Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Spend Your Satisfaction Points?

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I hardly ever use any of them and I'd never ever use the need based ones.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I always add the Observant trait first. I love that one. It lets you find out all the other Sims traits when you greet them with a friendly introduction. Then I start saving up my first 2000 points to add the Morning Sim and Night Owl traits because they give a boost to skill learning. After that, I usually always add to all my Sims the Always Welcome, Heat & Cold Acclimations, Gym Rat, and Speed Reader.

For Potions I usually buy the retraiting or insta-lean ones. I also buy the hygiene and energy ones if my Sim is going camping or on a vacation and keep it in my inventory along with tents and the camping cooler.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I usually forget about them, which is silly since I play with whims on. When I do remember, I usually give them gym rat, free services, frugal, and entrepreneurial. If they make stuff, then creative visionary. Mermaids usually get Ice Proof so they can go swimming in winter without dying.

I rarely use the potions, although in my current family I’ve started using the moodlet solver when one person’s needs are lagging and I want the family to do something together. Sometimes I’ll use Potion of Youth so that spouses can age together.

I don’t like using the ones where their needs never decay, especially sleep. I like making my sims take care of themselves, and honestly don’t know what to do with them for the extra time.

Money trees are only used once my family has 1) maxed out their career and 2) bought all the stuff they need. If they then need extra cash to buy some real estate, they can find it with a money tree since they’ve already put in the career work. Or spellcasters, since they’re basically able to use magic to cheat everything anyway.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Always welcome- I like my Sims to be able to feel at home at the houses of their friends and family.

Observant- I like to know Sims traits and I hate having to ask.

Gym rat- depending on the sim.

Money tree- if i need my sim to be rich

Moodlet solver- use it before events
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I always use Observant and Incredibly Friendly. Those are always my main ones. I never use any of the need-based ones. It makes the game too boring for me. The rest depend on the sim. If my sim is ambitious, I'll give them the Entrepreneurial trait. If they're a creative sim, I'll give them Marketable or Creative Visionary.

I rarely use any of the potions because I use UI cheats and just cheat. I'm not strict with myself when it comes to cheating.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2022
    Reward Traits that my Sims get are these in roughly this order:
    - Frugal
    - Always Welcome
    - Antiseptic
    - Speed Reader
    - Storm Chaser
    - Entrepreneurial (for young adults)
    - Brave
    - Cold Acclimation or Heat Acclimation depending on the Season
    All of my Sims start in Tier 1 or Tier 2 Tiny homes so, between the skill buff from living in a tiny home plus skill buffs from lot traits, they don't need to buy reward traits that boost skills anymore.

The Re-Traiting potion is the only one that I buy. I only buy this one when a Sim ages up from Teen to Young Adult and one of their traits doesn't mesh with their personality anymore. I have used the Insta-Large and Insta-Lean potions on one or two Sims for fun. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like giving one reward trait at Young Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's childhood, one reward trait at Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's young adulthood, and the Observant trait at Elder. I never use the potions. I've thought about one Potion of Youth partway through university, but that makes things complicated for the rest of the household/households.

In my current game:
    Armando López (introverted writer) Creative Visionary
    Sierra López (eco innovator and fabrication enthusiast) Frugal
    Akira Kibo- Night Owl
    Miko Ojo- Great Kisser
    Arun Bheeda- Mentor
    Jesminder Bheeda- the drink quality one
    Salim Benali- Great Storyteller
    Tanvi Savalani (random townie who married Salim, a genius Renaissance Sim)- Observant... I'll have to pick something else when she becomes an elder I guess.
    Raj Rasoya- Mentor
    Anaya Jang- Carefree
    Baako Jang- Shameless
    Billie Jang- Speed Reader
    Sai Savalani (Tanvi's child, a Komorebi geek who married Miki Akiyama)- Cold Acclimation
    Penny Pizzazz- Entrepreneurial
    Bess Sterling- Free Services
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I like giving one reward trait at Young Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's childhood, one reward trait at Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's young adulthood, and the Observant trait at Elder. [...]
    I like the idea of using bonus traits to simulate maturity. I might adopt that for adults, to better differentiate them from young adults, and then again for elders.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    If I remember to use them at all I go for Always Welcome, sometimes Speed Reader or Creative Visionary. I don't bother very often.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Often times I'll cheat points to sims who earn them that I like enough, I really only care about always welcome, the moodlet solver, potion of youth and the retrait one the longer you have sims the more these might matter.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I use a handful often depending on the sim.

