March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Carnival Streetwear Leaked

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I was hoping the game pack would be released before the kits.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I guess this is going to be club wear because we sure don't have any carnivals. I like all the new sequin dresses and tops.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    For all who like club wear this kit might be ok. But this is defenetly neither south american nor european carneval. When I search for carnaval streetwear the results are quite different.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    For all who like club wear this kit might be ok. But this is defenetly neither south american nor european carneval. When I search for carnaval streetwear the results are quite different.

How exactly are you doing your search? When I search for it i find images on the very first page of google image search that match pretty much every outfit in the promo image for the kit.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    The coloured houses in the background look very Brazilian to me. Check pictures of Salvador de Bahia.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    It gives me Brazil vibes for sure. This is Carnival Streetwear, that's why the feathers and so aren't there 😊

Yes…the feathery Rio parades…they’re on the street..no? Not in the sky.
    That’s what those carnival folks wear on the streets. I’d call that streetwear..😜

😂😂 they're mostly in the Sambodromo. I personally like much more the streets in those days 😃🎉🎉😃😃
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2022
    I mean I had no real expectations but I imagined carnival to be a little more...

*tries to find a way to look like peafowl and phantom of the opera simultaneously*

i suppose I've mistaken the dresscode for the party and I should perhaps go slip into something more comfy huh.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Melisendre wrote: »

How exactly are you doing your search? When I search for it i find images on the very first page of google image search that match pretty much every outfit in the promo image for the kit.

I type carnaval streetwear and select images. There are a few clothes like in the kit but most are different kinds of costumes and masks from all over the world. Do not just watch the first images. Just scroll down and watch them all.
    You could also call this kit party streetwear. For a carnaval kit I would expect more costumes, masks, make up, hairs, etc.
    It doesn't bother me. I don't buy kits. I'm just surprised why they call it carnaval kit.
    Or maybe they should call it brazil carnaval streetwear. I'm from germany and carneval is in winter. Wearing clothes like this outside would be very unhealthy. ;)
    Post edited by Melisendre on
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i suppose I've mistaken the dresscode for the party and I should perhaps go slip into something more comfy huh.

That comment made me :lol: out loud, for real. I guess the difference is between "streetwear" and "full blown parade costumes". Personally, I too am hoping the kit actually does include a couple of the latter and they just aren't shown in that promo image.

I won't be buying it if it's all just like what the promo image shows. Not because I don't like that too, but because I already have CC that looks pretty much identical to most of it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I prefer boring and bland.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    This is one kit I may consider getting once I see more of it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love the bright colors, but everything is cropped and skimpy again.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter that the sim in the middle is a Brazilian drag queen. I'm not sure if that's what this kit is inspired by but I saw some other Brazilians being upset by this kit because they don't want Brazilian culture in a kit

I thought the same, definitely Pabllo Vittar. He was in a sims ad campaign in 2020 so it makes sense
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    As for the kit... Meh. The 500th pack with out there brightly colored fashion, none of which will be useful other than for very specific instances
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    It won't appeal to all Simmers. Same as all the previous kits. But EA is hoping it will appeal to some.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes, color!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Not bad, but I think I'll pass. Yet I'm waiting for to see all the clothes in the kit :smile:
    QJgoJIP.png
    I'd buy it if the flamingogo dancer outfit was in it, but I honestly know it won't be :sweat_smile: There might be something similar though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    Not bad, but I think I'll pass. Yet I'm waiting for to see all the clothes in the kit :smile:
    QJgoJIP.png
    I'd buy it if the flamingogo dancer outfit was in it, but I honestly know it won't be :sweat_smile: There might be something similar though.

That would be lovely but it doesn't look like they included actual carnival outfits.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

Meh. I will wait and see what the kit contains. It's not very interesting to me, so far.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Can we get carnivals and theme parks now please lol. PLEASE MAXIS I'M DESPERATE.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I prefer boring and bland.
    This looks boring and more of the same ugly color choices we always get.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"