Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Forgot to include this in my previous post, but I also don't know which items got automatically replaced and what they got replaced with when I placed the lot. I think a bunch of the beds got replaced with the Mod Pod Sleeper and Mod Pod Twin Sleeper since I see those in the default swatch in 4 of the containers and it looks pretty different from what I can see in the lot images on the gallery.

Don't worry too much about the substituted items, we'll understand if you use what you have now instead of what was originally there. If you like, you can try to find one with the fewest substitutions and use it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited January 2022
    @ForeverTuesday, Here is a photo of each container destuffed. Containers 15 to 21 should be base game only unless I did something goofy, which is entirely possible. Those containers should not give you trouble with substitutions if you would like to use one of them.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    @SimTresa thanks for the reply :)

Update:I found the post for you, guess we both missed it. Go back to Oct. 14.

Thanks for the update @SimTresa but I got the BNS number wrong. Sorry about that :) I don't see results for BNS154 Expert.

@BuildnShare still no results on BNS154 Expert :/
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited January 2022
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #157 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established?
    ROOM: (Link to where the room can be found with on The Gallery)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/37DD18DB6F7011EC8E44C3F193DEAD3A?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §1,995
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/ysf1Xi0
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Backstory: Dylan and Sally are creative, erratic/paranoid art lover newly-wed painters. This is their money-making container, which was gifted to them by Sally’s parents as a wedding present. Sunflowers are part of their passion for art with a side love of gardening.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    k9dfA79.png
    r6s2mWL.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: This is my first Sim entry for BnS.
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the household can be found with on The Gallery)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E32A77E96F9611EC8EEFF4435629C7A7?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/a4jh4cs
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Backstory: Newlyweds, Dylan and Sally are moving into a new lot and will generate money via painting in the new container that Sally’s parents gifted them. Sunflowers are their favorite flower, and they love to garden, especially sunflowers. They both wear the same ring all the time. Dylan and Sally sally forth sporting a hat each day, whereas, Dylan must always wear his headphones because he's erratic + he wants to distract himself from the voices in his head.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    UH3TXVn.png
    aylPC0P.png
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    LEVEL: Established?
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8D3BD164705E11EC872AA15490F1F0B0?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §1,500
    Container COST: §22,163
    GALLERY COST: §37,307
    TOTAL COST: §16,807
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/gaQiyRN
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dylan and Sally have moved into their new home. They found an abandoned car, boat and two bikes in the woods, which are on their property now. Their comfy forest home sits in the middle of a special island in Windenburg, which is surrounded by trees to suit their personalities and container (a painting studio).
    Both Dylan and Sally have the painter extraordinaire aspiration. While Sally is an art lover, creative and paranoid, her husband Dylan’s traits are erratic, clumsy and creative. They both share the love of painting (on the easel and the sketchpad, so both can produce income at the same time, and both are creative. Sally, an art lover, is paranoid, while her husband Dylan is erratic and clumsy (he drops his drippy, wet paint brushes on the floor sometimes, and has fallen off the treadmill several times, so Sally bought a penguin TV for him do exercise on the floor doing exercise videos).
    They share symptoms of Strangerville residents, although, they have slightly different diagnoses, but they prefer to live on the island in Windenburg, which is more isolated. The house has great ocean views, since the Windenburg island is, in fact, an island. Everyone else on the wooded island moved out when the couple moved in because Dylan and Sally prefer to be alone. The house is small, and the container is smaller, still. However, it’s perfect for them, and they are ecstatic that her parents purchased the perfect container for them to use to finally generate an income from painting. The artwork in the container was created by Dylan and Sally prior to moving in. It was the only surviving art from Sally’s parent’s basement, where the couple had stored their artwork while they were dating and engaged.
    A flood ravaged the majority of it, but these few pieces, which Sally’s parents had kept the highest off the ground in their basement. Now, her parents have invested in a sump pump because they realized the dire need for it after most of their items in storage in the basement, including Sally and Dylan’s artwork were destroyed in the flash flood.
    The house has one bedroom (with a fireplace) and bathroom on the second floor, and a kitchen, dining area, living room and study on the first. Pops of yellow and sprays of sunflowers pump some cheer into their tiny abode.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by @rosemow
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HQHIelS.png
    5MQvVlX.png
    4kkjdXo.png

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    I was thinking about joining this challenge, but the house I'm working on looks best in a destination world. I think in those worlds we can only make rentals. Can I still use this house for the challenge, or will that mean the house won't work since it will be turned into a rental?
  • ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    > @JojoMOMSTER said:
    > @ForeverTuesday, Here is a photo of each container destuffed. Containers 15 to 21 should be base game only unless I did something goofy, which is entirely possible. Those containers should not give you trouble with substitutions if you would like to use one of them.

