank you, I love that screenshot! Love how my Sims seem to show up everywhere. I only wish the challenge Sims would make an appearance. I haven't seen any of them anywhere yet. I guess I need to get Cale out to community venues more often. I tried with the gym in my latest update. But I think Cale was there at the wrong time for any teens to show up. I'll keep my eyes peeled though and hope to see some soon. Yep, Cale is getting there, just needs to skill up a bit more and he's ready.

Yes, Morrigan is Morgyn and Jessah's daughter, she's got a twin brother named Odin too. There won't be much of a romance with her really. He's just 'getting to know' some teens for later in the challenge. Unless, she ends up being the one he might settle down with in the future. She won't be his climbing buddy. If you've read my latest update, you'll know who he chose. I won't say just in case you haven't yet. :)

Ah, okay, I figured she did. Bums me out when something interesting happens, but you can't show it because the angle was wrong or you missed it for the screenshot. I've had that happen before. For instance, when Cale and Omoi were cloudgazing, that cat that follows Cale everywhere, walked right across his face! tried to get a screenshot, but it just looked odd with his paw sunk in Cale's face, so I didn't show it. LOL!

Oh yes, I remember Theo. Thanks for the explanation, she's very pretty! Okay, well that's good your Sims didn't get a negative moodlet or cursed from taking the forest spirits. Might have to have Cale try that now. I did that a few days ago, played a long time and had enough for three days worth of screenshots, but I've used them now, so latest updates are current gameplay.

Great shot of Robin catching that salmon. I LOVE those red trees in contrast with the green grass, such a pretty spot for screenshots eh? Robin's rainwear is so cute too! And look at that, she's smiling after catching a fish! :)

Oh Pepper, silly dog! Pets are so weird sometimes. It can be pouring down rain or a snowstorm and the dozen or so stray cats I take care of don't seem to care. They still come running to the deck when I go out to feed them instead of waiting until I put the food in the old dog pen we've set up for them. We put straw in what was our dog's house and the pen has a roof and cement flooring, keeps them warm and dry that way. But hey, who cares is their motto, we want the food now, here! hehe

Hi Dylan! Interesting who the game picks for the grocery delivery person eh? Well cool! Looks like at least Cale gets to meet some challenge Sims to be friends with in your save and others too. That's good. Hi DJ!

Yep, partners are great for increasing the fun skill eh? ;) Love that screenshot and her bedside nook area looks great! Okay, please don't take this the wrong way, but seeing that spirit hanging there...I don't think I'll have Cale collect any afterall. It looks so sad tethered there hanging by it's neck. I think they should be left to roam free in the forest. NOT judging at all, just my opinion. I can see how others would like to collect them, they are cute and it's kind of a tradition for Robin since Jules collected them too. I know, I'm being silly, it's just a game, they're not real, etc., but oh well... Hi Lydia! Nice of you to show up and keep Robin company. :)

@lilypadmeulin
    Oh man, good for Selena talking back to those bullies. Too bad it backfired. But she knew it would and doesn't care. I wouldn't either, people like that aren't worth her time and they're only doing it to try to get a rise out of her and make themselves feel powerful.

Glad you let Selena buy a snack, she does deserve it after all she's been through. Nice to treat them once in awhile eh? Yamachan! What are you doing? I have a suspicion I know what's going on. Do you have the Eco Living NAPs turned on? With NPC voting? If so, it looks like one of them has been enacted.

Love those school projects! Some of the things they make are very cool! Especially love the robot and the castle. Bonus they gain skills doing them too. Gold Pit Beast! Yay! Go Selena! Her little house is starting to look fantastic!

@LegacySims2017
    Inspired you say? Hmm, that's interesting. Focused is the best mood to climb the actual walls so I figured that would be the one for the climbing machine. I'll have to send him back there and try it. Thanks for the tip! :) This time? He hasn't went on an excursion yet, and they can't go alone anyway, the game won't let them. Guessing you might mean when he goes to practice climbing perhaps Joel will go with him? In that case, hadn't really planned on that, but might be fun to do for both of them.

@afai1261
    Hey, no worries about a shorter story, short or long, or none at all, it's all totally up to you and how you're feeling at the time. It was a very satisfying and enjoyable update despite you feel it was short. Absolutely love that screenshot of Hunter smiling so you can see his fangs! And especially love the one with Aaron kissing him on the forehead. Awww, such a sweet animation, I love it! <3

Congrats to Aaron for getting an easel to paint! Love all the paintings our Sims can do, and I probably make way too many of my Sims creative as a result, but meh. Great income, that's for sure! Not sure if I'll have Cale do that aspiration or skill this time though. I'm trying to avoid making too much money with him. At the end of the year with Essa, she and Josh had over 9 million simoleans! o.O It's not about the money though, so I guess it really doesn't matter. *shrugs*
    edited January 2022
    Jan 14 - First Date With Kaori

looking-around-the-restaurant.png
    Another school day, and immediately afterwards, I headed to Drama Club. While there, this happened...

