Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have they fixed the bust the dust kit ?

It seams like The only kit I’m interested in but heard it’s very buggy have they fixed the issues is it worth getting ?

Thank you in advance

Happy simming

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    In my experience, yes. The dust doesn't accumulate constantly like it did before. It takes a few days in between each cleaning.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member

Thank you Lustianicia

Happy simming
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m very happy with this kit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Okay, so I'm going to turn the kit on, again, to see how dirty the house gets in one day. Before, all my sims did was vaccum the stupid dust bunnies! So on the above testimonials, I will try again. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2022
    I still wouldn't use it in an unmodded game. I personally find the floor sparkling and constant sniffing extremely annoying.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I still wouldn't use it in an unmodded game. I personally find the floor sparkling and constant sniffing extremely annoying.

I don't notice the sparkles that much really, but the sniffing really does get on ones nerves. I guess a mod will have to be kept forever as I cannot see EA doing anything about it.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I don't notice the sparkles that much really, but the sniffing really does get on ones nerves. I guess a mod will have to be kept forever as I cannot see EA doing anything about it.

Those two reasons is why I had to disable mine, luckily the vacuums still work, but I don't get the moodlets unfortunately and the cute dust bunnies are gone. I turn it on once in a while when I want to play with a dust bunny, but I really can't handle the floor sniffing and sparkling for too long. Is there a mod for that?
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Oh thank you /83bienchen mmm maybe I’ll hold off for a bit then coz that would really annoy me it’s bad enough when I still have invited sim guests and they constantly bake cakes bug that was meant to be fixed and the toddler walk bug
    Oh well I hope they fix that issue

Thank you everyone for your advice

Happy simming
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Elliandre:

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/645106279180877824/bust-the-dust-overhaul-download-google-drive/amp
    (I use this to disable the sparkles)

https://simularity.cc/mods/tuning/stop-sniffing
    (This disables the sniffing completely, though I believe there's also a similar mod by Zero)

@elanorbreton: Yep, I'm afraid someone at EA has a strange obsession for intrusive idles (and situation outfits). I use several mods to cut down on those.
    Wish they'd put their time and effort into programming something else.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I haven't had any problems with it since it was fixed and I don't use any mods.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Elliandre:

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/645106279180877824/bust-the-dust-overhaul-download-google-drive/amp
    (I use this to disable the sparkles)

https://simularity.cc/mods/tuning/stop-sniffing
    (This disables the sniffing completely, though I believe there's also a similar mod by Zero)

@elanorbreton: Yep, I'm afraid someone at EA has a strange obsession for intrusive idles (and situation outfits). I use several mods to cut down on those.
    Wish they'd put their time and effort into programming something else.

Oh I see the sniffing animation is not actually a bug but part of the gameplay, they do it when they enter a clean or semi clean room. My Sim's houses are kept sparkling clean so yeah they do this all the time in my game, it's very distracting and frustrating. Thank you so much for this mod because I really love the vacuuming and dust bunnies. I will try it. :smiley::heart:
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'd buy the pack if they had a Roomba™ in it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    We already have a Roomba. I think it came in Cats and Dogs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    sparkles is the reason i never got around to dust kit i just don't think i could deal with constant sparkle and im too clean freak to also not make my sims clean everything up all the time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'd buy the pack if they had a Roomba™ in it.
    g01denswan wrote: »
    We already have a Roomba. I think it came in Cats and Dogs.

We have 2 (low and high end) and, yes, they did. They clean up pet hair and cats can ride on them.
    edited January 2022
    Do they work for the dust from this kit too?

I've had the Cats and Dogs pack since it came out and never noticed I could get a Roomba™ in all that time. But if they also work on dust, I might end up getting this Kit after all....it's what I looked for when deciding to buy it or not, when I was looking at the Origin store page for it.

Simmingal wrote: »
    ....im too clean freak to also not make my sims clean everything up all the time
    Same here, I'm obsessive about it (irl too). That's why I would want a Roomba™, so my sims didn't have to do all that extra work.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Do they work for the dust from this kit too?

I've had the Cats and Dogs pack since it came out and never noticed I could get a Roomba™ in all that time. But if they also work on dust, I might end up getting this Kit after all....it's what I looked for when deciding to buy it or not, when I was looking at the Origin store page for it.

Yes, they work on dust too. Search for "Robot Vacuum" - Roomba is trademarked.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Yes, they work on dust too. Search for "Robot Vacuum" - Roomba is trademarked.

Thank you!
    I knew about the trademark, it's why I keep putting the "tm" after the name every time I type it. Must respect their trademark. :lol:

I might be getting another kit this week...have to think about it.
  • megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    Thank you for posting the Stop Sniffing mod. This has been driving me crazy recently! It takes up so much time but love the kit. Not had any issues with it since the patch either.
    This thread convinced me to buy this pack, especially after I was clued into the robotic vacuums. I bought it late yesterday and after a few hours of playing with it, gotta say, I love it. Still can't believe I paid money just to have dust in my game....but I love it.

Thank you to the folks here who answered the OP's questions, who answered my questions, and who gave some info on mods that remove little annoyances from the pack!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I got it just after the patch for it was released, as it turned out. I was a day late in making my purchase but was and still am excited by this Kit. My YAs even brought a vacuum cleaner to the Dorm with them while they were at Uni. Every weekend the floors were vacuumed. Too bad the one roomie was rather mean with her Nasty Notes and didn't fully appreciate the fact my Rock Star helped keep the place clean and in good repair. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I got it just after the patch for it was released, as it turned out. I was a day late in making my purchase but was and still am excited by this Kit. My YAs even brought a vacuum cleaner to the Dorm with them while they were at Uni. Every weekend the floors were vacuumed. Too bad the one roomie was rather mean with her Nasty Notes and didn't fully appreciate the fact my Rock Star helped keep the place clean and in good repair. :open_mouth:

I'm getting ready to send my first Sim to University EVER in my current game. She's got 6 days left until she becomes a YA. And I was planning on doing the same thing; sending her with a vacuum cleaner. :lol:

I am surprised how much I'm enjoy this kit. I originally declined to purchase it because I didn't see a Roomba™ in the store page listing for it, and completely forgot that Cats & Dogs had them (if i ever even knew). Now that I do have it, after a few days of playing with it I actually turned off the robotic vacuum in favor of having my sims do it with a regular vacuum. I really, really love this kit . Surprisingly.

Makes me hopeful for future kits that add gameplay elements.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised...no bunnies after 3 sim days. So the verdict is, leave it on and enjoy the vacuuming, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The sniffing doesn’t really bother me. I’ve been happily using this kit since it first came out, without any mods.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    I bought it last week and it was still buggy. After vacuuming my sim would t-pose and the dust would all reappear. I had to vacuum two or three times for it to work. And there were dust bunnies every time, right at the start. After installing BM mod it started to get better, or maybe they hotfix their game sometimes? It's better now, no more dust bunnies, less t-poses, and less vacuuming is necessary. But it's not perfect yet. Still is a great kit, I love watching them clean.