Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you Tired of Kits?

Comments

• SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    Other (explain please)
    if they want to charge for additional clothing, they should do it in a way like in the sims 3 where you could buy each asset you wanted individually. if i want one hairstyle in a kit then why would i buy the entire kit?
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    They are optional, so I have no problem with them existing. It's only non-optional things that bother me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Other (explain please)
    Smaller packs aren't bad though I wish certain ones they didn't completely fumbled it. Been wanting a kit drived towards men since the beginning go tit and...not really what I was want expecting or hoping for as I can't use a lot of it for the males in my game.Probably would have been better if not so fashion oriented with companies for this one.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I hate them but I could love them if they would put better stuff in them. I’m sick of these clothing ones. I want stuff for kids and teens. A pajama kit would be awesome if you’re going to do only clothes. A prom kit kinda like what they did on the sims 3 store.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I like kits, I just wish they would even them out between cas, BB, and gameplay. Make one, then one of the others. I feel like there is a cas overload.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Love the Kits
    i love the kits the more the better as well as expansion and gamepacks and stuffpacks
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    What happened to stuff packs?? They were always way more rounded packs than what the kits are giving us. The cas packs never have hairs, beards or accessories.. The build packs are just unimaginative, giving us again just basic furniture that are 90% just clones of pre existing items.. And well, did they ever fix the ONE, bugged gameplay kit they gave us?

If they gave us like a beard pack, or a tattoo pack, or like “facial details” (as they are also completely forgotten cas features), I would be more happy, as they would fill a large hole that exists in the game. Somebody also mentioned maps from TS3, I would 100% buy world map kits, even if they were completely empty like newcrest 🙌

Eugh, I was hopeful for kits in the beginning but they are lacklustre to say the least, and seem to be at the price of actual other packs!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    With 47% of the votes so far leaning towards people being unhappy with the kits, why is EA/Maxis still putting kits at the top of their to-do list? Clearly, the kits have missed the mark when it comes to being popular with the masses or so many Simmers wouldn't be unhappy. We want to PLAY the game not just look at new stuff that doesn't DO anything. And I do not buy the excuse they can't create at least new GPs while working from home. If they were working at the main studio, wouldn't they be in separate parts of the building? I doubt everyone working on a new pack would all be working together in one office. There would be phone calls and zoom meetings, and perhaps a supervisor checking in with the various teams working on packs from time to time. I realize creativity happens best when like-minded people share the same space and can share their vision of what they are trying to accomplish. But it has been nearly two years since this all began with the lockdowns and working remotely. And as things are a long way from being back to anything that resembles normalcy as we knew it, it's time to accept this for what it is. It is our new normal way of doing business. Accept, adapt and thrive. Three things I don't believe are happening with the creators right now. Instead of looking back and wishing things were different and more like the 'old days', they need to look at what kind of future they can create for Sims4. Because from where I am sitting right now, I don't see a future for this franchise if the creators are unable to accept the circumstances, adapt to doing things a bit differently, and thrive while doing the very thing they profess to love which is creating new content for Sims4.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Yes. I'm getting a kit allergy :lol:
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
    bixters wrote: »
    I wish I could throw them all in a fire. :D
    I am so sick of them. They're cheaply made by third party companies not even associated with Maxis (mostly in China I believe). I understand that maybe they had to resort to them because of the pandemic, but I'm so tired of them.
    Bring back the Stuff Packs, Game Packs and Expansion Packs. Down with Kits :D

This is not even remotely close to being true. Kits are made in-house, by Maxis.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I like the idea of kits. I was a big customer of the Sims 3 Store because it gave me options for additional customization of my game in a more individualized way. However, I have not purchased any kits. They’re just not giving me anything I want in my game.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    No reason for being mean and rude there, @bixters. The quality of the items shipped with kits is okay. Some even have great quality content. The nose ring from the Fashion street kit is really good, for example, and the Oasis Kit has some stunning build mode stuff. The couch and wall decal from the Industrial Loft Kit also stand out quality-wise. The plant Kit offers some extremely versatile plants.
    While I'm personally sick of kits because I want gameplay and wouldn't take some of the kits for free even, I still had to speak up here.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    It would be different if there weren't SO many of them, but it seems like they are using it to keep from having to make packs. I never used to feel that way.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I neither love nor hate them and I am a bit more than neutral. I like them. Especially the CAS items for the male half of the Sims. I get plenty of cc for furnitures & build but I have deliberately ignored CAS cc so getting new CAS things via kits is nice. And I do like the quality they bring. I have the kitchen kit and the plant kit and I was very excited over the vacuum kit until I saw how broken it is (at least in big houses). I haven't turned that feature on since then but as a fix has been implemented I might give it a go again but to be honest I keep forgetting that I have vacuums :smirk: So. Yeah. Today, this is my take on the kits. I do hope that future kits wont have any gameplay or at least will be more bug free than the vacuum cleaner kit.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Other (explain please)
    I must admit I am starting to get a little tired of them, but mainly because I want more packs. There is still so much I want to see added and it's hard not to feel impatient when you have been waiting so long, especially for content from previous games. Kits also tend to be very niche and unappealing to me personally, although there are a few I like, such as Bust the Dust. I am not entirely against kits as long as they do not slow down development of packs and other updates. I wish they focused more on gameplay and popular versatile themes though.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Other (explain please)
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    With 47% of the votes so far leaning towards people being unhappy with the kits, why is EA/Maxis still putting kits at the top of their to-do list? Clearly, the kits have missed the mark when it comes to being popular with the masses or so many Simmers wouldn't be unhappy.

115 votes on a forum poll is clearly not the masses. They must be selling relatively well or we wouldn't have another two being released in the next 2 months.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other (explain please)

115 votes on a forum poll is clearly not the masses. They must be selling relatively well or we wouldn't have another two being released in the next 2 months.

Oh, come on, didn't you know that as soon as a couple people online agree with your opinion, that means that "the masses" feel that way?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Oh, come on, didn't you know that as soon as a couple people online agree with your opinion, that means that "the masses" feel that way?

I guess that depends if the responses that we see from people when it comes to kits reflect the larger player base. There are many people that just play the game and don't post or engage with the community.
    Post edited by logion on
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    I also think they sell well enough to make them more money than packs, mainly because they cost EA less in development.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    Im sick and tired of kits. We've had nothing but kits since our last EP and Im never buying them. And whoever said that kits wouldnt be affecting the releases of GPs and EPs?

surejan.w700.h700.jpg

And something I just thought of, we only have 1 kit that adds new gameplay mechanics, everything else is just new clothes or new furniture. Reminds me ALOT of other games that charge extra for new downloadable skins and/or alternate costumes. Nothing added to the game, just cosmetic changes. All the more reason I believe that kits are 100% just more of EA's shenanigans.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    Hey guys, haha...remember...remember when, back in the day, people ragged on Stuff Packs and talked about how little they got and how terrible they were and how much they just hated them and how they were just the worst packs ever and that they'd never ever support or accept them, hahaha... :p
    #Team Occult
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    It's not that I don't like the idea of kits but when we haven't had an expansion, game, or stuff pack for more than half the year it starts getting old. I want substance and gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    Neutral. I like the concept of the kits in a general idea -though some themes I may not like as much that's okay, not everything is for everyone).

My big issue to offset that, is that no matter what they've said to the otherwise, the production of kits very much feels like it's resulting less packs.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Sick and Tired of Kits
    LiELF wrote: »
    Hey guys, haha...remember...remember when, back in the day, people ragged on Stuff Packs and talked about how little they got and how terrible they were and how much they just hated them and how they were just the worst packs ever and that they'd never ever support or accept them, hahaha... :p

Well, to be fair, the more recent SPs improved greatly over the originals. I do not miss SPs of the quality of Luxury Party for example, but I would like to see more SPs of the quality of Paranormal. I can't see the same improvement in content happening for future kits. But, I would love to see the devs prove me wrong.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Neutral about Kits
    The point of kits is little niche things for random people. A lot of people like that.

They aren't worth my §5, though. Not yet, anyway.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports