Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Carnival Streetwear Leaked

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

@Alumia_Italia, a reliable source who reported first on the leak for The Sims 4 Blooming Rooms Kit is back with another leak from the Microsoft Store.

According to the source the Carnival Streetwear Kit is releasing on February 3rd, 2022.

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    OMG! I love this!!
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    How exciting!! Can’t wait to see what’s included!!
    Are those new nails she has on?? Or are those in the spa day refresh??
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited January 2022
    Carnival is a worldwide party packed with cultural traditions. Though held in various parts of the world, the spirit of Carnival, or Carnaval in Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries, remains the same.

https://www.oprahdaily.com/life/a35226738/what-is-carnival/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Omg!!!!! Yessssssss finallllly!!!
    So excited for this one. I really wanted some more clothes like this! And carnivals are pretty cool too!!
    Still waiting to see everything item though...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I have no clue what Sims I'd use this on in my game, but I want it. I was expecting this kit to be the second one, as Chinese New Year is at the end of this month/start of February, and this one would then release closer to Fat Tuesday/Mardi-Gras proper.

But I'm not protesting this at all.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    It might be inspired by carribean streetwear because that mesh shirt (without the Bandeau under it and usually it's in the shape of tank top) is something a typical jamaican uncle would wear lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I have no clue what Sims I'd use this on in my game, but I want it. I was expecting this kit to be the second one, as Chinese New Year is at the end of this month/start of February, and this one would then release closer to Fat Tuesday/Mardi-Gras proper.

But I'm not protesting this at all.

Yeah same I thought a Chinese new year kit was gonna come first.
    I really like the white skirt with the cut outs. The top is cute too.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Now this looks like HOT male stuff! A dream come true!!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    One a side note - that picture has a spectacular background. Is this one completely built lot?
    I saw on Twitter that the sim in the middle is a Brazilian drag queen. I'm not sure if that's what this kit is inspired by but I saw some other Brazilians being upset by this kit because they don't want Brazilian culture in a kit
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    ehr....

That looks a bit modest for Carnival no? Where are all the feathery outfits? And the masks? And the beads? And the floats? And the samba shakers?

Look…I shall patiently wait for more info...but….you know….(*completely and utterly uninterested).

I’m happy to see this kind of excitement though! 😁
    Perhaps it’s not occult enough for me….but…yes…yes.. I will patiently wait for more info…

Hahaha, I was thinking along the same lines. I mean... the people in that picture could be any of my Selvadorada residents on a normal Saturday night. :lol: But yes, I'll also wait for actual news before I make a real judgement.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Oooh, interesting! 😀
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter that the sim in the middle is a Brazilian drag queen.

I sent this to my friend telling her this was giving me drag queen vibes but I couldn’t tell if I’ve just been watching too much Drag Race :lol: that’s really cool!!

• matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    I saw on Twitter that the sim in the middle is a Brazilian drag queen. I'm not sure if that's what this kit is inspired by but I saw some other Brazilians being upset by this kit because they don't want Brazilian culture in a kit

The part about the drag queen is correct, is Pabllo Vittar
    Some people got upset because they think it's "too stereotypical" about Carnaval clothing, but as a Brazilian that knows Carnaval, I think it's very accurate
    I think some of these outfits would be perfect for @Nate_Whiplash1 sims. :p
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2022
    It gives me Brazil vibes for sure. This is Carnival Streetwear, that's why the feathers and so aren't there 😊
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Well it certainly has bright and vibrant colors for sure. I do hope there's some less flashy, normal everyday (aka: muted and boring) colors included too.

But either way, at least this kit actually has some things I know I'd use on my played sims, unlike the last kit. So I'll probably get this one.

Even tho, this doesn't scream carnival to me, it's more like Caribbean Nightlife. When I hear the word Carnival, I immediately think of stereotypical skimpy, feathery costumes with masks.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Maybe the second kit will be the costumes with masks and feathers?
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
    ehr....

That looks a bit modest for Carnival no? Where are all the feathery outfits? And the masks? And the beads? And the floats? And the samba shakers?

Look…I shall patiently wait for more info...but….you know….(*completely and utterly uninterested).

I’m happy to see this kind of excitement though! 😁
    Perhaps it’s not occult enough for me….but…yes…yes.. I will patiently wait for more info…

I don't think the feather outfits will be practical in the sims because they are pretty big and very detailed so I didn't really expect that they would be able to include that. And I'm not sure if they will include masks. I mean there was a mask on the road map but this could be based on Brazilian carnival so I don't know if they have masks in their carnival. If it's based on the caribbean they don't really have masks that look like mardi gras ones. Usually it's just the big feather outfits and headresses.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    It gives me Brazil vibes for sure. This is Carnival Streetwear, that's why the feathers and so aren't there 😊

Yes…the feathery Rio parades…they’re on the street..no? Not in the sky.
    That’s what those carnival folks wear on the streets. I’d call that streetwear..😜

I don't think the feather outfits will be practical in the sims because they are pretty big and very detailed so I didn't really expect that they would be able to include that. And I'm not sure if they will include masks. I mean there was a mask on the road map but this could be based on Brazilian carnival so I don't know if they have masks in their carnival. If it's based on the caribbean they don't really have masks that look like mardi gras ones. Usually it's just the big feather outfits and headresses.

But they’d look mighty impressive on my Paradise Bird Elven Queen. I don’t care about carnival. I just want feathery outfits for my spellcasting aliens. 😅