Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is your garden still bugged?

My plants keep resetting to the "just planted" stage almost every morning at 7am. I've used MCCC to change them back to fully grown but if I don't harvest them before 7am the whole garden reverts to just planted and I lose all the harvestables I haven't harvested yet. It probably happens between 4-6 times a sim week. Has anyone found a work around or reason why this keeps happening? Any mods been made to fix this problem? I've searched the Sims Forums and EA Answers and there is some thought that having a lot of plants on your lot maybe causing this and you should keep the number under 16 plants total but I haven't found this to be true at all. It happens if I have 2 plants or if I have 20.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    GO into build/buy and remove the lot trait "Great Soil". It is bugged.

If you aren't actually using that Lot trait, here's a big thread with a ton of great discussion on the issue with other suggestions. But I suspect that you are using Great Soil (like I was a few weeks ago when I had the same issue), in which case all you have to do is remove that lot trait and the problem should stop.

BTW, there actually is a mod to fix it, but right now it's Patreon only and you have to pay for it if you want it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited January 2022
    I still get the dirt pile bug and I can't figure out what causes it. I no longer use the great soil lot trait, I harvest before tending the garden, and it doesn't happen when I fertilize the plant every time.

I had it happen when I have only one plant, (one or more plants) in planters or in the ground (inside building or outside) and in the middle of the day when my sim is doing something else on his or her lot, I'll notice that one or more plants converted back to the dirt pile. I had it happen sometimes after fertilizing, after evolving, in the middle of the day, (after going into build mode and adding decorations) and while tending the garden.

I think I'll try to get a plant to perfect where it stops evolving and see it stops converting back to the dirt pile. (And if that doesn't work, I'll turn off the EL environment effecting in the settings).
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @Stormkeep
    I’m am using Great Soil because my sims are farmers. I will have to try taking it out.

@DragonAge_300905
    I hope EL isn’t causing problems again. I know that the Mighty Insect Home is buggy and also keeps resetting when I go into build/buy. It’s not because there needs are low, it’s happening right after feeding and giving them attention.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If you have Great Soil, then take it out. I’ve heard from other simmers that Great Soil is bugged at the moment.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I have no mods and have no problem with the gardening, but I don't generally use the Great Soil lot trait.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've never had that bug, honestly. 🤷‍♀️
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Good News taking the Great Soil lot trait away worked fairly well. As long as everything is harvested by 7am none of my plants revert to dirt piles.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Good News taking the Great Soil lot trait away worked fairly well. As long as everything is harvested by 7am none of my plants revert to dirt piles.

Good to hear that it was just the buggy lot trait, and that you can continue to garden with no more problems! 🤗👍 Enjoy the gardening! 🌸
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    @TeeSea

Thanks for that info 🙂
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    The “Homey” lot trait covers gardening, by the way.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2022
    I still get the dirt pile bug and I can't figure out what causes it. I no longer use the great soil lot trait, I harvest before tending the garden, and it doesn't happen when I fertilize the plant every time.

I had it happen when I have only one plant, (one or more plants) in planters or in the ground (inside building or outside) and in the middle of the day when my sim is doing something else on his or her lot, I'll notice that one or more plants converted back to the dirt pile. I had it happen sometimes after fertilizing, after evolving, in the middle of the day, (after going into build mode and adding decorations) and while tending the garden.

I think I'll try to get a plant to perfect where it stops evolving and see it stops converting back to the dirt pile. (And if that doesn't work, I'll turn off the EL environment effecting in the settings).