Thank you so much, those pictures are super helpful!!!!!! The biggest point of confusion for me was that I have several containers with a lot of the same base game items. I couldn't even guess which, if any, of these containers were intended to be mostly base game and which ones had just had nearly every item automatically replaced when I placed the lot.

For example, this is what the first two containers look like for me: https://imgur.com/a/i0KZLWB
    @illusie all rentals in your game become residential on the gallery so it’s totally fine. Forgive me for being selfish but I would love to see your build.

@ForeverTuesday you’re welcome, I’m glad it makes more sense this way.
    @JojoMOMSTER thank you! That's good to know it will turn into a residential on the gallery and that it's allowed for this challenge.
    edited January 2022
    Hi @illusie B)! I just started to do this challenge recently. It's good to see you here B)! Have fun with your build :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Hi @illusie B)! I just started to do this challenge recently. It's good to see you here B)! Have fun with your build :)!

This would be my first entry. Thank you! I hope you have fun with your build as well!
    Oh, awesome @illusie B)! I had fun doing my build, and I'm looking forward to seeing yours B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited January 2022
    CHALLENGE #157 -Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: illusie
    ORIGIN ID: illusie
    LEVEL: (This is myfirst entry, so I leave this up to you)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: the 20x30 lot in Belomisia Jungle district in Selvadorada
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/87B2DEB177D811EC8FF1F4435629C7A7
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $28,901
    TOTAL COST: $1,500 (lot cost) + $28,901 (gallery cost) = $30,401
    $9,018 (container cost) + $22,000 (Budget) = $31,018 allowed to spend
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/IL30uI6
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dylan and Sally are twins. At a young age they found out they both loves gardening. While helping their mom in the garden they once discovered a fossil, which started Sally's interest in archeology. They kept looking for more fossils, but didn't find any in their mom's garden. A few plants were sacrificed in the name of science. Luckily they outgrew that phase...or did they? Now that Dylan and Sally are adults they are about to move out. Both still love gardening and love art. Dylan loves painting, while Sally is more interested in restoring art especially artifacts she dug up. thats why the twins moved to Selvadorada. There Dylan hopes to find new inspiration for his art, and Sally wants to make some new discoveries. They will earn money with the plants they frow in the shed and the artifacts Sally restores. Dylan sleeps upstairs where he will be able to grab a paintbrush the moment he wakes up. Sally sleeps downstairs. The twins received a container from their parents which they used for the house. They sold a few items, but kept most. They can't wait to move into their new home, which is called La Bienhallada (which means the welcome)!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: photo's used in the house are taken by me and my sim
    TWITTER TAG: illusiesims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

01-17-22_10-11-13_PM.png
    3cs3vxt.png
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #154 - Fall Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jordanfbrasiljordanfbrasil Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2022

FORUM ID: jordanfbrasil
    ORIGIN ID: jordanfbrasil
    LEVEL: - my first entry -
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Brindleton Bay Lot - 20x30 - Dachshund's Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/66FC67067B3311EC8E254A384497AFB2
    LOT COST: §2,000
    GALLERY COST: §20,000
    TOTAL COST: §22,000 (I read the sub-posts regarding container value after submitting)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/YlF9PoW

ENTRY DETAILS:
    My oh my, this was quite the challenge! With the couple's §22,000 total budget, we had to be very strategic in providing them everything they need. Once we nailed down the essentials, we were able to develop the accents and landscaping.

My approach to this build was to provide a contemporary aesthetic for the repurposing of a shipping container. Sally’s parents graciously allowed me to select a container on their behalf, and we were very fortunate! We had been gifted with neutral rustic kitchen pieces that provide a cozy and lived-in feel. A bright and fresh colour palette allows for pops of colours in various locations. We decided on yellow for the main house and green for the shipping container work studio.

Since the budget was solid, the bathroom is a clean and open area for ease of maintenance and cleaning. The open staircase allows the room to feel larger instead of closed off. Upstairs, a lovely textured rug provides warmth to the couple’s bedroom.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6tpLzGm.jpg
    Wp2F6bz.jpg
    Post edited by jordanfbrasil on
    U0tQRGg.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #154 - Fall Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #156 - Home for Winterfest

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jordanfbrasiljordanfbrasil Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2022
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: jordanfbrasil
    ORIGIN ID: jordanfbrasil
    LEVEL: - my first sim entry -

HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/34C6C0477B3511EC85C24A384497AFB2
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UtY8Zer

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This green-thumbed-woodworking-young-couple is ready to conquer the world together. After receiving a new home, they knew that they had to get their closets in order. Both are equally fashionable and expressive. Neutral colours, texture and fun shapes are things they always consider when putting an outfit together.

