Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack #11 speculation

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh, man, I loved Sims 2’s attraction thing. (I think it was Sims 2?) I remembered setting sims’ physical attraction preferences, like preferring sims with brown or blonde hair, etc. That was pretty cool to set some types of preferences and then see how it goes… :) Would love to see a variation of that kind of system again.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    TheSims just posted this on Twitter. We don't have crushes in the game. I think it's an obvious hint.

Maybe there's a hint in the number of traits? Could they finally be giving us more than 3? :o

Maybe 108 refers to 108 different romantic preferences that your sims might get..
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    TheSims just posted this on Twitter. We don't have crushes in the game. I think it's an obvious hint.

Maybe there's a hint in the number of traits? Could they finally be giving us more than 3? :o

Maybe 108 refers to 108 different romantic preferences that your sims might get..

108 ways to stalk your crush more likely. That's obsessive behaviour.

Ooh! That’d be a nice addition! 🙂👍
    (She/her)
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Maybe 108th means 18th? That they will show us something on the 18th and then it will release the following Tuesday?
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

Okay, but if this is a hint about getting actual crushes in game (attraction system + new relationship or sentiment type??? 👀) then I'm going to be very excited.

While I'd absolutely love if there are 108 different romantic preferences our sims could get, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Maybe (if indeed we are getting an attraction system) it's hinting at there will be 108 combinations of traits + attributes that can be made from whatever they give us. (ie between hair color + eye color + whatever else they give us to pick from.) I definitely feel 108 has to be significant somehow

Either way if this is an actual romance pack like it's looking to be instead of my DHD 2.0, I may actually get a bit excited for it
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    108... It was a significant number in the show Lost... I want to say it's also significant in Buddhism, but I'm not sure about that. If so, it could be a hint to the world inspiration.

Or it could just be the number of combinations of something.

Okay, but if this is a hint about getting actual crushes in game (attraction system + new relationship or sentiment type??? 👀) then I'm going to be very excited.

While I'd absolutely love if there are 108 different romantic preferences our sims could get, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Maybe (if indeed we are getting an attraction system) it's hinting at there will be 108 combinations of traits + attributes that can be made from whatever they give us. (ie between hair color + eye color + whatever else they give us to pick from.) I definitely feel 108 has to be significant somehow

Either way if this is an actual romance pack like it's looking to be instead of my DHD 2.0, I may actually get a bit excited for it
    Yeah, as much as I want 108 preferences, I do think you are probably closer to the realistic mark with the thinking that it could just be different combinations. That feels more in line with what we've seen in the past. I doubt they would put 100+ of anything like that in one single pack, especially a smaller game pack vs an expansion. Unless the 108 is just a combo that includes the past traits or something....

Thinking more on it, I think it's just using different combinations of all of the traits in the game (throughout the base game through all of the packs) to create more sims in CAS, and that's pretty much it, and we're reading too much into it, lol. :sweat_smile:

I am still hoping for an attraction system or enhancements to romance. :smile: I would love weddings, too, but it would have to have something wedding-gamplay or wedding system-related to be considered a gamepack. (I am really curious if they did a wedding planner. I have not tried out the interior design career just yet, so I wouldn't know how if it would be something similar or not, if they did include a wedding planner aspect.)
    (She/her)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    108... It was a significant number in the show Lost... I want to say it's also significant in Buddhism, but I'm not sure about that. If so, it could be a hint to the world inspiration.

Or it could just be the number of combinations of something.

Yeah, it's significant in a number of spiritual traditions and many other things in arts and culture. Possibly related in context could be the fact that Penelope, wife of Odysseus, had 108 suitors while he was away. Or maybe the fact that there were 108 love sonnets in Sir Philip Sidney's Astrophil and Stella.I wouldn't be surprised if there were other references along those lines.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    What I think we can fairly safely assume/hope of in this pack is an attraction system based on the likes/dislikes that were introduced last year. It makes sense to use that for more than just what music you like. I also think we can expect more neighbourhood stories and match making abilities as that was hinted at its release. Play match maker perhaps?

The ad also clearly references weddings specifically - so I think we can expect new forms of weddings, possibly more international ones, or just more types of weddings. Just more wedding themed bb/cas would be too little for a game pack, so some type of wedding planning (dress code, choose the cake, different themes...). A wedding planner career as many has speculated wouldn't surprise me, and I wouldn't mind it, but I hope there is more to the pack than that.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect an online dating system.

However, I doubt there will be a new world or hotels, as much as I would love it. Wedding venues are more likely, but I suppose we'll see.

Now, what I am hoping for are many of the things mentioned here already:
    • Couples dancing
    • Holding hands when walking
    • Talking while walking
    • Cuddling in bed
    • Talking while relaxing next to each other
    • Pillow talk after woohoo
    • More events around weddings (hen- & stag-nights, engagement party, honeymoon, anniversaries)
    • More romantic interactions
    • One sided crushes (not hoping too much on this one, as I think it would be too big of a game changer, but I am hoping)
    • In-laws and more options on the family tree and creating relationships in cas

Just to mention a few things.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    JAL wrote: »
    What I think we can fairly safely assume/hope of in this pack is an attraction system based on the likes/dislikes that were introduced last year. It makes sense to use that for more than just what music you like. I also think we can expect more neighbourhood stories and match making abilities as that was hinted at its release. Play match maker perhaps?

The ad also clearly references weddings specifically - so I think we can expect new forms of weddings, possibly more international ones, or just more types of weddings. Just more wedding themed bb/cas would be too little for a game pack, so some type of wedding planning (dress code, choose the cake, different themes...). A wedding planner career as many has speculated wouldn't surprise me, and I wouldn't mind it, but I hope there is more to the pack than that.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect an online dating system.

However, I doubt there will be a new world or hotels, as much as I would love it. Wedding venues are more likely, but I suppose we'll see.

Now, what I am hoping for are many of the things mentioned here already:
    • Couples dancing
    • Holding hands when walking
    • Talking while walking
    • Cuddling in bed
    • Talking while relaxing next to each other
    • Pillow talk after woohoo
    • More events around weddings (hen- & stag-nights, engagement party, honeymoon, anniversaries)
    • More romantic interactions
    • One sided crushes (not hoping too much on this one, as I think it would be too big of a game changer, but I am hoping)
    • In-laws and more options on the family tree and creating relationships in cas

Just to mention a few things.

Gah, I want all of these kinds of interactions! :o We need more sim-sim interactions (that are not tied to objects) and systems! :smiley: We need more romance gameplay (and, later, more Generations play)!
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't think it means making a sim with a crush. It means you (the player) are recreating your real-world crush in CAS, y'know. CASing up the person of your dreams.

This tweet is supposed to be related to the upcoming celebrate love pack. Don't know what kind of gameplay it will bring if it will require for simmers to create their real life crushes in game. 🤣

It's referring to a "hypothetical" attraction system.

Which 3 traits are needed for this sim to qualify as a "crush" i.e. someone you're attracted to.
    I guess?

Yes that's what I think as well.
    I hope this really means literal crushes. Now that's something I'd be totally interesting in. I don't play too much all out romance but crushes would be so cute! Also interested in any new traits. Hopefully interesting ones.

It could also mean we'll have the option to create boy/girlfriends in CAS.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Will they add gender preferences? :)
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »

Twitter keyboard warriors would throw a fit.
    I hope they revamp the renew wedding vows and add a moodlet and make it to where the cake works when you renew vows.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

Really, what's their issue with preferences?
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

They think it‘s homophobic even though many homosexual simmers want an attraction system too. LittleMsSam was attacked for having an optional ~opposite gender only~ addon for her First Love Mod. She ended up removing it. Twitter wokesters are so annoying.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

They think it‘s 🐲🐲🐲🐲 even though many homosexual simmers want an attraction system too. LittleMsSam was attacked for having an optional ~opposite gender only~ addon for her First Love Mod. She ended up removing it. Twitter wokesters are so annoying.

But....I don't really get it. An optional addon?

This kinda wokey pokey stuff violently blows my mind over and over and over and over again...
    It's like a tripple brainfreeze backwards.

And to think this was me by the end of 2021:

9cf5b23ea9d5e48b05f75c259033d7b6.jpg

I can't imagine what I'd look like by the end of ...I dunno... January??!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    not going to speculate will only say will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

They think it‘s 🐲🐲🐲🐲 even though many homosexual simmers want an attraction system too. LittleMsSam was attacked for having an optional ~opposite gender only~ addon for her First Love Mod. She ended up removing it. Twitter wokesters are so annoying.

Thanks for the info. :|

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Here's my idea about the 108 number:
    108 AD Roman/Greek Mythology Romance with Cupid & Aphrodite <3<3

Yeah I know, I let my imagination go wild again Lol :p
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member

While I find it ridiculous to get upset by something optional (just opt out), perhaps there are better ways to add preferences that wouldn't get the same reactions. Adding a scale perhaps, or an option to choose both (or if you do not choose at all it's automatically both). An option for neither would also be good, representing those who are asexual and/or aromantic.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Maybe 108th means 18th? That they will show us something on the 18th and then it will release the following Tuesday?

I agree, I think that's what it means.. Trailer on the 18th, patch on the 27th, GP release on February 1st? The GP was mentioned before the Kit in the roadmap after all.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.