Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Family, Multiple Houses

Anyone ever wanted to purchase more than one house for a family? Maybe they're super rich and have a house in every world or vacation house they own in the holiday destinations. I tend to play with one family for ages and get bored of their house and I download so many amazing houses from the gallery I just want to be able to play in all of them? Anyone else like the idea of owning more than one property? (I know you can own retail lots etc but this is outside of that).

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'd love to be able to own more than one property. I also play with one family and usually resort to downloading a new house when I get tired of the current house. I also temporarily move out the matriarch when a new pack is released and design her home using the new objects.

ETA: My family does go on a lot of vacations though so they're able to experience different design environments that way.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wouldn't be compelled to buy that feature since we can have rental homes but I wouldn't mind an update for owning multiple homes. I can think of at least 2 wealthy families in my game who'd I used that feature for.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like to do this and as the game doesn't support it directly, my workround is to keep a set of 'house sitter sims' on hand. Just pop one of those into the existing property, transfer whatever cash you want and move into the new house. You can the merge/split households to your hearts content using these house sitter sims. My celeb sim has a house in nearly every neighbourhood.

I have given em a uniform and made all the sitters as part of a club. Or just invite/visit them and ask to join household.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    I'll just add to this. I also use live in staff instead of in game services like maids, nannies, etc. They can hold the household while the owner is in the city 'for the season' sort of scenario.

I also play these sims sometimes - when the cat's away...
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I do this. As a work around, I used one of the other lot types (retail store, vet clinic) as a house. Now, though, I just use a mod. My Sims have 3 homes. It doesn't work perfectly because they only pay bills for one, but ... it's better than having them constantly buy/sell homes.
    haneul wrote: »
    I do this. As a work around, I used one of the other lot types (retail store, vet clinic) as a house. Now, though, I just use a mod. My Sims have 3 homes. It doesn't work perfectly because they only pay bills for one, but ... it's better than having them constantly buy/sell homes.

As businesses are tied to lots, then you can actually have two locations per owned house as well.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I really want this to be possible! I tried work arounds before like purchasing a retail store and building a house instead, but sims tend to go back to their home lot.
    My sims frequently go on vacations, but the problem is that after a few days (maybe 4?) they all get a sad moodlet from being homesick. So I would absolutely love if we had a proper feature like this.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2022
    I went back to feudalism basically.

My family, The Hoggarth Family are a noble wealthy family of 8 sims. Lord Alexaeos and Lady Ursula run the show, and they have their 6 children, Dominic, Marcus, Robert, Victoria, Gloria and Vincent. They own all of Old New Henford. And converted the land into a farm. Although it’s Lady Ursula, Victoria, Gloria and Vincent who really oversee the farm is running smoothly.

Their castle resides on the 64x64 estate, with an orchard and vineyard outside of the castle walls.

I had them purchase the three other lots, as residential lots, built two stables, one for cows, the other was suppose to be for pigs, (I built them years before Cottage Living was even teased) and a Silo.
    And once Everything was set up I moved in the managers of those lots, And I use clubs to have them summon peasants to work.

And it works. The Hoggarth supply themselves and the other 4 kingdoms with food as well.

Lord Bouvet, lady Ursula’s father also owns a Castle in the Bramblewood. Ursula also has a younger sister Morgana, who married Lord Caspian of Whales, Who has a castle on the south coastal region (Brindleton Bay). Lord Bouvet was able to marry off his daughter to two prominent men, and able to save his house and castle from crumbling.

So the families are able to freely go and visit their cousins.

Lord Alexaeos is the older Brother of the King Orion, lord of Halcyon. Only because he married the Queen in Windenburg. So they have that connection too. Even the other two kingdoms, they’re basically all just one big extended family.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I had my actress buy a house in IL for her getaway house...all I had to do was to put a cash register somewhere on the lot and she had her little escape.

I would love it if devs could manage to allow sims to own additional houses without the work arounds.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    All my businesses have an apartment for the owners or other sims to use. Would be nice if they could own second homes and rent them out to gain some income, otherwise I am fine with renting whatever nice looking property in the neighbourhood or simply moving places.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    j_nelly wrote: »
    Anyone ever wanted to purchase more than one house for a family? Maybe they're super rich and have a house in every world or vacation house they own in the holiday destinations. I tend to play with one family for ages and get bored of their house and I download so many amazing houses from the gallery I just want to be able to play in all of them? Anyone else like the idea of owning more than one property? (I know you can own retail lots etc but this is outside of that).

I hear what you're saying and Sims3 ultimately allowed a family to own a secondary lot. I, too, tend to grow bored of a lot after a time. I ended up playing around with platforms to change things up when just changing out the wall treatment didn't do the trick. Unfortunately, I wrecked the house in doing so. I was never fully satisfied with what I did to the boys' bedroom. I ended up building them a new house, which was challenging, but well worth it in the end. I told the story of a fire and how restoration could only do so much. They had a new house built. (Global Superstar, Rock Star rolling in Simoleons) could well afford it. That did the trick for me. Perhaps, because I built it (from plans in a magazine) is why I loved it so much. I added a platform to the kitchen and one in what was supposed to be the garage which I made my Sim's music studio. I also made little tweaks to make it Sims' friendly. Currently, I'm missing it a lot. But it's huge and my Sims are currently living in HoB. I had already downsized the original house to fit the smaller lots. I'm now considering doing the same for the Flannigan, as the house was named by the Architect who designed it. I'll give it a good think, or I may even pour through said magazine for yet another floorplan I like. Who knows? But it would be nice if our Sims could own two residential properties.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/