DRAMA-CLUB.png
    ANSER-TO-PRINCIPLE-DRAMA.png
    promo-to-line-learner.png

I got a promotion because of it, and I am now a Line Reader! Sweet! However, I had been hit with another mood swing.

promo-for-dykan-to-line-reader.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The restaurant I was taking Kaori to was in the Senbamachi neighborhood, and the way my moods were acting up lately, I thought that a nice meditative walk in the Bamboo Forest before our date would help. Plus, it was within walking distance of the restaurant, so it was doable.

going-on-a-meditative-walk.png

As I walked in the Bamboo Forest, I put on my earbuds and listened to some Japanese folk music. Just the sound of it made me relax even more, and I kind of liked it.
    japanese-music-ues.png

these-things-again.png

I encountered those horrible bugs, but again shimmied past them.

And I saw some more of those spirits, and again, I received a gift. This time it was a rare simmi, Izzy Fabulous.

ge-gets-a-simmie-capsule-from-the-spirits.png
    rare-simmi-capsure-in-personal-inventory-what-could-it-be.png

done-mt-komorebi-sighseer.png
    aspiration-completed.png

I was done the walk, and I felt so much better. It was now time to head to the restaurant for my date. [Note: Congrats to Dylan for completing the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration.}

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I got to the restaurant, I wasted no time, and headed to the restroom, washed up and donned a kimono I had purchased for my date with Kaori. The restaurant was a new Sushi Restaurant, and I wanted to look my best for her.

japanese-rest.png

I waited outside, and from what I saw, the restaurant looked amazing. I hoped that the food would be as good.

1st-date.png

I spotted Kaori and she looked really nice for our date. She told me that she had to use the restroom and I went to request a table for us.

id-like-a-table-for-2.png

While I was waiting, I looked around the Hanamigawa Sushi Restaurant a bit.

inside-the-restaurant.png

There was a main open area, and beside the check in area was a separate dining area. And then I saw Kaori. She had changed into a kimono, too. Oh gosh! I had never seen her look more beautiful.

I asked the waitress to take a photo of the two of us near a wall with a tiger on it. I also took one of just the two of us.

taking-a-photo-together-in-rest.png

And in no time at all, our table was ready, and we were seated at a private table outside. This was perfect. After looking the menu over, our waitress arrived to take our order.

let-me-order-dylan.png

Kaori: "Let me order, for us, Dylan. I would like to have a poke bowl and a green tea. And Dylan would like the avocado roll and Sakura tea. Thank you."

Dylan: "Oh that sounds really good. I've never eaten sushi before. And what is Sakura tea?"

Kaori: "Sakura tea is a "Japanese infusion created by steeping pickled cherry blossoms with boiled water". Sometimes the effects of drinking Sakura tea can make you...um...quite relaxed...and...more romantic..."

Dylan raised his eyebrows, "So, you think I need to be more romantic? Perhaps you should have ordered some for both of us," I said teasingly, "But you know, I don't need Sakura tea to be romantic...especially around you..."

you-look-gorgeous.png

To prove my point, I blew Kaori a kiss, and we were both quite giddy after that.

well-at-least-kaori-thinks-this-is-funny.png

We chatted while we waited for our dinner, and I even told Kaori a few jokes. We were having a lot of fun. When our dinner arrived, it looked spectacular. The waitress even placed a candle on our table and a lantern behind us.

nice-dinner-poke-bowl-avacado-roll-sakura-tea-green-tea.png

I think I was talking the most, because I had hardly eaten my dinner and I noticed that Kaori was already done. Kaori was really easy to talk to, and I found myself falling hard for her.

eating-the-avocado-maki-roll.png

We laughed and chatted some more, and I really didn't want this date to end. But, it was getting late and we both had school tomorrow. I paid the bill and then escorted Kaori out of the restaurant, and gave her a kiss on the cheek good night.

a-nice-kiss-goodnight.png

I went back inside to use the facilities. Afterwards, I decided to explore the upstairs area. There were two rooms, one was an office, and the other was a room for private parties. It had a fireplace and was really nice.

upstairs-party-room.png

I headed downstairs, and turned to the right of the stairs, and there was a small sitting area. If I had known this was here earlier, Kaori and I could have sat here in private.

a-seating-area-near-stairs.png

I spied something on the table. It was a little Zen garden, and decided to "borrow" it as a souvenir of my first date with Kaori (worth $295 simoleons).

trnquility-of-zen-garden-205.png
    swiped-something-from-the-restaurant.png

The restaurant was still quite busy, and several tables had not been bussed. Maybe I was feeling a bit guilty about taking the little Zen garden, so I picked up some dishes and brought them back to the kitchen area. While I was there, I saw our waitress, and told her to give the chef my compliments on the wonderful dinner that we had.

dylan-redeeming-himself-by-cleaning-up.png

As I left the restaurant, I suddenly thought of Kaori, and all at once, I had such feelings of love. I figured that my feelings were amplified by the tea I had drunk, but it was still a wonderful feeling. And all the way home, it was like I was walking in the clouds thinking of our time together.

dylans-in-love.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Dylan gets a legendary date and a champagne bucket in his household inventory. Yes!

legendary-date.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Dylan has a few reward points, so I bought him the Always Welcome Trait (500 reward points), and the Shameless Trait (2,000 points). The Shameless Trait will help when he is with a lot of baes, for the 100 Bae Challenge. He has also mastered chopsticks, and has the Chopstick Savvy Trait.

Kaori actually asked Dylan on a date, but because Studio PBP is in Del Sol Valley, he couldn't go. So, he asked her on a date instead.

she-wants-to-go-on-a-date-but-out-of-this-world.png

Thanks to this simmer for creating this wonderful build. All of the "extra" builds have been placed in Newcrest; however, for story purposes, this restaurant is in the Senbamachi neighborhood. Halfway through the dinner, I added a candle on their table and a light near their table, as it was a bit dark for photos.

hanamigawa-sushi-bar-credit.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan14.jpg
    January 14: Take Another Hike!

Special Appearance By: Selena Lilly ( @lilypadmeulin )
    It's a cold but sunny Saturday and D.J. has no school or work. Most of the snow has melted away as well. D.J. gets to see some greenery again.

With his new job title when he was promoted, D.J. got the benefit of having both Saturdays and Sundays. This was good news for D.J. He had the weekends off now. He didn't realize it until today as well, that he got paid on his vacation day. D.J. is still broke with only 285 simoleons, but he is able to finish having his outhouse built finally. It was nothing fancy, but now he didn't have to run to the Lounge or Onsen to use the facilities.

dj-01-077.jpg
    dj-01-078.jpg

D.J wanted to do more hiking on the trails. There were no icy patches this time to slip and fall. He again packed up a couple sacked meals for his journey. He wanted to spend all day on the trails today. He meets up with Enele tomorrow to do some actual rock climbing.

dj-01-079.jpg
    dj-01-080.jpg
    dj-01-086.jpg
    dj-01-084.jpg
    dj-01-081.jpg
    dj-01-082.jpg
    dj-01-083.jpg
    dj-01-089.jpg

When D.J. arrived back to his tent at the end of the night, he felt emotionally mindful. This was the perfect Saturday. He also found 50 simoleons in his pocket he knew he didn't have before. He wondered if any of this had to do with the beautiful spirits that were floating around on his way back down the trail.

dj-01-085.jpg
    dj-01-087.jpg

Side Notes:
    I was so bummed. I thought I captured a screenshot with D.J. and the Forest Spirits. I found out, I did not. Hopefully he comes across more and I can get a screecap.

Good news! I did find the screenshot. I knew I made one. It was just hiding in my screenshot folder.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2022
    *edited my January 14th daily image post above for those who've already read it. New info in the Side Notes! :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 17th: Bonding by way of extreme sports

Today's Accomplishments:
    Endure an injury

QjkGHPB.png
    Today I met up with Kaori and Kiyoshi for some fun in the mountains.
    U0nX4dt.png
    We started off on the slopes, and because I was feeling overconfident I was able to sustain my first real injury.
    6gRVvAB.png
    8Zf2QPY.png
    Not really something I wanted to do, but it was inevitable. Kaori suggested we do something that wouldn't aggravate my injury, so we headed to the bunny slope to do a little sledding.
    VUVmAgd.png
    QjkGHPB.png
    So much for taking it easy, but we did have fun.
    1MlIrgD.png
    We were all feeling a bit hungry so I treated everyone to some tri-colored dango and we chatted for a bit.
    5oqwZl5.png
    Next we headed to the climbing walls for a little more practice, Kaori and Kiyoshi have both expressed an interest in joining me in my attempt to climb Mt. Komorebi, so we can all use it.
    HGPWMPp.png
    As the sun set and the moon began to rise I suggested we take a hike around the scenic trails before calling it a night. It was a beautiful night for a stroll, and we had a good time chatting while taking in the sights.
    1B85h7v.png
    YQrOvhr.png
    By the end of our walk we all agreed we felt closer for the experience. Before returning home I stopped back at the gym for a little more climbing.
    hAiu90O.png
    I was successful in beating the record time for the endurance challenge and was feeling so confident I bought four simmis, three of which were golden. Wow, what an amazing day!
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Slightly late, but oh well :) Had a good, though really exhausting day... And I really enjoy this method of storytelling, even if it ends up always just being 1 single photo.
    January, Day 17 - "You're safe now, I'll watch over you..."
    01-12-22-6-54-29-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @lilypadmeulin
    Great to see you back posting with Selena! I'm assuming that Sofia is Sofia Bjergsen? Too bad Selena is struggling with bullies - hopefully she will make some friends soon! Her house is coming along too! And definitely a funny moment with Yamachan coming in to make a cake at her house haha.

@SoulGal7
    Dylan and Kaori are sweet together! I wonder if they will last though, or if bad boy Dylan will end up being more of the serial romantic type haha. And there's my Robin! So fun to see so many challenge sims in your update!

Nice job completing the Sightseer aspiration! Very sweet for Dylan to take Kaori on a date, and nice that you made the venue a restaurant too. That's one pack I still don't have haha. It looks like it was a nice date, and nice job having him swipe an item without getting caught ;) It's funny that sometimes he steals dirty dishes though :D Oh nice, you are doing a serial romantic challenge with Dylan. I think that will be a fun challenge! I kind of wish I was stepping outside my comfort zone and playing a sim would could have 100 babies or baes, but it doesn't seem like Robin's personality to do either haha. So I will just enjoy watching you guys do it :)

@Karababy52
    Look at Cale's muscles!! He's definitely getting even more buff as he does this aspiration! Oh nice, you've grafted an orchid! That's gonna be a lucrative crop! Wow, 10k...Robin has like 1k on a good day haha, but then I end up going through that fast :D One day, she'll get solidly on her feet. And nice, Joel will be a great buddy for Cale on his mountain excursion! Robin is getting close to getting her rock climbing skill up high enough to embark on her excursion and I bet you can all guess who she'll be taking with her ;) Nice angle with your high five pic there too! The sky is pretty too!

I have so few sims in this save which is why I think I'm seeing your sims fairly often. Since I use that no random mod, the game has no choice but to spawn your sims fairly often. The little forest spirit dolls aren't meant to be the actual forest spirits - they are a gift from the spirits, at least that's how I always interpreted it haha. I think the pop up that accompanies calls them a gift. The white one that Robin got does look rather sad though. Jules got a yellow one for Ruby and it was smiling. I think each color has their own facial expression though.

@LegacySims2017
    Yeah, the plan is for Aimi to join her on the excursion - she's not quite ready yet, so that's a few updates away. I don't think there's anyone else significant enough in her life right now to do the climb with, so it will probably just be Aimi and her.

Nice to see you back with a daily post - though DJ looks like he's having a rough time poor guy. An outhouse is a great addition to his home lot haha. Nice to see Selena pop up in your game too!

@afai1261
    Aw, super cute daily pic. Love seeing their romance progress. Aaron does know Hunter is a vampire, right? Sorry if I missed that haha. Painting will be a great hobby for Aaron too! Good paintings sell well on plopsy too.

@Shadami
    Can't wait to see if our sims show up in your game! I added Velma to my game too!

@miss_eulenauge Very sweet pic of Lucy and Laika sleeping <3
    edited April 2023
    I should be able to catch up on comments today :)
    January 18
    BOsgoK5g_o.jpg
    Although he had hated fitness for pretty much his whole life, Aaron found, most surprisingly, that he was starting to enjoy the early morning jogs that he had begun doing as simple preparation for climbing to the peak of Mt Komorebi. He'd need plenty of stamina to achieve those goals, as well as train in rock climbing. He began to feel better about himself and how his body looked - his gender dysphoria had always been a barrier to that ever since he had first realised he was trans and although he had had top surgery, he still didn't feel comfortable enough to completely remove his shirt when he was around others, the reason he always wore a tank top even in the onsen. He wasn't even comfortable doing it when around Hunter, and Hunter was the one person he trusted the most. Hunter liked him enough that it wouldn't be a barrier, right? He decided not to let the anxious thoughts eat him up and instead focused on producing some paintings.

Winterfest was coming up at the end of the week and Aaron knew he wanted something personal and special to give to Hunter. The only problem was that he didn't know what Hunter would like... He laughed to himself as he settled on a figure drawing - he'd always been good at that. And he was certain that Hunter would appreciate anything hand crafted, and especially a piece of artwork.

Hunter began coming over regularly in the evenings after school, and they'd chat and flirt for a few hours until Aaron inevitably had to go to bed and Hunter would leave, promising to come back the next day. Aaron would paint, Hunter would talk, and once in a while Aaron would just wonder why he hadn't kissed the boy already. But maybe taking it slow was a good thing.

He finished Hunter's gift on Friday evening, the night before Winterfest, then set it aside and began another painting, this time to sell. It was far too cold now to catch fish and his apple trees were out of season, so this would be the best he could do until the snow and ice thawed and spring began. Reflecting, he realised that he could have made some sort of shelter for his plants. Maybe for next winter.