Dylan and Sally tend to wear similar colour palettes because they enjoy being photographed together and love to show off their collective aesthetics.

Sally is a fan of long draping clothing as well as fit and flare shapes. She has curves and loves to show them off. Dylan is a tad on the preppy side but loves to be comfortable. He thoroughly enjoys showing off his sneaker collection!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

TPQ31RW.png
    FzWqvXm.jpg
    Post edited by jordanfbrasil on
    U0tQRGg.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Master ( although still I wonder why you say that )
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 2-4-2 Wakabamori
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2E31841280F511EC8B89B1B887CF3384
    LOT COST: 3,300
    GALLERY COST: 30,842
    TOTAL COST: 34,142
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DPVVXS2
    ENTRY DETAILS: Minka 4-2 is a traditional country Japanese house for a couple. The container I picked cost was $17,583 so plus $22,000 gave me a total of $39,583 to spend. I imagine Dylan and Sally as a young modern couple who loves the nature, outdoors and gardening but at the same time they love to share their lifestyle as youtubers and as bloggers, and why not? to get some incomes from that, so they gave a makeover to the container to fit with the house style and placed there a study room and a youtuber studio and a small bathroom in the middle. More details in the slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure. I always feel curiosity.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No
    TWITTER TAG: @InmaGar28491267
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: @Inma García Dominguez #Airis6962
    TUMBLR LINK: No
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JhutsPF.png
    vy7rj4z.png
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Nookstone
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0908F1C682C811EC8B7BB1025F4CAE68?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 32709-11878 (for container and contents) =20831

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/gallery/zcOx2OY
    I created a cute little one bedroom one bath house in Oasis Springs. I set the container in the back of the property and set it up for our newlyweds to do their thing back there. Floor arranging and candle making, which feeds their creative souls.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Thanks for xXSarina-27xX for the artwork.
    edited February 2022
    Thank you everyone who took me up on my crazy idea to build with containers full of furniture. I have placed and toured every one and thoroughly enjoyed exploring each build. They are all SO GOOD!!!

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM "Just for fun" Unofficial enty (If I'm going to ask others to try something I should also do the build)
    CHALLENGE #157 -Container Sale
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshunds Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Poms & Peeps
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST: (container value 14038 and funds of 20000 gave me a budget of 34038) $34014
    TOTAL COST: $36038
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - link
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decide to give Dylan and Sally a simple home next to nature and the beach to enjoy with Sally's two pomeranians Stuff and Fluff. They have a decent garden and spaces for fruit trees. Dylan has claimed the container as a space for therapeutic massage. Sally loves to paint and can bring her easel around with her as she chooses.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    fVtoWkq.png
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS157 - Winter Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Forgot to submit my build, but oh well. I will submit this coming month
    edited February 2022
    RMlQonL.jpg
    Be Mine
    Sims 4 | #BnS158

You look up with interest as your newest client steps in and takes a seat, anticipating a new challenge. “Hello, Mr. Love. What can I do for you?”
    Valentine Love smiles widely at you. “I have been looking everywhere for the best place to propose to my beloved Amanda. It has to be just right, you see, and unique. But nothing suited us. Then I hit uponthe perfect solution: I could have one built!”
    You sit up straighter, intrigued, anticipating a new challenge. It has been a while since you have had the opportunity to build something other than a house and you welcome the change of pace, wanting to help this young couple. “Oh? What did you have in mind?”
    “Something small, intimate and romantic. An outdoor proposal area with lights, music and flowers. I would also like a covered area to eat either before or after.”
    You nodd, already getting ideas. “Is there anything else?”
    “Could you possibly include hearts or heart-shapes in the decor or landscaping?” Mr. Love asks earnestly.
    “I’ll see what i can do,” you promise.

The brief:
    Budget: $30,000
    Lot size: 20x15 or 20x20.
    Build an outdoor proposal area with lights, flowers and music.
    Include a space for Valentine and Amanda to sit and enjoy a meal.
    Add anything else you like as your budget allows.

Sim Challenge; Create Valentine and Amanda along with all their outfits.. Choose their traits, aspirations, likes and dislikes. Valentine must have the Romantic trait and Soulmate aspiration. Be sure to show them in their special proposal garden.

Room Challenge: No room challenge this time.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns158 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Monday, February 28th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top