Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It's a shame that weddings now a days atleast where I'm from isn't as important anymore, most of the younger generation either don't want to or not bothered about getting married ever, between you and us, I'm more disappointed not seeing a man in a kilt more often 🤣, I think now a days in my country not getting married doesn't mean your not in love, but when a wedding does occur the Scots make a wedding/ party you won't forget 😂, if it is a weddings/romance packs please have kilts in it
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    Well as for that wedding pack, I might buy it if more romantic interactions will be added to the limited existing pool.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Weddings don't even work properly in game, a pack dedicated to them when the guests won't even sit down and watch the ceremony?

Speaking of ceremony, why are my sims forced into christian western ideals of wedding garb? Yes I can change my controlled sim out of it but what about if one of the couple is an npc.

I'm hoping they bring back the sims own religion rather than going with the real world ones. TSM gave us the Watcher religion with two branches and it would be fun if they would expand on that.

But if we do get real world items I'm hoping it'll be traditional wedding stuff from around the world, especially since we have Hawaiian and Japanese inspired worlds.

What I'd like to see is an overhaul of the romance system. Bring back attraction, turn ons/turn offs, starsigns (plus things like favourite food, fiction genres etc which could affect how well a date goes). And the chocolate box they used to bring if you invited them around with high friendship in TS1. Before I leant the secret of rosebud those chocolates would keep my sims alive in the early days of no money.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    I love weddings. My youngest son is getting married in April and I'm so excited. Been practicing my Cha Cha Slide and Wobble. 😄 I love a good party. Parties in the game are fun also.
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I love weddings. My youngest son is getting married in April and I'm so excited. Been practicing my Cha Cha Slide and Wobble. 😄 I love a good party. Parties in the game are fun also.

Ooo congrats! One of my granddaughters has their wedding planned for this May. Fingers crossed as lockdowns have "rescheduled" the big day twice since Covid. I am so looking forward to getting out of my apartment. LOL

Congrats @simgirl1010 and @Bluegayle, that’s great news! ❤️

I didn’t mean to sound like Grumpty Dumpty either!
    The concept of weddings - especially one of my own - feels very, very strange to me, but I appreciate that this special day means the world to a lot of people and that’s all that matters. I just don’t think I look great in a wedding dress.

I’ve attended some wonderful weddings…in fact, my life seems to be surrounded by weddings so it’s not as if I can just ignore them, haha. I have another one coming up at the end of this year. It never stops.
    Folks tend to lure me into their weddings with requests so they often ask me to design or perform something. … No. No, I never performed as a clown and I also never performed as a Michael Bubble imitator. I sound like a Michael Bubble who swallowed a small pirate who smokes 20 fagzz a day and I don’t even smoke…but I can do Magic Mike. And that’s without requests. 😜😜😜

This wedding stuff is not even part of my professional repertoire, but it gets me a day off work, a night of free drinks and lots of party fun and sure that’s the main thing isn’t it? At least I don’t have to deal with the married life after the party. 😆
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I agree, real life weddings are weird and completely unnecessary.

“Until death do us part?”

Are ye kidding me? I may be dead, but I’ll be haunting you until the end of yer days lady. And when you’re done, you’re coming with me. I don’t care about your new husband. 👻

It’s not weird to want weird weddings in the game though.
    I’d like a corpse bride. Not in real life. That would also be quite unnecessary. In the game, yes. That would make sense.

I hope this “wedding pack” is less like Dream Home Decorator and more like Jungle Adventures. A mix of both? Go ahead, surprise me.

If you appear on a "Bachelor" like show to find your corpse bride, I would totally go on it as a contestant.

I guess I feel honored 😆
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Anyone know if there's a "The Bachelor" like game challenge for TS4?

That might be fun to setup a household with 1 controlled sim and 7 NPC roommates, and the goal is to find "the one".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    If it is a pack about weddings I hope that's not all were getting in a game pack, I'm hoping it's about everything romantic including improving weddings, for example your sims can go on dating sites, slow dancing, sending woohooty texts, gifting eatable chocolate heart box , a bouquet of roses in different colours, going on a honeymoon, CAS could mostly focus on formal wear and sleep wear, they could bring back the love bed and heart hot tub, build & buy could give a romantic vibe candles, love seats etc, rose petals on the floor, Mr and Mrs towels in simlish, a chemistry system, turn ons and offs

We already have rose pedals on the floor. That came with City Living
    I think we wil be getting a teaser close to the end of January.

Next week probably.
    Peral wrote: »
    If that is so, the pack should be released in late february or early march

I'm thinking Late January.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can't wait to see everyone's wedding pictures. I just realized I have no couples ready for marriage in my game. 😂

Use your married ones and have them renew their vows at the arch.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Can't wait to see everyone's wedding pictures. I just realized I have no couples ready for marriage in my game. 😂

I totally forgot we can do the renew vows thing!

I want to do that for my already married sims! 😀 (I already created them married in CAS, but it would be great to have the ceremony anyway.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I did renew some wows, they kissed and there was some confetti and was over and done in 1 minute. :lol:
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a "The Bachelor" like game challenge for TS4?