Winterfest dawned, clear and crisp, and as soon as Aaron awoke he made to invite Hunter over to give him his gift.
    "I'm sorry I don't have a tree or anything," he apologised when Hunter arrived. "I think the Watcher is a bit stingy..."
    Hunter reassured him that it was fine, saying the decorations on the outside of his little house were festive enough. "But I didn't get you anything!" he protested when Aaron presented the gift with a flourish. "Ohhhh, I'm the worst..."
    Aaron shook his head. "Just take it! The gift of your company is enough."
    "Okay, now that's cheesy," Hunter replied, grinning.
    "You loved it though," Aaron said with a wink.
    "Maybeeeee," Hunter laughed as he received the gift and opened it. "Oh wow, how long did you spend on this?" He almost gaped at the strong lines of the naked masculine form. "This is incredible."
    Aaron went bright red. Trying to keep his blushing under control, he said, "Not as long as you might think. The time I spent on it just flew by."
    Hunter pulled him into an embrace that was comforting and warm. "I love it, thank you."

~~~
    So although Aaron started off disliking fitness, I think as he goes through the challenge I'll get rid of that dislike and make him neutral towards it, then perhaps he can like it at some point. I think that'll show some character development which is always fun :smiley:
    Especially with how he looks now after using the rock climbing wall... no spoilers though :joy:
    3WKgypM.png

Hunter's gift :smirk:
    Yjf2CtF.png

The cute boy comes over every single day, it's great :D
    646xAPc.png
    gIVUj2P.png

Oh yeah, here is Aaron's shack, now with a roof :smiley: And as you can see all 8 apple trees are fully grown now which I am excited about (well when they can actually start producing again!) Yes, I still haven't gotten rid of the gnomes. They can haunt the lot forever for all I care lol
    JdtwkZi.png

Aaron reached level 5 painting the day before Winterfest
    HSDaKUt.png

Wow, decorations!
    siUbAeW.png

Hunter did love the gift and celebrated with confetti :smiley:
    Y8y1wvk.png
    VLVO1CV.png
    rjgSUOn.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    Comment Time. Hope everyone has a great day/night:

@LegacySims2017
    Jan 14 - Love the daily pic - that bug almost matches DJ's clothing. lol Yeah for an outhouse and DJ even got some toilet paper! hehe Oh and his deterrent came in handy to get rid of that bug. Nice he saw Selena at the temple. I love those forest spirits, and have been lucky with what they have given Dylan. And so glad that DJ got some extra simoleons, he certainly needs it.

@permanetrose
    Jan 16 - Ahhh such a cute shot of Pepper and Robin out for a walk. And she sees Vampirilla Essa in the Onsen. Wow! And Robin is already climbing the medium rock wall in Senbamachi. And Aimi looks like a good climber, too. Poor girl being forced to fish as a mermaid. And she gets one of the spirits as a souvenir. Cool.

Jan 17 - Wow! Now that was a great catch! Love Pepper being able to sleep in the middle of the road in a thunderstorm. lol And look at Dylan, a grocery delivery clerk. How sweet of Robin to tip him so generously. Cool that DJ and Cale are buddies. I actually placed them in the same house together in Dylan's world. That is such a nice pose with Robin and Aimi. I really like these two together. I really have to get Dylan out fishing, but he's too busy trying to get his skills up in rock climbing, etc. Is that Lydia in the last shot fishing with Robin? lol

@afai1261
    Jan 17 - Nice shot of Aaron and Hunter and later on, I adore that forehead kiss. Hey no worries about the kiss on the lips, because Dylan is a cheek kisser right now. hehe And the easel, yes, that's a mega simoleon maker for sure. Nice update and glad Hunter can get out in the sun!

@Shadami
    Jan 15 - Nice shot of Velma in her kimono taking a photo of the temple. It’s funny that you think that Kiyoshi is wishy washy because when I was doing this challenge last year with my sim, Sakura Li, he was like that with her. And he had that adventurous trait and was always bored. lol Nice that Velma is singing for tips at the lounge, and did some touristy things.

Jan 16 - Nice to read the update. I know you had mentioned something on the site to Karababy52 about your rags to riches rules, but I guess it gives an extra challenge to the challenge lol Love those simstagram posts she does. And she gets to do some skiing and hiking. Love that the other challenge teens are being added to your story. I added Velma last night, so hopefully we will see her in my game as well soon.

@RememberJoy
    Jan 17 - Sorry that Adam got injured snowboarding...but then again, he needed it for the aspiration. Sheesh! And those sledding animations are so funny. Love the shot of the moon with Adam, Kaori and Kiyoshi. Nice that they will all go on the mountain trek together. And Adam is such a keener, doing the rock climbing wall alone. And congrats on getting those simmis. Woot! Nice!

Jan 16- Oh gee, poor Adam social needs low and almost broke again. Nice that Kaori filled up his social needs for him. :heart: I have a question about the yoga class, since I haven't done that aspiration. Do you need to buy yoga mats for everyone, or do they just show up with their own? And those forest spirits didn't give you anything? Oh geez...you need it so much! And even in the dark, Adam is working on that rock climbing skiil.

@Karababy52
    Day 16 - Cale is looking buff. Nice shots of Cale on the rock climbing wall. I love the one on the rock wall where he is looking at you with one hand out. Great shot on that one. Yes, it just seems to go so slowly with that skill. Glad that you compared the 3 ways to see which one gained skill faster. What a horrible day to rock climb the medium rock wall, and I bet it was icy, too. Did Cale buy his rock climbing equipment yet? Nice work on getting some simoleons for him. Dylan is still happily hoarding funds from those Judith Ward autographs. lol And so cool that he and Joel will be heading to the mountain together and that he has been "adopted" as an honorary brother.

@lilypadmeulin
    Jan 8 - Love that shot of Selena climbing the vending machine. Don't we all have that one! Right? So what's up with Sofia? Geez! I think there's a misunderstanding going on here. Glad Selena got some food from the vendor. And Yamachan making some white cake? lol Maybe he was making Selena a snow "white" cake. hehehe

Jan 9 - That's so sad about Sofia and her groupies making fun of Selena. Don't worry about them, Selena. Glad she got some more simoleons to work on her house, and it is looking rather nice.

@miss_eulenauge
    Day 16 - Lucy is looking pretty confident in that photo. This must be one of the lots you downloaded in Newcrest. Nice. And I hope that whatever you are going through, don't feel that you are not doing great here. You are! This whole challenge last year started out as a 1 Photo a Day challenge. It would certainly make my life easier if I stuck to just one photo. lol I understand how you are feeling, and I think that we've all gone through things in our lives that were difficult, but keep believing in you and know that you will get through whatever it is you're dealing with. I always felt that listening to a happy song or your favorite song will give you a boost. As for Lucy...she is a great sim. Aside from Aaron greeting Dylan in Senbamachi, Lucy was the other sim who came out to greet him. So, don't worry, Lucy is already in my story and I just love her!

@Carebear92 -
    Day 2 - Nice that Savannah has a job, and even got a tip from playing piano. Bummer about the school day and that horrid vending machine. But at least she got her BLT sandwich. Day 3 - Grabbed Savannah from the gallery and she is now in my game. So happy she got some simoleons to purchase a tent. A tip...at the bar, save your simoleons and get some free chips, or the dango from the food vendor which is just $2 simoleons. The first days of rags to riches are always tough, with needs plummeting a lot. I don't blame Savannah for taking a vacation day to get her needs on track again. And congrats on her promotion! That is a good amount of simoleons that she is making per hour.
    @permanentrose
    @afai1261
    Aw, super cute daily pic. Love seeing their romance progress. Aaron does know Hunter is a vampire, right? Sorry if I missed that haha. Painting will be a great hobby for Aaron too! Good paintings sell well on plopsy too.
    I love how their relationship is unfolding too. When I started this challenge I had someone completely different in mind for Aaron but Hunter was the one who showed up at the lounge and came over to Aaron all on his own. Fun to see who sims choose.
    Yes, he does know Hunter is a vampire. Story-wise, I wrote him as always subconsciously knowing that something was different about him but that he never fully realised or thought about it until he saw Hunter burning in the sun that one time. And he knows in game too :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Jan 16- Oh gee, poor Adam social needs low and almost broke again. Nice that Kaori filled up his social needs for him. :heart: I have a question about the yoga class, since I haven't done that aspiration. Do you need to buy yoga mats for everyone, or do they just show up with their own? And those forest spirits didn't give you anything? Oh geez...you need it so much! And even in the dark, Adam is working on that rock climbing skiil.

Thanks for the kind words :smiley:

To answer your question no, there is a teacher yoga mat that if you buy you can place down and start a yoga session. Everyone that joins the class will spawn there own mat. If you place a teacher mat in a build and put mats around it, the students will use those mats. I hope that answers your question.
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan15.jpg
    January 15: I Believe I Can Fly!
    D.J. really enjoyed his all day hike yesterday. And today, Enele is going to take him actual rock climbing, no indoor wall climbing apparatus. D.J. is emotionally prepared for this now because of his hike. It's nice and early in the morning, around 8:00am. D.J. makes his way to the Hazakura Lounge for a bite to eat for breakfast. Afterwards, he's left with only 166 simoleons. Even though he is employed, he feels broke. However, he arrived in Mt. Komorebi with 0 simoleons and now he has a tent and outhouse of his own.

dj-01-088.jpg

At the Lounge, some of the elders were preparing to go ice swimming since the Wakaba's River isn't frozen over, but still very chilly. It's a tradition they do every winter. Most of the elders were acquaintances with D.J. since he stops by the Lounge all the time. They've gotten to know and vice versa. Today he's learned a little more about them.

D.J. asked if he could tag along and they happily invited him. He was also told to bring his swim trunks as he'll be participating with them, not just watching. D.J. was intrigued but also nervous. He's never did anything like this before. He's heard about a polar plunge and never felt gutzy to take part. But there you just jump in cold water, not swim around.

