Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Global Food

2...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I'd rather see food for dragons.

We have plenty of that already. They are called sims.

Maybe, maybe not. But the skies remain clear of our scaly, fire-breathing lizards at present.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I also want to add that there were some simmers asking for Hanukkah inspired dishes. I think this would be cool and give the ability to create a more authentic Hanukkah experience. Which I haven't tried yet but I definitely will if we get more cultural Jewish foods.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    edited January 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I also want to add that there were some simmers asking for Hanukkah inspired dishes. I think this would be cool and give the ability to create a more authentic Hanukkah experience. Which I haven't tried yet but I definitely will if we get more cultural Jewish foods.

Yes! My spouse is Jewish and some of the foods we have regularly that aren't in the game include kugel (noodle casserole), rugalach (chocolate croissant desserts), challah, latkes, matzah, hamentaschens (triangle pastries), and smoked salmon.

His mom cooks much more traditional stuff than us, like matzah ball soup, slow cooked beef stew in red sauce (has a Yiddish name I can't spell), candied carrots & raisins, beef tongue, liver & onions, blintzes, and brisket.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This is an interesting thread as most of the foods in the game to me are global. It was only the meals that came with cottage living for me are not living in the UK. As most of the base game meals are USA orientated in all the sims games to me they are global foods. Although I do like the game has foods from other cultures other than the USA.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Maybe it's a new type of buffet table with new dishes, like Swedish buffet that is served in all hotels, though I don't think we are getting hotels with this pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd love to see some French foods like escargot aka snails.
    I hope we finally get fried chicken.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm looking forward to this. I am hoping for Thai, Korean, Jamaican, French or Southern American food, but anything is good even more pizza. :smile:
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    Cooking is one of my favourite things so love to see the menu expanding - i'd like to see caribbean and african food for sure as well as the opportunity to have favourite foods. Wish we could also have a cooking competition somewhere? Not sure how it would work but I just know I'd like it :smile:
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    j_nelly wrote: »
    Cooking is one of my favourite things so love to see the menu expanding - i'd like to see caribbean and african food for sure as well as the opportunity to have favourite foods. Wish we could also have a cooking competition somewhere? Not sure how it would work but I just know I'd like it :smile:

A cooking competition is a great idea. I would love that.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    j_nelly wrote: »

A cooking competition is a great idea. I would love that.

I want an cooking competition too. I’ve been Binging my way through all the available seasons of GBBO on Netflix, have watched a couple of other cooking shows and want to make my sims have bake offs
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Ethiopian would be so good. I’d like to see some (more?) Greek, Middle Eastern and African inspired foods (and stuff in general honestly).
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    > @Haflinger said:
    > I want an cooking competition too. I’ve been Binging my way through all the available seasons of GBBO on Netflix, have watched a couple of other cooking shows and want to make my sims have bake offs

do you remember in Sims 3 when you could do cooking competitions?
    Also 'heck yas' to GBBO - that show is a drug
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
    Something missing from Sims 4 is real barbecue on the grills.I'm taking about pork,chicken and ribs
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would just like more vegan and fish dishes. I always have trouble feeding Sims with those preferences.

I just discovered a mod that allows Sims to eat raw fish. That will help my fish-eating Sims.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I really hope we get a selection of Korean foods. I need some authentic foods for my Korean restaurant.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    There is not really much representation for any African cultures in this game so I'm hoping they include some.

I also would want some west Asian or middle eastern food like shwarmas. Also some Indian food will be nice. I wanna ask for some Caribbean food too. Then I will also be excited about more french food too because I have a french restaurant in game and I love adding new items to the menu.

This might be a possibility since Black History Month starts in February.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    So soul food, the foods and techniques associated with the African American cuisine of the United States. The term was first used in print in 1964 during the rise of “Black pride,” when many aspects of African American culture—including soul music—were celebrated for their contribution to the American way of life. I need a soul food restaurant in my sims life.
    Food that makes you want to slap your mother for cooking so awesome! Like fried chicken, fried cabbage, turnip greens, cornbread, lemon pound cake, shrimp and grits, smother chicken and pork chop, pecans pie, candy yam, fried cat fish, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, potatoes salad, fried orka, devil eggs.
    Oh yeah I know this isn't soul food but still waiting for the real orange trees and corn to harvest. I see that you guys like to tease with the orange trees 🤨
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I wish burgers and hotdogs weren't the prototypical American food. It should be fried catfish, candy yams, and devil eggs. With lemon pound cake for dessert.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Guys you are really getting me hungry! Do you hear my stomack grumbling?
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Fried chicken with gravy, and more pork dishes
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    I want tags for cooking that help navigate recipes and better sims AI for choosing leftovers at the fridge, Nick shouldn't get a serving of his sister's birthday cake when he's a healthy food nut and there are still some salad leftovers.

If we're getting more cultural recipes I'd love if they were African or Mediterranean.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Global Food...then it should be cup noodles...