Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Carnival Streetwear Leaked

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The only thing I see I like is the red glitter top on the female on the front left. That looks like the same swatch as the dining table we got in the party sp which means it will be a good top to wear for Valentine's Day aka Love Day.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'm really liking that skirt as it's more on the risky side. Don't have a lot of outfits like that in the game, so I'm actually liking it hope the other items in the pack is good. The other ones were pretty simple and basic this looks a lot more fun.

Also, when is there gonna be a gameplay kit again? Ftttt.Hope this will be the last clothing related kit for now (less they make a better men's one).

Or a Sleepwear Kit. We need one of those as sleepwear is lacking.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited January 2022
    When I see "Carnaval" I immediately think Brazil before anything else. Carnaval is a very Brazil-specific event. I've never been to one, but I'd love having those styles of clothing in my game.

"Carnival" is more general purpose term and if it's called "Carnival" then I might think of other kinds of outdoor festivals, celebrations right before Lent in other places, saints-day feasts in European towns, USA 4th of July festivities etc. That spelling could be confusing.
    gen3-banner.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Has anyone noticed that the pretty outfits are the styles from the 1980s? B)
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Admittedly, I never even heard of Carnaval before and literally thought a Carnival was just like fair of sorts with rides like Ferris Wheels, dunk tanks, and games where you can win those big stuffed animals and have cotton candy and all sorts of different types of foods.

Carnaval is the same thing as Mardi Gras - a vibrant festival about a month and a half before Easter. In both cases it grew out of festivities held before the traditional fasting season of Lent. That is, you have a big party, and then you have a period of solemnity and discipline. The UK's feast on the same day is more restrained but just as good: Pancake Day.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    And I'm honestly surprised so many people here are liking this, because when townies run around like that in our games, we usually complain in unison...
    We (the ones on this thread who like it) are the only ones that like it, apparently. There’s a lot of hate for this kit on Twitter, so folks who don’t like this pack are not alone, heh. 🙂
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    We (the ones on this thread who like it) are the only ones that like it, apparently. There’s a lot of hate for this kit on Twitter, so folks who don’t like this pack are not alone, heh. 🙂

To be fair, you could have just said "There's a lot of hate...on Twitter"....and it would be just as true. I swear, Twitter has became an absolute cesspit. I never read comments there at all any more, just so much negativity no matter what the original tweet is.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

To be fair, you could have just said "There's a lot of hate...on Twitter"....and it would be just as true. I swear, Twitter has became an absolute cesspit. I never read comments there at all any more, just so much negativity no matter what the original tweet is.
    I try to avoid reading comments on YouTube videos (about the sims 4 or certain controversial stuff) as well for this reason, too.
    (She/her)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited January 2022
    My Twitter feed is completely free of negativity. Mute and Block are my best friends. Notice I didn't say constructive criticism. Totally different and allowed.

Edited to change construction to constructive. 😄
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited January 2022
    Are the outfits on the girls in the back taken from TS3?
    The outfit on the left reminds me of Katy Perry ST SP (just with an added coat) and the outfit on the right reminds me of Showtime EP.

Links to pictures for reference:
    Katy Perry ST SP
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/7154452985/

Showtime EP
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6827941445/
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    And I'm honestly surprised so many people here are liking this, because when townies run around like that in our games, we usually complain in unison...

Honestly I just don't like the name of the kit, it's false advertising for my region, streetfashion in carnival seasons means in carnival strongholds of my country many, many different costumes, much juices ;) and sweet treats and for those business people a cut off tie in the last days before ash wednesday. I wish they would specify the name of it better, but that's all. About the rest I shrug with my shoulders. If people like the outfits, then I'm happy for them.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    Daravi wrote: »

Honestly I just don't like the name of the kit, it's false advertising for my region, streetfashion in carnival seasons means in carnival strongholds of my country many, many different costumes, much juices ;) and sweet treats and for those business people a cut off tie in the last days before ash wednesday. I wish they would specify the name of it better, but that's all. About the rest I shrug with my shoulders. If people like the outfits, then I'm happy for them.

Aaaah yes…Europe…a long long time ago I attended some of those carnival celebrations in Germany and the south of The Netherlands, and man…it’s mayhem to the nth degree and goes on for days and days on end. Folks even get a week off for this, right? I’m talking parades followed by bonfires on the streets and people in all kinds of weird clown costumes dancing around it. It’s like Halloween in February, but it’s mostly tricks and the treats are literally thrown in your face, don’t bother with the cute little songs and the pumpkin buckets.
    Wonderful, wonderful, especially the juice. Some of the music though …sorry…it’s too nuts, even for a nutter like myself. 😆

I agree that the name of the kit can be misleading, since we don’t really know to which “Carnaval” they’re referring? And then not seeing the stereotypical Carnaval wear is a bit of a downer to be honest. This is just ..”Girls Night Out Wear”. I mean, not a clown costume or peacock* in sight. Or perhaps what we see is Modern Clownswear. It makes sense.

Then again..we haven’t heard anything official yet, so we can’t really say much about this “leak”.
    I do think It’s unfair to expect folks to know this kit specifically points at Brazilian carnaval streetwear due to the way it’s written.
    “OMG excuse me don’t you guys know??”
    Ehr..no I don’t. I’m an Irishman and a really dumb one at that. I wear shoemaker clothes and I hide a naggin of the good water under a green top hat with a clover leaf stitched onto it.

Or is it South American Carnival? Carnival, Carnaval, Karnaval…
    I dunno, anyway, what’s wrong with stereotypes? I’m probably the only one who still thinks that’s funny.
    Ok go ahead, cancel me. 🤭

* EDIT: my proud bird got censored there…
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The clothes are nice but as I am not into kits, this is a no buy for me, but the clothes are nice. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I tend to find the comments here worse lol

Plus with Twitter you can block and mute certain ppl and here you can't do that
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Pretty Female outfits but where's the new pack?

Now, also remember the roadmap states that there will be - not one - but TWO vibrant kits celebrating fierce designs.
    In that case I hope that the next kit will be Maraca Menswear Kit. Maracas crossed.

This guy doesn’t have any maracas but he’s got an evil grin.

47-C0-B876-84-AF-494-B-80-DF-4-BAE89-C89-F9-B.jpg

This guy has two red maracas.

3215-D5-D3-C355-433-B-811-F-A04742-D8-CE8-F.jpg

This guy is tricking you with his manly gaze, making you believe he’s shaking only one yellow maraca but actually he’s shaking two yellow maracas.

FE749-F83-2-F34-41-DD-8357-9-A18-E7-C29982.jpg

This guy…

B0-B6-E98-D-6-A25-42-C7-9441-A7-D247657969.jpg

And this guy belongs in Carnaval Streetwear Kit.

9-C1-FE0-B3-4-ADA-4-C98-8136-80-E36-EB0118-F.jpg

I think I need above outfit in my game but I also very much need this in really real life.

*Shakes maracas more aggressively after every picture*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Aren't we tired?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm interested. Looking forward to more information. I like the bright colors and that white skirt with the laced up sides is cool.
    Daravi wrote: »

Oh, yes, if the title is not accurate to the theme/not portraying what they’re advertising correctly, then I totally understand that constructive criticism! :smile: That’s a pretty valid issue to deal with. I think they should have said “inspired by carnival/carnaval(?)”-style club-wear or something like that.
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

You actually can block people here. Click their name to go to their profile and there is an ignore option over on the right side next to the "message" button. If you ignore someone their posts in the forums will not appear for you and they won't be able to message you.

Another way to Ignore people is to click the gear at the top of the page here, on any thread, (A few buttons to the right of your tiny profile picture). Click it and select "preferences". From there, your "ignore list" is one of the options along the left hand side and you can add more people by username without having to visit each individual person's profile.

I've used it a few times here....been a long, long time though. People I'm inclined to ignore were banned as well within days of me ignoring them.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

You actually can block people here. Click their name to go to their profile and there is an ignore option over on the right side next to the "message" button. If you ignore someone their posts in the forums will not appear for you and they won't be able to message you.
    I've used it a few times here....been a long, long time though. People I'm inclined to ignore were banned as well within days of me ignoring them.

You have to do it with desktop version of the website. It doesn’t look like we can do it on mobile version.

Anyway, I’m liking some of the outfits of the kit, but I’m waiting to see if there are more clothing in it.

I’m much more excited for the Gamepack, though. :smile:
    (She/her)
    You have to do it with desktop version of the website. It doesn’t look like we can do it on mobile version.

That very well may be. I have never seen the mobile version. I have my phone's browser set to bring up desktop versions even when I access them from my phone because I'm not a fan of "mobile" versions of a lot of sites.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    Honestly, I think it would have been much better a Venetian Carnival inspired kit with Venetian Masks and Baroque and Rococo outfits.

It'd go well for simmers looking for some classy CAS styles for Halloween/Carnival celebrations and also for simmers who like to build and play historical themed.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
    Nushka wrote: »
    Honestly, I think it would have been much better a Venetian Carnival inspired kit with Venetian Masks and Baroque and Rococo outfits.

It'd go well for simmers looking for some classy class styles for Halloween/Carnival celebrations and also for simmers who like to build and play historical themed.

Venetian and Rococo styles would have been a very nice addition, yeah! 🙂
    (She/her)