Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 just online?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited December 2021
    At the same time 11k players like the Online Multiplayer mod for TS4.

I don't know how many players still play to FreeSO but the forum reached 5k members.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pretty much they want to bring the Sims Online back which was always online and multiplayer like they attempted with the Sims 4 originally. Only difference is there won't be a SimCity game to save the Sims this time. If the attempt fails that is it for PC games for the Sims franchise and they will revert to mobile online game only like they did with SimCity. Why people might be moving to Paralives anyways. MMO games are extremely graphic and data suckers so going to appeal to rich Simmers like how Sims Online did. They might as well go all out with VR while they are at it too with how expensive MMO games are now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    NFT is the future, I imagine The Sims MMO as a platform where real life brands could release digital items.

EA could obtain money from them.

Who even pays for NFTs besides gullible suckers, NFTs are a scam that's not even worth a single penny, and yes I know what a penny is.
  • Options
    Here's an Idea why not make a Sims MMORPG set in the same universe as Sims medieval.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Here's an Idea why not make a Sims MMORPG set in the same universe as Sims medieval.

I mean since we're already half way there Sims and RPGs have skill building mechanics and Sims Medieval is perfect fantasy setting, instead of cars you have mounts in the forms of Horses and Dragons.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I mean since we're already half way there Sims and RPGs have skill building mechanics and Sims Medieval is perfect fantasy setting, instead of cars you have mounts in the forms of Horses and Dragons.
    It would probably fair better as one. A lot of Simmers enjoyed that game. MMOs tend not to be safe unless they are farming games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    From what I've seen Sim players for the most part run their games on potatoes I can't imagine an online game with the Sims ever being a sucess. Hopefully they learned from the mess that is Sims 4 and never go that way again the endless limitations this game faces all comes from it being an online game that had 1 year to become an offline game.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    If they release TS5 with ONLY online gameplay, I will just go back to FreeSims Online or just enjoy my growing collection of Switch games. If they release TS5 for every platform out there, I will come back to maybe the PC version but DEFINITELY the Nintendo Switch since it would look amazing on the OLED model.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    It's because the Sims 4 was going to be online only why we ended up with such a poor game at launch

Let's hope the Sims 5 don't go the same way...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited December 2021
    another issue with online is dealing with other players who have different playstyles, each type of simmer needs their own turf or neighborhood, can you imagine the pandemonium of having occult simmers and realism simmers living in the same neighborhood, it would break immersion for both groups, just have a bar, gym, library and what not be in the center of town as a neutral ground for all parties involved, generation simmers should pretty much live anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Again Minecraft is a good example of what the co-op can be when players share the same goal.

I can't imagine Maxis forcing you to play with people that you don't like.
    For example at The Sims level it could be limited interactions with your sims if the player isn't add to your friend list.

Multiplayer games are designed to let us play with our friends and people who share the same interest.

People who don't follow the "rules" are often banned from the group of players.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    Today I sent my sim to study and read in a coffee shop. I thought the quiet atmosphere would be fitting. Instead it was a town party with everyone standing in the middle either dancing or chatting. And the barista was a mile away. I would gladly accept a multiplayer version if it means I won't have to deal with their sorry excuse for "smart sims".
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The side effect of multiplayer is the single player gameplay is neglected or less fun.

For example in SWTOR several missions of the story mode are designed for multiplayer, it's not fun to do it alone.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The side effect of multiplayer is the single player gameplay is neglected or less fun.

Only if you dont do it right. Minecraft is still fun single player. Now we trust EA to make a fun single & multiplayer right? Right??..
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options

Only if you dont do it right. Minecraft is still fun single player. Now we trust EA to make a fun single & multiplayer right? Right??..

I tend to play most MMOs like a single player game, I had no Issues playing SWTOR solo, aside from the occasional lag, I still play ESO and Star Trek Online on my own.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    It's already in development, according to interviews across the internet, and will be multiplayer. How they design that, however, is where the divide is. Like Minecraft, or World of Warcraft? Cause I prefer Minecraft, with an optional multplayer.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    How are mods and CC going to work with a multiplayer sims game? I can't imagine not having mods to fix the game and make it more enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    sazzlysarahsazzlysarah Posts: 23 Member
    I like the idea of Online features for the Sims 5. The global internet infrastructure is certainly in a much better position to support such content. But I expect there will be little in the way of local server support, and the entire system will be restricted to offcial servers aka SimCity.

I quite like the idea of running a Collectables Museum, and people IRL are able to visit. I'm primarily a Sims 3 player, and am actually working on a Ticksheet to track every achievement and collectable item in the game! I'v love for others to be able to dynamically come and view my progress in real time, not be restricted to a Google Sheet doc (although this also works well! ;) )
  • Options
    > @WildIrishBanshee said:
    > It's already in development, according to interviews across the internet, and will be multiplayer. How they design that, however, is where the divide is. Like Minecraft, or World of Warcraft? Cause I prefer Minecraft, with an optional multplayer.

I would like the ability to have varying levels of multiplayer. "Fully Open", "Friends List", "Local Multiplayer" (same Network), and Private. That way we can customise the connectivity we're happy to experience set by the lot we're playing on.

I mentioned above I'd like to have a Museum Sims can visit, but in the same household, I'd like my Sims home to be restricted to just me, no multiplayer. Could you imagine your sim trying to sleep, and someone walks in, wanting a chat. Rude!
  • Options
    > It's already in development, according to interviews across the internet, and will be multiplayer. How they design that, however, is where the divide is. Like Minecraft, or World of Warcraft? Cause I prefer Minecraft, with an optional multplayer.

I would like the ability to have varying levels of multiplayer. "Fully Open", "Friends List", "Local Multiplayer" (same Network), and Private. That way we can customise the connectivity we're happy to experience set by the lot we're playing on.

I mentioned above I'd like to have a Museum Sims can visit, but in the same household, I'd like my Sims home to be restricted to just me, no multiplayer. Could you imagine your sim trying to sleep, and someone walks in, wanting a chat. Rude!

Personally I like the Co-Op option they had in the PS2 port of Bustin Out.
  • Options

Personally I like the Co-Op option they had in the PS2 port of Bustin Out.

Oh my, now that's a game I forgot I even owned! What a throwback :smiley: I never tried the Co-op option, my choices in console games were normally geared for single player, and I never tried it any other way. I'll have to look it up, and see what you mean...
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think that making the Sims 5 will be online only would be a mistake. The Sims is more of a toy than a game, with non-linear gameplay and freeform player goals. Being able to mess around with house construction or CAS for hours are both aspects of the game that don't benefit from being online much at all.

I don't know if EA will include online play for TS5. If they do, I hope it's opt-in. Something like a game world where your Sims travel to which is specifically online - like a neighbourhood. They could add themed neighbourhoods which parallel the single player versions, but have more social hubs for people to mess around in. For example you could have online Sims 5 versions of Las Vegas, or Monaco, or Whitsunday Islands.

They'd need some decent infrastructure to back all this up though. Imagine having tons of players all taking their Sims families for a holiday at the same time. Latency reduction would be pretty tricky. Maybe they'd need shards or something similar. I wish there was something other than silence from EA.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    EA won't do The Sims without CC/mod

Andrew Wilson (EA CEO) : "And so this concept of UGC or user-generated content is really just an extension of the social interaction that I'm able to have with my friends in and around experiencing what is the best entertainment on the planet. And so I believe that's going to be a really important part of our future."
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't think this will work with children/teenagers who play the Sims.. the internet is dangerous, so having it online only will mean strangers can talk to them, it's too dangerous. and even lets say you had to give them a special code in order to add a friend, imagine if your child types the code somewhere or a mate gives it to someone, or a strange hacks in to the account by guessing the code etc the child/teen would now be in danger again. I grew up playing online games as a child/teen and it was not a good idea, I was exposed to too many adult things on games like habbo hotel and runescape. And I just want to add, even if only children/teens could access the account, there are still too many adult themed clothing/mods that would be even worse if they were using them with other people. I just worry about safety for the most part, but I do agree I don't know how all laptops/computers will handle online gameplay too. It would make romantic storylines awkward for me as an adult as I would not want to involve a strange, again it could become too weird or they might not leave me alone.