Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most disliked mood?

Comments

• SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    Whichever mood it is that makes the brats start chucking paint on the floor 😡🤬

Works my last nerve and I get great pleasure from Xing them out of it immediately and making them mop the floor

Revenge is sweet 😂
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I can't stand the 'Fine' moodlet. My Sims get it everytime they read anything - I don't want all their needs to be on pause for 4+ hours because they are reading. Ugh - I like a bit of challenge in my game.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Okay, since reading and posting in this thread, I think I know what the emotion system could use. It needs both a "lock emotion" and a "cancel emotion" feature similar to the UI cheats. The emotion system just wasn't entirely well executed to begin with, was never balanced properly, and I just feel like it's constantly a push and pull issue of debate that never resolves.

Players have so many different play styles that there's never going to be agreement on how to tune the emotions. So we need something optional that allows for emotional stability and direction. Some players like me, like to have Sims in a neutral state most of the time and only have emotions pop up when something happens to cause them. Other players like to use the emotions for the buffs system to gain the benefits. And still others like to be able to control them for their storytelling purposes.

Since not everyone uses mods (or can't, in the case of console players,) I think that being able to lock (even if it's for a time limit) or at least cancel certain emotions as they play out would allow us all more freedom to play the way we want to. I don't know if it's something that's doable, but I think it would help immensely in keeping the majority happy because those who just wanted to roll with the system as is wouldn't have to utilize it.

I'm going to tag a few devs just in case someone would be willing to consider it. (Not sure who looks at the forums, but hello and happy new year to any who read this. :) ) @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruConor @SimGuruMrE @SimGuruPopcorn @SimGuruRusskii
    #Team Occult
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    @LiELF I love your idea of locking one emotion and/or cancelling. It would be helpful to cancel the more annoying emotions.
    Locking one that’s more useful for a certain task. I,e, flirty for a date.
    It’s hard to maintain some emotions due to buffs Sims get when moving about.

I’d like this feature for certain skills as mischief is more annoying when Sims get very playful. I send them to bed for the duration but that can get frustrating!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I like all the moods in general so it just depends on the situation the mood was triggered. For example with the cleaning rage one, I feel like cleaning and other things should be in the likes/dislikes options and then the Sims who don't like cleaning could get enraged if they had to clean. The emotions should be triggered by their dislikes and likes. Why should a Sim get enraged just from washing a couple of dishes? :confused:

Also when a Sim is socializing with friends or family and their spouse walks in the room and they get flirty just from the spouse being nearby, that disrupts my play so much, because I dislike seeing the Sims have flirty chats with their friends, family or coworkers it's so creepy to me I have to break up the conversation and send the flirty Sim away lol.

Bored from reading a book is another one because this phenomenon does not exist for me in real life. Although to be fair it doesn't make sense that I make them read the same book over again it's just that I have some favourite books in the game lol. So if a Sim is a bookworm or there was a "reading" option in the likes/dislikes menu and they like reading, then they should never get bored even if I make them read Orbital Pudding or Crisis Barn like 20 times..
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I'm not particularly bothered by any of the moods. I use UI Cheats and click most of them away. Fine is my preferred mood. I've always thought it was a bit of a hassle to try and get sims in a particular mood to complete tasks. Trying to keep up with the amount of an emotion produced by a moodlet just seems like more work than is necessary. I do remember early on trying to make sure my sims were in the right mood before going to work or working on a task but it wasn't fun. Now I just play and have my sims complete tasks without any thought to ideal moods. Some tasks may take longer to complete, such as skilling or work performance, but they eventually get done. I also don't use any of the emotional aura objects. Except for the berries from the tree of emotion when trying to solve puzzles in the temple in Selvadorado.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hysterical.

It's too easy for Sims to become hysterical, especially if you have a comedian in the house. A sim hears a joke or two and wanders off to watch Comedy tv. The next thing you know it's emergency nap time to save their life. I know they can try to calm down in a mirror, but naps are so much more effective.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    Hysterical is also my least favorite. In just my current legacy gen, its killed my sims dad on her birthday, and her fiance the night that they got engaged. I start getting nervous whenever my sims are playful so now I just click away the moodlet.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Mine has to be playful coz my sim always goes into a Hysterical mood and dies from laughter 😞
  • ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    Tense. It's hard to socialize with this mood.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I'm not particularly bothered by any of the moods. I use UI Cheats and click most of them away. Fine is my preferred mood. I've always thought it was a bit of a hassle to try and get sims in a particular mood to complete tasks. Trying to keep up with the amount of an emotion produced by a moodlet just seems like more work than is necessary. I do remember early on trying to make sure my sims were in the right mood before going to work or working on a task but it wasn't fun. Now I just play and have my sims complete tasks without any thought to ideal moods. Some tasks may take longer to complete, such as skilling or work performance, but they eventually get done. I also don't use any of the emotional aura objects. Except for the berries from the tree of emotion when trying to solve puzzles in the temple in Selvadorado.
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay, since reading and posting in this thread, I think I know what the emotion system could use. It needs both a "lock emotion" and a "cancel emotion" feature similar to the UI cheats. The emotion system just wasn't entirely well executed to begin with, was never balanced properly, and I just feel like it's constantly a push and pull issue of debate that never resolves.

Players have so many different play styles that there's never going to be agreement on how to tune the emotions. So we need something optional that allows for emotional stability and direction. Some players like me, like to have Sims in a neutral state most of the time and only have emotions pop up when something happens to cause them. Other players like to use the emotions for the buffs system to gain the benefits. And still others like to be able to control them for their storytelling purposes.

Since not everyone uses mods (or can't, in the case of console players,) I think that being able to lock (even if it's for a time limit) or at least cancel certain emotions as they play out would allow us all more freedom to play the way we want to. I don't know if it's something that's doable, but I think it would help immensely in keeping the majority happy because those who just wanted to roll with the system as is wouldn't have to utilize it.

I'm going to tag a few devs just in case someone would be willing to consider it. (Not sure who looks at the forums, but hello and happy new year to any who read this. :) ) @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruConor @SimGuruMrE @SimGuruPopcorn @SimGuruRusskii

I used to quite enjoy that gameplay approach that was there when the game was released. In order to reach some of the aspiration goals, back then, you had to maintain a certain mood for a set amount of time while completing an activity. That was really hard to do! There is a few left in such as the nerd brain maintain focus while gaming.

Probably be impossible to do now with sentiments throwing random moods at your sims from all directions! I like to play big households so cancelling em out would truly make it the ultimate game of whack-a-mole :grin:

The way I use moods now is to essentially try and maintain a sim in the appropriate mood(s) to match their individual traits and the challenge becomes one of getting them back to those moods when an external influence changes them from those 'natural' moods. By maintaining this mood, the sim is more likely to carry out autonomous actions in line with their traits, so requiring less micro-management.

I find this does reflect life quite well, to some extent, where most of the day is spent dealing with distractions (including distracting thoughts) and having to do the routine stuff like emptying the cat tray etc. and then having to use a ritual of some description (like having a cup of tea) to get back to a comfortable mood.

Locking in a mood would feel to me more akin to possession and I do try and be a hand's off god as far as possible :smiley:

I am satisfied with the mechanics of the special moods of Fine and Happy. Fine acting as the baseline and Happy creating a positive feedback loop and then boosting other positive moods.

What I think is lacking is another special mood that works like Happy but creates a positive feedback loop for negative moods. For example, Sad, Very Sad are standalone moodlets. There is no special negative booster moodlet. If this was to exist, then each thing that 'goes wrong' would compound the negative mood - Sad, Very Sad, Very Very Sad, Despair.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

What I think is lacking is another special mood that works like Happy but creates a positive feedback loop for negative moods. For example, Sad, Very Sad are standalone moodlets. There is no special negative booster moodlet. If this was to exist, then each thing that 'goes wrong' would compound the negative mood - Sad, Very Sad, Very Very Sad, Despair.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I think that's part of where the emotion system design went wrong and caused imbalance. The game lacks that risk of Sim meltdowns that past games had because the negative emotion mechanics don't work the same way as the positive emotion mechanics. I think if it did though, it would upset a lot of players because of the way Sims can switch moods in an instant with world stimuli.

Gaa, it's so frustrating. I want the Emotion system to feel relevant and enhance gameplay, but it ends up distracting and intrusive (for my personal style). I just want Sim personalities to matter more, not their emotions, and for Sims to feel like they each react differently to common things but they all express the same emotions to the same objects and same situations for the most part. I've seen some changes recently, which is great, but the overall still comes off as superficial. Maybe it's because there's more emotional influence from objects rather than fellow Sims and I really want to see deeper relationships and reactions and preferences and some unpredictability. I hope we have some sort of romance/relationships pack coming soon. Sims 2 Nightlife was my favorite because of the chemistry, attraction, partner likes/dislikes and, of course, drama, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I think that's part of where the emotion system design went wrong and caused imbalance. The game lacks that risk of Sim meltdowns that past games had because the negative emotion mechanics don't work the same way as the positive emotion mechanics. I think if it did though, it would upset a lot of players because of the way Sims can switch moods in an instant with world stimuli.

Gaa, it's so frustrating. I want the Emotion system to feel relevant and enhance gameplay, but it ends up distracting and intrusive (for my personal style). I just want Sim personalities to matter more, not their emotions, and for Sims to feel like they each react differently to common things but they all express the same emotions to the same objects and same situations for the most part. I've seen some changes recently, which is great, but the overall still comes off as superficial. Maybe it's because there's more emotional influence from objects rather than fellow Sims and I really want to see deeper relationships and reactions and preferences and some unpredictability. I hope we have some sort of romance/relationships pack coming soon. Sims 2 Nightlife was my favorite because of the chemistry, attraction, partner likes/dislikes and, of course, drama, lol.

Objects. Way, way too much emphasis on the influence of objects exists, IMO. The sims and their needs and personalities should be completely centre stage. The way the object influence is balanced reminds me of the days when I was involved in the local band scene - most bands consisted of each member trying to be louder than the other members :D

Yeah any pack that added more chemistry to the sims would be an instabuy for me
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    The Fine mood because it prevents the skill gain boost that I set by making my Sim focused, inspired, etc.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Being ashamed after meeting in the bathroom.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I agree also.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2022
    The way I play, I do like all moods, but I use mods to get rid of most of the problems mentioned here so there's that.

I would appreciate though if they changed the uncomfortable moodlet to boost negative emotions just like happy does boost positive ones. I haven't found a mod yet that does just this (and nothing else on the side).
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The way I play, I do like all moods, but I use mods to get rid of most of the problems mentioned here so there's that.

I would appreciate though if they changed the uncomfortable moodlet to boost negative emotions just like happy does boost positive ones. I haven't found a mod yet that does just this (and nothing else in the side).

yes please .
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I actually found out how to change this by accident today. The only downside is that the moodlet will look half greenish instead of red when it boosters another bad mod, but I personally don't mind that.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Anger.

That's a really tough one for a Sim to get over. And it's hard for friends, family or whomever to talk that angry Sim off of the ledge, so to speak. My bad. I gave three of the Sims in a family of seven the Hot-headed Trait. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited January 2022
    Your Sims can rather easily get over an angry moodlet in several ways:

cold shower
    calm down at mirror
    angry work out, including jog off feelings
    Wellness activities
    write in diary
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited January 2022
    Deleted.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Your Sims can rather easily get over an angry moodlet in several ways:

cold shower
    calm down at mirror
    angry work out, including jog off feelings
    Wellness activities
    write in diary

The fasted way for my sims is boxing. Just a few punches and the sim was calm again. I can relate somehow.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    cytnl wrote: »
    I think for me it's more a specific situation of a mood than a mood.

I hate the +4 Fine moodlet, because it overpowers everything. It's especially frustrating when I deliberately put my sim into the correct mood for a skill. The +10 one doesn't bug me, because you can use it to surge the wanted emotion, just the +4 one.

I have a phobia of bears, so the Sad moodlet kids get really annoys me when I refuse to let them 'be the bear' because I as the player don't feel like being tense. Is there a way to cheat that stupid phase away?

And finally, that grown adults are afraid of thunderstorms is ridiculous. I would love to have storms on, but the adults being scared is too much.

There's a mod to get rid of it.

Alternatively there's one that changes the outfits to pirate/princess (req Spooky Stuff for costumes).
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    Has to be playful for me - this quick change from playful to very playful to hysterical then death is just not the one -all the others I can control up to a point!