Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of all these kit packs

I'm really tired of all these kits coming out. I don't like any of them. Where are the new expansion and game packs?

If the franchise is just focusing on producing kits, then they really need to move on to Sims 5.

Just saying...

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2022
    You have my sympathy and my sorrow. I know games and releases can cause lasting disappointment.
    Post edited by Benjamilian on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i agree its time for sims5 but also addition of packs for sims4 is also a good way to have missing content
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    I am also tired of having only kits for half a year. But I am not ready for Sims 5 yet. I want to have werewolves, hotels and a few other things in sims 4 before the end.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Try going to bed earlier in the evening, and drink plenty of water. Vitamin D supplements also help with fatigue in winter.

A dose of Vitamin D may help to boost one's dark and gloomy 'I-hate-the-whole-world' mood....

But nothing beats playing the Sims 4 whilst chowing down on an A&W mozza burger, onion rings, and an ice cold frothy root beer. Instant happy pill, I say. Instant.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    The Sims 4 needs to move away from kits and move on to something more meaningful. Like dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yeah... kits have gotten me to play a bunch of other games instead. I still play the sims4 but...way less than what I used to.

What am I supposed to do with all these kits?
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah... kits have gotten me to play a bunch of other games instead. I still play the sims4 but...way less than what I used to.

You've still got 11 expansion packs, 10 game packs, and 18 stuff packs to choose from. 🙂
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Try going to bed earlier in the evening, and drink plenty of water. Vitamin D supplements also help with fatigue in winter.

This is really uncalled for. The user has a legitimate complaint and you make fun of them. Wow...
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. In fact, it seems like most people are getting sick of Kits, including the author of this article from TheGamer:
    https://thegamer.com/release-sims-5-already/

Some interesting comments they made were:
    'In 2021, DLC shifted focus from a selection of more in-depth content, including expansions, game, and stuff packs, to several months of nothing but kits. This was despite initial reassurance that these new packs - which focus on adding a small number of niche items, mostly comprising of furniture and clothing - were “bite-sized” to "keep you going while you are waiting for those really big packs."'

"Kits may offer better value than the previous storefronts but they don’t offer better value than other forms of DLC."

"In short, The Sims 4 has become stale. The kits themselves are fine, but that’s the problem. Fine isn’t good enough for a life simulation game that only recently got story progression."

"Maybe I could be persuaded to stay longer with the addition of more hobbies, a chemistry system, or one of many other previously unexplored features, but this isn’t what we’ve got. Some ‘80s athletic wear, a broken vacuum cleaner, and some cute plants just aren’t going to persuade me to stick around."

And I completely agree with them.
    When even Gaming publications (who are generally very optimistic) are sick of them, you know you're in trouble.
    bixters wrote: »
    Some ‘80s athletic wear, a broken vacuum cleaner, and some cute plants just aren’t going to persuade me to stick around

Well looks to me like plenty are still hanging around waiting for the next pack. At least here on the forum.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    But nothing beats playing the Sims 4 whilst chowing down on an A&W mozza burger, onion rings, and an ice cold frothy root beer. Instant happy pill, I say. Instant.
    I've never had such things, but I'm still drooling. Why must you make me so hungry when I'm in bed with insomnia? Sounds so delish.

And even though I am normally highly enthusiastic about anything Simlish, even I am getting tired of the kits. Mainly because they keep chucking cas kits at us.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Getting sick of the kits is a valid complaint/criticism. I think it doesn’t help when there is only one pack and not one, but two, kits in the same quarter. People are getting vocal about this on Twitter as well, so hopefully the Sims team takes that into consideration and consider working more on packs.

As for me, I totally understand the frustration, but at the same time, I’m lucky to have bought the packs later, and I do like some kits, so I still have plenty of content to still play with while I wait. And, I am excited about the wedding pack/whatever love pack.

But, I can totally understand the other simmers’ frustrations because they have been waiting for gameplay content, and they just ended up with 2 kits and a pack they may or may not be interested in. And that’s it for the quarter, so simmers would have to wait even longer for more gameplay.

Here’s hoping there will be a major pack next quarter for the simmers who are not interested in the wedding pack.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Why can't I have clothes for kids and toddlers too!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Why can't I have clothes for kids and toddlers too!

I haven't bought most of the kits which only add CAS stuff, but I'd totally buy one devoted to just children and/or toddler clothing.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    I just hope there will be a Kit that contains only a new world and nothing else. All residential lots in my game are now occupied.
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    Same. I've never bought a kit and I certainly never will. This constant stream of CAS assets is so dull.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

You've still got 11 expansion packs, 10 game packs, and 18 stuff packs to choose from. 🙂

People have been there and have done that in the last 7years over and over... if they own the full collection. Where is the new experience? Not everyone has the dedication to stick to one family or even one save file.

Its funny how the sims team is trying to keep the players engaged with these limited timed scenarios, the sponsorships with the game changers where they tell you how they make the game fun and kits, but people are not having it.

All of this is just making simmers casual players that might play for 2Months straight and leave the game for 6Months. I am lucky that i only started in 2018 so i do have some exploration but when i have explored it all i will become one of those casual ones that buys the games on a black friday sale in the winter time and plays it until spring and go off again.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Though I have bought EPs and GPs for the game released in 2020 and 2021, I didn't actually update my game during that time until right before this past Christmas. So for me, I have all the game updates and packs from those 2 years untouched...until now.
    I got a LOT of content that's new for me. :grin:

My reasons for not updating for over 2 years is that a modder I use a lot of stuff from quit modding and a set of his mods involves making a bunch of game items into containers....instead of needing to go through all households that had those containers and removing them, I just chose not to update my game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited January 2022
    While I'm still having a lot of fun with this game and don't absolutely need new content to do so, I am kind of tired of only getting CAS kits as those are the ones I've been least interested in (although I did love the Fashion Street kit).

I'm at least glad that we know that we do have a game pack coming out soon so that those who aren't enjoying the kits have something to look forward to.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    sinnyonce wrote: »
    Same. I've never bought a kit and I certainly never will. This constant stream of CAS assets is so dull.

Agreed. There are so many clothing items already that I just don't feel the need for more. I can sort of see the lure of build/buy mode kits a bit more - Courtyard Oasis is pretty, but I still don't think I'd get the use out of it. I bought some of the extra content in the Sims 3 store, I admit, and sometimes regretted it (especially the Venice canals and castle building sets...) I feel no burning need for any of the existing kits right now, and haven't entered the competitions to win any of them because I'd rather the prizes went to people who would enjoy them. Even with Stuff Packs I only own a handful of the packs available but at least those do come with gameplay items.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    PreCiious wrote: »
    [People have been there and have done that in the last 7years over and over... if they own the full collection. Where is the new experience? Not everyone has the dedication to stick to one family or even one save file.

@PreCiious I guess my playstyle has shielded me from boredom and monotony all these years. :) I do hope the next pack will inject some much needed engaging gameplay for the kit weary crowd.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    PreCiious wrote: »

People have been there and have done that in the last 7years over and over... if they own the full collection. Where is the new experience? Not everyone has the dedication to stick to one family or even one save file.

Its funny how the sims team is trying to keep the players engaged with these limited timed scenarios, the sponsorships with the game changers where they tell you how they make the game fun and kits, but people are not having it.

All of this is just making simmers casual players that might play for 2Months straight and leave the game for 6Months. I am lucky that i only started in 2018 so i do have some exploration but when i have explored it all i will become one of those casual ones that buys the games on a black friday sale in the winter time and plays it until spring and go off again.

Yeah, my playstyle have often been, buy a new pack, explore the pack by building something and creating some sims, and then play the pack for a while.

With CAS and Build kits I'm supposed to... build lots and create sims, but play the same packs that I have played? A lot of these packs are getting really old.

What is the point of buying clothes and items for my sims if there is nothing new to do?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited January 2022

What is the point of buying clothes and items for my sims if there is nothing new to do?

That's the part that irritates me about CAS/BB kits. I want places to go, venues to see, activities to engage in, you know actual different and unique gameplay that's totally different than what we already have.

While CAS and BB kits are nice to have more variety and selections of things to dress up our sims and decorate our homes, we don't even get new hairs, facial hair, shoes, etc in most of them. And, like you said, then what? You still only have the exact same venues, and activities for your sims to experience as you did prior to buying it. They don't add anything to make the game more engaging as an actual Live Mode player.

Post edited by Chicklet453681 on