Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Suddenly Pregnant?!

2...Next

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    This has happened in my daughters game, shes been exclusively playing one family the past few days, (some how manged to make Brant Hecking disappear so Brent was available so to speak, no idea how it happened, hes just vanished!) and she said she didn't want any kids right now, then all of a sudden her sim (April) is pregnant after normal woohoo? Shes adamant she didn't use try for a baby and we have no mods that influence that kind of thing (its all cc and bb stuff mainly). They also got engaged with out her enacting it, but that was more explainable if not weird, she got a phone call from Brent saying he'd found a ring in his girlfriend April's bag (ie my daughters current sim who answered the call) and thinks April is going to propose and should he say yes? She said yes and then they were engaged, not weird at all! But no phone call about trying for a baby etc I'm at a loss here!

Poor Brant! Sounds like April killed him so she could steal Brent and have his baby!! :anguished: .

:D
    When she said her sim was going out with Brent I was like what happened to Brant but when I looked for him, he'd gone :o

Haha, that's so funny. I like Brant, he is always nice to other Sims in my game. I think because of the good trait. He often shows up at museums and art galleries, I wonder it that's part of his game trait as an Art Lover or just a coincidence.
  • AniyahNigeaAniyahNigea Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing happened to me yesterday! I gave my sim the serial romantic aspiration and obviously that comes with woohooing often with different sims. She’s already in multiple relationships but the one she loves the most, she did not woohoo with him or try for a baby (something I was avoiding because I wanted to focus on her career and aspirations first, also she’s still a young adult).

Next thing ya know, she’s freaking pregnant! To my surprise, I thought she got pregnant from woohoo but sure enough, I remembered I talked about discussing to expand the family with the sim that is currently my boyfriend and I ended up pregnant without ever woohooing or trying for a baby. Also, while she was pregnant, I thought the baby wasn’t his being as though they never did anything so I was going to kill the baby. But now that I know it’s his, I invited him to join my household and we’ll be getting engaged soon. Still not sure if I want to keep the baby but I’m not sure how to get rid of it. I aged him up to a toddler.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sims can become pregnant just by discussing family expansion? Weird!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Glad I read this thread, I don’t really care to have story progression with my main save. I’ll have to remember not to talk about expanding a family.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    This is from the page explaining neighborhood stories:

"It's also worth noting that these options will never be available to perform on another member of your active household, even if you meet the relationship requirements to use them on NPCs."

I really have to question why they went with "from the active family" rather than households marked as "played". Not to mention anyone in a romantic relationship with households marked as played. I wouldn't want a simple conversation to get any played household pregnant, even if it's not the household that is currently active. Nor would I want it to cause an active sim to get pregnant simply because she had a conversation with her SO who has not yet joined the active household.

They really need to give us more options to toggle more sims/households off for this feature. Just mho. I'd like to be able to use it, but not quite as broadly as it currently reaches. They need to take a page out of Deaderpool's playbook and let us set flags on households and Sims for who can and cannot be impacted by neighborhood stories.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods