Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 18TH - INSIDE MAXIS LIVESTREAM

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
Ready for the first Inside Maxis of 2022!? 🤩

Tune in now!

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Will we get official CC from Complex Sims?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    But that's like a whole day away! :'(
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Not really a problem with these "hot topics" ... :|
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think im the only one that remembered this but awhile ago simgurufrost made a tweet asking complex to check their dms and I remembered being like hm I wonder what that's for. But idk what to expect since complex makes only alpha cc and I hope they don't bring alpha cc to base game 😅
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am very excited about everything that is on the menu! It's always nice to get some news. Yay!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2022
    the list sounds kinda short
    but I'll try to tune in for sneakity peekity 👀👀
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Loving the fact that they specifically stated they will be talking more about the status of the upcoming customizable pronouns

That makes me super happy!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Loving the fact that they specifically stated they will be talking more about the status of the upcoming customizable pronouns

Yep I believe this is the first time they mentioned the pronouns will be customizable. Which is good news for simmers that use neo pronouns or want to give their sims neo pronouns
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I wish simmers hadn't misused the LOL as you gave me a smile this morning. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This sounds really interesting. I hope I can be there for the livestream. I'm really looking forward to the sneak peak. I hope they will show something from an upcoming pack.

Who is Complex Sims? Has he worked on any Sims packs before?
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    This sounds really interesting. I hope I can be there for the livestream. I'm really looking forward to the sneak peak. I hope they will show something from an upcoming pack.

Complex Sims is a CC creator who deos mostly alfa style CAS.
    Happy simming!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

Complex Sims is a CC creator who deos mostly alfa style CAS.

Oh... that scares me. I hate alpha CC.
    Thank you @Nushka :smile:

I am new to downloading CC and went a bit download crazy recently and now I am learning how to delete CC lol.

I do really like the more realistic looking CC clothes, jewelry and shoes though, so gorgeous, some of my Sims now look like they just stepped off a fashion runway, but I also really like the CC creators that make hair and clothes that match Maxis style as well as all the Harry Potterish inspired English fashion spellcaster CC. So now my game looks very eclectic, a bit New York fashion show, a bit Maxis classics, and a bit English Harry Potter lol, but it's been fun experimenting with CC.

I hope this creator is working on one of the fashion kits it would be nice to have this type of more realistic CC from Maxis because then it will likely fit all the townies and if it's furniture be fully functional. Right now my random townie's outfits are so much crazier with CC. The clothes glitch into clothes from other creators and a lot of the objects are decorative only.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Nice to get confirmation that they're going to make pronouns customizable (honestly, I think it's the best way. Little form fields that default to he/him and she/her depending on the frame preset, but can be customized however the player likes.)

Gonna admit I'm less enthused about alpha cc. I get it, I get why people like it, and a lot of it is really great...but just not what I'd want in my Sims game. Maybe the CC creator is part of the conversation on customizable pronouns.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I am new to downloading CC and went a bit download crazy recently and now I am learning how to delete CC lol.

I do really like the more realistic looking CC clothes, jewelry and shoes though, so gorgeous, some of my Sims now look like they just stepped off a fashion runway, but I also really like the CC creators that make hair and clothes that match Maxis style as well as all the Harry Potterish inspired English fashion spellcaster CC. So now my game looks very eclectic, a bit New York fashion show, a bit Maxis classics, and a bit English Harry Potter lol, but it's been fun experimenting with CC.

I hope this creator is working on one of the fashion kits it would be nice to have this type of more realistic CC from Maxis because then it will likely fit all the townies and if it's furniture be fully functional. Right now my random townie's outfits are so much crazier with CC. The clothes glitch into clothes from other creators and a lot of the objects are decorative only.

Addictive isn't it?😆😆 I have cc pages booked marked to shop everyday. Lol then I like to do photoshoots with the runway style clothing using the Moschino stuff.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't think anybody has to worry about alpha cc. The whole style of the game is disney. How would it look if they suddenly threw 5 pieces of alpha cc in the mix? And why would they?
    Would be strange lol. I'm sure she can make something more disney style to fit the game.
    Plus I feel like newer stuff like batu b/b has went up in Quality. They added more texture and details and I applaud them for it👏👏👏 even the kit stuff looks really nice.
    The new stuff sims make now seems to fit nicely with my alpha cc without looking totally out of place. I like that.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Gonna admit I'm less enthused about alpha cc. I get it, I get why people like it, and a lot of it is really great...but just not what I'd want in my Sims game. Maybe the CC creator is part of the conversation on customizable pronouns.

I just assumed they'd be taking part in a discussion, not that the team collaborated with the creator. I can't imagine them adding non-maxis match/stylized stuff to the game.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I’m only interested in the pack, so I’m wondering if maybe the Sneak Peek part would tease a little something about the pack and/or the kits.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    I’m only interested in the pack, so I’m wondering if maybe the Sneak Peek part would tease a little something about the pack and/or the kits.

I believe they never announce packs during Inside Maxis. The Sneak Peak will show some free game update.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    They never announce paid content during Inside Maxis but there's still a chance we'll get a teaser before the Livestream.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

Yes, that one little word, customizeable, suggesting a fill-in-yourself dropbox, makes all the difference for me, too :)

(A little excourse: I thought german didn't have gender neutral pronouns, then I looked the matter up and found that we opted for the strangest neo pronouns ever: xier/xies/xiesem. Whoever thought that starting a word with x was a good idea probably never tried using it in a normally paced conversation. Another article mentioned that many noninary germans accept they/them, so that's what my sims will use.)

Addictive isn't it?😆😆 I have cc pages booked marked to shop everyday. Lol then I like to do photoshoots with the runway style clothing using the Moschino stuff.

It is!! Photoshoots is a great idea! I need to take some photos next to decorate their houses with. I have started following the creators I like on Patreon, but I have also been checking simsdomination everyday and my shopping habit is getting a bit out of control lol. I'm going to enjoy the CC until the next game pack release and then take it out for the update, but I will add back my favourite pieces, since I already have quite a few that I love. My other new CC addictions are food mods/recipes and toddler/child toys.

Gender neutral pronouns have already been added to my game, my Sims are being referred to as 'they' in popups. I got used to it though and I don't really notice anymore. At first it was a little confusing because 'they' is a plural word and I would read a popup and then wonder who the other Sims being talked about were and then realize it was just only my Sim lol. Wouldn't it be more simple to just use the Sims first name instead of He/She. I'm looking forward to the livestream guest comments on the pronouns. Personal customization would be great, in general, for everything in the game. Most important customization options for me though is of the townies being created. I would really like to know what Maxis has in store for the future of the randomly generated townies. Will we ever be able to control their clothing and appearance? Why can't they job share and be more dependable employees? And I don't think they should spawn wearing CC.

I feel like an "Inside Maxis" should also include an Headquarters tour. I really want to see the offices where they create the games. :blush:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Manifesting dragons. Maybe ItGetsBetter is there to introduce openly gay dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

I believe they never announce packs during Inside Maxis. The Sneak Peak will show some free game update.
    Free game updates are good, too! 🙂👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top