Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We May Be Getting A New World In The New GP

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Hmm... what if we're not getting a Lunar New Year kit, but the world is based on somewhere that celebrates it?

I mean, wherever it is, I'll take it. I always enjoy adding new places to my Sims game, even if I don't use them all every time.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2022
    Ha! That's pretty solid evidence. I think a French world makes sense, if it's a love pack, and I think a French world has been hinted for some time. Honestly if there's a world attached that gives me hope that it's more than just a 'wedding' pack too - although I know resources for a new world might take away from whatever we get in gameplay.

Although technically, didn't Paranormal have a 'build', in that mansion a builder created, without having a new world? Three new builds sounds like a lot for that kind of thing, but they could possibly come without a new world.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Ha! That's pretty solid evidence. I think a French world makes sense, if it's a love pack, and I think a French world has been hinted for some time. Honestly if there's a world attached that gives me hope that it's more than just a 'wedding' pack too - although I know resources for a new world might take away from whatever we get in gameplay.

Although technically, didn't Paranormal have a 'build', in that mansion a builder created, without having a new world? Three new builds sounds like a lot for that kind of thing, but they could possibly come without a new world.

Yep. Exactly why it's in Speculation. :p
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited January 2022
    I’m still not convinced we’re getting a new world. We might be getting a new lot type. Or just a build to showcase the pack. A lot of packs have shipped with builds and have had no worlds (Dining, spa, parenthood, paranormal).

But I’m really hoping I’m wrong because I would love a world.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited January 2022
    Interesting, although it doesn’t necessarily mean “ New World”.
    Both Dine Out and Spa Day offer several lots too albeit made by Maxis, but no worlds attached.

A Honeymoon destination world does make sense for a wedding GP, depending on the entire setup of that pack and whether it includes a new lot type or not.
    We’ll just have to wait and see. 👼🏼
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I am hopeful for a new world, like a honeymoon destination, but we have had packs with no worlds, so… hmm…

(Of course, it could be a very, very small world like the worlds of Vampires or Get to Work, etc.)

But, here’s hoping! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm with you Ninni. Although, SimGuruFrost did mention that 3 builds in the GP were by 3 fellow game changers. So that means new world! As a builder I am very excited about that. 🙃
    Honestly, if it's a small world, I probably won't even want it. It's hard to build self-sufficient areas in a world that's like 5-9 lots big, and it'd break my immersion to go from something like Sulani to Willow Creek.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Truly it wouldn't surprise me if there is a new world coming with this pack.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Where did sim guru frost mention that?
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Yeah I didn't see it either, her tweet says that it was a reply to someone, but I just looked at all his tweets/replies and I didn't see anything and I looked all the way back thru November. Maybe it was an old tweet that popped up.
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2022

That's not the same as Frost mentioning something? It should have shown up in his Tweets & Replies if he mentioned something.

I would like to believe that we are getting a new world but this is a bit odd.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Even if he did say it, which seems questionable now, this does not mean we're getting a new world. Paranormal Stuff had a gamechanger do a build, and obviously did not come with a new world. It was merely added to our library.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022

She told me what he told her what someone else told him who was told by a lady who was tagged by a little boy who heard it from a …frog? 😆

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

She told me what he told her what someone else told him who was told by a lady who was tagged by a little boy who heard it from a …frog? 😆

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me...
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Hm he might have deleted it but we will know for sure whenever the trailer drops
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    3 lots doesn’t sound like a world to me… if we do get one it sounds like it will be tiny. Boo!
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    3 lots doesn’t sound like a world to me… if we do get one it sounds like it will be tiny. Boo!

Well... Forgotten Hollow has 3-5 and Realm of Magic too, so I wouldn't delete completely the chance to get a world with only 3 lots.
    It may be nothing but it is always something.

Also, with the chance to make lots rentable, every world is now a "vacation world" so...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Well... Forgotten Hollow has 3-5 and Realm of Magic too, so I wouldn't delete completely the chance to get a world with only 3 lots.
    It may be nothing but it is always something.

Also, with the chance to make lots rentable, every world is now a "vacation world" so...

Forgotten hollow and glimmerbrook both have 1 neighbourhood with five lots. The smallest world we have is magnolia promenade with only 4 lots. We have had neighbourhoods with 3 lots but they were part of worlds with more lots (del Sol Valley, sulani)

I would like a new world but I hope it will have more than 3 lots. Paris or Venice would be a good place for a romantic getaway.

@simgirl1010 the tweet in the first post isn't loading for me. Can you remember what it said.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Heard it from a friend who
    Heard it from another you been messin' around
    They say you got a boyfriend
    You're out late every weekend
    They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Tweet has been deleted. 👀
  • Options

Heard it from another you been messin' around
    They say you got a boyfriend
    You're out late every weekend
    They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down

Don’t worry I don’t have a boyfriend but the rest is true. 😆
    Tweet has been deleted. 👀

Mmmm…🤔
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I linked this thread to Twitter because all simmers don't use these forums.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hope they fix weddings where sims actually sit and watch the wedding. This has been broken for seven years.

Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I’m still not convinced we’re getting a new world. We might be getting a new lot type. Or just a build to showcase the pack. A lot of packs have shipped with builds and have had no worlds (Dining, spa, parenthood, paranormal).

But I’m really hoping I’m wrong because I would love a world.

I'm hoping the new lot type will be a multi-purpose community lot. Having multi-purpose community lots(like in sims 1) would add so much more gameplay to Sims 4.

Why do you hide inside these walls?