Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATE 9-2-20 Has your Sims 3 game been affected by the recent pixilation issues?

1232425262729...Next

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    My game has not been affected
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Astro Aww, you're so sweet. Thank you. <3
    I've tried Reshade out and...I didn't like how it requires a different key to take pictures (not C) and then my pictures would come out dark... I dunno what I was doing wrong, but I didn't like it. :confused: I also have a VERY old computer monitor (old flat screen tv) which could be the issue too. But yeah if I ever decide to revisit it, I'll for sure let you know. :)

I think I'll give that lightning mod a try and I 100% agree that KBPrimer skin in the best out there. :blush: It's what I've had in my game for years and I can't part with it. :star:

That's why I got rid of it.You had to use prnt screen to take the pics, otherwise they come out all dark.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    My game has been affected and I'm upset
    Nvidia listening to you guys taking screenshots with prnt screen:
    spongebob-squarepants.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    edited February 2022
    My game has been affected but it doesn't bother me
    I haven't updated my graphics driver in probably a year. :flushed: (Moving greatly interfered with that). I was afraid the pixelation/dithering would get worse. But I dunno.

Have any of you found the latest graphics driver updates (particularly for Nvidia) improving things at all?

Or anything else that makes it better that hasn't already been discussed?

Thanks. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I don’t remember what I voted, but my game looks like this now too. It’s really noticeable on my sims faces and on the walls.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No problems with my Sims 3 since 2018. :)
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    No problems with my Sims 3 since 2018. :)

@SERVERFRA May I ask what kind of graphics card you have? :blush: And are you playing on Windows 10?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I actually don't really understand graphic cards. However, I do have Windows 10 on my Desktop PC.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill the latest update made my game run so slow that I ended up rolling back my driver
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @emorrill I am updated to the latest Windows update, version 21H1. I haven't done the 'feature' update to 21H2. Everything is still the same. No better but no worse. I haven't updated my Nvidia driver in ages cause I had to roll back due to some issues it caused with my editor, so not sure how that is affecting things currently.
    @ZeeGee Good to know. Thanks. <3 Bummer it's no better..... I guess Nvidia and Windows just don't care about gamers who still enjoy playing older games... It makes me sad that my game may never look as pristine as it used to when I first got this computer. :pensive: And it was for such a short time until Dec 2019 update. But lately I've been telling myself that it looks better and sharper than it did on my Windows 7 computer so I should be thankful. And I am.

Anyhoo, I meant to ask you how'd y'all survive the winter storm up there? ;) We got through it without losing power and I thank the Lord because... We don't have a back up heat source. :flushed: Getting a generator is something we plan to purchase in the future. I never drove anywhere for 4 days until the ice fully melted off the roads. Felt like COVID quarantine days again. :lol: So I got a little stir crazy, but I prefer feeling at peace in the safety of my house more than getting out. :blush:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other. Please explain in comments.
    @emorrill, LOTS of blankets. :D Of course, my wife complains everytime I throw the covers off saying that "I'm hot". I'm the type that goes out to the grocery store when it's 33F in t-shirt and shorts. We had our West Coast storm about two weeks before the East got hit. And ordinarily it doesn't get that cold in BC, but it got down to about -4F... so had to bundle up... in a sweater and long pants.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Good to know. Thanks. <3 Bummer it's no better..... I guess Nvidia and Windows just don't care about gamers who still enjoy playing older games... It makes me sad that my game may never look as pristine as it used to when I first got this computer. :pensive: And it was for such a short time until Dec 2019 update. But lately I've been telling myself that it looks better and sharper than it did on my Windows 7 computer so I should be thankful. And I am.

Anyhoo, I meant to ask you how'd y'all survive the winter storm up there? ;) We got through it without losing power and I thank the Lord because... We don't have a back up heat source. :flushed: Getting a generator is something we plan to purchase in the future. I never drove anywhere for 4 days until the ice fully melted off the roads. Felt like COVID quarantine days again. :lol: So I got a little stir crazy, but I prefer feeling at peace in the safety of my house more than getting out. :blush:

@emorrill I AGREE SO MUCH. I've pretty much just adapted to it as well as I don't think it will ever be fixed.

Same here, got through it without losing power at least and stayed home until the ice was off the roads, 4-5 days? Something like that. Glad y'all survived your first Arkansas winter 'storm' okay. :kissing:

@Nikkei_Simmer So you're one of those guys I see in freezing weather with t-shirt and shorts and think to myself they're completely mad. :smiley:

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Other. Please explain in comments.
    @ZeeGee, Yup. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top