Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are many sims youtubers overlook the fact the sims 4 is lacking?

For example: lilsimsie plays the sims since the sims 3. But would she be more critical if she played the sims 1 & 2 a lot more?

I play the sims since 2000 and thats why i can see the sims 4 is lacking. The expansions they put out are not on the same level as the sims 1 and sims 2?

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Probably, but people also like different things. I prefer Sims 4 to Sims 3, and I like Sims 3 more than both Sims 2 and Sims 1. Not everyone is going to think that the older Sims series are the best. I played all of them, but I'm not a rotational player and the lack of global aging and the way skilling is done in the Sims 2 are deal breakers for me.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Who knows what goes on in peoplefolks heads, especially Me Tubbies.

I agree with @haneul though, we all like different things in different ways. I never expected the sims 4 to be the same game as sims 3 or 2 or 1. I prefer some of the systems from sims 4 over those of sims 3 and vice versa.

I recently played sims 2 for a bit ( I didn’t “grow up” with sims, but that doesn’t make me less of a simmer) and there are a bunch of really great features in that iteration that I’d love to see in Sims 4, however it doesn’t necessarily mean TS2 is “better” than the rest because the majority seems to think that way. A lot of that is also nostalgia tugging at your dear dear hearts.

We all have different preferences for stuff. Some see improvements, others see “lack of”. Oh well. 😅
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Agree with Haneul. I am young so no I didn't grow up with the old series like older simmers have. But I have played the older games for first hand experience. I don't remember much about ts2 but I have all of ts3 packs. Yes ts4 is missing stuff it has but I would pick ts4 over the others any day. It's just more that I like about it and it feels like the right game for me.
    Plus it's actually more sandbox tell your own stories and I love that. Also love my sims and their emotions too. Older sims had attraction and whatnot but felt like stone to me.

But as a YouTuber I don't see the point of crying and moaning constantly about how bad ts4 is to older games. Leave that to twitter. Otherwise I'll just change the channel because it's like okkkkkaaayy... so you don't like it? Go play ts3?
    Voicing a few complaints or lacking things you'd like to see is fine. But after it seems like your dedicating your life to trashing a video game it starts to become....weird...o.O
    Ts4 ts3 or ts2 is not for everyone. Different people like different things and there is no harm in that 😌 plus the whole point is to have fun with it on YouTube and share your fun adventures with others. I've watched lots of youtubers just creating fun dramatic stories.
    Honestly I feel like there are plenty of ts4 critics out there for those interested.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't think it's fun to have a YouTube channel about a game you hate.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Lilsimsie criticizes the game too, just not all the time. She basically makes a living out of TS4, so she's not gonna spit in the soup (it's an expression in France).
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think her thing is just being overly happy happy about everything. She has a lot of younger followers so her channel isn't really about "the pitfalls of the sims franchise"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've notice there's some YouTube Simmers that actually mentions both the good & the bad with Sims 4. Also, they are very good at being morales which is very much needed in these crazy times. :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Who knows? Maybe they’re getting free packs? Or, maybe they might actually like (some of) Sims 4?

Though I’ve played a lot of Sims 1-2 in the past, lately, I have been preferring to play Sims 4 and Sims 3 instead, and Sims 4 is one of my top favorites right now. (I’ve been playing since Sims 1.)

However, I am aware of areas where Sims 4 is lacking. At the same time, though, I am tired of dealing with that kind of constant negativity, and I just want to focus on just playing (and interacting with nicer fellow Sims 4 fans).

I think some YouTubers do know some of the lacking areas, too, and they do list some of the disappointments and cons alongside the good stuff/pros. But, it’s been several years, and I think YouTubers already know what to expect out from Sims 4 nowadays.

I follow the more positive YouTubers because I got tired of the folks who kept constantly lamenting about older Sims games, and I was tired of that kind of negativity. I am glad to find more positive YouTubers and sims fans who actually enjoy Sims 4 instead of making me feel awful about liking Sims 4 like the forums did when Sims 4 first came out.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    cyncie wrote: »
    I think there’s this assumption that everyone who plays this game hates or only tolerates it, and prefers the holy grail of Sims 2. That may be true for some players, but I don’t think it’s universal. I started playing with S3, but have S2-4 on my computer. I have a choice of which game I play, and I’m playing S4. There are pros and cons to all of them. Each game has its strengths and weaknesses. I’m always amazed at people who profess to hate this game and then expend huge amounts of energy on these boards or YouTube telling everyone how much they hate it, and how they should hate it too. If I disliked a game that much, I’d just go back to one I liked better and wait to see if S5 is more to my liking. I would not be all over YouTube and social media trashing it. Let those who do like it enjoy their game.

