Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Carnival Streetwear Leaked

Comments

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    And I'm honestly surprised so many people here are liking this, because when townies run around like that in our games, we usually complain in unison...
    We (the ones on this thread who like it) are the only ones that like it, apparently. There’s a lot of hate for this kit on Twitter, so folks who don’t like this pack are not alone, heh. 🙂

Honestly I just don't like the name of the kit, it's false advertising for my region, streetfashion in carnival seasons means in carnival strongholds of my country many, many different costumes, much juices ;) and sweet treats and for those business people a cut off tie in the last days before ash wednesday. I wish they would specify the name of it better, but that's all. About the rest I shrug with my shoulders. If people like the outfits, then I'm happy for them.

Aaaah yes…Europe…a long long time ago I attended some of those carnival celebrations in Germany and the south of The Netherlands, and man…it’s mayhem to the nth degree and goes on for days and days on end. Folks even get a week off for this, right? I’m talking parades followed by bonfires on the streets and people in all kinds of weird clown costumes dancing around it. It’s like Halloween in February, but it’s mostly tricks and the treats are literally thrown in your face, don’t bother with the cute little songs and the pumpkin buckets.
    Wonderful, wonderful, especially the juice. Some of the music though …sorry…it’s too nuts, even for a nutter like myself. 😆

I agree that the name of the kit can be misleading, since we don’t really know to which “Carnaval” they’re referring? And then not seeing the stereotypical Carnaval wear is a bit of a downer to be honest. This is just ..”Girls Night Out Wear”. I mean, not a clown costume or 🐲🐲🐲🐲* in sight. Or perhaps what we see is Modern Clownswear. It makes sense.

Then again..we haven’t heard anything official yet, so we can’t really say much about this “leak”.
    I do think It’s unfair to expect folks to know this kit specifically points at Brazilian carnaval streetwear due to the way it’s written.
    “OMG excuse me don’t you guys know??”
    Ehr..no I don’t. I’m an Irishman and a really dumb one at that. I wear shoemaker clothes and I hide a naggin of the good water under a green top hat with a clover leaf stitched onto it.

Or is it South American Carnival? Carnival, Carnaval, Karnaval…
    I dunno, anyway, what’s wrong with stereotypes? I’m probably the only one who still thinks that’s funny.
    Ok go ahead, cancel me. 🤭

* EDIT: my proud bird got censored there…

Hehehe :D, I look envious from the self-absorbed modern hipster-occupied Berlin to the rhineland, they don't get a week off, but many of them don't have to work on monday and tuesday (and I believe the prior thursday), but it's a common madness there, people wouldn't arrive at time, streets are closed anyways. For many songs (actually for most of the german party songs) you need to get juiced to bare them, they don't meant to be heard sober. I love the parade truck, which makes fun about the serious topics from the last year. Some of them have very dark humor. I think, yes the new kit is a lookalike brazil, the picture awakes the association with brazil, but indeed it could be anywhere in the carribean or south america. And I don't know how they will call it in my language, I hope they are just aware now about the cultural differences. ;)

And why I should cancel you? I love your posts.

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    So I noticed something interesting about the three leading figures in the image. The one on the left has a red top, while the one on the right has a greenish-yellow top (with green underneath, and yellow & green shorts.) The one in the middle has a purple top that looks like scales.

Dragons in The Sims 1 came in red, yellow and purple. Sims 1 and Freeplay also have green dragons. This is a hint towards a dragon pack.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    Carnival is a big part of Caribbean culture too - this would be a great opportunity to include some new afro hairstyles, which are still lacking in the game.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So I noticed something interesting about the three leading figures in the image. The one on the left has a red top, while the one on the right has a greenish-yellow top (with green underneath, and yellow & green shorts.) The one in the middle has a purple top that looks like scales.

Dragons in The Sims 1 came in red, yellow and purple. Sims 1 and Freeplay also have green dragons. This is a hint towards a dragon pack.

Could be dragons. I thought the sequins pattern was huge, looks more like scales, thought they maybe used the mermaid scales base pattern. Maybe it's dragon scales.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

You are so right! Also, the greenish mesh creates a look like scales, too, and the glitter on the red could represent a different kind of scale... Sigh. We can dream.

I am Team Dragon!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dragons is a huge leap, but I wouldn’t be against getting more occult stuff in the future, of course, hehe! 😄

Could be just a “mermaid-themed” or a sequin look, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Daravi wrote: »

Hehehe :D, I look envious from the self-absorbed modern hipster-occupied Berlin to the rhineland, they don't get a week off, but many of them don't have to work on monday and tuesday (and I believe the prior thursday), but it's a common madness there, people wouldn't arrive at time, streets are closed anyways.

Hmm…that does sound like a typical day where I live.
    For many songs (actually for most of the german party songs) you need to get juiced to bare them, they don't meant to be heard sober.

I suppose I was only able to hear those songs when I was sober. They made me get juiced a lot faster than usual as they began to pose a threat to the health of my poor ear organs, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. In my case. Or…… At least the ehr…juice bar owners were happy to have me. I can’t really remember much after that. 😅
    I love the parade truck, which makes fun about the serious topics from the last year. Some of them have very dark humor. I think, yes the new kit is a lookalike brazil, the picture awakes the association with brazil, but indeed it could be anywhere in the carribean or south america. And I don't know how they will call it in my language, I hope they are just aware now about the cultural differences. ;)

True, but that goes both ways. I’ve been made aware of the cultural differences, too. I’ve learned that Carnaval streetwear is not what I thought it would be IF this is indeed an official kit name & content.
    To me it looks like a Get Together (let’s go clubbin’) add-on and that’s totally fine if people enjoy that.
    Whenever I hear or read the word “Carnaval” however, I expect something more flamboyant, crazy, exotic and grandiose.
    But if this is what it is, then it is what it is.

And why I should cancel you? I love your posts.
    Oh..I’m sure there are plenty of reasons folks would want to cancel me 😅. But I thank you for the kind comment.
    The last part in my previous post wasn’t directed at you specifically though, no worries.
    I’m the kinda guy who starts talking to one person first, then to many peoples at once and after everybody suddenly leaves the room….🤔…..I’d still be talking…

You should challenge the profanity filter on this very forum. There’s a big hint for you.
    But you already knew that and I’m just late to the party, right? 😅

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

I'm starting to worry about you. 😄
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

I'd cancel you out, but you live in Ireland.

... which is right next door to Scotland
    ... which is my favourite place
    ... with my favourite people
    ... wearing my favourite type of man skirt

But most importantly...
    Because Ireland is the birth place of Guinness. And as we all know, Guinness is the nectar of the gawds.

So if I were to cancel you out, what would I drink while spending the day admiring your next door neighbours' fashionable calendars on the internet?

B)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

But most importantly...
    Because Ireland is the birth place of Guinness. And as we all know, Guinness is the nectar of the gawds.

So if I were to cancel you out, what would I drink while spending the day admiring your next door neighbours' fashionable calendars on the internet?

B)

Oh my. That was a sight for my tired, sleepy eyes. Suddenly I'm fully awake 😄
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I see what you are doing.

Someday, you will manifest a mastery of quantum physics.

And there will be dragons.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2022
    You should challenge the profanity filter on this very forum. There’s a big hint for you.
    But you already knew that and I’m just late to the party, right? 😅
    🐸🐸🐸🐸

!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did this happen?!
    I'm starting to worry about you. 😄
    I worry about a lot of things, including the lack of dragons. (Also, congrats on your son's upcoming wedding!)
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I see what you are doing.

Someday, you will manifest a mastery of quantum physics.

And there will be dragons.
    Thanks. I will psychically force all of reality into the medieval era if it helps me get my dragons.

Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Manileno88Manileno88 Posts: 17 Member
    The male outfits are hideous 😝
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    That's because they are actually Female outfits on Males. Lol :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited January 2022
    This one doesn't float my boat, to be honest.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

Let's hope that if such a pack materialises it's at least a game pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I like the looks of the clothing, just may get this kit.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2022
    This is the laziest kit yet. It’s cobbled together designs we have (that men’s net shirt is a base game shirt with the ROM net shirt) and half a.. recolors. I see a paranormal design recolor. 🙄🙄🙄This will be a huge pass. At least the men’s pack used real design. It’s a slap to real carnaval designs.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    the pack if i give it a note its 100% but has for the carnival clothes the note i would give is 0/50 but thats my view has a player if i get it it will mostly be for content but would not use the clothes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    ehr....

