Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All the worlds in Sims 2, 3, and 4

I just counted up all the worlds in the Sims 2, 3, and 4 and then sorted then by continent. It's in my twitter thread with lots of screen shots:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KathplaysSims/status/1481525852114350080

I don't know how to embed my twitter here, sorry! But given that's there's been 30+ American, 9 European, 3 East Asian, 3 tropical islands, 2 alien, and only 1 South American and 1 Egyptian worlds, what worlds do you think we need next?

Comments

• Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Mediterranean
    Egypt
    Scandinavia

A world for Seasons
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think we need a Forgotten Hollow village. Same vibe, but with a couple of village area neighbourhoods and a dark forest, and serviced by an old steam train. More South America would also be nice.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I disagree with Sims 3, in my opinion most of the worlds are more Scandinavian rather than American. Agree with the point though, we desperately need more variety. With Europe for example we always get tons of central/northern European countryside, but absolutely nothing of southern Europe. Where's the Mediterranean?? I used to live in Spain, and at the moment there's nothing that even vaguely resembles it in a single one of the sims games.

Even with the international countries that are represented, it's very much an American idea of it too. Henford on Bagley doesn't even vaguely look like 99% of England, it's very much an American idea of the country. Majority of England is big urban towns with very little green space...

The Mediterranean, Middle East, India, Africa, etc still aren't represented at all which is so disappointing. I hope we'll see something of them at some point
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I disagree with Sims 3, in my opinion most of the worlds are more Scandinavian rather than American. Agree with the point though, we desperately need more variety. With Europe for example we always get tons of central/northern European countryside, but absolutely nothing of southern Europe. Where's the Mediterranean?? I used to live in Spain, and at the moment there's nothing that even vaguely resembles it in a single one of the sims games.

Even with the international countries that are represented, it's very much an American idea of it too. Henford on Bagley doesn't even vaguely look like 99% of England, it's very much an American idea of the country. Majority of England is big urban towns with very little green space...

The Mediterranean, Middle East, India, Africa, etc still aren't represented at all which is so disappointing. I hope we'll see something of them at some point

Would be nice to have some world inspired from India, with temples, festivals, a slum neighbourhood, washing in rivers, a sewing/cloth making skill maybe, some rich palace and villas, and bangra dancing. And lots of vegan dishes.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I actually love Sims 3 Bridgeport, Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, Moonlight Falls, Oasis Landing & Roaring Heights. <3

I also love Sims 4 Brindleton Bay, Forgotten Falls, Glimmerbrook, Henford, Mt. K, Savadora, Strangerville, Sulani & Windenburg. <3
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2022
    With Sims 3 CAW one could make whatever country it wanted outside of EA/Maxis producing itself whereas it may have been possible with Sims 2, and it is not possible with Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Idk if turkey is in southern Europe but I have watched a few Turkish series on Netflix and the culture and vibe is just so nice idk what word to explain it but I think it would be a really cool world to get. It makes me think about the amount of diverse places and worlds we could get in the sims but we keep getting boring similar American worlds and idk I always get excited about different cultures in the sims because it means I can think of new architecture styles, new types of families and sims to make, new food and etc. Also love to see ppl from that culture getting excited and sharing the history behind a certain reference or inspiration in the game. It's a nice way to learn more about other places in the world.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited January 2022
    How about sub-saharan africa? Kenya in East Africa has the major city of Nairobi, plus the geography of savannahs and forests, a major river, etc etc. And we already have rainforest/jungles, and deserts, but no savannahs. The entire African sub continent except Egypt, is conspicuously absent from the games to date, and Egypt doesn't well represent most of the rest of the continent.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I wouldn’t say “aren’t represented AT ALL”.
    Being a transcontinental country Egypt is partly African and partly Asian.

The Sims 3 world Monte Vista is inspired by Tuscany, which is an area in Italy which is a country in the Mediterranean Region would you believe it.
    Premium game play items include a pizza oven thingie plus a Mediterranean country market and there’s also that Venetian Gondola Lurv lot. That stuff may be separate, I can’t remember, but it is very Italian indeed.
    Monte Vista is one of my favorite worlds. I’ve grown many vineyards there and bottled great quantities of fine wine. I mean nectar. 🍷

• CordovaFamilyValuesCordovaFamilyValues Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd like to see more Fantasy worlds! It can sword and sorcery, Realm of the Gods, either way it's good (both sound like fun actually).

Or maybe even some sort of time travel world where we can go back to ancient China, Feudal Japan, or Medieval Europe and have some adventures there (that would be EPIC!). As long as we can build there and design things how we want. I have a lot of fantasy games I want to play and having more fantasy worlds would help a lot!