Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 : Realistic or cartoony graphic style?

2...Next

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2022
    Mostly realistic but with some humorish styling.
    I rather have Sims medieval style than whatever the Hell Alpha CC does, super realistic sims should be purged with hellfire 🔥 like the unholy abominations they're, shame it has to be said but Alpha CC is just too creepy to exist, No! just NO! GOD NO! NOOOOO!
    Also OP what's wrong with Superheroes fighting Supervillains, you say that like it's a bad thing, need I remind you that Spider-Man NWH was a Box Office hit.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Mostly cartoony but with some realism.
    Well, superheroes and supervillains originate from comic books. So comics!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    As realistic as possible.

No cartoons please. Set the goal for as realistic as possible and then a beautiful animated Sim will come with lush, gorgeous hair, full eyelashes, hands that grasp objects perfectly, nicely plucked eyebrows and a shapely nose and clothes and hair that move with the wind. I want long hair flapping all around during a storm. Please please no more cartoony Sims like in Sims 3. :cry:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I like a mix, but not uncanny valley level.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I'm torn between option 2 and 3. I feel being a bit cartoony is a part of the franchise and it also helps the game age better than full realism. What I'd prefer is basically the Sims 3's art style but with modern fidelity, but I think you could take that and lean in either a "stylized realism" or "realistic cartoon" direction and I'd still be fine with it.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I'd like to see some things close to realistic. Hair movement, clothing movement - that sort of soft-body physics. But I would like to see it tied in to a semi-cartoony style. Not as currently displayed in Sims 4, maybe something closer to some of the newer console games that pop up every now and then. "Last of Us" or "Red Dead Redemption 2" would be probably too close to realistic, but something like "Skyrim" might be a good benchmark.
  • Daaphee1Daaphee1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Realism is nice but I don't want the Sims to become a game we would need a super extreme GPU / CPU to run it haha
    It needs to stay a relatively accessible game for everyone to enjoy :D
  • VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    I just wanna see some cartoony action and some realism in some parts of the game.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
    Some of us actually enjoy killing our Sims, can you imagine drowning realistic sims or burning realistic sims, or eletrocuting realistic sims, you know that would give most people nightmares, but not me, I would sleep soundly at night.

But I have to ask now that I brought up the murder angle, do you guys still want realistic sims?
    Some of us actually enjoy killing our Sims, can you imagine drowning realistic sims or burning realistic sims, or eletrocuting realistic sims, you know that would give most people nightmares, but not me, I would sleep soundly at night.

But I have to ask now that I brought up the murder angle, do you guys still want realistic sims?

BTW this is just the tip of the iceberg, I could go into much darker themes if you want.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member

You don't have to display the more grotesque sims deaths in full detailed living colour. I'm sure that within six months of the Sims 5, there will be 3rd party mods that can cater to your particular fetish if you want a more grisly death.
    You should still be able to see things like burns either from electrocution / lightning or amusing BBQ cooking accidents without making it too over-the-top for the squeamish. The way ghosts are colour-coded in the current Sims is a neat way of working out how a particular Sim has met their end.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    More realistic Sims may look nice, but I feel like it would be a little creepy and strange to make them do certain interactions. I like a more stylized look. Also, realistic graphics usually look dated pretty quickly, so I always prefer a stylized game if it's not something I'm going to play to a given end, then maybe out of nostalgia.
    More realistic Sims may look nice, but I feel like it would be a little creepy and strange to make them do certain interactions. I like a more stylized look. Also, realistic graphics usually look dated pretty quickly, so I always prefer a stylized game if it's not something I'm going to play to a given end, then maybe out of nostalgia.

Exactly realistic Sims should never be a thing.