That looks a bit modest for Carnival no? Where are all the feathery outfits? And the masks? And the beads? And the floats? And the samba shakers?

Look…I shall patiently wait for more info...but….you know….(*completely and utterly uninterested).

I’m happy to see this kind of excitement though! 😁
    Perhaps it’s not occult enough for me….but…yes…yes.. I will patiently wait for more info…

I don't think the feather outfits will be practical in the sims because they are pretty big and very detailed so I didn't really expect that they would be able to include that. And I'm not sure if they will include masks. I mean there was a mask on the road map but this could be based on Brazilian carnival so I don't know if they have masks in their carnival. If it's based on the caribbean they don't really have masks that look like mardi gras ones. Usually it's just the big feather outfits and headresses.

Except that TS3 had at least one, so it's doable. Have seen some TS4CC along that line as well. Having survived Chinese New Year in Taiwan, I vote for a pack treatment for that. It was huge fun, and even has dragon parades. Among lots of other things.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

That’s correct @AncientMuse I do live in Ireland.
    True. Take a left turn, straight on till mornin’.
    Excuse me?
    Ehr…excuse me…?
    Is this about kilts again? We have enough of those over here. I can make a few phone calls. No big deal.
    But most importantly...
    That’s also true. Nothing beats a pint of the Black Stuff. Except Irish Whiskey. Not Scotch. Irish.

Oh Haha, well that’s a funny coincidence. The calendar link that you shared? Those guys are Irish. That Scottish company hires Irish male models only. Those kilts are from a famous store in Edinburgh.
    How do I know? Because I remember those lads from the last photo shoot.
    I remember it well…we all travelled from Dublin to the Isle of Arran - a smallish Scottish island - by Curragh, a wee boat, just - you know - to make us look tougher and rougher and ready. For the kilts. Kilts demand respect. Kilts prefer to be worn by …rugged lords. And - believe it or not - you can only find those in Ireland. Without the Irish the Scots wouldn’t really exist you see. We’re basically the same people, except, the grass is just that little bit greener over here and the men…they’re simply better looking. We can’t help it.

Therefore I agree! We should all celebrate with a Guinness right now and…enjoy that calendar or - in my case - relive those sweet memories of the salty sea spray and the bitter wind against my bare skin. Cheers! 😎

• KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Irish clans also have traditional tartan kilts. Not to be outdone :D
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Huh, that's what my townies already look like.

hahaha!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

That’s correct @AncientMuse I do live in Ireland.
    True. Take a left turn, straight on till mornin’.
    Excuse me?
    Ehr…excuse me…?
    Is this about kilts again? We have enough of those over here. I can make a few phone calls. No big deal.
    But most importantly...
    That’s also true. Nothing beats a pint of the Black Stuff. Except Irish Whiskey. Not Scotch. Irish.

Oh Haha, well that’s a funny coincidence. The calendar link that you shared? Those guys are Irish. That Scottish company hires Irish male models only. Those kilts are from a famous store in Edinburgh.
    How do I know? Because I remember those lads from the last photo shoot.
    I remember it well…we all travelled from Dublin to the Isle of Arran - a smallish Scottish island - by Curragh, a wee boat, just - you know - to make us look tougher and rougher and ready. For the kilts. Kilts demand respect. Kilts prefer to be worn by …rugged lords. And - believe it or not - you can only find those in Ireland. Without the Irish the Scots wouldn’t really exist you see. We’re basically the same people, except, the grass is just that little bit greener over here and the men…they’re simply better looking. We can’t help it.

Therefore I agree! We should all celebrate with a Guinness right now and…enjoy that calendar or - in my case - relive those sweet memories of the salty sea spray and the bitter wind against my bare skin. Cheers! 😎

Man, I feel sad now. Where I live, we just got moonshine and men who need to lay in bed for 4 days whenever they catch a cold.

But the local donut shop sells King Cake Donuts for Mardi Gras. Maybe I will pull on a midriff- baring sparkly top and go grab one. Are yoga pants okay with that? I am a bit confused about carnival wear now. I always thought it was strings, and feather headdresses.