Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Carnival Streetwear Leaked

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Wouldn't Carnaval be the perfect night for werewolves to make their first appearance? just sayin

gen3-banner.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    OMG 😱 YAY 😀 🎉 colors are back! Bright gorgeous fun colors! I was getting so tired of neutrals and earth tones. These clothes look like fun!! I’m so excited!!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I can always find a way to use new content. My twin girls will be aging up to teen soon and I think I'll throw a carnival party. I'll have to visit all the relatives' households and change their party outfits.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    For all who like club wear this kit might be ok. But this is defenetly neither south american nor european carneval. When I search for carnaval streetwear the results are quite different.

It’s giving me pride, like the street parades more than anything. South America is known for its lgbtq scene? But I guess they already did a pride patch, and we know how some people like to complain about minorities receiving too much attention 🙄

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    For all who like club wear this kit might be ok. But this is defenetly neither south american nor european carneval. When I search for carnaval streetwear the results are quite different.

It’s giving me pride, like the street parades more than anything. South America is known for its lgbtq scene? But I guess they already did a pride patch, and we know how some people like to complain about minorities receiving too much attention 🙄

They said that the blond sim in the picture is some Brazilian drag artist. I think the sim dressed in pink is also in drag. Personally, I think the clothes are a bit average for a drag artist, I always thought they dressed in with a bit more glamour.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    holding judgement on the pack until i buy it so will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    ddd994 wrote: »

They said that the blond sim in the picture is some Brazilian drag artist. I think the sim dressed in pink is also in drag. Personally, I think the clothes are a bit average for a drag artist, I always thought they dressed in with a bit more glamour.

A drag queen pck would be amazing! They have the best wigs, make up and glam outfits that would all make great additions to CAS! But it would have to be a stuff pack so it comes with actual gameplay related to drag artists too. Like I dunno, they take like 3 hours to get into drag, social interactions like reading or complain about tuck lol

Either way this pack is not giving me drag queen.. defo more of a queer pedestrian vibe, like the gay scene for sure

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm so glad kits haven't replaced or affected the output of GPs or EPs. /sarcasm/

I came very close to choking on my morning tea when I read your post. :D And I couldn't agree with your sentiments more. My gosh, these kits are all over the map when it comes to content. So random and off-the-wall I know for a fact I would never use any of it. How much more of this do we have to look forward to? I'm happy to see there are folks who enjoy this kind of content, but hasn't it been a while since we had something that actually contributes to gameplay rather than just aesthetics? I enjoy dressing my Sims in attire that suits their personalities, and I have a ton of CC I use to accomplish that. I even have outfits that are very close to what I see in the leaked screenshot in my collection. I'll buy a kit when that kit adds some new gameplay content. I'm so over this waiting for new gameplay content to come along I may faint if it ever happens. :p
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022

I think it's just a confusing title. Carnival inspired streetwear (which this pack is), and street carnival clothing are very different. Streetwear is urban casual clothing, street carnival clothing is all the feathers and colourful stuff that people walking in a carnival street parade would wear. Basically the items in this kit are inspired by people going to carnival parties, not the actual carnival performers
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I think it's just a confusing title. Carnival inspired streetwear (which this pack is), and street carnival clothing are very different. Streetwear is urban casual clothing, street carnival clothing is all the feathers and colourful stuff that people walking in a carnival street parade would wear. Basically the items in this kit are inspired by people going to carnival parties, not the actual carnival performers

I don't find it confusing because I knew that streetwear is casual clothing you will see people wear on the street (usually in urban areas). But I can see the confusion if someone doesn't know that the term "streetwear" refers to something specific. Idk how else they could name this pack without it being a long unappealing name.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Well, I was hoping for some actual carnival/Mardi Gras/masquerade type costumes that could be used to create some fantasy wardrobes, but this looks more like club wear. I guess it’s another pass from me. I like the idea of these kits, but so far the execution has been a miss.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping for some actual carnival/Mardi Gras/masquerade type costumes that could be used to create some fantasy wardrobes, but this looks more like club wear. I guess it’s another pass from me. I like the idea of these kits, but so far the execution has been a miss.

I'm hoping we get something like that too but also with some sort of performer career or smth gameplay wise that those costumes can be used for
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Wouldn't Carnaval be the perfect night for werewolves to make their first appearance? just sayin

True. They’d never suspect this savage looking guy. Plus his streetwear is way cooler. 😋

A85-F2-D03-29-BB-4-D39-93-C4-09-D051-BBE807.jpg

Look at the little red claws at his feet. Danger danger. 🤣

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Pretty Female outfits but where's the new pack?
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I can’t lie I like all the CAS kits (still want less of them ). I will definitely be getting this. I’ve needed some new party/club outfits for my sims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited January 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Pretty Female outfits but where's the new pack?

Now, also remember the roadmap states that there will be - not one - but TWO vibrant kits celebrating fierce designs.
    In that case I hope that the next kit will be Maraca Menswear Kit. Maracas crossed.

This guy doesn’t have any maracas but he’s got an evil grin.

47-C0-B876-84-AF-494-B-80-DF-4-BAE89-C89-F9-B.jpg

This guy has two red maracas.

3215-D5-D3-C355-433-B-811-F-A04742-D8-CE8-F.jpg

This guy is tricking you with his manly gaze, making you believe he’s shaking only one yellow maraca but actually he’s shaking two yellow maracas.

FE749-F83-2-F34-41-DD-8357-9-A18-E7-C29982.jpg

This guy…

B0-B6-E98-D-6-A25-42-C7-9441-A7-D247657969.jpg

And this guy belongs in Carnaval Streetwear Kit.

9-C1-FE0-B3-4-ADA-4-C98-8136-80-E36-EB0118-F.jpg

I think I need above outfit in my game but I also very much need this in really real life.
  • feloo7feloo7 Posts: 27 Member
    Well, that's it. Im done with the Sims. If this is the direction EA/Maxis is going, I will not allow a single additional cent to support it any longer. I thought the menswear thing was a fluke; now this..... Goodbye and good riddance!
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    I think it was a joke guys. This all looks so... ungodly.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2022
    The new kit was leaked
    ncNKE7K.png
    Coming February 3rd
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Admittedly, I never even heard of Carnaval before and literally thought a Carnival was just like fair of sorts with rides like Ferris Wheels, dunk tanks, and games where you can win those big stuffed animals and have cotton candy and all sorts of different types of foods. :joy: So I have no opinion in regards to how accurate the fashions shown in the leaked screenshot are, but there are a few nice items there I can see myself using.

I like the white skirt with the laced up sides and pink zebra skirt with the chain belt in particular, but hoping it's available/looks okay on female framed Sims too since they're only showing them on the male frames. That, along with what other color options there are would probably make or break it for me honestly.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »
    The new kit was leaked
    ncNKE7K.png
    Coming February 3rd

I look at this picture and that sim at the back dressed in the purple dressing gown doesn't even look like it made an effort to dress for the carnival. It looks like she was brushing her teeth preparing to go to bed when she was disturbed by the music playing in the street and came outside to complain about the noise. :lol:
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I'm really liking that skirt as it's more on the risky side. Don't have a lot of outfits like that in the game, so I'm actually liking it hope the other items in the pack is good. The other ones were pretty simple and basic this looks a lot more fun.

Also, when is there gonna be a gameplay kit again? Ftttt.Hope this will be the last clothing related kit for now (less they make a better men's one).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    You gotta wonder though, if the clothing kits are maybe selling really, really well. A lot of us here on the forums might want more gameplay kits, but that isn't necessarily reflective of how the market as a whole is responding to them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods