Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios: LTO Y or N?

2...Next

Comments

• Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Beige. Meh. I don't know. Maybe, but. Other unecessarily complicated answer to a simple question. ;)
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    So far I am only doing the money scenario. Cliff note version is that once you buy a house, your money goes to zero.
    This one has been pretty entertaining so far. I sent my Sim so actually start making money, but she ended up getting with Clement Frost, they for married, and have a daughter now. I am now a bit less than halfway with it.
    All the scenarios don't really appeal to me, except the money one, and so far it has not gone exactly how I planned it, but the results at the moment are hilarious.

Whenever I've had Clement Frost in my game as an active sim my game was a lot of fun too. He's a great sim to play. I think Baako took over for Clement when he married my sim and had to leave the Father Winter gig.

I know Father Winter did the event for the holiday, but I don't know who replaced Clement Frost in my game yet.
    What was funny is he met my Sim when she was about to dumpster dive, which she hated, and he dumpster dived after greeting her. He came by two days later to flirt with her, and they hit it off. He brought almost half the money I needed too. I used up some for their house, and to buy baby things, so for now, they will have one kid until I complete the challenge. After that, I plan to have them have plenty of kids.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dislike them.
    So far I am only doing the money scenario. Cliff note version is that once you buy a house, your money goes to zero.
    This one has been pretty entertaining so far. I sent my Sim so actually start making money, but she ended up getting with Clement Frost, they for married, and have a daughter now. I am now a bit less than halfway with it.
    All the scenarios don't really appeal to me, except the money one, and so far it has not gone exactly how I planned it, but the results at the moment are hilarious.

Whenever I've had Clement Frost in my game as an active sim my game was a lot of fun too. He's a great sim to play. I think Baako took over for Clement when he married my sim and had to leave the Father Winter gig.

I know Father Winter did the event for the holiday, but I don't know who replaced Clement Frost in my game yet.
    What was funny is he met my Sim when she was about to dumpster dive, which she hated, and he dumpster dived after greeting her. He came by two days later to flirt with her, and they hit it off. He brought almost half the money I needed too. I used up some for their house, and to buy baby things, so for now, they will have one kid until I complete the challenge. After that, I plan to have them have plenty of kids.

Clement is a bold fellow. lol Like yours, Clement and my sim were a really good match too and they had cute kids. Have you noticed the kid's traits? In another game my household became really good friends with Clement. If I have a massage chair my sims will give him a foot rub on Winter fest day. I figured he could use a foot rub after delivering all the presents to all the households. He hung out with them a lot. lol
    One day, I'll see if I can grab ol' Grimmy, make friends and adopt him as a played sim. ;)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Beige. Meh. I don't know. Maybe, but. Other unecessarily complicated answer to a simple question. ;)

Clement is a bold fellow. lol Like yours, Clement and my sim were a really good match too and they had cute kids. Have you noticed the kid's traits? In another game my household became really good friends with Clement. If I have a massage chair my sims will give him a foot rub on Winter fest day. I figured he could use a foot rub after delivering all the presents to all the households. He hung out with them a lot. lol
    One day, I'll see if I can grab ol' Grimmy, make friends and adopt him as a played sim. ;)
    I made the female Sim that ended up with him a spell caster, so I don't know what traits their daughter will inherit. He is really bold, he actually came to my female sims's house he was in a really flirty mood. She was receptive to it, which is why I had her pursue it. I need to get a message chair, so that they could have that interaction.
    I gave my female sim silver hair and green eyes, Clement had silver hair due to age, and blue eyes. Their daughter was originally blonde haired with blue eyes, but I changed her hair color to silver like her mom's hair style.
    The family is Luna Moon (Moon Moon), Clement Frost, and their daughter Emma MoonFrost. If they had a boy, it would've been Jack MoonFrost. Once I am done, I plan to have them have more kids.
    I would like to befriend Grim, but I may download some Grims from the Gallery.

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    What's her face, the one Colton always puts in here.
    Justine Keaton.

