Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Lielf, I don't think it's weird. I also think they are unnecessary irl...more than just unecessary, even. I could go on for a long time about my irl feelings against weddings.

But I love to have them in the game....I don't think I've ever played a Sim in any iteration of the game, all the way back to TS1, where there wasn't eventually a big wedding event. Given my irl feelings on weddings, I think I beat you on the weird scale.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Lielf, I don't think it's weird. I also think they are unnecessary irl...more than just unecessary, even. I could go on for a long time about my irl feelings against weddings.

But I love to have them in the game....I don't think I've ever played a Sim in any iteration of the game, all the way back to TS1, where there wasn't eventually a big wedding event. Given my irl feelings on weddings, I think I beat you on the weird scale.

Haha, maybe you have. I've had a couple of weddings in my game, the most interesting was when one of my Spellcaster twin sisters (the more "lighthearted" and innocent of the two) got the phone call to inherit a bunch of money if she married in seven days, and normally she never would have except that the "darker" sister pushed her into it and assured her she'd "take care of it" if he was unsatisfactory. :grin: They had a Victorian backyard wedding in Henford but so far the husband is still alive and the dark sister is getting impatient.

So there's that. o:)
    #Team Occult
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I just hope there's some kind of awesome new 'honeymoon' location for our simmies to visit... and never leave. I don't care where it is, I'm just really crossing my fingers for a new world/destination to add into the mix. There's no such thing as too many worlds in the Sims 4, as far as I'm concerned.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I agree, real life weddings are weird and completely unnecessary.

“Until death do us part?”

Are ye kidding me? I may be dead, but I’ll be haunting you until the end of yer days lady. And when you’re done, you’re coming with me. I don’t care about your new husband. 👻

It’s not weird to want weird weddings in the game though.
    I’d like a corpse bride. Not in real life. That would also be quite unnecessary. In the game, yes. That would make sense.

I hope this “wedding pack” is less like Dream Home Decorator and more like Jungle Adventures. A mix of both? Go ahead, surprise me.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I still love irl weddings.

I just hope this pack has some gameplay as well as wedding B/B and CAS stuff.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Maybe they could add tax deductions for married sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I love weddings. My youngest son is getting married in April and I'm so excited. Been practicing my Cha Cha Slide and Wobble. 😄 I love a good party. Parties in the game are fun also.
    I love weddings. My youngest son is getting married in April and I'm so excited. Been practicing my Cha Cha Slide and Wobble. 😄 I love a good party. Parties in the game are fun also.

Congrats to your son! May his newly wedded love and happiness last a lifetime. <3
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Congrats to your son! May his newly wedded love and happiness last a lifetime. <3

Thank you! 😊
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Congrats!!🥳🥳🥳🥳 I think weddings irl are beautiful. I've been to some amazing ones myself.
    I hope you all have a good time!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    It's just that since I play with the same immortal sims for ever and ever in an apocalypse, weddings are just kinda at the bottom of the list and the same sims can only marry eachother so many times over 😅😅😅
    But hey, as long as it's not a career focused pack (I don't do careers either) I think this has potential to bring so interesting aspects to weddings even if it's more wedding focused then I would like. I can't wait to see a trailer or something so I can get an idea of what's going on with this pack.
    And I noticed the sims I do have that are romantic I kind of like to keep them in the sweethearts phase rather then marry.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2022
    LiELF wrote: »
    How many weddings can a player have in their game, anyway?

Now funerals... funerals, I could do. >:)

Why choose when you can have both the same day :innocent:

I just wish we also had dragons to torch the evidence

and it would surely be more lovely and dramatic if sims actually cared for each other
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Congrats to your family! Any occasion that makes people happy in the real world is nice to see, especially in these times. :)

Just because weddings aren't for me doesn't mean I don't love a party of someone else's or that I don't wish them happiness. I'm not that cranky, lol. :p
    #Team Occult

Congrats to your family! Any occasion that makes people happy in the real world is nice to see, especially in these times. :)

Just because weddings aren't for me doesn't mean I don't love a party of someone else's or that I don't wish them happiness. I'm not that cranky, lol. :p

I'm that cranky. ;)

But weddings are an awesome excuse for making merry on food and drink. And then making a fool of one's self on the dance floor after generously imbibing on said drinks.
    edited January 2022

I'm that cranky. ;)

But weddings are an awesome excuse for making merry on food and drink. And then making a fool of one's self on the dance floor after generously imbibing on said drinks.

Agreed! :D

But hey, I just thought of something regarding the Wedding pack... What if it includes arranged marriages and you can have two Sims marry each other who don't even like each other and then they're stuck together and have to cope and life is miserable? I could get a wedding pack for that. Heck, I could even want a wedding pack for that.
    #Team Occult

Congrats to your son! 🎊🎉🎂🍰Best wishes to the happy couple! 💐🌷🌹💞💝
    (She/her)
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

Congratulations 🎊🍾
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im definitely looking forward to this since as much as I love having weddings in the game, I rarely have them since they're such a chore to pull off. Not to mention the guests just love crowding the bartender and the entertainer so much to the point that I stopped having them at all. I want the guests to pay attention to the happy couple! So Im hoping weddings will get a much needed update. And even if weddings arent the focal point, new romantic stuff is a plus in my book. But Im crossing my fingers for lots of wedding related stuff.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I have never had a wedding in the Sims 4. I hope it's a fun pack. Based on trends, I suspect there will be a lot of wedding CAS for many different cultures, many different cultural traditions, many cultural decorations. A wedding planner pack that allows you to choose what kind of wedding you want to create. Pretty much DHD, but with CAS assets. That's what I am expecting. I hope I am wrong. I do have a 100% track record of being wrong. So there's that.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I agree, real life weddings are weird and completely unnecessary.

“Until death do us part?”

Are ye kidding me? I may be dead, but I’ll be haunting you until the end of yer days lady. And when you’re done, you’re coming with me. I don’t care about your new husband. 👻

It’s not weird to want weird weddings in the game though.
    I’d like a corpse bride. Not in real life. That would also be quite unnecessary. In the game, yes. That would make sense.

I hope this “wedding pack” is less like Dream Home Decorator and more like Jungle Adventures. A mix of both? Go ahead, surprise me.

If you appear on a "Bachelor" like show to find your corpse bride, I would totally go on it as a contestant.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

Ooo congrats! One of my granddaughters has their wedding planned for this May. Fingers crossed as lockdowns have "rescheduled" the big day twice since Covid. I am so looking forward to getting out of my apartment. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Ooo congrats! One of my granddaughters has their wedding planned for this May. Fingers crossed as lockdowns have "rescheduled" the big day twice since Covid. I am so looking forward to getting out of my apartment. LOL

Congrats to your granddaughter as well! 🤗🎊🎉🎂🍰🌸
    (She/her)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Weddings don't even work properly in game, a pack dedicated to them when the guests won't even sit down and watch the ceremony?

Speaking of ceremony, why are my sims forced into christian western ideals of wedding garb? Yes I can change my controlled sim out of it but what about if one of the couple is an npc. And why is it limited to only being a couple... Ahem.

I don't see the point to begin with when sims relationships are so shallow and lacking in any kind of feeling.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I guess they will have to fix the bug with Sims neither sitting down nor reacting to the wedding ceremony for the occasion of the pack release.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    What I need now is a new world where I can place my other Sims because all of the residential lots are now occupied.