This sounds a bit like my game….. but my reverting tends to happen around 7 am. Someone said that you should fast forward through 7 am, and fertilize the plant when you can ( though previously I have had the plant reverting after fertilizing ). I now try to make sure I fast forward through 7 am, harvest before 7 am, save before 7 am, make sure i’m on the lot in the early morning hours ( instead of sending my sims to a different lot ). I don’t go into CAS from the lot and try to remember to save before I do send my sims off lot and save before going into build mode. In fact I feel like I am continually saving so that if my plants do revert, I can end the game without saving and go back in. It is extremely annoying, and is the main reason I rarely play my game. That is the biggest bug I have had in my game though I have had a few annoying other bugs as well since then, and I play a vanilla game, I never used mods or CC in the sims 4, hoping that it would keep bugs from happening ( I’m not real tech savvy anyway, I’d probably mess up my game putting them in, and I have had my main save, a rotational save, from 2014, re-saving the game every so often ). So, I hope they are able to fix this bug. I loved playing the game till this big showed up as many of my sims garden, and it is easier to use the simple living lot trait if your sims garden, This bug started with my main sim which I haven’t played in two years because she has a huge greenhouse and had her dragon fruit reverted ( she depended on them to help pay bills, of which she has quite high ones ). But my cottage living sims also garden which I am having this annoying bug with. I need to check if I have taken out the great soil trait on my gardening lots. But running through fast forward through 7 am ( and staying on lot ) seems to have helped some. I have not actually played my sims in my main game for 3 weeks because I tend to get so annoyed over the reverting bug…..
    edited January 2022
    @SheriSim57 , I hear you! I was very frustrated by it as well. In my game it was happening, gauranteed, every single day if I didn't harvest by 7 am. And my gardening Sim was in the culinary career track and working until 2 am so a "by 7 am" harvest was NOT on the agenda for her.

Fortunately, in my case it was easy to resolve by just removing the Great Soil lot trait once someone clued me in that it might be the problem. Since removing the lot trait it hasn't been a problem. I can now leave plants unharvested for days without them reverting.
    I do also use Bienchen's slower eco-footprint change mod, which I'm told also has some stuff that helps with avoiding the plant reversion problem, so it could be a combination of using that mod + removing the Lot Trait which has fixed it for me.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    edited January 2022
    In my game that does not go beyond University (and does not have Seasons), no problems at all. In the loaded-up version, gave up on gardening long ago. EA has utterly wrecked it, which is very unfortunate.
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    @TeeSea

It worked! Thanks again 😁
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I've removed the great soil trait from my households and now it takes longer for plants to revert, but it's still happening. I mean, it doesn't happen after every fertilizing or watering anymore, but very randomly. Often everything is fine for a long time but when my Sim travels (through a loading screen) and comes back home all the plants have reverted to dirt piles. Also often when I change the save I notice that the whole garden has reverted.
    I already feel like it's normal in this game and I just don't care that much anymore. The fact that they can't fix this is very disappointing, but there are also a lot of other things in this game that I enjoy. At least the gardens work better now and when they do revert I just cheat them back to blooming stage (or whatever stage they were).
  • LlamaApocalypseLlamaApocalypse Posts: 1 New Member
    @Stormkeep Whats the mod you’re talking about?
    @Stormkeep Whats the mod you’re talking about?

I mentioned two mods in this thread. If you mean the patreon-only [alleged] fix for the issue, it is here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/fertilize-all-60164381
    I included the word "alleged" because I have not used that one myself so can't attest to it's veracity.

If you mean the mod that I do use which I'm told helps with the reversion issue, it's the Slower Eco Footprint mod available here: https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/nachhaltig-leben-eco-lifestyle/

I should mention that with just the mod, I still had plants reverting. Once I disabled the Great Soil lot trait it stopped, completely. So I can't attest to whether the mod helped at all or not, all I can say is that having both the mod AND removing the Great Soil lot trait completely resolved the issue.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Have you tried using pesticide?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    GO into build/buy and remove the lot trait "Great Soil". It is bugged.

If you aren't actually using that Lot trait, here's a big thread with a ton of great discussion on the issue with other suggestions. But I suspect that you are using Great Soil (like I was a few weeks ago when I had the same issue), in which case all you have to do is remove that lot trait and the problem should stop.

BTW, there actually is a mod to fix it, but right now it's Patreon only and you have to pay for it if you want it.

Wow, thanks I had no idea it was the lot Trait. I'm going to give it a try. I switched out houses for my Global Superstar and with the insightful tips from others I was able to bring his mature plants along. But, once watered, one of them replanted itself. Face/palm. They have fresh eggs from their chickens and I may return the checkmark so that they cook with fresh ingredients, too. Makes perfect sense to me. :smile: Smiling so hard my cheeks ache.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/