Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infant themed kit/more nursery objects and furniture: A simmers 2022 roadmap

If Kits are becoming a routine thing besides the sims 4 expanded lifetime, then how hard is it to throw us realism/design simmers a plumbob and deliver SOMETHING with throwbacks to the days when babies/toddlers had real cribs, those swing things you could buy off the sims 3 store and various other content that yes, was expensive for one freaking piece of digital furniture but for whatever reason we still sunk our money in because it gave us the smallest ounce of refresh vibes.

With all the 'hints' and cryptic messages giving us a poor guess at what's next for our pixel creations, I just want to throw my hat into the ring again and ask the team directly for content that some of us would actually like-

"May we have a couple of cribs and baby/toddler-related objects, please? Possibly even free up babies as a whole so Bruce can take his gremlin child to the fridge and get him a fresh bottle of milk instead of producing a gross, spoiled bottle from who knows where"

--I don't mean to come off as rude or ungrateful but the years of dancing around and things turning out completely different from how they were advertised or explained, I just want a straight, clean cut A to B kit that helps my sim enjoy spending time with his kids while they're small and 'less' likely to tear the apartment up. Even if it's in the form of a changing table you have to routinely empty else nappies pile up and the smell knocks everyone in the house out cold for a month, or a cheap-looking playpen/baby swing thing/wheelie seats he can dump the twins in while he works/chats to that weird neighbor who's always looking in the window and asking for his opinion on their life choices even though, it changes absolutely nothing.

Not even going to approach the subject of 'better' pets because it is a heartache myself and plenty of others have reluctantly made peace with.
---

So, long rant short, Sims Team, can we get some Infant/Toddler kit content? Maybe even freed babies who can see the world outside that ugly basket with legs?

Pretty please?

Comments

• Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thinking about it, we could easily have a Kit/Patch delivering things such as--

mobile chair things or play mats that give you the option to help babies and toddlers with tummy time and or settle down while the parents cook/pop into another room somewhere.

Edit swings so you can choose between a baby seat or a regular one.

Playpens to keep the toddlers contained and to use as punishment should they make messes.

Changing tables to help keep Junior clean and get them ready for the day, plus maybe introduce a storage system for the clothes you can make babies with the knitting skill.

Actual cribs, escapable however made harder if a skilled parent upgrades it, also comes in double/triple for larger broods.

Teething toys, purchasable via the medicine cabinet or computer.

More toy options in general, maybe some music things to aid future band legends, plus the ability to make toys by handy sims.

Toddler tables/chairs to give them their own kitchen space/tea party area can also put toys to use as other sims.

Ability to bathe babies/toddlers in sinks.

Automatic rockers, keep the little ones asleep or soothe them on a bad day, possibility to be stolen by cats and small dogs.

Strollers/Option to hold a toddler's hand as you walk outside.

Chance to smash vases/valuable objects.

Various edits of furniture to suit a nursery and be used by a toddler/baby instead of just meant to look good in the corner.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I love all of that! 🤗👍 Yes, more baby and toddler items, please!

I miss the playpen, the baby/toddler swings, and the stroller from Sims 3. I miss the freedom of the stroller. The rockers were cute, too.

Oh, cleaning the baby in the sink in Sims 2 was adorable, too.

I think there was an ability to “clean” a toddler with the sink in Sims 4, but it’s just an abstract animation with the older sims just spinning the toddler in the air with some bubbles. It is not like the baby-sink animation from Sims 2, where the Sims actually put the baby in the actual sink and gestured pouring water over the baby. (It’s so cute! 🤗❤️ I always loved watching that interaction.)

But yes to more baby/toddler items and more interactions with babies/toddlers! 🙂👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    > @LatinaBunny said:
    > I love all of that! 🤗👍 Yes, more baby and toddler items, please!
    >
    > I miss the playpen, the baby/toddler swings, and the stroller from Sims 3. I miss the freedom of the stroller. The rockers were cute, too.
    >
    > Oh, cleaning the baby in the sink in Sims 2 was adorable, too.
    >
    > I think there was an ability to “clean” a toddler with the sink in Sims 4, but it’s just an abstract animation with the older sims just spinning the toddler in the air with some bubbles. It is not like the baby-sink animation from Sims 2, where the Sims actually put the baby in the actual sink and gestured pouring water over the baby. (It’s so cute! 🤗❤️ I always loved watching that interaction.)
    >
    > But yes to more baby/toddler items and more interactions with babies/toddlers! 🙂👍
    I would love that.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Watching Tiktok comparison videos of Sims2/Sims 4 babies and currently amazed how a game created in the early 2000s has more in depth than its grandchild in 2022! We have games that are literal movies in terms of graphics and script, yet a simulation game, about people, seems to have gone BACKWARDS.

Fingers crossed for the behind the sims event