I always try to get
    -frugal
    -always welcome
    -storm chaser

I like to use depending on who I am playing
    -observant
    -creative visionary
    -marketable
    -really any of the ones that are increase profit or help a skill

I never use the needs based ones except maybe occasionally steel bladder.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I like giving one reward trait at Young Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's childhood, one reward trait at Adult birthday based on the events of the sim's young adulthood, and the Observant trait at Elder.
    I really like your approach regarding adding them at specific stages of a Sim's life. That is something I never thought doing even though I'm similarly sparse as to how many of the reward traits I will add per Sim.

Thank you for sharing here, because I think I'm going to adopt a similiar approach.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Depends on the save. My Ultimate Sims get them all, starting at Never Weary and moving down. After that, it's potions that usually just end up in storage. Just like all the CelebuSerums. But, they're there if I need them! In a normal, aging on save, I pick what fits the sim. All created YAs get the Parenthood traits, then I do things like weatherproofing them and increasing skill gain. Then I decide based on who the sim is - Creative Visionary gets used a lot, as does Marketable. And probably a few others I can't think of right now. Potions get purchased after that too, especially to use up the points an elder has before death. Might throw a kelp or money tree seed into storage as well, depending on points.

All my sim families get a money tree. Just one. Unless I need them to be poor for some reason. I just like playing well to do families that can purchase what they need when they need it. Most of their money just sits in household funds until it maxes out lol.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I rarely use rewards. I use the Moodlet Solver when the game is bugged and gives a Sim a moodlet that Sim shouldn't be getting. I occasionally remove a fame quirk that doesn't suit a particular Sim. I also have modded versions of the reward traits, so sometimes my Sims get one as one of their three traits.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Forgot to add: Thanks to MCCC, any offspring also has a chance to get those traits as well - Never Weary toddlers are interesting, let me tell you. :lol:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited January 2022
    It depends on the Sim. My mostly used ones are Savant and Super Green Thumb. I also use Gym Rat, Shameless and Incredibly Friendly a lot.
    Sims who live in Brindleton Bay usually all get Storm Chaser traits as soon as possible because it's a thunderstorm city and my Sims are otherwise scared and tense all the time.
    Other ones I use often are Speed Cleaner and Mentor.
    The rest of them I only use occasionally and whatever suits for a Sim's personality, for example Beguiling for my serial romantics and Needs No One for loners.
    I don't like to use the ones that make Sims needs decay slower. When I started playing Sims 4 I used to give my Sims Never Weary traits and I regret it now. I do like to tend their needs on my own.
    I don't think I've never used Connections.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited January 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    But why don’t they have a never die of laughter potion? That is something a lot of my sims would have, since I think it is one of the stupidest things in the game.

I wonder if having a hysterical sim drink a couple of the other mood potions would help dillute the hysterical mood? 🤔

I’m sure it probably would, but you have to keep buying and using the mood potions whereas Never weary and potions like that last forever. I want my sims to never have to worry about dying of laughter. It is much easier believing a sim could die of anger, or die of hunger than having a sim die of laughter. I have never had a sim die of an emotional death, but I am also careful for them not to tell too many jokes and things. But that is really sad, if you have a sim you want to be a real jokester, to have to worry about them dying that way. It just doesn’t make sense..
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I often forget it's there. My current sim has a ridiculous amount of points after completing about 20 aspirations. When I do use the reward store it is mostly for traits. I like steel bladder, morning sim, night owl and creative visionary. After reading through this thread, I think I might add storm chaser to the list.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    So far, I use Frugal the most, with Quirk-Be-Gone on its heels. I don't need the potions because that's a perk of my Sim's celebrity status. I generally look for a reward that's going to be very useful to my Sim and/or the situation.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2022
    Which rewards are must haves for you and which would you never purchase for your Sims?

Instant Fun Instantly fills the Fun Need!

Instant Hygiene Instantly fills the Hygiene Need!

Confident Potion
    Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Confident!

Energized Potion Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Energized!

Flirty Potion Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Flirty!

Focused Potion Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Focused!

Happy Potion Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Happy!

Inspired Potion Drink this to temporarily make your Sim Inspired!

Sleep Replacement Instantly fills the Energy Need!

Moodlet Solver Instantly removes all negative moodlets from your Sim.

Insta-Large Drink this to become a bigger you!

Insta-Lean The most efficient diet beverage on the market.

Potion of Youth Drink this to turn back the clock on your Sim's current age.

Re-Traiting Potion Drinking this will allow you to reset all your Traits!

Quirk-B-Gone This potion removes one Fame Quirk of your choosing from a Celebrity Sim.

Potion of Curse Cleansing A potion to remove all curses from a Sim.

Always Welcome Sims will act more at home when at others' residence, and the host won't mind at all!

Gym Rat Build Fun and don't lose Hygiene while exercising!

Observant Sims learn the traits of others just by meeting them!

Speed Cleaner Tidy up much faster!

Mentor Once Mentors reach level 10 in certain skills, the Mentor interaction becomes available and they can help other Sims improve their skills even more quickly!

Morning Sim Build extra skill in the morning.

Night Owl Build extra skill at night.

Speed Reader Read books faster than your average Sim.

Free Services All single use service requests are free.

Marketable Sims sell items they've crafted for more Simoleons!

Creative Visionary Have a higher chance of painting and writing masterworks.

Entrepreneurial Sims are more likely to get promoted in their careers.

Frugal A Frugal Sim's household has reduced bills.

Great Storyteller
    More successful at telling bigger and better stories!

Stoves and Grills Master Have a chance to create Impeccable Quality consumables that use stoves and grills!

Incredibly Friendly Sims are immediately liked when met with a nice Introduction!

Cold Acclimation
    Sims aren't affected as much by chilly weather, but can still feel the effects.

Heat Acclimation Sims aren't affected as much by hot weather, but can still feel the effects.

Waterproof Sims do not get wet in the rain.

Storm Chaser
    Sims love stormy weather and thrive in terrifying conditions.

Iceproof Sims aren't negatively affected by cold temperatures and enjoy the cold.

Heatproof Sims aren't negatively affected by hot temperatures and enjoy the heat.

Money Tree A Money Tree for your Sims to grow their riches.

Mermadic Kelp Eat this to turn into a Mermaid!

Independent Social needs decay at half the rate

Shameless Never suffer embarrassment

Steel Bladder Sim never needs to use toilet

Beguiling Gives a +60 flirty moodlet for 4 hours

Antiseptic Hygiene decays at half the normal rate

Carefree Sims never get tense

Connections Sims start a career at level 4

Fertile Increases the chance of twins and triplets

Great Kisser Success rate of kisses is much higher

Hardly Hungry Hunger decays at half the normal rate

Professional Slacker Sims never get demoted or fired

Savant Increases skill gains by 25%

Seldom Sleepy Energy decays at half the normal rate

Super Green Thumb Plants stay watered longer, get less bugs, increased growth rate

Needs No One Social need does not decay

Re-traiting Potion Reset your sim's traits

Forever Fresh Hygiene need no longer decays

Forever Full Hunger need no longer decays

Never Weary Energy motive no longer decays

I had to give both my founding sims the Brave trait so they wouldn't be scared of the storms in the game. Now some of their six kids have it, as do- so far- two grandchildren. There are a total of 8 with one more on the way. I also gave my heir and his wife the Savant traits and their older two kids- I think- inherited it through MCC. Which is how they got the Brave trait as well.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    But why don’t they have a never die of laughter potion? That is something a lot of my sims would have, since I think it is one of the stupidest things in the game.

I wonder if having a hysterical sim drink a couple of the other mood potions would help dillute the hysterical mood? 🤔

I’m sure it probably would, but you have to keep buying and using the mood potions whereas Never weary and potions like that last forever. I want my sims to never have to worry about dying of laughter. It is much easier believing a sim could die of anger, or die of hunger than having a sim die of laughter. I have never had a sim die of an emotional death, but I am also careful for them not to tell too many jokes and things. But that is really sad, if you have a sim you want to be a real jokester, to have to worry about them dying that way. It just doesn’t make sense..

If you have MCCC, you can turn off emotional deaths. I did, mostly because of the hysterical one.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I play rotationally so Incredibly friendly is first to restore culled relationships and help with kid's social aspiration. Then Seldom sleepy as I want to play my sims not watch them sleep.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Drakos does that help them when they're in school too or just when they meet people in the world?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I think just the world.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    I don’t often use them. Sometimes I’ll use Sleep Replacement or Instant Hygiene. I should probably get Waterproof and Storm Chaser for my Sims more often.