Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living, community boards and other worlds

ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
I am really liking the gameplay added by this pack. Unfortunately, it can be quite hard to apply the game play outside of the EL world.

The first step for the aspiration Civil Designer is to check the Community Board. None of the other worlds have them. It is quite immersion breaking for a sim in Glimmerbrook having to go to Evergreen Harbour to look at the board.

I don't mind traveling outside the immediate neighborhood to a recycling center or community lot as that makes some sense, but it would have been really nice to have had boards placed in the other neighbourhoods.

I am not expecting dumpsters and the like to have been placed, but the community boards would have been excellent opportunity to provide information from other parts of the game.

I have also bought CL, and I have noticed there is a village board in that. It is nice that this board's name and aesthetics are in keeping with that neighbourhood, but having some common functionality between them would have been really helpful in the overall cohesion of the game.

If I was to see this kind of thing appearing in my game via smart delivery I would be very pleased indeed.
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2022
    You can get the community board in the build/buy catalog and place it on any lot you wish in any world and it will function. I put them in my parks, and sometimes outside of my libraries. You can also build a community lot in any world you choose and place it there as well.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    You can get the community board in the build/buy catalog and place it on any lot you wish in any world and it will function. I put them in my parks, and sometimes outside of my libraries. You can also build a community lot in any world you choose and place it there as well.

Aye, I will do that. Actually didn't occur to me - doh. Thank you :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    What can you do on the community board that you can't just do from your mailbox? I mean other than the vote for what the lot itself will be if it's a "Community Space" type lot. Just curious what need there is for one outside of the community spaces; I have yet to visit the world itself from EL so have never used one of the boards.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Also, if you use the T.O.O.L mod, you can place them in the open street of each neighbourhood to have access from all the lots without loading screens.

I usually add them to the little social BBQ areas or play parks that are built into the worlds.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Also, if you use the T.O.O.L mod, you can place them in the open street of each neighbourhood to have access from all the lots without loading screens.

I usually add them to the little social BBQ areas or play parks that are built into the worlds.

I have seen that TOOL mod mentioned a few times. I think I might take a proper look at it. Thanks for chivvying me up :)

I am still a bit hazy on exactly what areas are being influenced depending on the sims/neighbourhood/world, etc. I am hoping to experiment more when my game progresses to the next voting period.

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    edited January 2022

I have seen that TOOL mod mentioned a few times. I think I might take a proper look at it. Thanks for chivvying me up :)

I am still a bit hazy on exactly what areas are being influenced depending on the sims/neighbourhood/world, etc. I am hoping to experiment more when my game progresses to the next voting period.

For NAPs - Any sim that lives in that street/zone can change and is effected by NAPs in that area. Streets/zones are those highlighted areas on the map when you hover over a lot. Most cover about 4/5 lots, some more, some less.

For the Community Space - These seem to just go by whoever votes there. I like to have them in the poorest part of town (where sharing resources seems necessary), or the commercial area.

Only residents of lots in each street/zone can vote, so no NAPs should theoretically happen at the single lot park neighbourhood with no nearby houses, for example. You could make the Park into a Community Space instead and have sims vote to change the type, however.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I've added them to museums and parks in every world. I make over each lot anyway, so it never bothered me they weren't there.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Only residents of lots in each street/zone can vote, so no NAPs should theoretically happen at the single lot park neighbourhood with no nearby houses, for example. You could make the Park into a Community Space instead and have sims vote to change the type, however.

You wish. NAPs are found in every neighborhood, but sims can only vote for NAPs in the neighborhood they live in.

I had to add a household to Magnolia Promenade to be able to change the NAP in that neighborhood.

In that case debug cheats or mods that access them could be used to set them for those neighbourhoods. They shouldn't change once set, as long as all slots are filled.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The NAPs became a nuisance in my game so I repealed all of them, in each and every neighbourhood.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The NAPs became a nuisance in my game so I repealed all of them, in each and every neighbourhood.

Same here. I like the general idea of NAPs but not the execution. And I play so many different kinds of saves that keeping up with them all would be even more annoying. But what the pack did right is the inclusion of an option to turn off NPC-voting for NAPs, which I've chosen to do.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited January 2022
    In my game, NAPs are only being passed in neighborhoods in which I play an active Sim household and I'm making sure to vote for only the NAPs that I want. Are they supposed to be getting passed in other neighborhoods too? I'm confused.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    In my game, NAPs are only being passed in neighborhoods in which I play an active Sim household and I'm making sure to vote for only the NAPs that I want. Are they supposed to be getting passed in other neighborhoods too? I'm confused.

Yes, they do. Even though I had set NPC voting to off, there were active NAPs in most of my neighbourhoods, even in those without playable sims. I don't mind clay and tablets strewn everywhere but when bar chairs started disappearing it was too much. And it wasn't just bar chairs, they stripped my spa of almost all furniture in like 3 minutes of gameplay.

Yes, they do. Even though I had set NPC voting to off, there were active NAPs in most of my neighbourhoods, even in those without playable sims. I don't mind clay and tablets strewn everywhere but when bar chairs started disappearing it was too much. And it wasn't just bar chairs, they stripped my spa of almost all furniture in like 3 minutes of gameplay.

That's so weird that none are being passed in my game in other neighborhoods. I don't even have NPC voting disabled (it is on), but still no NAPS have passed in any neighborhoods except the 3 where I've played households. And for those, no naps passed except during the time I was playing the household specifically in that neighborhood.

I use a mod that makes sure only residents are allowed to vote. Maybe what I am seeing is an undocumented feature of that mod.

That's so weird that none are being passed in my game in other neighborhoods. I don't even have NPC voting disabled (it is on), but still no NAPS have passed in any neighborhoods except the 3 where I've played households. And for those, no naps passed except during the time I was playing the household specifically in that neighborhood.

I use a mod that makes sure only residents are allowed to vote. Maybe what I am seeing is an undocumented feature of that mod.

I play vanilla and for a long time my game was fine. Then something changed I think with a patch or something because suddenly there was looting everywhere in my game. When I checked, the Sharing is caring NAP was active in about 4 neighbourhoods, and stealing was happening even in neighbourhoods with no NAPs active at all.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have NPC voting off in my game options and I never get NAPs unless I make one of my sims vote for something. Thank heavens :D

They were a great idea in principle but a terrible thing in reality.

I do, however, love the community spaces and have some dotted around in my other worlds with the community boards on them. I tend to have my sims vote for different types of community lots in different worlds so I have a variety to visit.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I've placed community boards at community lots around each world... not only does it satisfy the milestone you're referring to, but it also makes a really nice aesthetic to public venues as well! Especially parks!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

That isn't an issue with NAPs being set in unoccupied neighbourhoods, though. That is a bug with that specific NAP trait being stuck on sims even when they leave the neighbourhood it was applied in.