Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Blender Renders appreciation thread

Uh oh! I smell a new obsession!

So I've been feeling a bit... rubbish as of late and so I decided to do what I do when I feel a bit low and that is learn a new creative skill. I've always admired Sim renders and it's something that has been on my to-do list for awhile now. Here are my first two major attempts. I am still learning so forgive the lighting etc! I made the poses haha!

Bonehilda:
DTYYsAz.png

Lara:
K5Swlbj.png

I thought it would be a nice idea to create a thread dedicated purely to blender renders so feel free to post yours and to share the render love :heart: I feel I'm a bit late to this party but I don't think anyone has ever made a thread like this before (correct me if I am wrong please).

Peace!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I like Bonehilda. Would be awesome if Grimmy came on a horse in game and instead of the sim keeling over they would be lifted up on the back of the horse by Grimmy and rode into the sunset with them.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    The picture with Bonehilda sums up the franchise perfectly. The only thing missing is the freezer bunny.

I know absolutely nothing about blender and have never tried renders, but I think these are awesome! Great job, and thanks for sharing :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Love Bonehilda on a llama! That came out awesome! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Yeah the Bonehilda one is def my fave by far. I do love the Lara Croft with the Star Wars blaster guns though... I couldn't stop giggling to myself when making that one!

I want to learn how to set up scenes using the objects in game and also how to do backgrounds. Not great but I'm definitely getting there! :smiley:
  • Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Oh this is hilarious!! I love all of it, her excitement, the Llama, Grimmy's scythe! It's great! Nice work! Blender can be tough.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like to think she's just stolen Grim's scythe, jumped on the nearest llama and ridden off into the sunset!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Never tried Blender before, so had no idea what you meant by Blender Renders. The title piqued my curiosity though and I'm glad I took a look! Great job with those renders! Love them both! <3 Makes me want to try to learn it myself now! Perhaps I will some time in the future when I have more free time. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Seen this and had to try it myself! This is my very first render. :)
    exJG1r0.png
    He/Him