Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Trial Snowy Escape

2...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I can't seem to go on an excursion, so I guess that answers the question for me. There are things I like about the pack but it doesn't feel like a "must buy" and if I can't climb the mountain it's just not worth it.

You can climb up to a lot…… I believe there are a few sections to get there. Some of the stuff from outdoor retreat is also very use in this pack while climbing up the the special open lot you can build on.

I thought it might be. Sadly the game won't let me begin the excursion at all.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Meanwhile I purchased the pack way before the free trial and I enjoy it:
    I hope GTW is next!
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I can't seem to go on an excursion, so I guess that answers the question for me. There are things I like about the pack but it doesn't feel like a "must buy" and if I can't climb the mountain it's just not worth it.

You can climb up to a lot…… I believe there are a few sections to get there. Some of the stuff from outdoor retreat is also very use in this pack while climbing up the the special open lot you can build on.

That's weird :( There has been a bug about the mountain excursions, but I haven't had problems with it. It has been awhile since I tried it though. Did you go to the onsen bathhouse lot and try start the excursion there by phone?
    haisin wrote: »

That's weird :( There has been a bug about the mountain excursions, but I haven't had problems with it. It has been awhile since I tried it though. Did you go to the onsen bathhouse lot and try start the excursion there by phone?

Yeah, several times, and in 2 different saves. It's fine though, I'll give the pack a miss for now.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I love this pack so much. It was the first expansion I ever got and never regretted it.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    Played this trial this weekend with my sister and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful, thoughtful and detailed the world was!!
    We LOVED the festivals.
    Also we tried to find all the creatures, but couldn't

Has anyone found all the creatures, and how long would you say it took you?
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Greyling wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 - yeah, I gathered as much. That’s why I didn’t comment on it last time you posted the list ;) but seeing as someone else mentioned that it wasn’t in June, I thought that if you were to edit it, you might as well have the exact month :)
    (And if someone were to follow the link, I included, they might even be feel like answering one or two of the questions someone posed which didn’t receive a an answer o:) )

Anyway back on topic. I got Snowy Escape last time it was on sale so I won’t be taking advantage of the free trial, but it’s a beautiful world with some fun activities. However, I haven’t managed to find the Festival of Youth, maybe I’ve been looking in the wrong place or do you have to bring a child with you for it to appear - I only had a toddler?

My bad. Sorry I didn't search for the correct date. I assumed the dates posted were within the correct periods, but I knew the time frame. We had corona for a little more than 3 wks and I knew it was before Halloween.
    The ONE pack that I wanted to explore before buying and it was just my luck that I was too miserable and dazed to take advantage of it!
    What pushed to buy it was that I needed it for an occult mod. :D
    Again, sorry for not checking the exact date.

This is a great way to determine if you want to spend your money and not end up with buyer's remorse. You get full access, so whatever you can checkout, you can - nothing held back. If your luck is like mine though, it won't really matter. :D

@Anmirla - no reason to apologize, it wasn’t really important in any way :) - hope you and your family weren’t too sick from corona and that you were happy about the Eco pack even though you didn’t get a chance to try it out beforehand :)

And I agree, these free pack trials are an excellent way to let people get a feel for the content before buying and let us see if it’s actually something we like or not 👍
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Yeah, several times, and in 2 different saves. It's fine though, I'll give the pack a miss for now.

I think for the excursion to the top of the mountain you need certain level of rock climbing skill and another equally skilled sim to go with you.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think for the excursion to the top of the mountain you need certain level of rock climbing skill and another equally skilled sim to go with you.

My sim had the requisite level but I don't know if their companion did. Ah well.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Played this trial this weekend with my sister and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful, thoughtful and detailed the world was!!
    We LOVED the festivals.
    Also we tried to find all the creatures, but couldn't

Has anyone found all the creatures, and how long would you say it took you?

I haven't found all of them. The Festival of Youth encourages me to use children more in my game - especially the Pokemon Go like mini-game. That's my favorite festival. Second being Festival of Light and last being Festival of Snow.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Happy to hear people enjoying the trial 🤭 I think these trials were a great idea. Snowy escape is a fantastic pack. Don't forget to try out hiking together. That's my favorite activity.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(