Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Let's hope for some nice stuff for the night after the wedding.

The Sims 4 x WW Collab
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Hope they fix the weddings so they run better. And goose interaction and kiss up arm make a come back.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

The Sims 4 x WW Collab
    Hold up! What WW mean?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Hold up! What WW mean?

Weight Watchers? 🤔
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    What do yall think extra to the max means?

"Extra to the Max" is the long-awaited Ava Max (the chanteuse responsible for the hit pop songs "Sweet but Psycho" and "Kings & Queens") kit. (I remember seeing an Ava Max thread in the forums before.) Perhaps it's her Ava Max's Katy Perry's Sweet Treats era /jk :D
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'd be excited if the theme isnt limited to weddings in the literal sense of the word.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I just made a comment in another thread on this, but I'll be extremely disappointed if this is just a wedding pack. Weddings literally never enter my mind when I'm playing with my Sims, I'm much more interested in their relationship and in-game life together - and that's what I wanted more romantic content to enhance. I'm hoping the wedding aspects are just part of it, or a way to introduce the new 'honeymoon' vacation and vacation world. Otherwise, especially after expecting a romance pack for so long, I'll be very let down. Unless a Romance EP is coming this summer.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

The Sims 4 x WW Collab
    Hold up! What WW mean?

It stands for Wicked Wedding.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Isn't weddings related to romance

Historical speaking, no it isn't related to romance, a wedding was a contract between two families to knot the ties in business or politcal issues and made sure the woman of the one family is sufficiently supplied by the male part. It was not romantic. Young women didn't really had much choices to marry their love if the father said no. The man had to prove the financial independence before he got the marriage permission, that was the reason in the big age difference then. It was also a popular means of keeping a wide variety of populations under control. The romance part came up in the second part of the 19th century, and it was a new concept which was seen sceptical.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Isn't weddings related to romance

Historical speaking, no it isn't related to romance, a wedding was a contract between two families to knot the ties in business or politcal issues and made sure the woman of the one family is sufficiently supplied by the male part. It was not romantic. Young women didn't really had much choices to marry their love if the father said no. The man had to prove the financial independence before he got the marriage permission, that was the reason in the big age difference then. It was also a popular means of keeping a wide variety of populations under control. The romance part came up in the second part of the 19th century, and it was a new concept which was seen sceptical.

Agreed, you can BE romantic about weddings, but a wedding is basically the ceremony to start a marriage, which is at its heart a legal contract, keeping people together. Ideally this will be between two people who love each other and are willingly commited to each other, but it doesn't have to be. Romance/love is a lot more about the actual relationship between two people, how they treat each other and live their lives together - which can happen with or without a wedding involved. And is what I was actually interested in from a love pack.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would love this pack, even if it’s a wedding-oriented pack, but I am hoping they add some other stuff like an attraction system, more depth to weddings (or making them run smoother), matchmaking or online dating system, more romantic interactions like cuddling, couple dances, sensual kisses, etc. 🤗❤️
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

The Sims 4 x WW Collab
    Hold up! What WW mean?

Are you sure?

I could have sworn it stood for Werewolf Wedding.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

The Sims 4 x WW Collab
    Hold up! What WW mean?

Are you sure?

I could have sworn it stood for Werewolf Wedding.

That would be hilarious and awesome if it was a Werewolf Wedding, lol.

(But we already know occults are usually kind of shuffled to the side in Sims 4, though.)
    (She/her)
  • suqarsimsuqarsim Posts: 2 New Member
    when is it coming out?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    suqarsim wrote: »
    when is it coming out?

@suqarsim Welcome to the forum. The release date hasn't been announced yet.🙂
    I hope it comes out in February! 🙂
    (She/her)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2022
    Finally a pack to look forward to!

A wedding/romance pack is definitely going to be up my alley. Mainly because as much as I love having weddings in my game, I rarely have them since all the guests are acting like fools. Weddings need some work. Ive had to stop having a bartender and a musician come around since all the guests do is crowd them and not give any attention to the happy couple. They never sit to watch the vows, just decide to come by and crowd the newlyweds (no nice wedding snapshots I guess...) instead of sitting down at the chairs nearby. All this when the couple is just about done exchanging vows.

Some fun things I'd like to see!
    • The wedding party! I'll love to assign bridesmaids, groomsmen, ring bearers etc etc!
    • Wedding venue lot! All my wedding locations are parks and its super annoying to have random people just showing up to the event. Love to have a lot that's just meant for weddings.
    • AWW YEAH BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE PARTIES!! Last night being single, why not cut loose with some fun? (Though I wouldnt be surprised if this is left to certain modders for the raunchiness, especially if there's a hired "dancer"! ;) )
    • Honeymoons! I always have to plan the wedding around my sim's work schedules so that they can enjoy some time together and not have to use a personal day. I'd love it to be able to plan a honeymoon right after the wedding.
    • More dresses! And veils! 99% of the time my brides wear cc dresses since Im so tired of the ones we have. More wedding dresses please!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2022
    I guess extra to the max will be another high fashion Kit centered around animal prints (remember the 🐅 and 🦚 in the roadmap).

I actually have proper wedding ceremonies quite often in TS4, so I will probably get the Pack, but I still wish for more general romance gameplay and less wedding stuff.
    If the GP is first, we'll surely See the trailer next week.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    nucleonide wrote: »
    What do yall think extra to the max means?

"Extra to the Max" is the long-awaited Ava Max (the chanteuse responsible for the hit pop songs "Sweet but Psycho" and "Kings & Queens") kit. (I remember seeing an Ava Max thread in the forums before.) Perhaps it's her Ava Max's Katy Perry's Sweet Treats era /jk :D

Let's hope it's more along the lines of "Mad Max" rather than "Ava Max".

Just sayin' :|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I guess extra tobthe max will be another high fashion Kit centered around animal prints (remember the 🐅 and 🦚 in the roadmap).

I actually have proper wedding ceremonies quite often in TS4, so I will probably get the Pack, but I still wish for more general romance gameplay and less wedding stuff.
    If the GP is first, we'll surely See the trailer next week.

There is new wing shaped earrings and necklace in the carnival streetwear picture. Maybe the extra max kit will be high fashion or something else.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I sincerely hope the focus isn't completely on Weddings, and they include Romance, aka. an Attraction System, dating, online dating, romantic interactions.
    if it's just Weddings, count me out!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I bet Extra to the Max is some kind of drag clothing. Judging by the kind of road they've been on with kits and the description, I predict drag wear.
    #Team Occult
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    M A N I F E S T I N G S L O W D A N C I N G :D
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I saw someone on Twitter mention that "Extra to the Max" could be a BB kit with content similar to the "Maximalist Safari Update" that EA did for Sims Freeplay.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-freeplay/amp/news/maximalist-safari-update
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I want the Wedding Pack to have a French or Vienna World with Wedding Veils, Tiaras, Wedding Showers, Heartshape Bed, Waltzes, Cuddling in Bed, New Romantic Sleepwears, New Romantic Interactions, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, Honeymoons, Hotel, Dress Boutique, Cake Boutique & Flower Boutique. <3<3