Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washing Machines Keep Catching on Fire!

Is it me or is this a common thing where washing machines in my sim self's house seem to be catching on fire every other day? Does anyone else's washing machine's keep catching on fire every other sim day?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m not seeing that, but I upgrade mine and make sure to clean the lint trap in the dryer. However I have noticed things breaking more frequently, I’m having to repair at least two items a (sim) day lately. Personally it’s the sinks, showers, & toilets I'm having trouble with.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Mine haven’t been catching on fire, but they have been breaking down multiple times a day, lol.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My current active sim household has had so many fires it's crazy. No Washing Machine fires though. I didn't even know the washing machine could catch on fire. The dryer...yes, I knew that, but not the washing machine too!?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The washing machine? No, not so far…

Now, the dryer, yes, one time. And it’s because I forgot to clean the lint thing one time, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited January 2022

Now, the dryer, yes, one time. And it’s because I forgot to clean the lint thing one time, lol.

I meant the dryer. It looks like the washing machine because I have the dryer stacked on top of the washing machine. The dryer always seems to catch fire when I have both the washing machine and dryer running at the same time.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

I meant the dryer. It looks like the washing machine because I have the dryer stacked on top of the washing machine. The dryer always seems to catch fire when I have both the washing machine and dryer running at the same time.

Make sure you are cleaning out the lint on the dryer before running it (or install the upgrade that eliminates lint with a handy sim). I almost always have my washer/dryer stacked and have never had a fire on a dryer as long as the lint trap is clean.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    In some of my houses. Yes! The dryer. In others no. Some stop after I upgrade the dryer with Handicraft but I get at least one fire after a few uses. But one house in particular I have put the clothing line thingy up and thrown the dryer into household inventory. So. Many. Fires. But this house has only the dryer problem. It has 3 fireplaces and none of them have caught on fire in that house. Nor the stove or gas-grill.