That might be fun to setup a household with 1 controlled sim and 7 NPC roommates, and the goal is to find "the one".

Last fall I started the Bachelor Challenge using these rules:
    http://www.xurbansimsx.com/p/the-sims-4.html?m=1

Was pretty fun watching the dynamics in the house unfold and planning each day.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I don't understand why so many people are so down on a wedding planner career?

I think many folks are worried about the career being half-baked, or being the only gameplay aspect, when many of us are also hoping for more romance gameplay improvements.

That's exactly my opinion @LatinaBunny @AncientMuse
    Wedding planner career could be fun, but not interesting enough on its own to make me buy a pack.
    gen3-banner.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I know I'd be disappointed if wedding planner is the only gameplay aspect of the pack.

I want gameplay that adds to all of the Sim Households that I play way more than one's that add only to a sim who follows a specific career or who is a specific occult type. That's why packs like Get to Work and Vampires are super low on my "ranking" of packs, while packs like Seasons and Dine Out are near the top.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Didn't someone find a hint online dating was making a comeback? If so, seems like there might be some focus on stuff other than weddings, so romance possibly.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Didn't someone find a hint online dating was making a comeback? If so, seems like there might be some focus on stuff other than weddings, so romance possibly.

I remembered some folks looking at some really old surveys from the past, and one or two of the surveys had a romance and wedding pack that had match making, international wedding outfits, and I think online dating as well. I can’t remember right now if wedding planning was one of the features, but wedding was a big portion of it.

Of course, plans could have changed by then, and the pack becomes entirely about wedding stuff.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    All very well for you romance types, but am feeling underwhelmed. My sims, played and not, need no encouraging from another pack to indulge in romance. Have been hoping for something of substance.
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    Online dating in TS3 is rather boring.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish your son a happy marriage.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I'm obviously one of the less romantic simmers as I hardly ever took the time to allow my sims have a real wedding party. I did it 2 or 3 times since 2014, and I still prefer just doing the immediate married thing. I'd rather throw them a regular party or just send a group to party at a nightclub as part of the day. But mostly I send them to keep studying their skills or bond with their bees directly after their married - hm, perhaps they will get 45 minutes in a bed first ;)

Still curious to see what this gp might offer, though. If it is packed with romantic features aside of the wedding itself, I might get tempted, but my hopes for that are not so high. Dating, chemistry, a little more drama to a marriage during life. Will anyway enjoy watching pictures from other simmers' games, I might even be able to express one or two awwwws :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I love sim weddings. I have one just about every rotation in my game. I've downloaded tons of wedding venues from the gallery, and used just about every formal dress that has a white option as a wedding dress. More dresses, tuxes, flower arrangements, cake styles, etc. in a stuff pack would be great, but I'm not sure what will be added to make it a game pack.

What I hope for: a second type of wedding party that has options for choosing officiants, attendants, flower girls and ring bearers (including the option to designate a pet as one of these), honeymoons, additional dance options including the slow dance, maybe bachelor or bachelorette parties (including destination ones), a new world with a romance vibe, an actual wedding/event venue lot type.
    What I don't want: a wedding planner career that takes the focus off playing the couple and onto playing the planner, a forced attraction system that interferes with my ability to decide who my sims marry (totally ok with an optional one, or one I can easily game to get the results I want).

For romance in general I wouldn't mind some more romantic challenges and options. I'd like the possibility that two sims won't have exactly the same level of romance or friendship with each other. Also some options to get sims into full pink bars while their friendship is really low or even in the red.

I doubt the honeymoon and destination parties will happen because hotels and resorts are not in the game and if they were coming with this pack they'd probably lead with that as the selling point. Not sure how much of a romance overhaul falls under the "party for love" description, though they could add those features as a free update. Weddings by themselves just don't offer enough content for a whole game pack though, so something else has to be included. I may be really excited for this pack or totally meh about it depending on what that something else turns out to be.
    I hope this pack adds new kisses both standing and setting.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2022
    If I don't get slow dancing finally in that romantic game pack im gonna riot. There is a NEED. (Would like to see surprise engagements come back too. Plus weddings need such a overhaul.)

Don't really care that's not an EP as I'm hoping some of the other surprises will be some more pack refreshes and fixes to the base game.
    5vJrxmT.png
    I woke up with this beautiful idea and realized…

We should get a Mariachi band! I don’t know why, but I love - love - love mariachi bands.
    I want werecowboys and horses and mariachi bands.

If this wedding related pack comes with some sort of mariachi band mechanism thingie….I’m sold. I’m in.
    Like those mariachis who play romantic songs at your bistro table (especially annoying when you’re just having lunch with your sister) I’d love those in game! 🪅

And then I could play with a traveling bunch of outlaws who disguise themselves as a mariachi band. Of course they’d be really good musicians. But they’d also be really clever criminals. I’m so ready for this wedding pack.
    Please do the mariachi thing. 🥺