Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Pack #11 speculation

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think we'll probably see a trailer pretty soon, probably next week or the week after as the trailers are usually around 3 weeks before the pack, and Valentines day is coming up and it'd be pretty silly to release a romance themed pack after that. I'm expecting it'll be released somewhere between the 5th and 12th of February
  • Options
    HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Would love to see bridal showers and wedding dress shopping . Hotels ,brides bouquet toss , wedding cake cutting , engagement photos , lopsided relationships, the choice to make your sim the faithful type (that won’t flirt with other sims ) or even a player (who’s open to dating around) with the choice to also change that if needed . An actual attraction system that can effect your mood, friendships etc. blind dates, set ups , love at first sight, high school sweetheart status. sims could arrive airport or docking port to start or leave world .

As far as worlds a small world with a few hotel/ apartment options (2-4 separate rooms ) and a few extra things to do example : fancy restaurants, tourist souvenir shop, spa/beach couple massage, sweets shop , place to go dancing or to have a picnic , or sailing , street vendors selling florals /other stuff . A world inspired by Italy , Greece, Spain or France . Maybe even 1 or 2 small lots you could buy and open a business or choose to live on.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would actually like to see a world based on India, because I don't think we ever have in the Sims franchise. Hindu weddings are also some of the most renowned.

A world based on India would be wonderful!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2022
    I sincerely hope it's not centered around a Wedding Planning career. :neutral: I'd be fine if this career were part of a general wedding or romance pack, but another whole game pack centered on a single career like DHD? No thank you. I haven't even bought that pack yet because it seems so boring. There's some good items in there no doubt, but it's basically a glorified stuff pack masquerading as a game pack and therefore not worth the $20 price point. If it goes down to $10 at some point, I MIGHT consider it... but even then, it's lower than Outdoor Retreat, and even Batuu on my list of wanted packs. Heck, there are literal stuff packs I'd rather get before DHD.

So yeah, if they plan on going the same route as DHD for this pack, I'll probably lose all interest unless it's really well done.

As for what I'd like to see... Honeymoons, Slow Dancing, and really just an overall improvement to the romance system in game. An attraction system of some sort would be really nice too (perhaps it could be integrated with likes/dislikes since the system itself is base game?)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    DMD didn't have a lot of new objects either with the exception of modular sofas or whatever their called. This is why I don't want this pack to be just about the wedding career.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited January 2022
    DMD didn't have a lot of new objects either with the exception of modular sofas or whatever their called. This is why I don't want this pack to be just about the wedding career.

I know I previously said I thought it might be about the career but it could quite possibly not even have a career at all. It's entirely possible that its the reason for the calendar becoming base game, so that you can properly plan/ host parties, and the pack is all about romantic events, singles night, hen/stag parties, and all the objects and interactions that create a romantic atmosphere at events. It might not even have that much to do with weddings at all. Maybe the pack is about actual romantic gameplay (please be about gameplay🤞) but the hint mentions events, right?

Edited for an afterthought, romantic interactions shouldn't be pack specific - cuddling with your partner should be a base game feature and not come in a pack, so if there are romance interactions not tied to the key feature of the game, maybe it'll come in a free update?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I don't expect and want a new world for this gamepack, I fear it would be a 5 lot world again, which is too small for me. But I really hope for more gameplay, and if it’s actually a party for love, then I hope for return of the special cake for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party. And hopefully couple/slow dance may come back.
  • Options
    Daravi wrote: »
    I don't expect and want a new world for this gamepack, I fear it would be a 5 lot world again, which is too small for me. But I really hope for more gameplay, and if it’s actually a party for love, then I hope for return of the special cake for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party. And hopefully couple/slow dance may come back.

I worry that if the focus is on matchmaker parties we may not get an online dating feature.
  • Options
    TheSims just posted this on Twitter. We don't have crushes in the game. I think it's an obvious hint.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    TheSims just posted this on Twitter. We don't have crushes in the game. I think it's an obvious hint.

Sims with crushes might be fun, but what if they will have a stalking behaviour like paparazzi?
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I don't think it means making a sim with a crush. It means you (the player) are recreating your real-world crush in CAS, y'know. CASing up the person of your dreams.
  • Options
    SimlishJanSimlishJan Posts: 2 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > Sims with crushes might be fun, but what if they will have a stalking behaviour like paparazzi?

I honestly really wish for this
  • Options
    I don't think it means making a sim with a crush. It means you (the player) are recreating your real-world crush in CAS, y'know. CASing up the person of your dreams.

This tweet is supposed to be related to the upcoming celebrate love pack. Don't know what kind of gameplay it will bring if it will require for simmers to create their real life crushes in game. 🤣
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

This tweet is supposed to be related to the upcoming celebrate love pack. Don't know what kind of gameplay it will bring if it will require for simmers to create their real life crushes in game. 🤣

It's referring to a "hypothetical" attraction system.

Which 3 traits are needed for this sim to qualify as a "crush" i.e. someone you're attracted to.
    I guess?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

Sims with crushes might be fun, but what if they will have a stalking behaviour like paparazzi?
    Oh, gosh, the stalker lover, lol! 😄
    *has Lady Gaga’s Paparazzi in her head now*

“I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
    Papa-paparazzi
    Baby, there's no other superstar, you know that I'll be
    Your papa-paparazzi….”

Ooh! If it’s meant to be a hint for the pack or an update for the pack, then maybe it’s a hint about an attraction system? 🤔
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Please, an attraction/chemistry system! o:) This would change so much how relationships work in game for me.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited January 2022
    Why it says 108? Maybe its a hint that we will get 108 romantic preferences?
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    With the kit being leaked to be coming February 3rd, I don't think it's possible we will get the game pack before valentines day.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    With the kit being leaked to be coming February 3rd, I don't think it's possible we will get the game pack before valentines day.

@kaiwrysims with how close packs/kits have been releasing it still seems likely to me that the romance pack would come out before Valentine’s Day. Perhaps Feb 8th :smiley:
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Maybe there's a hint in the number of traits? Could they finally be giving us more than 3? :o
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options

Which 3 traits are needed for this sim to qualify as a "crush" i.e. someone you're attracted to.
    I guess?

I don't think their traits qualify them as a crush. Their traits are whatever, they don't influence your sims feelings, do they?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I guess?

I don't think their traits qualify them as a crush. Their traits are whatever, they don't influence your sims feelings, do they?

What if I was really attracted to evil, squeamish, goofballs? I’m not, but in a WHAT IF scenario, aren’t traits the first thing we look at? Or in my case, the second thing…🤡

It’s all part of the “I have feelings” system. Looks, traits, voice, interests…the whole shebang.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hope this really means literal crushes. Now that's something I'd be totally interesting in. I don't play too much all out romance but crushes would be so cute! Also interested in any new traits. Hopefully interesting ones.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

I guess?

What if I was really attracted to evil, squeamish, goofballs? I’m not, but in a WHAT IF scenario, aren’t traits the first thing we look at? Or in my case, the second thing…🤡

It’s all part of the “I have feelings” system. Looks, traits, voice, interests…the whole shebang.

Right now sims don't have any preference for traits, and if they will have crushes, I really hope that the attraction or crushing system will take into account other type of preferences as well, not just traits. Things like hair or eye colour, fitness level, wealth, or occult status.