Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Apocalypse challenge

A while ago, I wanted to play a legacy challenge and the https://simslegacychallenge.com/1-01-rules-update-apocalypse-challenge/ looked cool but it hadn't been updated in forever and a day. Looking, I found Pinstar had no plans to update it. So me, being me, decided to try to update it (the things I'll do to avoid writing my actual book...)

I've been working at it off and on for a few months now as my will to procrastinate defeats my will to write (So much of writing is avoiding writing...) but I'd love to hear what other's feedback on teh original challenge is or things they think should be changed. On twitch I've been streaming my first test play through, mostly so I don't look crazy talking to myself when my husband gets home from work(stay at home mom + writer = What are other people?) and I've already found a few kinks in the rules.
It's just one of those days...
Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Suggestion, since s4 has similar mechanics to ts2 in that there are no rabbit hole buildings or open world start with the ts2 restrictions and revamp them to s4 mechanics based on what is available in s4 and the s4 packs.

Example if a player has country living they need to take the self sustaining lot trait, along with off the grid, and grungy until relevant clears are lifted.

List each clear by it's base restriction, any packs that add a career determine if there's a way to do an alt base game clear and if not then make that career a sub clear option of an existing career track.

Examples of what I'm talking about can be found on the site for the s3 apoc rules.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes