Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Things That Can Go Wrong (Or Just Go Weird) In Each Pack

So just tonight, I discovered that hidden in Island Living there are ways to turn your lot into a wasteland of ongoing lava meteors and lightning strikes. Did not know that. Thought the pack was all beachy calm and cute mermaids and swimming, even after trying the pack when it was on free trial.

Then I also discovered that Nifty Knitting comes with a cursed sweater. (Thanks @Stormkeep )
qthc9wo970u2.jpg

I don't know about you, but for me, learning about the amazing things that can go wrong is really fun and interesting. Especially for the packs I don't have.

Please share your favorite things that can go wrong, or just the really weird stuff, from your favorite packs!

Obviously there will be spoilers in this thread so you know don't read it if you don't want spoilers

Mine (from packs I actually own):
-Eco-- Suspicious Fizz can be made on the fizzy juice machine. I got it by using beetle nuggets as an ingredient. One Suspicious Fizz makes you dazed, a second one makes you pass out on the floor.
-Get To Work-- Alien abduction pregnancies, not a surprise to anyone I'm sure, but I just had my first one after many months of wishing, and it's an amazing wonderful disaster in this family's lives (and happened to just the rightest/wrongest family)

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    From Realm of Magic, the only time I've had a spellcaster be cursed was one of my earliest ones. He got the Nightwraith curse from botching a potion he was trying to brew, and at first I just thought the description was a bit interesting, maybe slightly amusing, but not much else. But that night... :fearful: I the player found the actual result of the curse surprisingly creepy. And delightful.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If you collect all the right parts, those relics in Jungle Adventures can do some powerful things...
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @VeeDub Spellcaster curses are great!
    @invisiblgirl Ooo I don't have Jungle Adventure but I think I have heard about some of those events

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Well, it's not so much wrong for my sim, but with GTW I recently learned that the satellite that can prevent alien abductions also allows you to mess with everyone walking through the neighborhood at the time. Such as make them all pass out or have bladder failure. On top of the mind control options on the sim ray, the scientist career is wilder than I expected!

I also love that in Seasons you can prank the grand meal, either making everyone sick or making it spicy so they breathe fire.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I tend to avoid the bad things unless it fits a sim/family. So I will be watching this thread with interest!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    When I made my first spa with spa day i was so looking forward to relaxing afternoon for my grandma sim but because it was winter in my game at the time it instantly turned into endless death loop as sims cued outside to meditate :sweat_smile:

in one way hilarious because my grandma sim kept meditating peacefully next to them like "u peasants can't reach my level of inner peace"

but also hilarious because I was immediately reminded of like every poirot and marple goes on holiday episode where people just be dying under mysterious circumstances everywhere they go
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    @Daephene Nice! There are some real "mad scientist" possibilities there.
    @Simmingal that is amazing-- grandma sim WILL relax regardless of the surrounding events