At the Wakaba's River, all the elders changed into their swimwear and started jumping into it and swimming around laughing and splashing each other. D.J. thought these Sims were nuts. Maybe they didn't care because their lifespan is up and they don't know when they're going to meet the grim reaper. But D.J. knew he was only a teenager and had a full life ahead of him. He didn't want to freeze to death. The others eagered him to change and join them. D.J. considered this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. So, he did it.

He did it, but did not like it. D.J.'s body shivered in the river. He was so cold.

dj-01-090.jpg

After about an hour of swimming and talking trying to keep their minds off the coldness, it was time to move to the Onsen. Showers were taken by all and then relaxation in the hot springs. D.J. was honored to have taken part in one of the elder's traditions.

dj-01-091.jpg

After lunch, Enele texted D.J. to meet him at the top of the intermediate ski slope. He asked D.J. if he bought skis yet, for which D.J. said he did not. Enele admitted he was keeping tabs on D.J. and knew he liked the borrowed skis last time when he talked to the attendant. Enele gifted D.J. with a pair of Max's SlopeMaster 3000 Skis. Enele thanked D.J. for allowing him to train him in rock climbing and skiing. And also for keeping his promise to practice.

Now Enele wanted to see what D.J. could do on the bigger slopes. D.J was nervous of course, but he put himself into his mental state when he was emotionally mindful during his hiking. He looked all the way at the bottom of the slope and took a big gulp and pushed himself forward. He was soon skiing down the slope. He hears Enele yell from behind him, "Take that jump!" D.J. swerved so his skis were in line with the jump. He took a deep breath as he left the jump. D.J. was flying in the air. He couldn't believe it.

But what goes up, must come down. D.J. started descending. He positioned himself in hopes to land on two skis and not his tooshie or his head. Amazingly, D.J. stuck the landing.

dj-01-092.jpg

Before he could think, he had hit another jump and was in the air again...

dj-01-093.jpg

...and landing on both feet. Adrenaline was running through D.J.'s body at this point.

dj-01-094.jpg

D.J. finished with a solid finish.

dj-01-095.jpg
    dj-01-098.jpg

Enele was right behind him cruising down the slopes much faster than D.J. had been. D.J. knew if Enele and him were racing side by side, he would have lost.

dj-01-096.jpg

Enele didn't think they needed to do another run. He was very impressed how D.J. stuck both landings. It was time to climb some rocks. Near the slopes were areas where rock climbing was available to get to a higher level of ground. Enele thought this would be the perfect spot to see how well D.J. does.

Enele told D.J. climbing gear will be important for the excursion and possibly for practicing. He first wanted to see D.J.'s skills at it to determine if they need to wait on the practicing after his first climb attempt. They borrowed helmets where skis and snowboards were also borrowed out.

D.J. used the adrenaline he had with skiing, but also tried to get his emotions in tact like he had after hiking and just during skiing moments ago. He found grooves in the rocks and started the climb. At one point he almost slips, but catches himself. Finally, he reaches the top.

dj-01-097.jpg
    dj-01-099.jpg
    dj-01-100.jpg

Enele told him to do it again, but less cautiously. And so D.J. does. D.J. did not fall once. Enele wanted to up the training at this point and said he would race D.J. up the climb. Of course, Enele succeeded up first all the time, but D.J. moved quicker this time around. Many times he almost lost his balance.

dj-01-101.jpg

That evening, Enele invite D.J. back to his house for dinner. D.J. was happy to see Enele's wife again and finally meet Derumk, their son. He recognizes Derumk from school by face only. He's one of the bad boys in school. Gets into a lot of trouble with other kids by starting fights. But he seemed so cool at home, almost like the totally opposite. D.J. doesn't bring up school at all to avoid that type of conversation. Instead, he enjoys the meal that Nawai had made.

After awhile, D.J. noticed the time and extended a heartfelt thank you and mentioned he couldn't wait to climb Mt. Komorebi with them in a week's time.

dj-01-102.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    I did a blog post for today but will have to share link and a picture from it later when I can get back to my computer. I'll also reply to comments then :D so I can properly tag and everything xS love seeing everyone's updates
    January - Day 17: "Bye Bye Shack, Hello Greenhouse and more..."

wqcm7Pf.png

Notes
    ldsyXUX.png
    The main goal was to build Cale a greenhouse. But he decided to do some major improvements to the entire house too. So with the help of the Hunter boys and Essa, he sunk another 7K into it. However, most of the budget went towards the greenhouse. The Daily post pic is the front, here's the right side.

mVtHMKO.png
    Back view. Just a side note, he still only has the one tree, but it was moved to the front yard. I didn't see any sense in putting anymore landscaping than that since it's Winter now and everything would just look dead.

cw9X6Jb.png
    And the left side. Looking at this I see I need to fix up the roof eaves. Opps!

0MWPGFS.png
    Overhead view of the entire layout.

z6tH9iS.png
    Overhead of just the greenhouse.

qLOoweG.png
    Cale's punching bag was moved inside to the greenhouse so he can workout in comfort. All the wall plants and other potted plants were a gift from Essa to help spruce up the place a bit. Cale could've done without them, I mean, it's just more to water. But he thought it was sweet of her to give them to him anyway. He's reached Level 8 in Fitness now.

ZWcouJ8.png
    Bit closer view of the sunken area for the apple and pear trees. Love platforms give us this ability instead of resorting to the tallest walls.

MvEHq58.png
    Overhead of the bathroom remodel. He has a walk-in shower now! I had a double small window in the shower stall, but he couldn't get to the shower with it there, so compromised with that small one from IL.

LfKOuQe.png
    Overhead of the remodeled kitchen. Got rid of the dining table in favor of two island counters. Added another counter and shelving above the windows. Oh and he actually bought that bamboo plant himself. Can't really get a proper look at all these rooms with just an overhead view, but rather than take a bunch of screenshots, I figured y'all would be seeing his home in my updates anyway. :)

rj1EsRz.png
    Overhead of the bedroom/living area. Cale's got a double bed now, loveseat and a small table for his laptop. Still just candles for lighting. It's a bedroom, supposed to be a bit darker, right? Oh a new rug too I resized using T.O.O.L. Resized the rug under the barstools in the kitchen/dining room as well. I LOVE T.O.O.L.!

ZCtAlGY.png
    Cale took a break from working out to study the second rock climbing skill book. He's still Level 6, but getting closer to 7! I want him to reach at least Level 8 before doing the mountain excursion.

KhFzLEP.png
    Cale left the room to use the bathroom and Nalani waltzed right inside and went in his bedroom to complain about his little TV! How dare you?

5EXmfBm.png
    Go home dear, maybe YOU can afford a nice TV and have time to watch it, but it's none of your business whether Cale can or not. You're more than welcome to visit Cale's bedroom in a couple months though. Ooo, mermaid baby!

6DGL6aV.png
    Much later after tending to the garden again, grabbing a bite to eat and a shower, Cale was back in the bedroom studying again. What's with the smug look there Buddy?
    (Oh nothing, just happy for everything that happened today, the Greenhouse, the house remodel, Essa's nice gifts, among other things I needed.)
    *snicker* You're welcome Cale, enjoy! ;)

Wow, y'all been busy while I was building all day! I'll get started on comments/replies, but might not finish before I need to go to bed. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited January 2022
    Sadly, I lost internet connection about an hour after my last daily image update. Internet is still down. Using my phone service for this post. Going to bed soon, so will have my daily updates for January 17th a bit later.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Okay I know there's more I need to comment on but this is all I could manage, I keep losing focus and it's really bad :sweat_smile:

@LegacySims2017
    Day 13: awesome update and great pictures of DJ in his kimono :)

@Karababy52
    Day 14: Ooh, a cute teen for Cale, I see ;)
    Ha, Aaron was at a lot with a computer (he still doesn't have one of his own) and all he wanted to do was troll teh forums too :D
    Cale is very forward with Wynter, wow!
    First kiss already! I feel like I'm taking Aaron and Hunter way too slow now lol
    Lol the attempt to seduce interaction is always so ridiculous but I make my sims do it all the time anyway :joy:

Day 15: That daily pic... I have no words, that is an exceptional screenshot! Awesome!
    Cale looks very happy to have conquered those walls!
    :joy: "are you flirting with me Watcher?" wow Cale you need to calm down hahaha

@permanentrose
    Day 14: Ugh that giant bug gives me the creeps. Nice to see Selena and Cale though!
    Oh yeah, the motive trails... A few days after they first met, Hunter actually invited Aaron to them but I declined because I knew it'd end up awful for his needs. Poor Robin, but glad that she had her book.
    Nice to see that Aimi could make Robin not so lonely ;)

Day 15: Congrats to Robin for completing her first aspiration!
    Classic vampire attack... Pepper! Love those photos of her checking the house and standing guard over Robin

@RememberJoy
    Day 14: Great progress with Adam. Love those first person shots! I should use first person mode more often.
    That looks like some intense skiing!

@Shadami
    Welcome to the challenge and lovely to meet Velma! Read through all of your blog posts. I won't comment on them all individually, but I have to say I love how you're making some of the screenshots be instagram posts and how Velma is broadcasting her journeys.

@SoulGal7
    Day 10: Looks like a lovely day for a hike!
    Oh hello Aaron! I think it's so cool that he and Dylan are friends in your game :smiley: Oh nice that Dylan invited him to go skiing!
    Wow Dylan got $1000? That's incredible!
    Sweet moment with Kaori in the onsen <3

Day 11: Ooh, Dylan's joining drama club? Fun!
    Cool that he got a gold simmi. Aaron still hasn't lol
    Ack, there it is again - the murderous vending machine! Oh wow 13 in a row? What a generous vending machine actually haha if it gave him 13 before finally deciding to die :D

@Skeilah
    Day 15: Cute toddlers!

Day 16: Bryon's garden does look lovely! Haha at 'Beardrey' :D

@miss_eulenauge
    Ah, poor Lucy, and I sincerely hope you'll be okay soon!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top