But anyway, I don't play challenges that require keeping track of points, and I don't want one that has a time limit.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Dislike them.
    I’m not a fan of timed anything, I’m a busy mom and the time I have to play varies greatly.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    Justine Keaton, I'm not sure what it's about, but it's a good answer when you feel like none of the other answers apply.

Scenarios remind me of weekly challenges or daily challenges in other video games. The goal with them is to get players to return to the game. For me, as someone who have played the sims4 since 2014, it's new content that makes me return to the game. Not a timed goal.

So I feel that they are not made for me... I know why they are doing it, it's to increase player activity (like monthly, weekly and daily players) but I much more prefer things like long-term gameplay and new packs.

Making them time limited maybe increases their player activity, but not in a way that I prefer them doing it. I don't think Scenarios are for players like me, and making them time limited is not making me want to play them either.
    Post edited by logion on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dislike them.
    I dislike the way the scenarios are being done.
    I don’t think they should be time limited either. It doesn’t make sense.

I do like the concept of scenarios however.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    TwistedMexi to the rescue <3
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/all-scenarios-ea-59069062
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Dislike them.
    do not like this feature and will not play senarios
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Dislike them.
    I prefer my permanent Scenarios only. In fact, I'm playing my Love after a Breakup Scenario with a Pride & Prejustice twist.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Dislike them.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I prefer my permanent Scenarios only. In fact, I'm playing my Love after a Breakup Scenario with a Pride & Prejustice twist.

Cool, I love P & P! (After the novel the 1995 mini-series version is my favorite. (Ya know, in case anyone wanted to know.))
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dislike them.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Cool, I love P & P! (After the novel the 1995 mini-series version is my favorite. (Ya know, in case anyone wanted to know.))

The 1995 miniseries is also my favourite. Better than the film version I have seen because they have more time to tell the story.

If we ever get a sort of history pack to avoid all the computers and smart phones, I want to play in such a setting as well. Now it takes too much CC for me.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like the idea of them, but as they currently stand they have no challenge whatsoever. I really want them to be more like player made challenges but with hard-coded restrictions that you would have to use cheats to get around.

I'd really, really live if we could then make our own challenges/scenarios and share them with thd community via the Gallery. We can share sim and build creations already. This would allow us to share gameplay creations. A proper memory/scrapbooking system like TS2 (minus corruption issues) would allow people to share stories directly from the game.

The ones that make sims hate each other (Finding Love After a Break Up/Surviving the Holidays) are useful for setting initial relationship levels without mods.

I wish they would add that function via CAS, however. All they need to do for this is to allow us to set RelBits between sims in CAS. RelBits set the state and level of relationship (Lovebirds, Enemies with Benefits etc), and can also unlock special interactions (like the family dynamic ones added with PH.)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Dislike them.
    I actual have the 1995 version of Pride & Prejustice on DVD. I remember when I first watched it on TV when I was pregnant with my girl. ;)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    If there was more challenge to them than a fan-made challenge then I'd be all over them.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My work around is to start the scenario then play at my leisure.

Yes - if you had a limited amount of time in which to complete the scenario, I wouldn't like them - I have enough deadlines in real life. Simply being available for a limited time doesn't bother me - per above, if I'm interested in the scenario but busy playing my current household, there's an easy workaround.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Like them.
    mcrudd wrote: »

Exactly what she said!
  • VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    I don't know what's occuring to this scenarios and I don't why it's there. I just don't like the feel to it. But I like to be rich though.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Dislike them.
    I don't get to play often and I usually can't finish them.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I barely have time to play and certainly not with the time limitations that go hand in hand with the scenarios. If one plays the game on a daily basis and has hours to complete a scenario, then I can understand the appeal of using a scenario or two to spice things up. I guess I'm just a bit 'meh' about the whole thing because I never run out of ideas on how to keep my game fun and interesting. If I had more time to play that could change. But for now, I am content with the path my game is on. After reading about the scenarios, I just didn't see where any of them would ever fit my style.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I might be more interested if the team created more interesting scenarios, so far they've not inspired me.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Like them.
    It was something to try when I got bored, and I played in a way I never did before.
    Laugh out loud. Often