Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Forbidden Sweater

My knitaholic sim has just finished a legendary "Forbidden Sweater". If I gift it to a non-played Sim, will they actually wear it? I'd hate to waste it if they wouldn't.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have no idea, but I wish all my grannies and aunts had asked me that before giving me all those hideous sweaters that I never wore. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    :lol:@VeeDub This sweater definitely qualifies as a hideous sweater. I honestly don't want to wear it with one of my own Sims, which is why I'd like to gift it. But dam, I want someone to wear it!

qthc9wo970u2.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I think you would need to play that sim to add the sweater to their closet and then change their outfit in CAS.
    musteni wrote: »
    I think you would need to play that sim to add the sweater to their closet and then change their outfit in CAS.

That's what I think is the case as well, in which case I will just sell it on Plopsy. I'm going to give this thread a day first though, to see if anyone says otherwise.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    That sweater is supposed to be bad luck for your sims relationship with the sim you gift it to. Or something like that.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    That sweater is supposed to be bad luck for your sims relationship with the sim you gift it to. Or something like that.

It's just bad relationship luck (actually a curse) for the person you gift it to, not for the sim doing the gifting, and it's not a gaurantee the curse will happen. There's two other moodlets they might get instead. You also can't knit one without the "Sacred Knitting Knowledge" trait from the knitting aspiration and that gives the ability to cure that curse.

So really, there's no downside. You either want the person to be cursed, or you don't and you cure it if they are cursed after receiving the sweater.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so automatically give all my sims the Knitting Aspiration to prevent the Forbidden Sweater Curse.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Wait, I thought the Sweater Curse and the Forbidden Sweater were two different things? The Sweater Curse is when your sim's relationship goes bad if you gift a sweater to a romantic interest (when you're not married). The Forbidden Sweater is that wonderfully ugly thing.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Is your sim gives it to their partner does their partner break up with them
    edited January 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Wait, I thought the Sweater Curse and the Forbidden Sweater were two different things? The Sweater Curse is when your sim's relationship goes bad if you gift a sweater to a romantic interest (when you're not married). The Forbidden Sweater is that wonderfully ugly thing.

It's so ugly. But yah, I've read in other places that the sweater curse can happen from any knitted sweater, if you gift it by clicking the sweater in inventory. But not if you give it as a gift through the social menus. I saw in another few places that just associated the curse with the Forbidden Sweater. I honestly have no idea which is accurate. I did gift over a dozen sweaters before i finished the aspiration and actually found out about the curse though, and no one got cursed.
    Maybe I just got lucky. My Sim is also married to her SO so maybe you're right about the fact that not being married is a factor. Honestly, a lot of contradicting info on the internet about that curse (of which I read none until after I finished the aspiration and googled it to see WTH the aspiration reward was talking about).
    EdithV wrote: »

sim3-4-nifty-knitting-sweater-curse.png
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It's so ugly. But yah, I've read in other places that the sweater curse can happen from any knitted sweater, if you gift it by clicking the sweater in inventory. But not if you give it as a gift through the social menus. I saw in another few places that just associated the curse with the Forbidden Sweater. I honestly have no idea which is accurate. I did gift over a dozen sweaters before i finished the aspiration and actually found out about the curse though, and no one got cursed.
    Maybe I just got lucky. My Sim is also married to her SO so maybe you're right about the fact that not being married is a factor. Honestly, a lot of contradicting info on the internet about that curse (of which I read none until after I finished the aspiration and googled it to see WTH the aspiration reward was talking about).
    EdithV wrote: »

sim3-4-nifty-knitting-sweater-curse.png

Thank you!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    So, maybe you should have your Sim throw an Ugly Sweater Party with contestants and all. Wish we had such an Event. That could be fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/