Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Labels on CAS items

I know builders outnumber CAS creators 10 to one (as per my guesstimation), but I was hoping that you guys add labels or names for the CAS items considering you've been adding kits centering around Create-A-Sim. You've always had them in build mode, with their interesting and quirky names. How about the shirts, the pants, accessories, and the hats? They don't have to be interesting, just informative. This would honestly make it easier for us to make new sets and not mistake a very dark pair of jeans for a 'Slick Black Pants' (believe me, I sometimes have my sim wear jeans on their Formal wear... and a tux). And even if we can filter categories, it would also help us just by looking at their names and preview image than having to click extra buttons. There's not even a search bar as well, 'cause there are no names to search.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2022
    There is a Jean category when you go into CAS and is in the bottoms section, and to further refine that you can go into colors. And I believe there is also a texture category too in which to refine your search. I use the color category a lot for shoes.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    I was just thinking this yesterday. Especially with the cultural items such as the new hanbok. It would be awesome if these clothing items had labels/descriptions. I was making a Japanese sim yesterday and wanted to know if a particular item might be Chinese or Japanese in origin. A label in cases like these would be super useful.

A search feature like the one in cas would be great too!! The categories are great but some clothing items are not in the categories I would place them (such as blouses vs t shirts) and some items can not be found at all in any categories, making scrolling through every piece the only option.
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    Lecca wrote: »
    I was just thinking this yesterday. Especially with the cultural items such as the new hanbok. It would be awesome if these clothing items had labels/descriptions. I was making a Japanese sim yesterday and wanted to know if a particular item might be Chinese or Japanese in origin. A label in cases like these would be super useful.
    Oh, yes. That's also one. It would be weird or off-putting if you didn't know that your sim was wearing something part of a culture alongside something casual or not culture-oriented in a way.
    Lecca wrote: »
    A search feature like the one in cas would be great too!! The categories are great but some clothing items are not in the categories I would place them (such as blouses vs t shirts) and some items can not be found at all in any categories, making scrolling through every piece the only option.
    This! I CANNOT find the clothes I'm looking for just by filtering through what type of bottom, or what type of torso/top. I was thinking about the name of the CAS items to appear when you hover your mouse on that item, so it wouldn't invade the space where the color swatches are, or not crop the preview image when appearing at the top part.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    There is a Jean category when you go into CAS and is in the bottoms section, and to further refine that you can go into colors. And I believe there is also a texture category too in which to refine your search. I use the color category a lot for shoes.
    That's what I was referring to in my main post, but navigating through the filters is already tedious for some of us, so a search bar would be nice. And of course, names for the CAS items for us to search them, once we get used to their names and such. For me, I almost don't use the filter bar at all, not even pressing the dropdown for it.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah I like to be accurate in my game so I like to know where certain cultural pieces, whether it's cas or food, comes from. When I'm making restaurants I find myself googling food I'm not sure about 😅. There is some Latin American dishes that describe where they came from but I kinda would want a description for all of them.

For cas it's a lot harder because they don't have names like food does so ur not even able to search it up.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    @kaiwrysims Yes, I completely agree with you on that, kaiwry. On that note, does your mouth water just by searching the delicious cuisines? :lol:
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kaiwrysims Yes, I completely agree with you on that, kaiwry. On that note, does your mouth water just by searching the delicious cuisines? :lol:

Yes some look really good lol I think that's why I love making restaurants lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I also want the ability to filter CAS items that are in the intersection of several categories, i.e: hot weather pijama trousers, cold weather party dress, etc. As it is right now, selecting hot weather and sleepwear shows all hot weather and all sleepwear.
    Happy simming!