Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know what mood helps with Uni?

I looked this information up, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

What mood helps with taking final exams? What helps with studying? Presentations? Writing Term papers?

There's contradictory information out there, and the site I use most often for clarification doesn't actually say anything about moods for this stuff at all. So does that mean moods don't matter for them, other than being in a positive mood?

For most of the tasks the "focused" mood would be what I expect to help, but I have found sources that say confidence is the best mood for exams. Which...seems weird, because confidence is the "social" mood, and taking an exam is hardly social. I also could see the mood that's best for Presentations and Term papers would depend on what the subject is...but again, I suspect that might be too complex of an answer for TS4...

Does anyone actually know the answer to these questions, or is what we have just all speculation which is why I have found conflicting information in my search?
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Confident makes sense to me, as it's the opposite of fear, and shows you're not tense. I'm not sure what the real answer is.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Could be confidence because you know the subject very well.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Seems like there may not be just one answer. Confident is helpful as the previous answers say, inspired would help when writing, and focused would be of benefit when in class and taking notes or actively listening. I would guess any of the positive emotions, except flirty would help with class work.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It depends on the subject when studying, doing homework or doing skills for a class. For instance, inspired for the creative arts such as; painting, writing, photography skills, etc. But when attending class, being on time, taking notes and being in a focused mood is the best. Doing presentations, taking tests/exams, again, focused is the best mood in my experience. I've had several Sims attend Uni and the majority of them all got an A+ average graduating with honors for a Distinguished degree using this method. Hope this is helpful! :)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Hope this is helpful! :)

It is, and it actually corresponds with how I would 'expect' it to work based on the entire game before University was added.

It was online sources recommending "confident" moodlets that confused the issue for me. Confident can certainly be a "good" mood to have, but in TS4 there is always a "best" mood and confident being "best" for anything that isn't social is not something the game had ever done before.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
    edited January 2022
    This is interesting. I'll have to pay more attention next time I enroll my sim in Uni. She already has 3 distinguished degrees, all earned with an A+ and I've never actively focused on mood when she was completing tasks.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    This is interesting. I'll have to pay more attention next time I enroll my sim in Uni. She already has 3 distinguished degrees, all earned with an A+ and I've never actively focused on mood when she was completing tasks.

It certainly seems to matter most just that you go to class, take notes, etc. and have the skills which match the class subject at a high level, moreso than mood.

I took the final final-exam in my sim's last term with a large negative mood, because she'd had a final exam in another class right before that and they weren't in the same building. I just didn't have the time to get her mood back up. She still got an A+.

I asked about the mood thing because, throughout the rest of the game, being in the right mood can makes things go faster (like skill increases and career advancements) not just increased odds of better quality results. So I have to believe the same is true for all of the university tasks.

My interest was in "faster"...the "quality" (i.e. grades) seem simple enough to get regardless of mood. I just want my Sims to have time for more other things. That Secret Society, for example, really wants her to burn the candle at both ends.