Thanks for this! :smile: I have loved Sims 1 and Sims 2, but nowadays, I prefer to play Sims 4 (and a bit of Sims 3 with mods). It’s nice to find some fellow Simmers who also like Sims 4.
    (She/her)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

That's interesting. I love lilsimsie. I think she is the one I like just as a person the most. She is very kind and is constantly thanking her fans in her videos. I mainly watch her tutorial videos. She has taught me so many building tricks. It's hard to follow her gameplay videos because she talks so fast, yells at her Sims, and they are always catching fire and dying lol. Our gameplay style is so different. My game is very peaceful. All the youtube and twitch Sims gamers seem to play like that. I'm really looking forward to her more real life vlogs as well as her builds, because she is building a house in real life now too. I just don't really listen to any Simmer reviews anymore. Especially not since they all bashed my Batuu baby. I love that pack, so they have no credibility with me anymore. They need to learn the importance of being able to give your Sim a lightsabre and have R2D2 follow around beside you before they try to teach me which packs are good. :unamused:

I do know what you mean because I've played from 2000 as well, for example the number of interactive objects and socializations, stuff to do at locations, business retail play, feels lacking in these packs overall. However the graphics now are so stunning you just can't compare. Also, there are a lot of new animations and places that are amazing. So maybe they are going for higher quality experience and less quantity of objects and socials. I think even if they just added lots of simple things, it would certainly be welcome. Just because I want everything from Sims 1&2, and also Sims Freeplay, as well as brand new things created, all added to my Sims 4 game doesn't mean I am critical in a hateful way. I just want everything. :wink:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    One thing that would really help is for more things for sims to do. Example, sim A meets sim B. What can they do? talk. If sims A & B are friends or at least strong acquaintances, and they meet, what can they do? Talk. Where are the sim-to-sim activities? In TS2 there are such options as play (lots of things there), dance with, romantic socials of various levels. There are options with variety. Even talking has the 'hang out' option if the relationship is high enough (doesn't take much) where they do just that, sit down and chat. for hours.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't think so no. They decide themselves what to put into their video. It's important to remember that the video we see is just a video showcasing what they feel like saying in the video. If they think that complaining about things lacking in the game does not make for a good video then they are probably not gonna do it.

Some might show how they feel more often than not, often youtubers have a specific style they tend to follow which works for them so as for the youtuber that you mentioned the impression I have gotten is that she is sometimes very positive and sometimes also very negative about some things.

She likes to say "This is the worst day of my life". And that's part of her style and that's also what makes her videos fun to watch.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    As a youtuber myself (and not so much sims videos!) some do have a script and may say the same catchphrase to induce fans or an audience. So in essence, they decide for themselves what to put in the video. You also can't know for sure, maybe they don't like the game, or really like the game. Everyone has different tastes as far as what they like. Though if one truly doesn't like something- say that! Even give some of TS3, or TS2 a try.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Actually, Youtuber influencers are there to make money and get perks, their 'job' is to hype a game as much as possible. Those reasons are why LGR decided not to be one of EA's influencers. Notice they are never called 'game changers' anymore because they don't get much input into what goes into a game, though they can offer an opinion. But many of have said when they did get to go somewhere they were not really allowed to be negative and or give honest feedback about a feature. Most of the time it was skipped over quickly and strong feedback ignored or frowned upon. So, they are 'influencers' influencing you to buy as much as they can or they may not be invited the next time..just ask SimsVIP, or some others who lost followers by shadow hiding their reviews etc. If the person isn't happy enough and so excited they may not get the next pack to review, either. It has nothing to do with whether they love a game or pack,it's whether they can generate cash for the company.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I’ve played the sims since the beginning and I enjoy sims 4 even though I wish some things were different.

