Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Moon Potions, Potables and Ponderings

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Are alien abductions and a severe lack of dragons getting you down?

Yes. :(
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Gordy you look a little down. May I recommend a Hot and Smoky concoction to ease your woes?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ahh, my home away from home. Hello my fellow Ghouls and Goblins! *Orders a Plasma Jane*

Speaking of Goblins, for those who are feeling the long ache for your Fae kin, there are ways to bring a sort of alternate version into the game to sustain you until a proper pack comes out. Using powers from Realm of Magic, alternate forms from Vampires, costumes from Spooky Stuff, and variants from other packs, you can create your own. Here are some examples:

Elf:
    The Elven Queen of the Snow Court, Winter Frost.
    6QQEFSm.jpg

Dryad:
    Maple Blossom of the Sylvan Wood
    CruLbAB.jpg

Fairies:
    Heaven Star of the Twinkle Clan
    Hg0mJ4Q.jpg

Sunny Sky, founder of the Aeronautic Aviators
    WNF0hgi.jpg

Beast Kin:
    Cernunnos the Horned One, King of the Deepwood and leader of The Great Hunt
    WhjyjkP.jpg

Pixie:
    Willy Nilly the Tomfooler
    UNwthz4.jpg

Sprite:
    Honeybee of the Littlefolk
    rGExccm.jpg

And, of course, your Goblin folk:
    Bramble the Blameful of the Unseelie Court
    hLjEo74.jpg

I'll note that I did use one mod briefly to unlock all CAS in order to create them and I do still need to update a few of them with the new fingernails (or claws). The Fairies have recently acquired star wands which I think makes them kind of funny and exaggerated. But Fae folk are really fun to create using some imagination and that fairy costume from Spooky Stuff has a lot of colors to choose from.

Now I need a few more Unseelie and the Courts will be balanced. I suppose my Naga serpents could be part of them. But I do long for an extensive fantasy CAS with some horns and weird hair styles, wing varieties, hooves, teeth, tusks, manes, mandibles, colored skins, hides, leafy, mossy and webbed clothing, etc. I think the Fae would look amazing in Sims 4.

Oh, wow!!! Such great character designs! Very creative and fantastic! :smiley:
    I love the goblin and the cute small children-looking ones (Willy Nilly and Honeybee), but they all look so cool and unique! Maple Blossom and the Elven Queen are very pretty, and Bramble looks so devious and provocative, hehe! Amazing CAS skills you got there, @LiELF !
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    you look a little down. May I recommend a Hot and Smoky concoction to ease your woes?
    You can recommend me a dragon.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Ah yes, I traveled many seas and galaxies but it is always such a treat to come upon deliciously dark, cozy aul pubs like these.
    Right now I could do with resting my weary fur and a refreshment or two or three or four.
    A double Yub Nub and a Bespin Fizz please, if you have it. And a Dark & Stormy to neutralize the palette. I promise I won’t cause any trouble.

You see, I’ve been looking for my werebrothers and weresisters for quite some time now, alas, there must be something up with my sense of smell since I can’t seem to detect them anywhere. I suppose my nose is getting old and dry and last night I even found a silver hair right behind my left ear…I’m not surprised. I’ll be turning three hundred and three this spring.

I’m looking forward to introducing you to some of my rather interesting companions, but for now just let me unwind here by the fireplace, a quiet listener, as long as nobody starts playing fetch with me. It’s so embarrassing…I always go after the stick. 🤦🏻

Would you -by any chance- have a selection of bar nibbles?

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Okyy... I'm OK with just water. What a weird and unexpected place... I can see many thoughts shared, mostly about the supernatural... Mysterious...

Sometimes I like to look into The Sims console games. And these have some exclusive weird things. For me, the most famous are the Karma Powers in The Sims 3 console games, which has interesting things players can cause like earthquakes.

But the previous console titles still hold... mystery. A creepy music called "Aliens", being able to find a monkey's paw when searching a couch, mutant plants, ghosts puking on living sims, sims being able to dance on others' gravestones, which will set them on fire if it's their own etc.

It's truly a rabbithole that seems to be really deep. And one really hard to reach rabbithole. This mystery sometimes fascinates me, but I just lack time and courage.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I dropped in for a visit. (I've been monitoring transmissions and hiding out... avoiding the mindflayer that's slowly taking over my reality). It's wonderful to catch up, have a fizzy beverage, look over truly some lovely pictures and see that there's still some strange and wonderful life out there. It's great that the resistance is staying strong! I'm thankful for every single one of you. Have a wonderful day cycle.
    Gordy wrote: »
    you look a little down. May I recommend a Hot and Smoky concoction to ease your woes?
    You can recommend me a dragon.

Perhaps in the next Blue Moon. In the meantime, you have our support. One Hot and Smoky on the house.

Ah yes, I traveled many seas and galaxies but it is always such a treat to come upon deliciously dark, cozy aul pubs like these.
    Right now I could do with resting my weary fur and a refreshment or two or three or four.
    A double Yub Nub and a Bespin Fizz please, if you have it. And a Dark & Stormy to neutralize the palette. I promise I won’t cause any trouble.

You see, I’ve been looking for my werebrothers and weresisters for quite some time now, alas, there must be something up with my sense of smell since I can’t seem to detect them anywhere. I suppose my nose is getting old and dry and last night I even found a silver hair right behind my left ear…I’m not surprised. I’ll be turning three hundred and three this spring.

I’m looking forward to introducing you to some of my rather interesting companions, but for now just let me unwind here by the fireplace, a quiet listener, as long as nobody starts playing fetch with me. It’s so embarrassing…I always go after the stick. 🤦🏻

Would you -by any chance- have a selection of bar nibbles?

All are welcome, here, Captain. Curl up on that sofa by the fire. I’ll have your drinks and a sampler platter served there, and will put the balls and sticks behind the counter.

EgonVM wrote: »
    Okyy... I'm OK with just water. What a weird and unexpected place... I can see many thoughts shared, mostly about the supernatural... Mysterious...

Sometimes I like to look into The Sims console games. And these have some exclusive weird things. For me, the most famous are the Karma Powers in The Sims 3 console games, which has interesting things players can cause like earthquakes.

But the previous console titles still hold... mystery. A creepy music called "Aliens", being able to find a monkey's paw when searching a couch, mutant plants, ghosts puking on living sims, sims being able to dance on others' gravestones, which will set them on fire if it's their own etc.

It's truly a rabbithole that seems to be really deep. And one really hard to reach rabbithole. This mystery sometimes fascinates me, but I just lack time and courage.

Water it is. You sound like quite the student of arcane history. We would be pleased to hear your observations.
    Kironide wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I dropped in for a visit. (I've been monitoring transmissions and hiding out... avoiding the mindflayer that's slowly taking over my reality). It's wonderful to catch up, have a fizzy beverage, look over truly some lovely pictures and see that there's still some strange and wonderful life out there. It's great that the resistance is staying strong! I'm thankful for every single one of you. Have a wonderful day cycle.

Greetings and welcome back. Perhaps you would like a Zebra Fizz while you rest from your travels.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @LatinaBunny Thank you kindly! <3
    #Team Occult
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Water it is. You sound like quite the student of arcane history. We would be pleased to hear your observations.

Thanks. This place looks so mysterious that even the water looks, smells, and tastes enchanted. It might just be me...

Fortunately, I have been able to experience some of the console games. And the world there is so much different. Sometimes even... perplexing. For example, if two sims are friends, they may simply causally do romantic interactions with each other like it's something friends do. Or sims using toilets when their bladder need is mostly full.

But the console games have features that in the computer The Sims series come in later. For example, 3D camera was actually introduced in The Sims 1 for consoles, but The Sims 2 is the first to introduce it in the computer series. Hats being separate things from hairstyles is actually from The Sims 2 for consoles, in where you can also make a top by choosing and mixing and matching shirts, sweaters, and jackets together.

Though some of the games are really unique. For example, The Sims 2 Castaway is a game that sees you playing The Sims who have to gather resources to craft objects and clothing. You'll even have to have your sims build a house. All while your sims can explore the island, find the traces of llama people, piece together a pirate treasure map etc. Or The Sims 2 for DS sees you running a hotel in a creepy environment.
    And then there's The Sims games on handheld. It has a story that starts in The Sims Bustin' Out for GBA and continues to Urbz: Sims in the City for GBA and DS and to The Sims 2 for GBA and DS.

Sometimes, I hope these gems can be experienced without needing to get lucky. Though I have heard that XBox systems have backwards compatibility, so that's one way if I understand it correctly. Though even knowing that, the path to satisfying my curiosity is a hard and long one.

Oh. I must have gotten so talkative again. I think I'll go continue my travels. This experience has been... inspiring...
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Meet Sophie Harwood, my orphaned changeling left at the door of Caleb Vatore (who is now her foster father). She's just a teenage half-elf sorceress looking for her fae kin and were-brethren
    Sophie really wants a Von Haunt Estate Meloire....but ya know, being a teen and all she's going to half to settle for a fizzy fruit drink instead. 9yiviSB.png

Meet Sophie Harwood, my orphaned changeling left at the door of Caleb Vatore (who is now her foster father). She's just a teenage half-elf sorceress looking for her fae kin and were-brethren
    Sophie really wants a Von Haunt Estate Meloire....but ya know, being a teen and all she's going to half to settle for a fizzy fruit drink instead. 9yiviSB.png

Welcome, young Sophie. Of course, we’re familiar with Caleb. I think you’ll find myfizzy drinks especially yummy. And I’m sure we can find something equally …um…satisfying…for Mr. Vatore, as well.
    edited January 2022
    Good evening, travelers. It’s happy hour. In observance of Walk Your Dog month, the Blue Moon is offering special treats for our canine… and canine adjacent… friends. I hope you’ll observe the day with pictures of you walking with dogs or doglike creatures…even if that’s just a selfie.
    edited January 2022
    Huh, I noticed none of my households have dogs. I keep forgetting pets are a thing, lol! (I love my irl dogs, though. It’s more the virtual pets that I keep forgetting about, apparently, lol.)

Okay, I must say that I regret giving my mermaids/merfolk the Child of the Ocean trait. My merfolk are meant to be seafood eaters and I wanted to get them to become seasoned fishers. Now I either have to earn enough points to get trait changer potion or have to use cheats. *sighs in both amusement and disappointment* 😝

Can spellcasters make trait changing potions? (If so, can they give them to friends, lol?)

*sighs*
    Bartender, can I have a Sea Splash drink? Or something good for tropical weather?
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022
    Nice to see our merfriends represented at The Blue Moon today. So sorry for your trait difficulties. Potions are definitely expensive, and the cas.fulleditmode “spell” is the only one I know that will, without a doubt, improve your situation. One Sea Splash coming up.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Good evening, travelers. It’s happy hour. In observance of Walk Your Dog month, the Blue Moon is offering special treats for our canine… and canine adjacent… friends. I hope you’ll observe the day with pictures of you walking with dogs or doglike creatures…even if that’s just a selfie.

Argh! I missed happy canine hour. I’m always in such a terrible state a few days before the Swollen Moon…which happens to be on Moonday night I believe. I sense this…. crawling under my skin and I constantly want to…cry or even…HOWL at something.

I’ll try and be more social next time, meanwhile I’ll see if I can share some pictures from the family album.
    edited January 2022
    Nice to see our merfriends represented at The Blue Moon today. So sorry for your trait difficulties. Potions are definitely expensive, and the cas.fulleditmode “spell” is the only one I know that will, without a doubt, improve your situation. One Sea Splash coming up.

*takes the Sea Splash drink* Thank you! :blush:

And yes, thank you for the advice! That should solve my sad-fishing woes. A mer gotta eat, ya know. Human food is great, but seafood is the best.

Mm, excuse me a sec. I gotta go find a sink or tub here, or check if there is a beach is nearby. Or maybe even a pool or lake. Gotta hydrate and all that.
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022

Argh! I missed happy canine hour. I’m always in such a terrible state a few days before the Swollen Moon…which happens to be on Moonday night I believe. I sense this…. crawling under my skin and I constantly want to…cry or even…HOWL at something.

I’ll try and be more social next time, meanwhile I’ll see if I can share some pictures from the family album.

Ah, yes. I did notice your absence, Captain. Perhaps I could offer a bit of chamomile tea to help with your…um…discomfort? And, the family album sounds intriguing.

*takes the Sea Splash drink* Thank you! :blush:

And yes, thank you for the advice! That should solve my sad-fishing woes. A mer gotta eat, ya know. Human food is great, but seafood is the best.

Mm, excuse me a sec. I gotta go find a sink or tub here, or check if there is a beach is nearby. Or maybe even a pool or lake. Gotta hydrate and all that.

We have a nice mist covered lake in the back that should meet your needs. Cheers!
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Could I have nectar drunk straight from the flower please?

Thank you.

Sometimes I feel like everyone is ignoring the fae, and I can't rent property anywhere due to my pet dragon. She's only tiny and very sociable. When I lived in Moonlight Falls no-one had a problem with her.
    @viola-illyria Hello, to you, my fae friend. Welcome. One Cherry Blossom Nectar coming up.

It’s hard to imagine any landlord not wanting a dragon. I also have a small dragon who is very dear to me. Moonlight Falls is a lovely place. Perhaps you will find others here, at The Blue Moon, who will make you feel at home, again.
    Hello, travelers. Today, The Blue Moon is offering a half off special for happy hour. And, your host has discovered that today is “Museum Selfie Day.” Knowing that many of our patrons are older than most museums, I find the concept amusing. So please, show us photos of your…um… supernaturally vintage selves.

Shall I start?

2BQVvR8.png

Yours truly, at your service. Next?
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@cyncie do you have any Batuu drinks on the menu?

I like your new Morgyn profile pic. Always one of my favourite Sims, but look what I just found on the internet, like an alternate bizarro world Morgyn :lol: I love it I wish he was on the gallery so I could make him Morgyn's evil twin from another supernatural realm

TS4_x64-2020-05-04-18-24-26.png?fit=971%2C720&ssl=1
    Hi everyone,

It's a ultraviolet day today on planet Sixam, feeling in need of Fizzy beverage and some friendly chat. That profile picture is out of this world! Thanks that's really cheered me up.
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @cyncie do you have any Batuu drinks on the menu?

I like your new Morgyn profile pic. Always one of my favourite Sims, but look what I just found on the internet, like an alternate bizarro world Morgyn :lol: I love it I wish he was on the gallery so I could make him Morgyn's evil twin from another supernatural realm

TS4_x64-2020-05-04-18-24-26.png?fit=971%2C720&ssl=1

Welcome @Elliandre. One Bespin Fizz coming up!

I caught Morgyn just as he was being challenged to a duel. The eyeroll was highly amusing. I am a bit astounded at your photo. That is certainly a different look for our sage. Ah, well. Different dimensions, different Morgyns. It does look like the Rambo/Morgyn gene splicing experiment in Dimension X may have succeeded, though. ;)

Kironide wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

It's a ultraviolet day today on planet Sixam, feeling in need of Fizzy beverage and some friendly chat. That profile picture is out of this world! Thanks that's really cheered me up.

One fizzy drink coming up, @Kironide.

How are things going on Sixam? I have always wanted to visit but being a very busy pub owner and not a scientist, that hasn't been possible. Ah... please don't take that as an invitation to an abduction. I don't think pollination would fit with my schedule, either.
    Post edited by cyncie on
    Thank you so much for asking @cyncie..... Such a nice polite species humans. I'm having trouble with those Qeezogs on the exchange committe! They're still refusing to fully open up Sixam for intergalactic travellers, so we can share more of our fine planet and culture with others.

Disclaimer: interglactic travel is hazardous. Abductions not included. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top