The reality is that some people like the Sims 4 regardless of its limitations. Some of the features people desperately want back are features that I personally hope don’t make a comeback. We all like different things

I don’t watch that many exclusively Sim Youtubers. But all the ones I watch including Lilsimsie do criticize the game from time to time. Obviously there are some that do it more than others.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Somebody probably wants the YouTuber Sims 4 simmers to be yes people only.
    edited February 2022
    I think some YouTubers have their style and gain an audience for that style. Some are more positive than others, but if they’re sort of working for the company, then I feel it shouldn’t be surprising when they don’t badmouth the company’s product so badly, lol.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    Honestly, I feel the same way. Ive bought the base game and mostly all of the packs, with the exception of a few which I may be picking up soon. Me and my sis have been playing and we both feel like the game lacks fun. Its tedious to say the least.
    For starters, theres no grocery stores and as an avid player of the other sims games, its super boring and repetitive. Where are the burglars and the police? Where are the mishaps which made the game so exciting and imo, gave it a kick. Its literally the same thing everyday.
    The GPs and EPs are all the same too, eventually you finish doing everything but theres no possibility of any change because they've been designed to just be playable a limited number of times before they give us a new pack.
    Dont get me wrong, I have imagination but I can only think of so much before it gets monotonous. I mean, we do pay quite a bit of money for it.
    The base game is bland and I highly feel like its a way to milk money from the community because EA and devs know we are willing to pay.

Why is my sim able to cheat with a married man? Where are the consequences from doing it? Isnt there a way for certain sims to be faithful and avoid interactions with my sim if she continues to intrude on their love life??

The constant loading screens between my neighbours apartment and mine are getting annoying now.

The game itself is super babyish in all honesty and its making me not want to play it until major changes happen. I stopped playing it back in 2018 and only got into it a few day ago, there are lots of changes like added toddlers which are perfect but theres so much that needs to be done but I feel like devs are super laid back and not taking any of our critiques into consideration which is actually super wrong on their part as we're paying for good content which we arent getting.

Yall need to step it up.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    It's sad how we keep asking EA/Maxis for more different kinds of venues,but all EA/Maxis ever gives us are more libraries,more bars,more gyms,more fashion and more make-up. I don't think EA/Maxis even cares about listening to us.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    "Sims 4 is lacking" is not a fact, it's an opinion. A YouTuber who doesn't share that opinion is not overlooking anything.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    "Sims 4 is lacking" is not a fact, it's an opinion. A YouTuber who doesn't share that opinion is not overlooking anything.

Truth to be told, ''Sims 4 is lacking'', is a fact. Sims 4 lacks so much from the Sims 3. For example, no open world, no color wheel, babies tied to the crib, and at launch no pools and ghosts.
    There is more, but I think you know my point, and besides, it would be to tedious to list everything that is missing in the Sims 4.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Different people place different value in different aspects of the games. I've been simming since the original game came out, what...21 years ago now? And I prefer TS4 to all of it's predecessors. That's not to say I think it's perfect, and there are plenty of things which I think both 2 and 3 did better. But for my own personal preferences of what I want out of the games, 4 is my favorite.

I still do play TS2 and TS3 as well, though, because like I said, there are plenty of things that both of them do better.

It's extremely narrow-minded to take the view that your opinion is "a fact" when ... well, it's not.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Different people place different value in different aspects of the games. I've been simming since the original game came out, what...21 years ago now? And I prefer TS4 to all of it's predecessors. That's not to say I think it's perfect, and there are plenty of things which I think both 2 and 3 did better. But for my own personal preferences of what I want out of the games, 4 is my favorite.

I still do play TS2 and TS3 as well, though, because like I said, there are plenty of things that both of them do better.

It's extremely narrow-minded to take the view that your opinion is "a fact" when ... well, it's not.

I think people mean it's lacking compared to what was actually in the base games of others. Those are facts when every thing is compared. We've had to wait for years for things like a smarter AI in TS4 compared to TS2 or even TS3. They are just now (going on 8 years) getting around to things they added in game updates to spruce up the Sim personality....which still can't compare to TS2 and TS3 Sims. So much that isn't in TS4 that were every day work for TS2 that it's hard to say it's not facts. When we compare EPs to EPs...even if not even in the same realm we still come up short in so many ways.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.